Voting has reset for the month of December. Valucre is in the top 10 but we need to be in the top 3 if we want visitors to the topsite to see us the moment they land on the home page. So if you want to help new members discover Valucre, then vote for us daily.

Welcome to Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

  • Announcements

    • supernal

      Vote for Valucre [January]   01/01/2017

      Voting for the month of January is open on TopRPSites! Vote for Valucre daily and help new members searching for a place to roleplay discover the same joys you have in Valucre. You can vote daily, so make voting for Valucre a habit. Discussion thread
supernal

Pre-registration questions for Guests

94 posts in this topic

ah, so storyline combat is  what? :P  Just emote what makes sense and sounds realistic? :)

 

Best Regards,

NewGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Guest said:

ah, so storyline combat is  what? :P  Just emote what makes sense and sounds realistic? :)

 

Best Regards,

NewGuy

That's essentially true. It means that it's scripted to one or another degree. That can vary from having a PM conversation planning out every move to just a handshake agreement to do what makes sense and is fun/fair for all parties (which usually also means being willing to edit if someone has a problem of course). In tournaments, the rules get a little stickier since you're essentially trying to force a certain situation on a character rather than just take it on good faith but yeah. Most people favor the story elements anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah I do too! I dont really mind loosing as long as it's realistic or fair. makes for good story I think. Always winning is boring xD  As for tournament its understandable :)

 

Do you people put pictures of character faace claim or somehting? or pure description? 

 

Im used to game rp so used with some visuals to go on x) how is it here?

 

BEst Regards,

NewGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey btw... when I made my account (outlook) it didnt send me a validation mail and nor did it send a new password mail. Any help? Should I jsut mage another account with my gmail ?

BEst Regards

NewGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guest NewGuyWithQuestions said:

Hey btw... when I made my account (outlook) it didnt send me a validation mail and nor did it send a new password mail. Any help? Should I jsut mage another account with my gmail ?

BEst Regards

NewGuy

It's a mixed bag. In the profile database you can see that some/most people use pictures for their character sheets but some just use text descriptions. You can do either/or.

Regarding your registration, what account name did you use? I'll check and manually activate your account. Valucre has some issues sending mail out to Microsoft domains (outlook, hotmail, etc). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darn it... I dont remember ><  maybe Ren aiken or something ? 

 

BEst Regards

NewGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guest said:

Darn it... I dont remember ><  maybe Ren aiken or something ? 

 

BEst Regards

NewGuy

How about the email you used to sign up with? If you don't want to post that publicly you can use the Contact Us form at the bottom left of the page 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm interested in creating my own Roleplay based on novel series I'm the process of writing (the first book is already done.) The setting and scope of the mechanics are very large, so it would require multiple threads to function coherently. Is that a possibility? Also, am I able to begin its creation immediately after I sign up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Guest GodHand said:

I'm interested in creating my own Roleplay based on novel series I'm the process of writing (the first book is already done.) The setting and scope of the mechanics are very large, so it would require multiple threads to function coherently. Is that a possibility? Also, am I able to begin its creation immediately after I sign up?

 

Valucre offers an Alternative Section that can be immediately posted in as soon as you sign up. The ability to start multiple threads is also at your disposal, which will give you the said cohesion you're looking for. Once you have a few others writing with you and have a storyline and lore, there is further potential to have a board created and placed for you, nested somewhere in a world of your choosing ((as long as the board leader agrees) and you have enough players to maintain such a board).

There are a few other stipulations to board creation, but I'm not entirely positive on what they are since the change and vB has been removed on how exactly the post-count requirements and board creation works, but that's months down the road for you.

Paroxysm likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm thinking of joining this forum since it seems rather active and has a great theme and what not. I'm used to a fighting based RP that has majority action (obviously), so my question is rather simple. I may have just misunderstood when I read everything, but if there is a plausible way and it make sense/is unavoidable, are we aloud to kill one another's characters while fighting? I ask this wondering if I have to ask every person beforehand if its okay to try and kill their character or does everyone here already know that their character may die at anytime unless they ask their opponent specifically not to.

~Keith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Guest Keith said:

Hi, I'm thinking of joining this forum since it seems rather active and has a great theme and what not. I'm used to a fighting based RP that has majority action (obviously), so my question is rather simple. I may have just misunderstood when I read everything, but if there is a plausible way and it make sense/is unavoidable, are we aloud to kill one another's characters while fighting? I ask this wondering if I have to ask every person beforehand if its okay to try and kill their character or does everyone here already know that their character may die at anytime unless they ask their opponent specifically not to.

~Keith

It depends on the environment and if it was agreed upon prior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My apologies, but can you explain what you mean by "environment"? I don't want to accidentally take you literally and think you mean the literal location, i.e., On a grassy field or next to a mountain, when you mean something different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Guest Keith said:

My apologies, but can you explain what you mean by "environment"? I don't want to accidentally take you literally and think you mean the literal location, i.e., On a grassy field or next to a mountain, when you mean something different.

Killing someone's character requires permission from the character's owner. Always. 

The only exceptions are T1 death matches, and high level quests. In those cases you give up you're right to keep your character alive if you lose/ do something that can't be logically corrected. 

So basically, you always need the permission. I can't just jump into a thread you've created and kill your character. (Although if there's a bounty on you and your thread isn't -Closed- I can jump in and you have to accept my T1 challenge. 

Hope that helped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes that helped a lot. Thank you for that answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried making an account with both an aol/gmail email, but I haven't gotten an email no matter how many times I've resent the confirmation email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.