Sign in to follow this  
supernal

Hanging an innocent man

[box]An innocent man is about to be hanged.[/box]

The man, Octavius Xander Lyre, alleges that he has been framed for killing his own father after the two of them were spotted in the woods together. One witness, a woodsman out felling wood for the coming winter, spotted first the father and then, about seven minutes later, the son walking the same path and carrying something that protruded from his pocket.

A second witness, a girl around the same area picking berries for a pie for her mother, saw the son raise his hand against his father as if to strike him after a few moments of heated verbal interchange. The witness, young and impressionable and unaccustomed to such strong words and potential shows of violence, retreated shortly thereafter.

Octavius, young and brooding and noble, can offer no money in return for services but is clearly desperate to save his life or, at the very least, to clear his name of such ignominy. He does say that for the one that saves his life, he will offer something worth the effort. On this he gives his heavy word.

Below is a picture of Octavius Xander Lyre for identification purposes, taken upon his matriculation into Last Chance's singular, shoddy, and undoubtedly corrupt prison. The bars and the walls are strong in this prison; the accommodations, a bed of straw, and availability to tend to one's personal hygiene are sparse and subpar.

[right][img]http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/262/octavius.jpg[/img]

(Octavius, in his most pensive mood yet, which is really saying something.)[/right]

Octavius's side of the story is simple.

After having returned a journeyman from a long trip as an apprentice merchant, ready to begin a fledgling business in the walls of Last Chance, Octavius was on his way to a specific tree in a specific patch of forest to north-east of town. Here Octavius and the love of his life, a common prostitute by the name of Annabelle, often communicated with one another by leaving notes or symbolic messages for each other. Octavius was on his way to see if Annabelle had left him anything in his time away and was not even aware that his father was ahead of him (as the woodsman remarked).

His father, Marcus, has a slightly lame leg from the war that defiled their family's honor, not due to the father's direction action (of this point Octavius is insistent), and so it was only a matter of time before Octavius found Marcus. Marcus has always had a violent temper since the war and the loss of full functionality to his leg and before long they were arguing (Octavius does not say about what). Octavius leaves.

Not more than ten yards later he claims to have heard his father give out a familiar cry used when hunting (Octavius imitates the sound, 'CU-WEE'), prompting Octavius to rush to his father's side. He finds him on the ground, dying even as he rushes up to take him in his arms (which explains the blood on his sleeve). His father whispers something or other about a rat, which Octavius could not make out at the time, and then dies.

Thus the current predicament.

[offtopic]At most I will be NPCing Octavius, for clues and the like and definitely at the end to hand out the reward. Other than that I leave everything else in the hands of the player or the designated GM.[/offtopic] Edited by supernal

[JUSTIFY][FONT="Arial"][indent][box][img]http://i53.tinypic.com/6eg1mx.png[/img] [b][U]Theophilus Harley[/U][/box][/b] [list]Last Chance has the stability of a raft floating aimlessly at sea. It's presence is comforting in that there is foundation; established civic customs and social norms paint an image of municipality that could comfortably rival any other ragtag town across Terrenus. But in reality that's all it is, an image inadequately duplicated from existing systems by a corrupt bureaucrat who sees nothing beyond the scope of selfish hedonism. Any citizen with open eyes can see the corruption that is woven into everyday experience in Last Chance, still the "strong" tame the meager with numbers and thus "order" is preserved.

[i]A crock,[/i] I thought to myself while striding down the "market district"'s stone walk. Each step forward produced a splash whose sound was immediately incorporated into the dissonant rainfall. Despite the downpour business continued as usual so the commotion most common to the area was still pervasive; merchants sold, criers cried, and lushes drank amid all that was incorrect, however it was one particular call that caught my attention throughout all of it. I could only make out [i]innocent[/i] and [i]to be hanged[/i] but that was enough to warrant my facing about in order to eavesdrop.

From what I could see the conversation was between a merchant and his patron, of which the latter of the two seemed visibly troubled by the news. Their words got noticeably clearer as I traced back in their direction.[/list]

[legend=Conversation][RIGHT][i]"And he's going to be hanged without any defense on his behalf?!"[/i]

[color=#417394]"From what I've been told it appears so."[/color]

[i]"That could be any one of us! When is anyone ever going to [b]do[/b] something about this kind of stuff?"[/i]

[color=#417394]"I dunno. Evidence is toppled pretty high against him, not that it ever mattered in the first place.[/color]

[i]"That's exactly what I'm talking about!"[/i]

[color=#417394]"Hey keep it dow-- look lady, are you gonna buy somethin' or what?!"[/color][/RIGHT][/legend]

[list]She didn't speak another word. Instead her eyes broadened to form an expression that could only be likened to a lighting bolt, all that was missing was a roar of thunder. She wasted no time booking away from his stand, after which she became indiscernible within the multiple crowds of people.

If I wanted to dig deeper, I had to talk to him. Great.[/list][/indent][/FONT][/JUSTIFY] Edited by anotsu

There are many taverns in Last Chance. Sometimes it feels as though every resident actually runs their on inn/tavern. In either case Stygma was only walking into one of them tonight. This time it was called The Wanderer's Whim. It was a small forgettable place on the corner of a forgettable street. That is exactly why he was coming here. Only those who are trying to forget something or escape from someone came to this tavern. Only someone like Stygma, who wants nothing more than to drink until his problems disappear, either by death or permanent brain damage, stopped at such a place.

He took a seat in one of the corners, somewhere he could view everything that transpired, just as he was trained to do since he was a child. He ordered a drink and began to tune out all the distractions around him, though he never once stopped paying attention. He was just about to call the bartender for another round when he heard the panicked whispers of a man behind him.

"I'm telling you something has to change. I know this is Last Chance but that doesn't mean we don't deserve fair judgment when we are accused of a crime!". The man spoke at a level that suggested he did not want to be heard, but all the same he was clearly cracking under some emotional stress, "I mean, I have never been close to Octavius, but he never seemed to be the kind of man to kill anyone, never mind his father. Something has to be done to show them we will not just lay down and let them walk all over us. Don't you believe that some level of justice must be served?"

It appeared as though the man was finished making his point. It was the other man's turn now, "So I'm supposed to risk my neck, my future, my FAMILY, just to save this one man. If this is the work of corrupt officials than I would like to be as far from their bad side as can be..." Stygma let the rest fade away into the background. He was focused on one thing now. The reason he came to this place was to escape the life he once lead, to make amends for the transgressions of his past. He had already decided he would commit his life and his talents to preserving that which he considered to be "good". It appears as though, true to its name, Last Chance had provided him with the opportunity he has been waiting for since leaving his home. It was time for Stygma to begin his fight for justice, and it begins with this man, this...Octavius.

It was time to learn more about the goings on of Last Chance. It was time to pay for his sins. He quickly finished his beer, stood up, and began walking over to the table...

Let me know if this quest is on-going or if it's stalled out completely so that I can update the status in the main quest thread. I'll delete this OOC post when I hear something.

----

The quest with the above players stalled out completely. A new challenger appears, and decided to continue from this point rather than reboot the quest. Thread as follows is below.

As special note, the role of Octavius will be played by one or more storytellers. Edited by supernal

It had taken longer than he thought to arrive at Last Chance, being back in Terrenus brought back some fond memories of his last visit. The air and the colors were much different than that of his homeland in Genesaris, even the people were noticeably different. A dark sky had formed over head, clouding the sun from shining its warmth down onto this city and threatening all of those underneath its wrath with an onslaught of rain. Hopefully, and with some luck, things would hold off.

He, most commonly known as The White Wall Dravish, or Lord Dravish, had only stopped here in spite of a rumor that was whispered among those he knew. Last Chance was a hot topic back at home, the pitfall and most vial place in all of Terrenus. Though his true destination was not Last Chance, Dravish wouldn't consider it far out of his way either considering the circumstances. Pending the situation of the city itself, staying here a week until he was ready to move on wasn't out of the question. Dravish was not afraid, nor cared.

Black robes, mixed with blood red thread, covered his strong figure. A silver hilt protruded from his left side while the rest of the blade remained concealed in the fabric of his clothing. The robes themselves, native to the Bloodmage Mountains far from here, in which he acquired on his last journey with the very shield that remained covered and resting on his back. White hair danced in the breeze as it tugged away from him, normally shoulder length. His baby blue eyes scanned the area around him, taking in the city streets and citizens to become adjusted with the norm.

Being already inside Last Chance, Dravish found himself staring at Paotr's Wishing Well. The stone well, topped with an umbrella and sign that read: [I]"Throw a silver piece and get one wish, but be careful what you ask of the world. One wish per customer."[/I] A small chuckle remained hidden, the well was overflowing with its natural water but remained without silver. He wondered how many sad souls tossed some silver into the well to get a wish, hoping for their wish to be answered, only to have their silver stolen as soon as they left. A wish being granted through silver was a silly notion as it was, regardless if one believed in 'wishes' or not.

The business that Dravish had here was to do what he does best, save lives. He had heard of Octavius being wrongly accused. The information he had received was too far and apart to draw any real conclusion to the man's innocence, however, Octavius seemed to be the news around here. There was only so many ways to handle this situation realistically, which he weighed all of his options - good and bad. Though the city had militia and police forces, he was certain that he was capable of breaking a single man out of a cell and out of the city. Though that would only bring a negative light on the situation and possibly prove the mans guilt. Dravish would have to clear the mans name and restore his honor, though that task would be most difficult and easier said then done.

A soft sigh escaped his lips as he wondered why he always does this to himself. He could go to the Mayor, a proclaimed whore of the city under the name of Glinda Double, but his political skills were not refined and felt such an attempt would be futile here anyway. This city was corrupt, broken from the ground up, and Dravish would have to do this with ease in order to keep the attention off of him. As he stood there, a droplet of water came rushing down his face. Within seconds the water would come rushing down... perfect. No better chance to start then now. Dravish would step away from the well and continue down the streets until he could find his way to the prison where he assumed Octavius was held.

Sitting just outside the prison Cypher waited what for? Well it was hard to tell really, but she had heard the news of some man being accused of murdering his father. Having been wrongly accused of a crime before in her past she knew how difficult it would be to prove otherwise, even from inside a cell that kept one from never finding that proof.

Nearly losing her hand for payment of a crime she didn't commit, she felt the need to help someone like herself. Not sure how to help Octavius with him stuck in the cell, she waited for someone who would stand up for the man. What could an assassin possibly do to help? A thought she felt herself rolling over many times, but if she could put some of her acquired skills to work maybe?

It was like an endless debate inside her mind while she sat outside the prison, her grey eyes staring forward at nothing in particular. One thing was for sure she had to visit the site where his father was found slayed, to find any possible sign of someone else.

Looking up to the sky breaking lose, the clouds dropped all the rain it had been threatening to let out. Shaking her head to this sudden change in weather, she moved to stand within the doors of the prison.

It was a fitting name for such a place; Last Chance was the very thing this Octavius character had. The youth had wandered into the city by mere chance as well, almost ironic, but nevertheless he heard the stories spreading through the city like wild fire. Everyone had an opinion on the subject, but no one was doing anything about it. Most claimed the man to be as guilty as they come while a few swore up and down it was the government and all of this was just a cover up to a larger scaled issue. Kou was a simple man, he figured it was either one of two things. The man either killed his own father or he didn't. That was all that really mattered to him. Through the own grape vine of opinions, the youth heard that the man was asking for assistance in proving his innocents. Normally, Kou wouldn't have minded doing it given the chance of some type of fighting, but there would be no pay in doing this deed now. Only the promise of some reward unknown to anyone.

"I've done dumber things for less rewards."

Kou was beginning to change his own outlook on things anyways. Maybe this job would be the very thing that changed him from the selfish little brat that he was to a real man. It was becoming painfully obvious that even if he was a skilled fighter, even gaining some lore within the claim through the ACT tournament a in the last year, but none of that mattered to anyone if all he did was fight for himself. He had always been told that it was always easy to find a fight if he looked hard enough, but it was hard to find something worth fighting for. He knew this wasn't that thing, but it was a start to find it, maybe? At the end of the day, the reasons behind him doing it was not even important. All that mattered was to shut all these people up about this man, whether he is innocent or guilty, Kou just wanted them to stop talking about it.

By the time he made it to the prison to 'question' the man, it started to rain and he noticed another fleeing into the prison as well. Could they be on the same mission as him? Or maybe they were there to kill the man, assuming some of the rumors was true!! Never being the type to assume, Kou just wandered into the prison himself until he caught up to the girl. Would he have to strike her down with his dual blades? Or even use his other talents if things got messy? There was only one way to find out. The youth simply shut the door behind him, doing it loud enough for the other to stop and turn to see what was going on.

"Whoops. The wind must be picking up from the coming storm. Are you here for personal reasons or business?"

Little did he know that she wasn't the only one coming. If he had, he might have moved away from the door behind him.

The rain was comforting, though odd that one would find comfort in being soaked to the bone, Dravish really didn't mind as the rain slide down his his brow and off his chin to the ground bellow. Though the storm presented a calm within his own mind and body, he simply couldn't stay in this mess all day. His eyes fluttered around and carried down the streets until both orbs locked onto the prison. Upon first thought of the prison, it seemed weak and almost fragile as it stood isolated from the surrounding buildings. There was no prison guards standing outside to keep watch, perhaps they were all inside?

It only took him seconds to advance to the prison door and open it, stepping inside to get out of the rain. Without the rain pounding on his figure, he just realized he felt almost like a wet dog. Rough. The brief thought of that distracted him from the already filled room. It appeared that there were two others already here in the main office of the prison, and slightly behind them stood two bodies that Dravish assumed to be guards. With all this calamity and unexpected interruptions, the guards simply stood there.

"Well looky here, its a circus today." The first guard spoke to the other, intentionally speaking loud enough to offend the new comers. "And what kind of business do you bloody apes have in our prison?" The words spoke freely without a filter, nonchalantly with great ease. Both guards were goofy looking, and Dravish could tell in their mannerisms that it would be safe to say that they were also corrupt.

Dravish only looked over the other two who stood in the room, being as he just got here, he would hold off to here the answers the others gave. Were there others who were attempting the same thing? He didn't expect to see such a gathering of 'noble minded' people in Last Chance. Dravish kept to himself keeping an eye on the female and man who arrived slightly before him, wiping off his own face as he waited to make his move.

The slamming of the door a few moments after entering caught her attention, pausing in her step forward turning to look back at the man who just enter after her. His words caught her with a question, was it business or personal? Taking a moment to think about her answer to his question, she just smiled. "Both.." Business it was helping this Octavius find his innocence, also personal with the reason of herself having once been wrongly accused of a crime.

Before much more could be said another man entered the prison after them, giving the guards much more to do within. A rude comment came from one of the two guards before her, making Cypher turn her attention back to the corrupt guards before her. Without thinking of giving the other two a chance to answer, she just made her purpose known to all of them. "I am here to speak with Octavius.." Nothing more to be said, many knew why people like herself would speak with him. Some had reason just to get the reward for proving his innocence, but others actually had to help another out of the goodness of their hearts.

Reaching up with a gloved hand to pull some wet strands of hair from her face, she would let her grey eyes rest on the two neanderthals for guards. Waiting to hear what the other's reasons for being in the prison was, though in all honesty it really was none of her business. Bringing her hands to rest at her lower back with a sort of at rest stance, patience was all she had for the two who could deny or allow her to speak with the wrongly accused.

Glancing back at the other two, she just presented them with a smile. Her eyes looked passed them towards the door almost expecting others to enter, though it wouldn't be too surprising for some of the scum of Last Chance to show up just to try and get some sort of profit from the man inside the cell.

The once silent prison was really jumping with people as they all tried to escape the rain and most had reasons for being in here. The guards obviously worked here, the girl seemed to be connected with the man known as Octavius, and with a quick turn of his head, Kou took note of the other and wondered if he was the same. His appearance screamed some type of knightly figure, so Kou figured he was either here to help Octavius or stop the people who obviously was going to try and help him. The girl gave off the vibe of a more dark seeded reason; she wasn't going to be of any threat to him, but that didn't mean he wouldn't keep an eye on her. This moment was just a few seconds, but it felt like an eternity as he plotted everything within his mind. If there was one crystal clear thing, it was that the guards wouldn't be a problem at all. Not because they weren't corrupt, oh he could smell the blood on their hands from where he was standing, but the fact that they were nothing more than pawns in the grand of things.

"I'm here for the prisoner."

It was just like Kou to come out and say his intentions. The mood in the room quickly changed, but it wasn't like he was going to charge in and cut the two poor fellows down. While he liked the thrill of battle, the youth held a bit of honor in it. He tended to refuse to fight someone unless they proved to be worthy of fighting. If it was some common thug dressed in guards attire, there would be no worth in doing anything to them unless they chose to end their own lives through his sword. Before things become hostile, the youth did something almost out of the blue. It was planned, of course, and if he was right in his guessing, it would work out in the end. He didn't assume it, but this was the best way to see just where everyone stood on the matter of the prisoner. Obviously the guards tensed up, wondering what he meant, but the reactions of the girl and the knight would be key.

"And this is my bodyguard."

A lie, of course, but he didn't mess a beat. The youth pointed to the man behind him and pointed his finger at the two guards.

"Didn't you get the orders? I'm here to collect the man to be taken to the Temple of Gaia to be blessed before he is hanged. While he may be a murdering bastard, he has his rights to a last prayer."

Sometimes it was better to fight people with words rather than swords. Kou had come here with a plan, but obviously a change in the plans was needed and he quickly thought of a different plan on a whim. While he may come off as nothing more than a brat wanting to fight, the youth was rather bright when he needed to be. With all the training to pay attention in battle, he had picked up a rather useful habit of picking up things in the real world as well. Also being a pretty sweet charmer didn't hurt matters. It was either going to work out perfectly where the guards willing gave them the man or they might be smarter than they looked and questioned the order.

It didn't matter which happened, but Kou was trying to keep things as simple as possible. Hopefully the guards helped him with the efforts of playing the roles of being stupid.

The guards stood there in their leather scrapped guard attire waiting for these intruders to answer their questions. These answers would have to be good or else it would be in half their interest to turn away now. As the first answer came forth from the female, the guards looked at each other for a moment before laughing. She wanted to speak with Octavius? What a joke, why would anyone want to speak with a common murderer? The guards laughed, rudely at that in her face for only moments before hearing the next answer come forth.

[I]"I'm here for the prisoner."[/I]

A shift in attention came quickly, quickly so that even Dravish noticed the change in the guards posture and attitude. Perhaps it was the phrasing, making it sound more a demand then request. However, before either had a chance to speak in response to what have could been a mistake, the man spoke again while putting Dravish on the spot. Though Dravish was put on the spot, he was quick with a firm nod in he direction of the guards. It looked like they were all here for the same reason, and it might prove easier to just work together. Hopefully with a flawless performance, this task will become slightly easier.

The guards mumbled back and forth, turning shoulder to stay out of ear shot, discussing these 'orders' that they were suppose to receive. Truth be told, they rarely received official orders, let alone instructions on their actual job. With the slight chance that such an order was given, they would not want to screw this up. If word got to the Mayor, she would have their heads. With both guards now turning back to them, the single guard, same as prior, would speak again.

"And who might you be?" They questioned at Kou with curiosity while keeping an eye on Dravish who was claimed to be the body guard. Whatever answer was given, they really didn't care. Another motive and agenda was behind it all. If someone wanted a prisoner, it was easy. "Well, I'll tell you what. Without the boss we can't just hand over anyone... not without a price anyway." The guard spoke with a wicked grin that nearly reached his ear on one side.

Dravish kept a keen eye on things, the female who was here for the same reason wouldn't be forgotten as she stood their adjusting herself. Though his curiosity was fixed on the fast thinking Kou. If this plan worked, things would be great. If this plan didn't work, it would only cause trouble for everyone. Though he would help for the time being, Dravish would be sure to keep his distance as best as possible. Ever since he got here in Last Chance, something was bothering him that was far beyond this situation. Something was off, but he would do away with it until he could deal with the here and now.

The man behind him seemed willing to play the part to near perfection, which only meant that he wasn't going to be any trouble for the time being. If things turned sour later, Kou would just deal with it when the time came, but for the moment, his job at acting was still on the table. The two guards seemed to talk among themselves for a few seconds before coming to an agreement. Naturally, their true natures showed up as soon as they opened their mouths again. If this was any other time, Kou might have even lifted his rule of not fighting people like this just on the fact that these guys showed him no respect at all. They had the nerve to question him? Did they think he was a liar? He was, but they didn't know that!

[i]"And who might you be?"[/i]

"I thought it was obvious, but I guess they don't teach common guards how to use their brains. I am from the Temple, obviously, and we at the Temple have heard the rumors of this murder even from the local people. It was a request that we come and allow the man one final prayer for his soul before he gets what's coming to him. Have you not heard of such things before? It is a common order made throughout the cities of Terrenus."

The guards once again showed no respect and even more his colors when he spoke.

[i]"Well, I'll tell you what. Without the boss we can't just hand over anyone... not without a price anyway."[/i]

Kou chuckled a little.

"I see. Well I don't have any coin on me, but I'm sure if my bodyguard goes to fetch the local Mayor of Last Chance, they would be more than willing to give you what you seek. I just pray the rain has stopped or else I can't promise their actions after the [b]payment[/b] you require."

Truth be told, Kou actually had no idea who the Mayor was or anything about Last Chance at all, but there was always one thing he could count on. The guards were nothing more than pawns. Even if they were corrupt, they still knew their place in the world. With a simple threat to get their 'boss', Kou figured the guards would quickly sing a different tune and give up the man with little resistance. Of course, this could back fire on a number of accounts, but once again Kou would just deal with things as they come. A plan was never going to happen without changes; Kou was just willing to do anything in order to get the job done. The youth simply smiled and waited for an answer.

When the young man who entered right after her spoke up, she took a step back from the guards. The rude laughter that came after her brief answer wasn't much of a surprise to her, but it took a lot in her to keep her knowledge of pressure points to herself. Dampening the urge to lock up the main vein to their hearts, she just kept her head high when turning to move behind Kou.

A plan was obviously being put to work here, and she knew just as well that no such order would have been given. The guards were utterly stupid, even more so they let their corruption leak when asking for a price to let the prisoner out to him for he is called last prayer.

"Forget sending your body guard I know where she resides, but I am sure she doesn't want to be bothered with something as so low as following orders that were given.."

Cypher looked past Kou to the guards waiting for an itch of second thought, who would honestly bother the Mayor with such a small issue? It would be wrong to bring her here, and to imagine the anger that would spark in her. Silently praying this mans plan would work, she knew they all seemed to have a common goal to make here.

Turning towards the door of the prison Cypher began her leave out the door to get the Mayor, or that is what the guards would think as she turned her back to them. Walking past the other gentleman, she would give him a wink. Reaching the door of the prison she would begin to reach for the wood ready to push the doors open.

"Hold up hold up! Will ya? You guys are really starting to piss us off ya know?" The guard sputtered out rather quickly before the woman headed for the door handle. A brief pause was given as the guard stood there in thought trying how to resolve this situation. The words of Kou didn't go unnoticed as he was panicked. "We all know that if you get the boss you'll be in as much a fickle as us. Hand over some coin and we'll settle this like professionals." The guard spoke quickly as if he was staying on his toes, yet, a bead of water would run down his eyebrow as it seemed to only get hotter in the room.

Dravish released a soft sigh. It seemed that there was no other way. The guards were too stupid to call a bluff, and probably didn't even realize that this trio was on its last set of tricks. If they would have held out just a little longer, or did their actual job, this would have gone south quickly. Dravish stepped forth, passing the woman who stood beside him near the door. As he would pass Kou he would reach his right hand into his black robes. Fingers would dance within clashing inside a bag to pull forth a reveal several pieces of silver, the rest would remain in the hidden bag.

He stopped only feet in front of the guards, standing only at an angle with his right arm extended. The silver coins rested between his pointer and index finger, stacked perfectly. The guards eyes widened as his hands opened up. Four coins dropped into the guard's hand. [B]"Two for each of you."[/B] Dravish spoke calmly and softly, knowing that the four pieces should be more than enough. It was probably safe to assume that they got paid little to nothing, this was just a bonus to spend on drinks after work, or gamble. The guard split the new earnings and looked at Dravish and the others once more, rather satisfied this time.

After the coin was split, the guards would split also revealing the door behind them. "Go ahead folks. There's guards pass this door watching the cells but they shouldn't bother you. Find your man and get out of here." The man spoke, truth be told, they would need to get a guard to open the cell door once they find him. That would prove to be another fun task pending which guard they spoke to.

Dravish looked behind him at the others and nodded. Continuing forward, he would push open the door into the main jail housing unit. 'Housing', if that's what you wanted to call it, as they were nothing more than cells no more fitting for a corps. Dravish held the door open as he would allow the others to venture in, allowing both the male and female to enter. They both helped after all, it was only fair. Dravish didn't care if he was the one to liberate this man, he just wanted to seek justice. If this man was guilty of such a crime, Dravish would be no less likely to provide the punishment himself. He needed answers, and hopefully those answers would be inside.

The guards didn't catch on to the trick, but it was obvious it was about to blow up anyways out of the fact that this Mayor personal wasn't something anyone wanted to deal with. Before things got that far, the supposed 'bodyguard' reached into his pockets and provided the coins. While it wasn't the ideal thing to do, paying off the stupid guards, it did help get them through the doors. Kou just nodded to the man and moved further into the prison. As he passed the guards, he gave them the coldest stare that would send a shiver up any mans spine. If things got crazy inside this prison, they would be on his list to take out even if it put him in more trouble than it was worth.

"Blessings to you."

He still had to play the part of the holy man, so of course he did it without error. The youth just moved into the prison and waited the female to move inside before he would shut the doors behind them. He didn't know if he could restrain himself again if they had to do something else like that; he could only put up the goodie front forever. At some point, he would slip up and show his bad sides, but hopefully that was after they got this guy out of jail. Once they had him out of here, all of the answers they needed would shown to them.

Or they would only find more corruption around the corner.
What was Kou getting himself into?