Sign in to follow this  

Weland Marketplace

Melon Boshi sat quietly at the fountain by the market place. Her figure was balanced. Sitting nicely at the fountain as the sun shined down through the pristine flowing water of the fountain. The specks of light from the water reflected on the side of her face. The motion of the light almost mesmerizing. Boshi flipped to the next page of her book. Her eyes seemed glued to it. Nothing can distract her. Except maybe...

"BOSHI-CHAN!!!!"

Kin Mil a young looking girl about 8 tackles her lower torso hugging her. She was dressed in a traditional kimono from the Japanese era. She had cute little pigtails and she was a energetic and happy little girl.

"Boshi-chan! Play with me! Let's go Shopping! Boshi-chan!!!!"

Kin continued to tug on the older girls dress. Boshi had almost fallen into the fountain when Kin tackled her. Though the rim of her dress wasn't so lucky. It had fallen slightly into the fountain and now the side of her dress was soaked.

"Kin! look what you did!"

Boshi raised the soaked white dress to show Kin. She didn't seem to happy but she patted Kin's head. Boshi had set down her leather bounded book by the fountain and stood up. Kin stepped back. Boshi started to ring her dress out over the prestine water fountain that still reflected sunlight. It seemed to dance in small movements of waves. Boshi smiled at this. She looked at her dress and sighed heavily at the small detailed wrinkles that now clearly shown on the edge of her dress.

"Gomenasai Boshi-chan!"

Kin looked very upset as she sported the sheath with her katana in it. The sheath dragged on the ground. It was extremely to big for her petite shape. Though she seems to walk around it fine. Kin watched Boshi dry out her dress. On Boshi's back was her Bow that shown a nice Maroon color that matched the belt of her dress. Her Daggers were hidden under her dress in Thigh Sheaths.  Boshi looked down at Kin. She smiled.

"It's ok Kin...just becareful next time ok?"

Kin nodded.

"Alright then let's go shopping shall we?"

Boshi held out her hand and Kin took it. They walked into the Marketplace and started to browse around for any good sells. But Boshi left her leather bound book sitting by the fountain.

Tiernan Giran walked through the market place, smiling wide as he watched all of the different people shopping and selling different things.? He loved to see happy faces, and loved even more to see happy children at play.? He chuckled a bit as he walked toward fountain down the way.? He smiled looking into its pristine waters, their reflective surface catching the sun's rays in a beautiful display of colors.? The elf then sat down musing to himself as he hummed a little tune, just happy to be there in such beautiful weather.?

"This is such a waste of time elf," a voice Tiernan had come to know, and at times despise chimed out from behind him.? Tiernan stopped humming didn't bother to turn back and reply to the voice as he sat there on the edge of the fountain.? "We should be somewhere else, somewhere more exciting!" the voice went on, its annoyed tone starting to irritate the elf.?

"Nitrozz, is it really that bad to just sit around and relax?" Tiernan finally asked, deciding to finally talk.? His sword, Nitrozz, was easily irritated by just about everything, especially when it wasn't being put to use or making mischief.?

""Of course it is! Do you have any idea how long I sat around and did nothing while trapped in that damn cave!?" the sword exclaimed to Tiernan, who shrugged as he sat down on the edge of the fountain.? The sword was strapped firmly to the elf's back, and could no more move on its own than be heard by anyone else in the area.?

"No, I can't imagine," Tier finally answered as he looked around, noticing a leather book.? "Hm? what's this?" he asked to no one in particular, picking up the book and looking it over.? He opened it up and flipped through the pages, examining it for some kind of clue as to who its owner could be.?

"Who cares!? Throw into the fountain and let's be done with this blasted town!" Nitrozz yelled indignantly as he sat there, strapped to Tiernan's back helplessly.? It seemed agitated more so than usual.?

"You're just mad there isn't enough magic here for you to be able to talk to other people without touching them," Tiernan noted as he continued perusing the book.? With a shrug of his shoulders he put the book into the bag slung over his shoulder for safe keeping.? "I'll ask around to see if anyone lost a good book," he thought aloud as he stood up and looked around, wondering where the owner of the book might have gone.

Boshi held Kin's hand tightly. She didn't want to loose the girl in the busy market place like this. Reason why she's always in a quiet area. So she can't loose the adorable yet deadly girl that now walks by her side. Their height didn't help them much as they weaved through the crowd. Everyone there seemed so much taller then both of them. Boshi's eyes scanned around for openings as they walked. Trying to avoid people from knocking into them.

"mmm Kin I don't even know why you dragged me into this. It's so busy I could loose you if you let go....."

Boshi had been walking about next to her letting Boshi-chan grab her petite hand tightly. Kin had ignored the older girls reply to her. Kin was entranced at all the people that wore different clothing then her. She wasn't really the type for the modern style. Boshi had noticed this when they entered the city. Kin seemed to be more hyper than usual.

"Boshi-chan! Look at all the weird clothes they wear Boshi-chan!!!"

"Kin! That's rude be quiet...."

Boshi had stopped, kneeling down to cover Kin's mouth. Boshi sighed heavily looking at the young girls eyes. Kin seemed so lively unlike her. Her cute figure bouncing around like a little bunny looking for flowers to play in. Kin was the perfect little angel. Though her long Katana ruined that image of her. Boshi stared at the hilt of the Katana at Kin's side.

The delicate four squares placed artistically in reds and yellows on the edge of the hilt with a tassel hanging from it. Boshi never knew where Kin got the katana. When she first found her she had it. Kin stared back at Boshi. She blinked confusingly at her mesmerized look.

"Boshi-chan! Are you ok?"

Boshi smiled at her looking back at her eyes. " Yes I'm fine Kin....now let's look around some more..." She stood back up at started to take the little girl with her to a stall. Kin loved Boshi so much. She clung to Boshi's hand in a loving mood.

Boshi had lead them to a book stall. "I do need a new case for my book....." Then she realized. "My book! Kin we have to go back! I left my book by the water fountain!" Boshi had looked down at the little girl's big eyes. Kin nods and they started weaving through the crowd swiftly and smoothly. The clanking of the sheath being dragged on the ground sounded almost omnious to the people around them.

"I thought you were looking for the owner of that blasted book!" Nitrozz yelled out, seething as Tiernan was playing jump rope with a couple of kids by that fountain.?

"I was, but then these little guys asked me to help them out," Nitrozz explained, not particularly interested in what the sword had to say.? He was holding the rope and twirling it around as the children jumped in and out.? There were about six of them, and each was enjoying themselves thanks to the elf.? Tier smiled wide, just watching them play on as he continued twirling the rope.?

"Besides, if anything I figure the owner of the book will come back to the fountain," he explained letting out a laugh and gave a high five to one of the children as they continued on.? "I mean we've got more of a chance of finding them this way than if I actually looked around for them."

"DAMNIT ELF! You barely went ten feet before you were distracted by these snot nosed bastard children!" the sword continued to seethe as it berated Tiernan for "wasting" his time, by playing with the children out there in the street.?

"Stop playing with these kids now!? I want to be out of this damn city!? There is nothing here for us so let's just leave!" it continued to complain and berate Tier, who simply ignored him while continuing play with the small children.? At this the sword grew even more agitated, fully aware of the fact that Tiernan was completely ignoring it as he usually did on such occasions where they disagreed on recreational activities.?

"Nope, I think I'll stay here, play with these kids, and maybe get this book back to its proper owner who probably misses it dearly," Tiernan went on to say as the children laugh out happily, thoroughly enjoying the game.? Two of them grabbed his hand as they stopped playing jump rope, obviously they wanted to play a new game.? "Alright, alright, what game do you guys want to play now?" the elf asked, kneeling down to be eye level with the other children, turning to each of them and giving out a warm smile to all six of them.?

"We wanna play tag!" they chorused together as they all giggled, one of them coming up to him and pushing him lightly.? "TAG your it!"

Tiernan simply laughed as he gave a mock roar and chased after them, each child spreading out and running around the fountain.? They all stuck their tongue out, playfully egging Tiernan on to come chase them.?

"RAAAR, I'm gonna get you!" Tiernan laughed, giving chase in a playful run.? Nitrozz on the other hand gave a roar of absolute frustration, wanting nothing more than to seek its blade into any one of the small children.? Tier's smile only widened as he chased the kids around the fountain, enjoying the swords plight and annoyance.

Boshi and Kin walked to the area where her book was. Boshi walk towards the place she had sat at. "Kin I can't find it where could it be?" She said as she started to look into the fountain.

Kin had started to run around with the other kids. "What cha guys playing?"

"Tag! We're running from that guy!" One of them pointed at the elf. Kin just smiled and ran around dragging the clanking sheath.

"Yay! Tag! I can never get Boshi-chan to play tag with me!"

Kin ran from the elf as she jumped around like a ninja teasing him. She jumped so gracefully. Like a cute little miniature shinobi. Boshi continued to look for her missing leather bound book. The water sparkled once again on her face.

Kin continued running around giggling. She jumped on the statue of the water fountain. She had notice something. Kin watched the Elf. She sensed his sword.

"hm? You talking to me swordy?" She said tilting her head slightly. 

"You can hear me ya snot nosed brat!?" Nitrozz called out surprised as it sensed Kin.? All the while Tiernan playfully caught one of the kids nearby tickling the little guy before letting him go and slowly dashing to the side.?

"Tag, you're it!" Tiernan had explained as he continued to dodge for a bit, leaping onto the fountain sides and noting Boshin with a sideways glance.? His look turned from joyful exuberance to curious inquisitiveness as he stared at her for a moment, having barely caught what she had said earlier.?

"Just lovely, the only other person who can hear me in this gods forsaken town is some prepubescent bitch!" Nitrozz complained as it continued to fume at this imagined outrage.? Tiernan continued to ignore his sword as he dug through his pack a bit, keeping an eye out on the little ones still playing tag.?

"Hey, would you happen to be the owner of this book you lady?" he asked Boshi as he pulled her book out of his back, dusting it off as he did so.? He extended his hand out, still holding the book, broad and warm smile painted across his face as he extended forward.?

"I hope you didn't miss it too long," he added as he stood there.?

"FINALLY!? Now let's get out of this rathole and do something interesting, the little shits are getting on my nerves!" Nitrozz growled toward Tiernan as it believed they would finally leave this town.?

Tiernan ignored Nitrozz for a bit longer, just about fed up with the sword's attitude as of late.

The Siren did not remember... anything.

Waves lapped at the toes of the thing which had washed into shore; a being unlike any seen to the grace of land before. Suddenly, it was awake, a low groan festering within the vocal chords of the creature, before forcing its way through parted lips - a soft sound, soon carried away by the wind. Fingertips clutched raw sand, eyes laced with vestiges of violet flitting open to the stinging light of day. Celestine winced, before hiding his face from the harsh reality of the shoreline. His mind was blank, consumed with the here and the now; a place he did not remember. A place, he too, would never forget.

--

Two days had passed since his arrival in this place, above the surface of the sea - far from where a Siren ought to be. Two days since Celestine had forgotten everything he had grown to love, though of course he would not remember such. Amnesia haunted the remnants of his currently shallow mind; antithesis to the depth which had once inhabited the space between his ears. Two things consumed the Siren: acquiring food and drink. After that, he would focus on other things. The only problem? Celestine had no money whatsoever. He would starve to death, and already his stomach growled with resentment at the lack of attention paid to its desperate needs. And so, he wandered into the bustling marketplace, hoping that someone within its bounds would have the mercy to grant him coin or meal.

Now... what was your name?

You are my beautiful angel.

He awoke upright. Cold sweat rolled down his facade, and fell from his chin; it made a soft splash in a puddle between his legs, no doubt crafted from a night plagued with terrors. Standing, the boy calmed his breath, and turned to the light beckoning his profile. His eyes, which were typically a sparkling cyan, were drained of all but the softest tints of off-white.

...My Prodigy.

The Prodigy turned, searching haplessly for the owner of that voice. Nobody was found, and confusion crept upon his psyche--he started to turn, and walk from this place, before--

Oomf! Collision.

All thoughts of identity were pushed from the Siren's mind as he was ruthlessly plowed under by another being, his form falling swiftly to the ground. Weakened as he was, Celestine could not even offer a defense against the bricks which rose swiftly to meet his jaw, a fountain of crimson spurting across the marketplace. He did not even speak a word as his jaw was cloven upon the merciless stone, but instead sprawled backwards, his bloodied visage meeting that of his 'assailant.' One hand rose to cup the damaged area, while the other was used as support - the Siren gazing into the eyes of the one who had been too absorbed in something else to notice the fledgling in his path.

What?

The blow to the head was enough, however, to awaken something within the Siren, however small it was. His name - Celestine Rotada Guaridas; of the Sirenhome. His thoughts flew from his agony to his revelation, though he was soon jolted from his thought by searing pain. A low groan was all that pushed itself from the creature's mouth, hanging in the air - currently unacknowledged.

Kin growled at the sword. "Shut up you ugly sword!" She streaked at it. Kin jumped down from the fountain statue and landed next to Boshi on the fountain edge. Reaching about the same height as her.

"Boshi-chan! That sword was mean to me!!!"

Boshi looked at the girl as Kin pointed. Boshi looked over at the elf. He had held out her book. Asking her if it was hers. "Ah! Thank you! Yes this is mine...." She reached for the book.

"Boshi-chan! WATCH OUT!"

Boshi was then knocked in the back by The Prodigy and Celestine when they both fell. "WAHH!!!" Boshi tumbled into the fountain. The splash of the water was so great it soaked Kin as well.

"AHHH! Boshi-chan!"

Kin had covered her face from the disrupted water. Kin turned to look at the one that knocked Boshi into the fountain.  The Prodigy and Celestine.

"God damn it! I just finished drying my dress just a moment ago!!!!" Boshi splashed the water angrily. 

Oh!?

The Prodigy was caught off guard, and couldn't react quickly enough to salvage the stranger's balance. He thought to extend his arm and save him, but thought otherwise--his perception had grown considerably since his expulsion from ayenee, and he judged such an action to be futile. Nonetheless, he found himself caught-up in observing the stranger's stumbling, and the way his weight rolled recklessly. The Gaian's mind blossomed forthright, as though subconsciously noting what a fine attribute balance was.

E--excuse me.

He stuttered. Social interaction, regardless of how drawn-out or brief it was, wasn't his strong point. His countenance, which was swept with sincere sorrow, was offered in place of an apology.

Tiernan leapt back, putting the book back into his bag to keep it from getting wet, with a sigh he bent down to give Boshi a hand.? Easily he pulled her out of the water, sighing before giving a small chuckle.? "Sorry I couldn't keep you from falling in," he spoke as he lifted her up out of the water and onto her feet.?

It was then he realised what the little girl was saying finally, as well as what Nitrozz had been talking about.?

"Wait!? YOu can hear Nitrozz here!?" he finally said as he looked at Kin completely shocked and surprised.? "No way, noone's ever heard him out of town!" he continued still shocked, surprised at the girl's ability to speak with his sword.?

"OF COURSE SHE CAN HEAR ME YOU DIM CANDLE!? WHO DO YOU THINK I WAS TALKING TO!?" the sword admonished angry and annoyed at its owner.? It began yelling obscenities which Tiernan thoroughly ignored afterwards. 

"Damn, that sure is something," Tiernan noted as he watchind Kin for a moment, not realising he still held Boshi's hand. 

"E--excuse me."

The Siren looked contemplatively toward the man whose face now contorted into expressions of condolence, and set this sincere form of sympathy against the rip which seemed omnipresent in his rent flesh. Pulling his hand from his face to look at the pooling dark liquid upon his palm, his eyes flashed from blood to other several times before he began to weep; the beginnings of tears finding their way to the corners of his eyes. Celestine, unaccustomed to physical pain, hid his face from this man to prevent him from taking note of his moment of weakness. Even those unexperienced have the weight of pride upon their shoulders, and indeed this shattered load weighed heavily upon the creature who now cried uncontrollably. Cowering from the body of the living battering ram before him, the Siren began to push himself from the floor, before standing unsteadily on his feet.

His ragged clothes sagged from his body as he took notice of another stranger in their presence, his eyes focusing upon the form of a woman who had been knocked waywardly into a fountain. Her dress was wet, and as she voiced her discontent, the Siren could not help but feel a wave of pity, even through all the agony he was currently experiencing. As he attempted to speak his apology to the woman, his voice would be tainted by the rush of blood which accompanied sound, pouring unceremoniously past his lips.

"Arb byou ball bright?"

The Siren let the remainder of the blood trickle from his mouth, tears still falling as he sniffed hurtfully, ignoring the man who had struck him with all his might.

[Posting order? How about the Prodigy, then Boshi, then Nitrozz, then me from here on out.]

Boshi accepted his helping hand. Her white dress was soaked all the way through. And it being white. her undergarments were clearly showing.

"Of course I can hear that ugly sword! You can to right Boshi-chan?" Kin had put her hands in the air and a big towel appeared and fell on Boshi's head. She had wraped the towel around her so she could hide her now showing undergarments.

"Yea I can hear that sword to.....he's very annoying...." She sighs lightly as she stepped out of the fountain. She went on staring at the two that knocked her in. Celestine and The Prodigy. Her hair dripped of the fountain water.

Kin fought with the sword. "Your so dirty and ugly I don't even know why your kept around. You look like your gonna break in two!" She stuck her tongue out at it.

(OOC: Good idea)

Did I..hurt him?

The stranger's eyes watered, and though he tried to hide it, he wept; the Prodigy noticed this, but did nothing to soothe the man. Rather, he questioned himself--the outwardly projection of pain this man had birthed would chisel a deep foundation in the Prodigious' psyche, which could very well determine the direction of his journey.

Though, for a moment, he was torn from his own thoughts, finally noticing a woman who had fallen. It was now that the ultimate question arose--what had he been so focused on, that he hadn't noticed either of these people?

I'm...sorry?

Confusion. Was that what he was supposed to say?

Sign in to follow this