Voting has reset for the month of December. Valucre is in the top 10 but we need to be in the top 3 if we want visitors to the topsite to see us the moment they land on the home page. So if you want to help new members discover Valucre, then vote for us daily.

Welcome to Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

• Announcements

• supernal

Vote for Valucre [January]   01/01/2017

Voting for the month of January is open on TopRPSites! Vote for Valucre daily and help new members searching for a place to roleplay discover the same joys you have in Valucre. You can vote daily, so make voting for Valucre a habit. Discussion thread
Acies ab Vesania

Open
Tavern of Legend: Season 2

3,494 posts in this topic

“Why hello there, my weary friend. A water it is. And should you need anything to eat, just let me know. Ghallen may have his religious priorities mixed up, but he’s a whizz in the kitchen.”

He gives you a wink, apparently the joke one that locals probably would understand. Those who knew the land would know that natives of Rennovatio were at odds with the Gaian religion, and it was a point that the bartender used to poke fun at his longtime friend and business associate.

“What brings you to our end of the world? Especially in these difficult times. I’m sure you saw the mess outside.”

Ghastardly and HiddenKitty123 like this

“Why hello there, my weary friend. A water it is. And should you need anything to eat, just let me know. Ghallen may have his religious priorities mixed up, but he’s a whizz in the kitchen.”

He gives you a wink, apparently the joke one that locals probably would understand. Those who knew the land would know that natives of Rennovatio were at odds with the Gaian religion, and it was a point that the bartender used to poke fun at his longtime friend and business associate.

“What brings you to our end of the world? Especially in these difficult times. I’m sure you saw the mess outside.”

Sage gave a nervous chuckle at the man's joke, trying to seem like he wasn't too far out of place in this world despite not knowing exactly what he was talking about in terms of the chef's religious priorities, though he got the gist. However, upon receiving the water, Sage's reservedness quickly changed as he downed the glass in a few seconds. Sage set the glass back down on the bar as his attention shifted back towards the barkeep as he offered him a bit of food as well, and although that was most certainly tempting, Sage had seen that a large portion of today's customers were refugees seeking water, food, and shelter same as him, "I appreciate the gesture, but I'm sure you have enough trouble keeping up with the people who are sorely in need of food and water, so I'll make do with the single glass for now friend". Sage gave a small reassuring smile to ensure that he was alright, though it could be plainly perceived that this man was essentially exhausted from his journey.

Sage faltered a bit when the man asked what brought him there before answering, "Well I...", Sage knew he couldn't just go spouting out that he had crossed a sea of stars in a ship to get here, but that didn't mean he had to lie either, "I had engine trouble, and have basically been trying to find my way around this world ever since". Sage let it slip that he wasn't even from this world that was known as Valucre, expecting that to be a relatively normal thing for this man given the the people and creatures he had seen in his time on this planet.

"Seeing as how I'm new here, I'm not exactly sure about what went on outside, but I did see the memorial when I walked in". Sage's eyes reflected sincerity, "I only wish I would have arrived here sooner so that I could have helped, maybe then..." Sage thought back on all of those names on the memorial as his eyes averted to the bar, his sentence didn't need to be finished, maybe then he could have prevented a few of those deaths. Sage quickly shook off the thought and looked back at the man, "I suppose it's useless to try to think in hypotheticals when they concern the past. I am interested if there is anything I could do to help now though". Sage knew very well this place was taxed as it is with the overload of customers and refugees, needless to say they likely needed someone to take care of odd jobs around the place or even in the area surrounding.

Edited by Ghastardly

A lithe redhead scanned the tavern warily. It seemed she had escaped one disaster just to be presented with another. The difference was that she could help this time instead of letting her hands be tied by those who 'knew best'. She ran her hands through her hair trying to fix her dishevelled appearance. With her new red hair and thunderstorm gray eyes no one here would know who she was, and she certainly wasn't going to tell. Catching the tail end of the bartender's conversation with a patron she decided to step in.

"I'd like to help too. I grew with the stories about this tavern. It'd be a shame to let whoever did this ruin the magic for others."

Lillyan felt comfortable up in the rafters of the tavern. She felt comfortable in high places, where she could see more. To Lillyan, seeing was knowing.

Her golden eyes seemed to glow in the shadows up above as they scanned over the crowd. She didn't realize it, but there was just a small smile tugging the edges of her lips. Her eyes lingered for a second longer on a man whom seemed just a tad different from the others. Short swords. Watchful eyes. Cautious footsteps. But her eyes lingered for only a second longer before she decided to lie comfortably on the rafter, facing the ceiling of the tavern and just letting her thoughts die away so she was left in a very relaxed state. So much, in fact, that unknowingly... Her swords slowly began to slip from their hold as she remained lied down.
Ghastardly likes this

Sage's attention then shifted to the girl who had just taken a seat next to him, glancing over to her for a moment as she expressed her desire to help as well. Sage's eyes then moved down toward his empty glass as he slid it away from him while listening to what she had to say, speaking again once she had finished, "Well it sounds to me like we might as well together, considering that we are both trying to accomplish the same thing". Sage looked over to her again, "I'm not exactly familiar with the whole 'magic' thing yet, so it would do me good to have someone around that at least knew a little about the subject and I'm sure you wouldn't mind some back up either". Sage then glanced back towards the wall where the quest board stood, "I'm sure they have something that needs to get done, that is...", Sage's eyes then moved back t the redhead that sat next to him, "If you're willing to have a partner".

However, before either of them could continue, their conversation was quickly interrupted by the thunk of a sword plunging into the portion of the bar directly in front of Sage. Sage jerked away from the bar in confusion, looking at the sword that materialized seemingly rm nowhere. More magic? Sage thought to himself at first, but quickly shook off the thought, Not everything in this world is explainable by magic idiot, try thinking GRAVITY first before you jump to conclusions, Sage argued with himself internally. With that thought, Sage looked up to the area from where the sword fell to another sword already working it's way out of the belt of its owner. Sage's eyes widened when he saw the blade descending straight for him. Sage barely got his hands up in time as the sword fell point down, straight for him. Sage clapped his gloved hands together, stopping the blade JUST short of his face, and let out a sigh of relief as he sat the blade down next to its counterpart that was still lodged in the bar. With that Sage looked back up to the person who was sitting in the rafters above that had apparently almost dozed off when her swords became loose.

"I think you dropped something miss"! Sage said in a friendly tone, despite having the natural right to be upset about a sword almost being dropped on his head.

Edited by Ghastardly

Vinna looked at the raven-haired man speculatively. A partner? Yeah she would need a partner or two for any quest she took up. Just as she began to say that she watched a sword fall from the ceiling, followed by another that nearly sliced her would-be partner in half. She looked up at the ceiling, was someone in the rafters? She spotted a sleeping girl up there. Ah so that’s what happened she thought to herself. She turned to the guy whose name she hadn’t gotten yet,

“I’d like a partner, if its not too much trouble. My name is Vinna and elemental magics are my specialty. It’s nice to meet you. Did you have a specific quest in mind?” Then she looked up at a sudden sound in the rafters as someone started heading down. She couldn’t understand why someone would go up there were there were giant spiders. Or at least that’s what she’d heard one of the staff say a little while earlier. She shuddered and hoped her new partner didn’t offer to help with the spider infestation. Not that she’d be much help as she’d probably shriek at the first spider and race back down, but she didn’t want to even look up there.

Ghastardly likes this

Vinna looked at the raven-haired man speculatively. A partner? Yeah she would need a partner or two for any quest she took up. Just as she began to say that she watched a sword fall from the ceiling, followed by another that nearly sliced her would-be partner in half. She looked up at the ceiling, was someone in the rafters? She spotted a sleeping girl up there. Ah so that’s what happened she thought to herself. She turned to the guy whose name she hadn’t gotten yet,

“I’d like a partner, if its not too much trouble. My name is Vinna and elemental magics are my specialty. It’s nice to meet you. Did you have a specific quest in mind?” Then she looked up at a sudden sound in the rafters as someone started heading down. She couldn’t understand why someone would go up there were there were giant spiders. Or at least that’s what she’d heard one of the staff say a little while earlier. She shuddered and hoped her new partner didn’t offer to help with the spider infestation. Not that she’d be much help as she’d probably shriek at the first spider and race back down, but she didn’t want to even look up there.

Sage's focus was then shifted back towards the red haired woman he had just met who introduced her as Vinna, and evidently Sage's assumption about her being familiar with magic had been correct as she also explained that she was skilled in something called elemental magics. Sage's knowledge about what types of magic there were in the world was quite limited, though he expected that this Vinna was more dangerous than she appeared at first glance, she would have to be considering she had journeyed this far into a devastated and dangerous land such as this just to visit a tavern she had heard about as a child. Sage extended his hand towards Vinna for a handshake as he introduced himself with a small smile, "A Pleasure to meet you Vinna. You can call me Sage, and although I don't know any sort of magic, I've got plenty of other tricks up my sleeves that make me capable enough to handle myself in a fight". Once formalities had been exchanged between the two, Sage shifted in his seat to face her with his body as his eyes once again moved towards the quest board with a straight expression, which had a healthy portion of patrons already gathered about it, though the majority of them only seemed to be window shopping. As he looked towards the boards he continued speaking to Vinna, "I'm not exactly sure on the details, but I've been hearing chatter about a corpse problem in this area. From the small bits I've heard, apparently the locals are beginning to worry about the pestilence that these corpses contain, a problem that only seems to be worsening the longer the quest remains open". Sage then looked towards Vinna once more, "If we're going to help here, making sure that this town is wiped out by a plague that could have been prevented is a logical first step. After that...", Sage's eyes seemed to glimmer a bright white for a fraction of a second as his brow furrowed ever so slightly, "I think we should finish whoever was responsible for the blight set upon this town in the first place".

Sage was unaware that a Lich was responsible for the carnage that had wracked this land and it's people, but even if he knew what sort of entity was behind this, it would not have deterred this man. Someone needed to make sure that whoever was responsible for this wouldn't be able to do it again, and Sage was more than willing to do that himself. "Still...",  Sage continued as his expression quickly softened, "the immediate future of these people are what we need to be focused on for the moment, which means we need to be on body detail". Sage then began fetching a small pouch from inside one of the various pockets in his robe as he spoke to Vinna, "That is unless you would prefer another quest"?

Lillyan woke with a start when her second sword left its rightful place on her hip; the yell waking her even further. She groaned, stretching and yawning before sitting up, feet dangling over the edge of the rafters as she looked down, towards the part of the bar that was right below her. She heaved a heavy sigh before taking the quickest way down; falling between the spaces of the lower rafters. She reached her destination, which was the floor, swiftly, gracefully, and quietly.

Moving through the various patrons of the Tavern, she reached the counter and immediately reached for her swords, tying them back onto her waist.

Then, all of a sudden, she bowed to the man who had caught her swords.

"I greatly apologize for causing you so much trouble." She said before standing straight once more. 'Good thing the swords were still in their sheathe,' she thought, 'Or the sight wouldn't have been pretty.'

She now faced the female the male seemed to be talking to, bowing once more.

"I also apologize for inturrupting your conversations. Please excuse my recklessness."

Followed by a small, almost inaudible mumble before she straightened out again.

"This is why I don't sleep on my back..."

One could say Lillyan was most definitely not a normal person.
HiddenKitty123 and Ghastardly like this

Vinna listened to Sage’s suggestion, she was okay with doing body detail. She’d done it before, but where was the quest? A quick glance at the bulletin board and she couldn’t seem to find it. She turned back to Sage just as the girl was apologizing to both of them. Any quest that they decided to do would need three people, not two. Maybe this would be a good opportunity to get a third member of their party. She turned to the still sleepy girl,

“Hey you know how you could make it up to us? Go on the quest with us. The requirements say they need three people, and I’m sure the quest we chose will be a lo easier with three people than one.” Then she turned to Sage, “Speaking of the quest could you direct me to where you read it? I can’t seem to find it.”

Ghastardly likes this

Sage's attention would be brought to he strange woman that had dropped her swords earlier from the rafters. His eyes widened a bit when she bowed before apologizing to him for her weapons nearly dropping on his head. Sage hadn't exactly seen it as that big of a deal, and quickly waved her off with a friendly smile and nervous chuckle, "Please, there is no reason to be so formal about this. Accidents happen right"? Sage then glanced at Vinna when she began speaking to the woman. He didn't seem too concerned with the elemental mage inviting this girl along on the quest as long as the newcomer was confident she could handle herself. 

Sage spoke once more when Vinna asked where he had read about said quest, "I haven't read anything. I simply heard it through the chatter of some of the other patrons when I arrived. As to where we can get more information...", Sage looked towards the barkeep, Vaddock, "Would you happen to know where we could et some more information on that quest"?

The silver haired Enchantress was dressed in black silk as she always did, after receiving some terrible news from a ghost of the past. She needed to get her mind back to work and doing what she did best making some connections.  Rhian made her way back to the tavern in which she came, she had a feeling fate would give her something she could work with a clue a hint in general. Her violet reptilian eyes dazzled against her porcelain skin a bit of static coming from her form this even the raw emotion feeding in to her body her body still weakened by this place. But she knew better the young Lady Zantara had been warned of this by her father the one known in this realm as the Marquis. She had heard whispers on the wind in her days of wondering about, the spell that had brought her here had indeed brought her to her kin. Her father was in the realm and she needed to find him and tell him herself. She knew if it mattered not... she was still her mother.

Her Violet eyes showed a bit of a golden fleck in them like that of a death adder. She was her Mother's daughter afterall... After she made her way insde she did not pay attention to the other patrons just fining herself an empty seat at the bar looking at the tender and making an order of Dragon's Wine. She needed something potent tonight it wasn't her hellsbane but it shall do. " Fuck mom why did you have to go after the Queen of Roses... I told you to wait for me.." She hissed to herself her forked tongue dancing along her full lips.

A softly hummed tune could be heard over the low din of the tavern. Silvery orbs glancing over the patrons of the tavern as the source of tune made his way inside the establishment. Each stride followed by a click heels touching upon the floor the place, the supple leather the knee high leather boots flowing with each stride.A light smile touched his lips as he glanced about, moving toward an empty table, draping himself into one of the chairs, the humming continuing still.

The scoundrel himself had smiled upon her seemed she got what she wanted after all. Hearing the hum her pointed ears twitched her blackened tongue flicking back and forth absentmindedly. The wine had a full body she could take in the scent so easily without so much as swirling the glass. Taking out her cigar case she pulled out a black hand rolled cigar. Twisting it a moment before placing it to her lips a sweet smell came to the air her eyes turning to the warm violet they once were her mind needed a change the thoughts of her clan her duty came to frame. Trying to let her mind rest. She needed to get her hands dirty again. Though she was gifted in the craft of a silver tongue she was no stranger to the battlefield. Though while she waited she wondered what this stranger who came in just behind her.

Stopping the humming long enough to order a a glass of wine. Stifling a soft yawn with leather swathed fingers, gaze still darting across the forms of the other patrons. A bemused smiled parting his lips. The chair creaked lightly as he leaned it back on 2 legs, accepting his drink, boots meeting the top of the table with a soft thud as he put them his feet up. Sipping at the wine as he did so.

Well seems like she had to get the ball rolling as it where looking over at the bartender. Speaking loud enough to get her point across and any listening ears keen on her. Honestly the young Orochi halfbreed was in a I wish you would kind of mood. Pulling out a bit of coin always a way to stand out as she motioned for the tender to come to her. " Come now tender and answer me and you will get your coin" Rhian spoke with a sweet tone in her voice her charms were always flawless in turn. " I need to know where a lady can find a bit of coin and travel. Have you heard any rumors that you think a little lady like me " With that Rhian paused her Reptilian iris' dilating a bit of intimidation never seems to be ill of mind at least when it came to information. " Would like to know my good man?"

The tender looked at the piece with a gleam in his eyes the stout man would speak gruffly as he took the piece. " I wouldn't think a lady like yourself would be getting mixed up in all this but those undead creatures who attacked us... they are not the only ones... this time of year the contentment across the warp is teaming with the undying freaks..."

HiddenKitty123 and DesolutionX like this