Voting has reset for the month of December. Valucre is in the top 10 but we need to be in the top 3 if we want visitors to the topsite to see us the moment they land on the home page. So if you want to help new members discover Valucre, then vote for us daily.

Welcome to Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

  • Announcements

    • supernal

      Vote for Valucre [January]   01/01/2017

      Voting for the month of January is open on TopRPSites! Vote for Valucre daily and help new members searching for a place to roleplay discover the same joys you have in Valucre. You can vote daily, so make voting for Valucre a habit. Discussion thread
supernal

Pre-registration questions for Guests

94 posts in this topic

Hi, noticed the first comment on this thread mentioned about signing up & waiting upon a validation email to be able to come play. I have the same issue i'm afraid! I have signed up but still no sign of a validation email so mind taking a look pretty please?

I registered the username as ' ImagineASH '

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Guest ImagineASH said:

Hi, noticed the first comment on this thread mentioned about signing up & waiting upon a validation email to be able to come play. I have the same issue i'm afraid! I have signed up but still no sign of a validation email so mind taking a look pretty please?

I registered the username as ' ImagineASH '

Thank you.

Thanks for reaching out. Your account has been manually approved.

Just to make sure whether or not this was the issue, is there any chance that the registration email is in your Spam folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, appreciated and nope its not. Kept checking to make sure that was not the case and its still empty so.. believe its got lost in transit somewhere :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having the same issue as the person above. I signed up a few days ago, I believe, and so far nothing has appeared in my mail, not even in the spam folder. I signed with the name "Kio"

Thanks for your time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Guest Kio said:

I am having the same issue as the person above. I signed up a few days ago, I believe, and so far nothing has appeared in my mail, not even in the spam folder. I signed with the name "Kio"

Thanks for your time!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I've manually activated your account. Let me know if you have any issues with it or if everything looks good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is working now, seems just fine! Thank you so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, my friends and I are searching for a new RP site to run a RP we've been working on so I have some questions. Are multi-fandom RPs allowed on this site, if so where would be the best place to put one? I hope to run this RP with more than just me and a few of my friends.

The RP is also going to be pretty big in scale, with multiple fandoms and universes involved, so can you make multiple IC tabs or threads for one roleplay or is there a way of making a roleplay less clunky? I was in an RP on another site that died because everyone lost track of their posts and I don't want the same thing to happen to this RP.

What kind of content is allowed in these RPs? I need to know if I need to edit some of the content in this RP to make it more friendly for a younger audience such as toning down the violence and profanity. I won't go over the top with it, but with what my friends and I have planned there is some violence and profanity within the storyline. One of the characters is John Constantine who is known for having a bit of a pottymouth.

Thanks

-An Irish Bloke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Guest An Irish Bloke said:

Hi, my friends and I are searching for a new RP site to run a RP we've been working on so I have some questions. Are multi-fandom RPs allowed on this site, if so where would be the best place to put one? I hope to run this RP with more than just me and a few of my friends.

The RP is also going to be pretty big in scale, with multiple fandoms and universes involved, so can you make multiple IC tabs or threads for one roleplay or is there a way of making a roleplay less clunky? I was in an RP on another site that died because everyone lost track of their posts and I don't want the same thing to happen to this RP.

What kind of content is allowed in these RPs? I need to know if I need to edit some of the content in this RP to make it more friendly for a younger audience such as toning down the violence and profanity. I won't go over the top with it, but with what my friends and I have planned there is some violence and profanity within the storyline. One of the characters is John Constantine who is known for having a bit of a pottymouth.

Thanks

-An Irish Bloke.

The majority of Valucre is an original creation and so does not support the IP of other works of fiction. However in the Alternative section you can run pretty much any kind of game you want, as long as it conforms to the Code of Conduct: http://www.valucre.com/lore.html/resources/general/code-of-conduct/

So you'd be able to run the Constantine fandom in Alternative. In Alt, you can create multiple threads for your various plots or keep it all consolidated into one, whichever you feel is the better way to contain your plot, and I think there are pros and cons to doing it either way. 

As far as content goes, you can see more detail in the code of conduct I linked above, but the site is generally Rated R. Things like violence and profanity are allowed as long as they aren't gruesomely explicit, and things like sexual innunedo are allowed but sexually explicit detail is not. If you don't go "over the top", chances are you'll be fine and you'll get a contact or message long before you find yourself banned or anything like that. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey, I'm looking for a new rp forum to join, but before I do--am I able to view a list of rules for the site, as a guest? and, may I ask--does this site allow me to create my own threads, rps, etc, that do not neccessarily adhere to a pre-set rp universe? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Guest said:

hey, I'm looking for a new rp forum to join, but before I do--am I able to view a list of rules for the site, as a guest? and, may I ask--does this site allow me to create my own threads, rps, etc, that do not neccessarily adhere to a pre-set rp universe? 

Sure. You can view our code of conduct here: http://www.valucre.com/lore.html/resources/general/code-of-conduct/

And yes. Although most of the site is structured around the pre-set world of Valucre, you can play non-canonical settings in Alternative and create your own world or what have you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you for the prompt response! <33 I'll browse the rules and make my decision! c:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

By registering on Valucre and posting on the site, you agree to grant us nonexclusive rights to display, store, adapt, and create derivative works of anything you submit on Valucre.

I have a question. Does this mean that i could post, in say, the alternative section, a plot that was my own original work entirely, and it would be the right of Valucre to take that and use it? I'm sorry, I don't have an extensive knowledge of the jargon here and I want to make sure I know exactly what it means to give your site the right to create derivative works off my writing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Guest said:

I have a question. Does this mean that i could post, in say, the alternative section, a plot that was my own original work entirely, and it would be the right of Valucre to take that and use it? I'm sorry, I don't have an extensive knowledge of the jargon here and I want to make sure I know exactly what it means to give your site the right to create derivative works off my writing.

Anything you create and submit you keep the copyright for meaning it is your intellectual property, hence the "nonexclusive" portion. Here is the relevant portion from our Terms of Use: " You retain copyright over your content."

However if you submit something to Valucre for public consumption, you're saying that Valucre is free to use this. A functional example of this is that if you create an organization on Valucre and then leave the site, you can't come back and sue us if someone interacts with that organization, adapts it, or something along those lines. 

That's also why it says later on not to submit anything you consider "private or confidential". Basically anything you wouldn't want to share. 

Edited by supernal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.