Jump to content

Leaderboard


Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 04/29/2019 in all areas

  1. 6 points
    Divi'ing my characters up as such: Zack: Scoot Jessie Grunt Wilhelm Knox Blondie Chief (the engineer sergeant) 4 engineers Veloci: Murray Shea Melanie Hudson Precht (the platoon lieutenant) 5 engineers Go forth my characters! Make Norkotia proud!* * - of the fact that you're no longer their problem
  2. 6 points
    Alright! @zackrobbman and @Veloci-Rapture, you can start new threads for your realms. You can give them any name you want, but include "Nightmare Descends 2:2A and 2:2B" respectively in your titles so it's easy for future reference! I imagine the fog will clear and the characters find that their surroundings have changed. I'll also start 2 new OOC threads for you guys to explain additional rules (if any.) I'll keep the mindmap links above updated every few days so it's easy for everyone to reference the status of each character. A reminder that a round generally lasts 2 weeks. If you haven't posted in 2 weeks, you will lose a turn. Note that your character is still subject to damage even if you are not around. Putting the groupings here for easy reading! zackrobbman's realm Leo Manville @Veloci-Rapture Sheryl @Fierach Khaki @Thotification Sera @Thotification Middy @Thotification Cynthia @vielle Noah @ChaosLord Frederick @EpicRome23 Gormaric @EpicRome23 Hensch Men @bfc Challara @notmuch_23 Vlad @P.N.See Norkotian squad @Tyler Ed @Akiris Lort Kingston @[AW] Grubs Nim'Ruin @SelenaNichole Veloci-rapture's realm Charlie @zackrobbman Iskandar @Roen Jack Murray @Tyler Ehlan @SelenaNichole Selena @SelenaNichole P.U.D. Celene @Dolor Aeternum Soryn @Dolor Aeternum Von Hensch @bfc Turret "Tim" @P.N.See Barristan & Junia @Fierach Surus war elephant @EpicRome23 Ilene Cantu @EpicRome23 Dan Palmer @HollowCipher Fidelitas @jaistlyn Aryssin @sorainvoked
  3. 5 points
    There were two troubling factions among the defenders. One was the Norkotian team - it was apparent that they had sent their most undisciplined soldiers to the field. It was doing nothing to bolster the image of Norkotia, and Fidelitas would be sure to report this to Chastity. Feedback should be sent to the Norkotian regent to inform him that it was not appreciated. The Order of the White Hand didn't exist to whip their soldiers into shape, and Yh'mi was not a training ground. The other was an individual, Charlie Smith. He seemed to treat this whole endeavour as a joke, hitting on all the females and almost burned the camp down once. A pity that he was actually a competent fighter and worker, or Fidelitas would have sent him back with the suppliers and the arms dealer returning back to Inns'th with the compensation owed him so far and a ban from rejoining them. As it was, fighters were still in short supply, and so the paladin had no choice but to tolerate him. The good news, however, was that the rest of the group were hard workers who put their physical and magical strengths to good use in the construction efforts. Selena was dedicated to the cause, Challara's immense strength quickened their work, and Fidelitas nodded in appreciation at Ed's shadowmancy. He had carried a whole Saevion to their camp on the first night by himself, enough to supply the whole group with fresh meat for a few days after. One of the mercenaries that had come as a group had a female who sat around and drank tea while her subordinates worked. Fidelitas thought it strange; there was no landscape to look at and no sunshine to enjoy, but as long as the group contributed as a whole, he had no issues with that. Even the Daily Weekly reporter had proved his prowess in combat. At least he wasn’t a weakling to be coddled. Some press was good, it was a step in encourage the rest of Terrenus to take notice in a region they had actively turned a blind eye to. Fidelitas watched Vlad walk to the reporter. He hoped that the auto-targeting turret brought in by Vlad would be useful, but Yh'mi had a way of corrupting machines, and installing four of them at once would be too risky. At best, they would all stop working and their investment would be lost, at worst the turrets would turn on them. That would be an unimaginable disaster. A cheer came from the tent near the war elephant that had been brought in. Fidelitas had confidence in the occupants of that tent. Among all those present, Gormaric was the warrior most experienced in going head-to-head against Yh'mi, and he was sure that his fellows would not be far behind in skill. There were newcomers with the second wave. The halfling medic with rippling muscles was an asset, as well as some others who had yet been proven. Among them was a beautiful woman; Hyacinth, he believed her name was, bringing the number of attractive women in the camp to at least five. He should really warn her about Charlie and the Norkotian scout who were sure to look her way soon. Most of the camp was winding down now, people heading into their tents, some already asleep. Fidelitas was taking the first watch. He climbed up to the highest point of the camp to get a better vantage. It was a foggy night, which lent to almost complete darkness except for a small radius of light around the camp. He moved towards the camp in order to rouse people to keep sigil; a limited visibility would subject them to surprise attacks. The fog rolled into the camp, getting thicker. This could not be a natural phenomenon. “Everybody up!” He shouted. “We may be under attack.”
  4. 4 points
    OBELUS

    What will you learn?

    ENCOUNTER: ??? OBTAINABLE ITEMS: 1 CHOOSE AN ACTION > FIGHT > FLEE > SAVE QUETZALCOATL
  5. 4 points
    OBELUS

    What do they know?

    >Who’s orbit man? "Centrifuge," Quetzalcoatl says, continuing to jog. After a pause, she stops and looks at you. "Oh, that's kinda his name. Officially." She makes quotation marks with her fingers. "I call 'im orbit man 'cause he has super cool stuff spinning around him." After a few minutes of inactivity, the girl stretches her arms up in the air. "You all good? It's time to go, I think." She moves forward towards the trees. A moment later she's hunched over like someone punched her in the gut. The girl falls to her knees, coughing violently as black liquid spurts out her mouth. Her serpents fade out of view. An ink-black handprint stains her face. Another appears on her shoulder, another still on her throat. Quetzalcoatl is yanked forward, chin forced upwards. More of the dark fluid spills out of her mouth as she struggles, pushing at the air. The entire encounter happens in complete silence. In all directions, there is nothing but neon-bright foliage as far as the eye can see. A dirt path winds NORTHwards.
  6. 3 points
    It's that time of year again! Port Caelum is hosting its annual Spring Festival to attract visitors from all over Valucre. Finally, spring is among us and the Regent of Port Caelum is hosting a flower viewing festival in celebration. Come walk the gardens of her estate, taste sweet delicacies inspired by the variety of blooms, and enjoy sweet wines and yokai sake. Political figures across each continent received personal invitations to attend the event. In addition, word was sent in mass to the citizens of Valucre that held no title to speak of. It is a casual event to include fireworks, tea ceremonies, and other localized events within the port. There will also be vendor stands outside the Lady’s estate where you can buy demonic trinkets and souvenirs. Join the festivities to celebrate the arrival of the new season. See the regent in person and the yokai in her care. Enjoy the atmosphere and treats that will be offered for free. Rules: - + This event will be hosted in one thread for the most part. Other threads can be created for the event, but please make sure to include [Hanami] after the title and tag me in the first post so I can follow along. - + Please adhere to posting order within your group. Also, be sure to communicate with other role players to make sure that you can join groups that are already interacting to find a good time to step in. - + As per usual, do not engage in violence without permission from other users. - + If you are planning to up-end my event, talk to me first. Depending on purpose and plot points, we may reach an agreement. Although keep in mind there will be several beings at this event that allied and will be hard to overcome if they ban together. Character deaths aren’t permitted without consent as well. - + Most importantly, have fun. The thread will be posted on Saturday, May 4th. Look forward to playing with all of you!
  7. 3 points
    OBELUS

    What will you learn?

    ENCOUNTER: LEAKER OBTAINABLE ITEMS: 1 INITIATIVE ORDER > @jaistlyn > @SweetCyanide > QUETZALCOATL > @Wade COMBAT 1. Post your desired action in the OOC thread and roll for outcome. 2. Post for your action in the IC thread according to initiative order. 3. Wait for OBELUS' response at the end of each round.
  8. 3 points
    OBELUS

    What do they know?

    Quetzalcoatl pulls herself up, coughing violently. She cups a hand over her mouth, then closes her fist. With a pull, one of her snakes comes slithering out, ink-black and glistening wet. The serpent falls. The black liquid in its body splashes onto the soil as the serpent phases through the ground. The girl wraps her arms around her, fingernails digging into the black handprints that still stain her skin. She is silent. She stares at the spot where Setsuko was taken, then closes her eyes. The distance between you and the forest constricts. The vista bulges outwards like the view from a fisheye lens. Trees curve away as something invisible tunnels into the forest, rolling up the path between you and the Leaker as if it were an old hallway carpet. Quetzalcoatl staggers a few steps forward, and the same force that brought you into the forest drags you along. She stops, sits down, and space rearranges itself. Suddenly, you are in a different, darker part of the forest. Setsuko lies unconscious some distance away from you. Above her, purple liquid drips around the unseen form of an emaciated leg. A dark-dipped hand lifts above the girl, a half-bloodied face turning towards you. The Leaker is 15 feet away from you.
  9. 3 points
    OBELUS

    What will you learn?

    > THROW SODA AT LEAKER While the Leaker is too quick to follow on foot, the splash of the soda manages to paints one of its legs purple before it disappears into the woods. The glass water takes the shape of a hunting knife.
  10. 3 points
    OBELUS

    What will you learn?

    > FOLLOW LEAKER You follow the splotches of black that stain the cobalt-cyan undergrowth. A trail of trampled shrubbery traces a path for you to follow. The trail peters out after a few feet.
  11. 3 points
    OBELUS

    What will you learn?

    ENCOUNTER: LEAKER OBTAINABLE ITEMS: 1 CHOOSE AN ACTION > FIGHT > FLEE
  12. 3 points
    vielle

    Let's Make A Deal [Stormlands]

    There’s something peculiarly beautiful about the Orchard. Not in the sense of its physical appearance, no—Iris cannot see the narrow canyon nor the giant caverns within it, cannot observe the glowing fungi that have made their home amongst the rock crevices and high stone walls, cannot distinguish the jagged blown wall from the great expanse of caves beyond it. She does not require sight to know that the Orchard is worlds away from the death and ruins of the outside, and the group has only been standing at the mouth of the caves. The air feels different, smells different here, quite unlike the harsh wastes of the Stormlands. They are far beyond the reach of the toxic raindrops down here, and already, Iris feels refreshed, cleansed anew. The poison already flowing through her veins doesn’t really count. “Are we to kill them?” She whispers quietly; whether it is directed to Ramsey standing beside her or merely to herself is not immediately made clear. It is not obvious, either, whether she means the Baron’s men or the golems mulling within the depths of the Orchard. Despite her inability to observe whatever living thing could be moving through the caverns down below, Iris had been there during the confrontation with the Baron and his men, and the subsequent transaction that had occurred. The crew of the Casimir had been offered a deal, and their Captain had accepted. She has very little choice but to follow along with what is required of them, lest she give her true intent away this early on. Iris needs to make her way into the heart of Freestone, and in order to do that, she’ll have to survive this mission, no matter the cost. “I’ll need my equipment,” she tells Ramsey; she will be of little use to everyone involved without her possessions returned to her safe and sound, “to help.”
  13. 3 points
    vielle

    What will you learn?

    ummmm > MOVE towards Queztalcoatl > GRAB ahold of her > PULL her backwards ????
  14. 3 points
    OBELUS

    What will you learn?

    > SAVE QUETZALCOATL Please specify your action.
  15. 3 points
    vielle

    What will you learn?

    W-what the heck was that? Can we have a Horrified react on Val please? 😭 > SAVE QUETZALCOATL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. 3 points
    jaistlyn

    What do they know?

    Alethea For a moment, I thought that the ground underneath me has tilted itself again. I stumble forward, finding myself in a strange forest. Quetzalcoatl apologizes, admitting that the unsettling sensation had been her doing. The forest itself is strange and unnatural. The bright colours shifting in and out dazzle my eyes. “Give me five minutes,” I say, passing a hand over tired eyes. I take out one of the bottles of soda from the bag, twist the cap off, and take a sip. Grape flavoured. It seems to be fine. I take a large gulp, then hold the bottle out. “Anyone wants some?” I turn to Quetzalcoatl. “Who’s orbit man?”
  17. 2 points
    jaistlyn

    OOC Nightmare realm 2A (zack's)

    Dungeon map: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1nlcjPTghpnjLEsbcNlxixSV4ljXk6P7_CqM3OzIZ26s/edit Main rules should still be referred to at the main ooc here: Updated character statuses for this realm: https://www.mindmeister.com/1256513557?t=XLpFybfaJI Characters Leo Manville @Veloci-Rapture Sheryl @Fierach Khaki @Thotification Sera @Thotification Middy @Thotification Cynthia @vielle Noah @ChaosLord Frederick @EpicRome23 Gormaric @EpicRome23 Hensch Men @bfc Challara @notmuch_23 Vlad @P.N.See Norkotian squad @Tyler Ed @Akiris Lort Kingston @[AW] Grubs Nim'Ruin @SelenaNichole
  18. 2 points
    Shouldn't you be writing?? @Twitterpated
  19. 2 points
    "She gon' be mad when she find out, confused too." I said this months ago, and finally my trap card has been activated! Don't worry, if he comes to the festival it'll be closer to it's end for convenience sake. This is going to be exciting.
  20. 2 points
    Poor Akako about to have some PTSD. Wait until she learns Koharu is a Shogun for the Datsuzoku. Maybe Koji should make an appearance.... 🤔 Perhaps an Emissary would be best? Idk. I'll think about it, Regardless, Xartia and Khaliq will be in attendance.
  21. 2 points
    vielle

    Flower Festival - Interest Check

    Lady Yanaihara Kōharu will be in attendance to greet the regent, my friend 🙏
  22. 2 points
    vielle

    NARCollections OOC

    @Hurttoto wanna look around and explore, buddy? If not, I'm up for taking a breather for one round and then pushing onwards to the next rooms after that 😄
  23. 2 points
    jaistlyn

    What do they know?

    Alethea Shock and fear stabs through me when Quetzalcoatl is attacked by an unseen entity. Setsuko is the fastest to react, but she herself is targeted next. I see a glimpse of stained hands and half a face; the attacker is human, or humanoid. The uncapped bottle of soda is still in my hand. In one quick motion, I fling the bottle and its dark liquid contents towards the person. It splashes over the shape of something solid near the ground, but in a flash, the person is gone, and Setsuko gone with him. Grigori gives chase, and I follow behind. With a single thought, the hammer turns into a hunting knife in my hand. We crash through bushes, but the attacker is nowhere to be seen. Behind us, Quetzalcoatl coughs. She's alive, I think with a small amount of relief. There is the sensation of falling again, and I plant my legs firmly on the ground. The girl is moving us away, I realize. I start to protest, to scream that we need to save Setsuko, but the movement stops abruptly. We are face-to-face with the attacker. His stained hands and leg gives away his position and form above the prone Setsuko. "Get away from her!" I yell. I rush at him, aiming to plunge the knife somewhere around his torso, allowing the glass-like knife to take the lead in movement. - Action: Attack (d6 = 4)
  24. 2 points
    It does indeed! So you wouldn't be able to target beings with too-aberrant or too-divergent biologies, such as an ooze or an elemental. That's by design, to limit the kind of hosts which can be hijacked. That said most populations have large humanoid demographics so there's plenty, in terms of role, which remains available to players even if the more out-there biologies aren't Those are all pretty good target types I don't know how to answer your last question there without giving you spoilers so . . . I just won't answer? I will say that the parasites are always in struggle, varying in intensity host to host and through time I'm sure, with that host for dominant control. This isn't usually how I see it in media which deal with these things (except animorphs) but I think it makes for more interesting writing, and consequently more interesting reading, in our particular medium so that's why I chose it that way. I know I have fun with it but feel free to diverge; point being that's one benefit that hijacking someone brain-dead or near-death would have over hijacking a healthier host And much appreciated on that note. Hope it was to your . . . liking
  25. 2 points
    Jotnotes

    The Brittle King's Tragedy OOC

  26. 2 points
    jaistlyn

    What will you learn?

    Attack it’s a hit I believe! Will post during lunch, in about 3 hours.
  27. 2 points
    jaistlyn

    What will you learn?

    >SPLASH the rest of the liquid in the soda bottle at the outline of the attacker. >TRANSFORM glass water into knife 🔪 >FIGHT initiative:
  28. 2 points
    HollowCipher

    Looking for a fight?

    Referring to her ass cheeks. Those would do nothing for him no matter how many times she turned them.
  29. 2 points
    SweetCyanide

    What will you learn?

    oh my god i rolled in the dice roll thread without thinking again i meant: >run towards setsuko's direction where she was dragged, NORTHwards into the bushes >if successful, examine surroundings
  30. 2 points
    Leo had never really thought about wilderness survival, a lifelong city dweller raised in a strict environment he didn't exactly spend much time playing in what little dirt there was. He did not know how to start a fire without tools, and had never once gone fishing - in truth he was woefully unprepared for any life on the road without modern amenities, though it certainly wouldn't be that hard to carry a lighter for fire. "I have no such skills." Leo said, feeling it better to be honest so he could be taught rather then hide behind any lies or ego. Unsure what questions to ask or how to tackle the problem Leo nodded along when his fellow student, a dark skinned elf with white tattoos asked about how to build shelter. It was a more intelligent question then he had been brewing, and when he set his mind to the idea himself he found few solutions he felt confident in without the necessary tools. Leo had never really planned to take an adventuring class, his life goals outside the realm of dungeon diver and bandit fighter; but he was finding it harder to deny the skills this class was proposing would be valuable even if he never had to use them.
  31. 2 points
    vielle

    What will you learn?

    UMMM.
  32. 2 points
    vielle

    Secret Weapon

    ascytale In all his travels, Ascytale has yet to encounter such a giant tree before. He has to tip his head all the way up just to take in the whole majestic breadth of it, hair falling over his eyes as his chin juts out into the air. Well, won’t you look at that. A sight for sore eyes, wouldn’t you say? The vision sparks a memory long since buried, deep in his psyche: the feeling of soft, weathered hands on a young smoothened forehead, the sound of clear rivers tinkling over warm stone, of laughter ringing over green fields. Now, now, that’s enough recollection, Stranger. Shaking himself out of the reverie, Ascytale looks towards Rev and tilts his head in curiousity. "Come on Ascytale. Let me introduce you to my home." His lips twitch at the way she is almost unheeding of his presence, upon seeing the Tree of Memory. “Lead the way, ma’am,” he tells her, quietly trailing after her as they move on closer towards the giant structure.
  33. 2 points
    "Oh fuck off," Arthur replied with an amused grin as he finally crouched near the amalgamation of Enid's body parts; his form was fully human at this point and totally nude at the same time. The mutant barely realized that fact until he found himself face to face with an incredibly nervous Henderson. "My apologies," the mage responded sheepishly, scratching the back of his head before waggling his fingers in the somatic gestures necessary for his next spell. His gear and clothing floated towards him and Arthur went about the process of donning all of his stuff. By the time he slung his haversack over his shoulder, Enid was mostly ready to walk on her own and Arthur offered his other arm as a support. With the four of them following along on the duchess' trail, the mutant moved cautiously, guiding Enid onward at a slow pace. "Duchess?!" the mage called out into the darkness, joining Darwin in his verbal search. Suddenly, a faint response could be heard and Darwin instantly burst into a full sprint, moving away from the rest of the party and into the darkness below. Arthur quickened his pace as Enid's ability to walk returned, following after their marine companion. Darwin's cry forced the mage into a spring of his own, skidding to a halt as they arrived before Darwin's corpse. "I don't think sarcasm is appropriate right now," said the mutant with an exasperated sigh, frowning as he surveyed the body of their fallen comrade. "I have a feeling this area is filled with traps." @Tyler @Lady Gilaen
  34. 2 points
    I'm so thankful for the school break. I can finally live again and write! PURE BLISS!
  35. 2 points
    Amused by their instructor's direct approach, Yineffe knelt in the grass, folding her legs meticulously. She peered into the dark water with some hesitation. A quick survey of her surroundings had her contemplating. She knew much of surviving in the raging desert. But this environment was very different, lush and cool by her standards. She could not say which foreign plants were edible nor what water source was fresh. In such sunny weather her eyesight was poor and amongst the clan she never had to hunt for herself. Opting for the quickest explanation she said, “I can start a small fire with my magic, but I have never fished.” “Tell me,” she continued, reaching into the water precariously. Several small fish darted away. “What materials would you used to build suitable shelter here?”
  36. 2 points
    In the time it took to envelop the encampment with defenses and a sturdy wall, Soryn had weaved in and out of establishments and posts, talking to several people about their current occupations as well as what they thought about this whole endeavor meant to give the Order an advantage against the dangers of Yh’mi. Some refused to talk to him, others laid the entirety of themselves bare for him to see as if he provided a release they very much needed after what Yh’mi has made them endure. He was no stranger to the myriad of emotions he witnessed during his interviews and it was this advantageous empathy that helped him gain so much success for the Daily Weekly. The Daily Weekly managed to send a technician out to fine tune the utility device that he had brought here using data that it had already gathered from the previous ordeal he had faced, strengthening its ability to maintain function even though Yh’mi aimed to distort anything that it attempted to record from what he had seen when he reviewed the hours of footage from before. It was fortunate that Celene was far more stable, powered biomechanically instead of with the magically infused technology of his hovering companion. Soryn emerged from whatever hiding spot he used to jot down notes and tailor interviewing approaches only to see Charlie once again playing with fire as he talked to some of the newer individuals that had arrived. Soryn didn’t really trust any of the Norkotians now given what had happened with the twistling attacks from before, ensuring that Celene and his device kept a close eye on them whenever possible. Turning toward the device, he was about to begin an introductory string of words to address his inevitable audience but soon heard Vlad address him. “Got any fresh news from the mainland?” “Nothing worth mentioning right now I believe. My focus has been learning more about where we are now. Anything else is a distraction right now…friend.” Soryn smiled briefly, noticing the new items Vlad had with him. He was glad that several people took this whole ordeal seriously and had made it a point to improve upon their equipment and skills before they came upon a new threat once again. Their failure before should not be repeated. “If you’ll excuse me…” Soryn started walking forward, eyeing Charlie getting blasted by Melanie’s flamethrower and shaking his head before he composed himself to begin. “Hello again fellow Terrans. Here we are within the encampment that has been diligently created over the last few days by the Order and those who have decided to commit to their cause. This is all intended to be a hub as well as an efficient defensive point against the dangers that lie to our south.” Soryn made sure that his device hovered high enough so that the viewers could see the barren landscape of Yh’mi as he spoke. The cameras now began to pan along as he continued, bringing everyone who had come here to aid into view at some point. “Many more souls have come to assist. Patian Legionnaires, Aligorian soldiers, several people from the houses within Ursa Madeum, along with many others have come together here to provide aid, supplies, and sword to the ambition of the White Hand’s knights. You’ve seen a sliver of the horrors Yh’mi houses and the resilience of those who have endured them but a few days or weeks is not enough to provide you with the truth I have promised to give you. There is more to come as I am sure there are more facets to this harrowing place that must be uncovered and I will guide you through them as long as I can. May the truth shine as brightly as the light of Gaia for us all. Stay tuned to the Daily Weekly stream for further updates.” Soryn offered a small wave before cutting off the feed and then placing himself in a position where he could see much of the camp around him, gauging those around him and analyzing his surroundings for anything that will only help him bolster his message. Brief Interaction: @P.N.See
  37. 1 point
    Mickey Flash

    Secret Weapon

    Rev stood outside of The Tree of Memory, her cloak draped over her arm. She didn't feel the need to hide herself here. As a demon she doesn't need many clothes, and the weather at the bottom of the mountains of Kinumo was very warm for the demon species. Compared to her cloak she wasn't wearing much, and the full set of her tattoos could be seen on her olive green skin. She also had large protruding horns and a very long pointed tail... but what demon didn't? She was just glad to finally be at the end of her journey back home, no matter how much she was dreading seeing the family. The air smelled of home, and the Tree was as magical and wondrous as she remembered. She stood at the entrance of the gigantic tree, where a tunnel had been made to go out the other side. There were different levels to the Tree, with locked doors and mountains of knowledge. She'd studied in the Tree many times. And she'd barely scratched the surface. You had to have express permission by the guardians to get to see the different levels of Tree knowledge. She hadn't went past level one. All of these memories were rushing past her mind, flashes of times she'd opened a locked door for the first time. Or when she was dared to try to climb the tree to the top. It was fitting, because it was called the Tree of Memory. It suddenly hit her that she was looking up at the Tree from the stairway below, not moving, and her mouth hanging open. She looked around to see if she knew anyone from her past, anyone she might be obligated to speak to. There was no one she could see, and she slowly walked forward. That was when she remembered she wasn't alone, and she didn't even turn around when she said, "Come on Ascytale. Let me introduce you to my home."
  38. 1 point
    Akako Akari

    Flower Festival - Interest Check

    I can't wait! @vielle
  39. 1 point
    As the guttural sounds of the cerberus soon faded, the sound of rushing water in the distance was all that could be heard for a few moments before the sound of sinew snapping and bones crushing away signaled Agony’s departure from the organization’s latest victory. There was no exclamation of victory or commendation offered for the triumvir considered what had occurred an inevitability and only confirmation of what he already knew. This conglomeration held potential if they did not suffer from the crucial component that made the Black Queen’s kidnapping such a stinging failure: hubris. Arrogance had aimed to crumble the foundation they had begun to create within the shadows of Patia yet they survived. Now they had another foe to combat in the form of complacency. This hunger for more power that Agony sensed was necessary if they were all to survive themselves. The amorphous being slid along the floor slowly, moving naturally along the potent line of magical energy that Obtenebra sensed as it contacted the smooth rocks along the path beneath his mass. Obtenebra seeped through the minor cracks, aiming to taste the energy it sensed which apparently did not sit well with its source. A tremor would be felt before a surge of energy shot into Obtenebra causing the sentient ooze to spontaneously move and whip in the air. <“Uhltor’s might will make you cower for your insolence….”> The message shot out for all those sensitive to telepathy, the voice a mixture of several tones that did not give away any details about the source. Agony took a few seconds to contemplate before he willed Obtenebra into action, extending a fibrous tendril with a large crimson eye attached at the end toward Cerebri. The eye would hover just above the Helldriver’s head and eyed the carving without any hint of recognition. Agony didn’t care that the Helldriver felt motivated to follow the arrow blindly but given he was moving in the same direction as the magical line beneath them, he would soon find the amorphous being traveling behind him. Xavier poked at Mori’s machine rather forcefully. “My ‘sister’ seems to think you’re one of the smartest people she knows so I’ll trust you for now.” Xavier didn’t know whether Mori would hear him or not and spoke in a hushed tone to the machine for no reason in particular. The anesthetic vapor would glide over his burns and provide some minor relief, Obtenebra reacting violently almost as if it was offended the orc chose to let the machine heal him instead but it receded back into the orc’s chest soon after. The orc attempted to tap the machine in thanks but ended up slapping Mori’s creation with enough force to cause it to jerk a few feet away but not enough to cause any cosmetic or operation damage. “Um…uh…thanks” The orc quickly started to move away and once he saw Agony trailing Cerebri, he’d start to follow suit, looking to see if the puny fairy was also doing so or if she was lagging behind. Boss didn’t like laggers…so he silently hoped she had fallen behind. He had lots to prove today so he didn’t need the blood-wielding fae staging him up any more than she already had.
  40. 1 point
    All of this: https://www.valucre.com/topic/41480-breaking-news-from-the-symposium/ Is publicly available, "treat as if it's in a newspaper", type of information
  41. 1 point
    Miss Sheathe? Holly frowned at the man's words. She never really referred to herself as a lady or a miss, in fact, she would go even further with not seeing her own being as a woman. She was just Holly Sheathe, the farmer. No need for titles here, not even in the capital itself. There's no Lady Sheathe here or Silverbush Chief Executive Officer. Not even Komandir. Just regular, plain olf Holly. She found it funny that no one was willing to press her further on her personal matters. Holly did prefer it that way. Less talk more action. Who knows if any of them will survive after the day is done? So in response to the man's words, Holly nods in assent.
  42. 1 point
    Phaedara

    Wanderlust

    The fanfare upon their return to town was unexpected to say the least. Eleri, despite the decent repertoire of fulfilled missions under her belt, had never before experienced this degree of ostentation for a job well done. Regardless, she relished in the temporary stardom from such simple town folk, even if at the same time, she became increasingly self-conscious, making futile attempts to pin the dusty brown flyaways that strayed from her head. With all the noise and commotion that swarmed them, Eleri almost hadn't caught sight of the two men prying about Ashelewyn's saddle bags. Instinct jolted her nerves and she reached for one of the longswords pinned to her left hip. However, it hardly made a handspan's breadth free from the scabbard before softly clinking back into place after the men had been shooed away. She sighed with relief but remained unsettled with how acute she had been willing to act. He's is carrying precious cargo, she thought in attempt to excuse herself. There's no telling what this town would do if they discovered what else we had brought back. Eleri snapped from her introspection at the mention of her presence. She nodded solemnly to town governor and then raised an eyebrow at Ashelewyn. Excellent help? She decided not to argue the point and accepted the compliment. After all, Eleri had still yet to determine the full nature of their working relationship. The governor soon left them to their designs, and she eyed the elf suspiciously as they made their way free of the crowd, walking beside his steed. There was something about the tone of his voice in that last sentence to the town leader, and she didn't have to wait long to find out why. "I'll stay with Rhaast tonight. You should go and enjoy the celebration." Eleri scarcely heard the rest before coming to her own opinion. "Yeah, that doesn't work for me," she objected flatly. "As much as I'd love free reign on your share of whatever rotgut delicacy they pass as booze around these parts, I... I'm not the one who they should be celebrating." Eleri knew she was passing on an opportunity for not only free drink and dine but for recognition. This was her chance to weave the story into a fine tapestry that might later be appreciated by others, specifically those who could open doors to other avenues that she long sought to explore. But, as she skirted her gaze away from Ashelewyn's penetrating scrutiny, she thought, perhaps, that wasn't so important right now. A cough cleared her throat. "I mean, you know. You're the one who struck the final blow. And, this originally your mission alone. I just happened to get in the way and be of some use." Her cheeks and neck felt hot, but she tried to conceal her embarrassment with an inflated smile and shrug. "Plus," she trailed, her voice taking on a different tone. "I have a feeling you might find more than one kind of banquet awaiting your arrival. This might be your opportunity to show off that," she paused and waved an open palm exaggeratedly in his direction. "Natural visage of yours." Eleri didn't care for the suggestion, but she was not about the admit her disdain especially when she couldn't think of what else to say to convince him to go. By no means was she willing to confess that she was merely anxious in attending the celebration all by herself. "Gauging by the number of young, bright-eyed maidens looking your direction, I'd say you have quite the selection to chose from. I might even seen a few eager lads, if that's your thing. So, you go. I'll stay and and keep Rhaasty company. Hopefully when I see in the morning, I'll still have all my fingers!"
  43. 1 point
    Mickey Flash

    Salutations ^-^

    Hello mistersalami! Since you do Improv comedy, I'm thinking I might see some funny posts. And that is a great thing. I love to laugh, and when someone can write a thing to make me laugh they are my hero. I hope you like it here. Welcome to Val.
  44. 1 point
    mistersalami

    Salutations ^-^

    Hmmm, I haven't seen My Hero Academia yet, but it looks like a good one! My favorite Anime currently is Made in Abyss, and there's a new season coming out soon! I'll recommend a few down below. Dark/psychological: Monster Grave of the Fireflies Death Note Now and Then, Here and There Cutesy: Toradora Yuri on Ice anything Studio Ghibli Darling in the Franxx Re:Zero
  45. 1 point
    So just a real quick update, I got a part time job, but the training is full time hours, give or take, so I'm just tired af when it's combined with everything else lol It should even out and I have Friday off (working Saturday lol) so I'mma finally get some posting done. Maybe even actually write something not already prewritten lmao
  46. 1 point
    Cecily is no stranger to danger, and so when the knight of Hildebrand asks her why she insists on joining his quest for some woebegone ancient amulet, she merely smiles. “Well, perhaps I am merely intrigued by this adventure you paint so vividly,” she drawls, tapping her dainty fingers against the bar counter, gaze flickering dismissively over the old matron staring at her in faint disgust. “Therefore, I want to help. You know I can.” It is simple arithmetic in her mind; offering her particular set of skills in service of the farming noble house should provide her with the boon necessary to raise her societal status in the eyes of her peers, of her community. Should they succeed, she might even be able to request for a personal favor. There is not much she can lose, offering herself up in this situation. And of course. Before any of that occurs, anywhere else is better than staying here, where she is hated and feared. All in all, Cecily sees nothing wrong with the situation she has placed herself in, no matter what Willard has to say about her involvement. “Who else are we waiting for?”
  47. 1 point
    supernal

    Breaking news from the Symposium

    The thread has yet to be formally canonized and as on-going but as this board is not meant to serve as a vehicle for strictly canon information I figure it's fine to post now. It's about multiple items but at least one is an arc I first set into motion 5 years ago and am excited to keep going I'll come back to this first post with more information as I get to it so for now am just throwing out the relevant infomration
  48. 1 point
    KittyvonCupcake

    Book|Ends [Hub]

    Book|Ends OVERVIEW Whether you are searching for a novel on the Daily Weekly bestseller list, an original handwritten account of a half-mad ancient prophetess, or an enchanted tome that grants its owners the power of spontaneous levitation, Book|Ends is here for all of your literary needs. Currently located in the Northeastern part of Ashville, this multileveled building resembles what would happen if an architect fond of columns smashed a historical university’s snobbish library and a museum with a lot of stairs together and then filled it to the brim with books. A set of massive double doors, crafted of heavy wood imported from the Dark Forest, leads one into the Main Room. It is an expansive area, noted for its patterned marble tile and the wooden bookcases that stretch along the walls. Natural lighting pours through skylights and large windows, which have been enchanted to filter out harmful rays that may cause any damage to the texts on display. A fountain, minimalistic and elegant in design, is situated before the collection of shelves containing fictional works. Two desks for customer service are built against the walls on either side of the fountain, as fitting with the symmetrical theme of the store’s architectural structure. Employees at these desks conduct purchases, appraise mundane books for sales and returns, and contact other associates for special requests. Displays advertising suggested literature can be found atop small tables flanking the rows of main level shelves. Off of the Main Room are quieter reading areas, noted for their selection of comfortable seating. The reading areas are decorated with a more bohemian flair. Plush rugs from the Arcane East line the floors and various works of art, ranging from Classical period oil paintings to contemporary prints, can be found clinging to the wall spaces not overtaken by shelves. Rarer works of literature can be found in these separate rooms. A private office is situated in the back right-hand corner of the store. The door is rarely noticed upon first glance, as it is crafted from the same dark stained wood as the bookshelves and seems to exude an aura that wards off potential visitors. “Mister Draug Rhavon” is embossed in silver upon the door. It will not disappear no matter how hard the Mister Draug Rhavon in question scrubs and scrapes at it. Another set of double doors, smaller than those that serve as the front entrance, lead out to shaded courtyard full of exotic plant life. A koi pond and seating provide a scenic respite from city life. The Second Level is where one can find nonfiction work. There are two sets of stairs that lead up to the upper floor, as well as an elevator located at the back of the Main Room, near the restrooms. Like the Main Room, wall to ceiling bookshelves are found on this level. Because the upper floor overlooks the lower, it is advised that customers avoid dangling over the balustrades. The fall would be most unpleasant. The Second Level contains the Retrieval Request Desk, a circular structure that mirrors the fountain’s design. Employees manning the Retrieval Request Desk appraise enchanted tomes, scrolls, grimoires, and other forms of text that house magical properties. They also process requests filed for the Retrieval Specialist team and handle payment from clients. This can be done in person or through holo-calls, official directives signed by a notary (or another authority), messenger imp, crystal-powered communication spells, smoke signal, blood sacrifice, or politely worded letters. Six private conference rooms can be found off the main wings of the Second Level, as well as a two rooms dedicated for Tome Translation and Minor Book Repairs, respectively. The cafe, once overrun by arcane-enhanced raccoons, is now fully functioning and provides the best selection of tea south of Blairville. Might I also recommend sampling the mille-feuille? Beneath Book|Ends lies the Basement Level. Closed off to the public and well protected by systems both mystical and technological, the Basement serves as a Storage Facility. This is also where enchanted texts and magical artifacts are brought for safe examination before they are placed on the Book|Ends Catalog. Copies of the Catalog are available at each Help Desk. Individual copies can be delivered to anyone on the Book|Ends Mailing List. If any customer wishes to examine an item housed within the Storage Facility, an associate will bring the requested object to one of the conference rooms upstairs for the customer to inspect in private. The Book|Ends staff would appreciate it if customers could refrain from summoning eldritch beings or becoming possessed by malicious spirits hellbent on earthly destruction. Every written word that passes through these doors is stored within the Book|Ends database. Although it is accessible to associates only, Book|Ends does accept requests for assistance with research for a negotiable fee. If one wishes to conduct their research alone, associates can pick through the database for the best reading materials pertaining to one’s quest for knowledge. All it takes is one simple question. NOTABLE EMPLOYEES Draug Rhavon Ioreth Rhavon Godric Uldwar CURRENT EVENTS As the event’s title suggests, Book|Ends is hosting a weekend long special that invites local craft breweries to sample their wares in store. Poets, authors, research analysts, and the rest of those odd folks keen on slapping words onto paper or other mediums have been granted the opportunity to sign copies of their work, provide readings and lectures, and have their pick at the free food offered in the courtyard. Anyone that spills their drinks will face such harsh censure that they may pray for a swift and merciful execution. Live musicians can also be found out in the courtyard. One can only hope that they manage to refrain from awakening the beast that slumbers at the bottom of the pond. Ioreth Rhavon, Head Retrieval Agent, named it Stephen. She likes to feed it grapes. REQUEST LOG To Be Announced FLYERS Want to advertise your own business, event, organization, or enterprising character? Shoot me a PM and we can showcase it here. (Contact @LastLight for all your blacksmith-y needs.)
  49. 1 point
    vielle

    Míra Andronov

    KNOWN INFORMATION Author’s Note: All the information in this profile are things that can be deduced either by looking at Míra, speaking with her, or reading the Daily Weekly: Business. This is not an all-inclusive profile. Alias: Dranamíra “Míra” Andronov Moniker: Crow, the Height: 5’11” Weight: 141 lbs Age: seemingly in her late 20’s Eye Color: Ashen brown Hair Color: Light blonde Skin Color: Fair Facial Hair: N/A Scars: None noticeable to an observer. Tattoo: A geometric snake around her left thigh. Style of Dress: Dark lacy dresses and sharply-cut business suits. Ornaments: Golden ring with an elaborate skull design. Three silver helix piercings and two silver-and-emerald orbital piercings on her right ear. Occupation: entrepreneur, handler, investor, wine connoisseur Holdings & Investments: I – The Navire, Casper, Terrenus H – L'Obsidienne, Last Chance, Terrenus [Owner] H – Datura Innoxia, Last Chance, Terrenus [Owner/Handler] H – Ópera tou Moirai, Blairville, Terrenus [Owner] H – Ópera ston Aéra, Coth, Terrenus [Owner] SUPERNATURAL DEALINGS As the headmistress of the Toxicant and its poison princesses, some believe that Míra’s proximity to blood’s bane has begun to transform her into something else entirely. The most notable of these strange changes is the fact that it has become impossible to recall any of her features once she has left a person’s line of sight. This “forgetfulness” is immediate. While individuals can recall their interaction with Míra in perfect clarity, it is the finer details such as her physical appearance, smell, or the sound of her voice that are affected. When viewing memories through magical or occult means (psionics included), Míra is viewed as a shroud of smoke with a distorted voice. SIGHTINGS & INTERACTIONS [Chronological] 1. ouverture de corbeau // Míra acquires her inheritance at the event of her parents' death and revitalizes her family's ailing opera house, renaming it Ópera tou Moirai. 2. the devil you know // Míra meets with a small council of like-minded individuals — a Chameleon and a Wolf — and accepts a gift and a business proposition from the Spider. 3. strangers in the night // Míra fraternizes with the guests of the Glasmann party in Hell's Gate, acquiring social connections brimming with potential. 4. such shaping fantasies // Míra sets a meeting with Walmart Pentium Amazon of the Silver Spoons concerning their partnership with Ópera ston Aéra.
  50. 1 point
    King

    Wanderlust

    “It’s close by,” Ashe replied nonchalantly, returning to the Chimera to gather more of its organs. “I’m surprised you haven’t done it before. Sure, it isn’t the nicest place, and it smells like a sick dragon’s arse, but witches are surprisingly well-off. I imagine it’s all those poor fools that come paying for poisons or love potions, or spells.” In a similarly uncouth manner as the first, the ranger tore another of the slain beast’s heart free. “I could use the extra money, and I’m sure you could to.” Talented though she was, there were still things Eleri didn’t know. This is a good opportunity to build some trust, Ashelewyn thought to himself as he looked his partner over. Show her that you’re interested in this partnership, in seeing her succeed. She’ll work harder, he reasoned. And she’ll be more favorable with you. Partnerships are about more than just working together. It’s about improving each other, being the best versions of yourselves. Looking up from the bleeding heart in his hand to the woman across from him, the ranger nodded. “I’ll store your portions for you this time,” he said without grief or judgment in his voice. “Just make sure to use some of the coin to get proper containers. I’ll show you what you need.” The elf’s thoughts turned to her distaste for the mire. “Also, you don’t have to come along with me to the mire. I’ll head out after we’ve made our way back to town. I’ll handle the exchange and make sure I fetch us a fair price.” Ashelewyn’s bright blue eyes narrowed knowingly. “But, you’ll have to take care of Rhaast while I’m away.” It was as fair a deal as she would ever find, and Ashelewyn was certain she’d take it. # Their return to town was met with revelry and praise, and a crowd of at least twenty folks eager to see the ranger’s trophy. From the ram, he took a horn; from the lion, a massive paw; and from the dragon, an eye, which had crystallized the moment it left the creature’s skull. They hooted and cheered, and talks of a celebration – all expenses paid for – circulated quickly. It wasn’t until some started snooping around another large satchel dangling from his saddle that Ashelewyn’s demeanor soured. “What’s in this one?” a man asked. “I bet it’s the brains,” another answered. “Yes,” the ranger replied. “Chimera brain soup is good for the mind. At any rate, as you’ll be having none of it, off with you.” Confused, but not willing to risk testing the patience of a man that had just killed a chimera, the two scampered off. The void of their presence was filled by Duncan, the town’s governor. He was a tall man, with broad shoulders, and muscled from a life spent on the farm. A real man of the people, Ashelewyn remembered some describing him, with more knowledge than he cared to put out. “You’ve done good work,” Duncan said gruffly. “Again.” “I’m not a fan of leaving messes,” Ashelewyn replied. “Plus, I had excellent help,” he continued, thumbing over his shoulder at Eleri. “So, it wasn’t as difficult as it might have been.” Duncan turned his attention to Eleri and nodded. “Thank you kindly, ma’am.” “Is there any chance I might be able to use your stable for the night?” Ashelewyn gestured at the satchels strapped to his horse. “I’ve got some other valuables here and, while I don’t mean any offense, I’m not of the mind to leave them in public view.” Duncan nodded. “Nothing wrong with a man looking after what’s his. You’re more than welcome to.” Ashelewyn nodded. “I’ll see you later tonight, then?” “At the celebration.” The ranger set his horse into a light trot toward the farmer’s abode, waiting until both he and his partner were out of earshot. “I’ll stay with Rhaast tonight,” he explained. “You should go and enjoy the celebration. Make sure to drink enough for the both of us, yeah?”
×
×
  • Create New...