Voting has reset for the month of June. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

• Announcements

• supernal

Vote for Valucre [June]   05/16/2017

Voting for the month of June is open on TopRPSites! Vote for Valucre daily and help new members searching for a place to roleplay discover the same joys you have in Valucre. You can vote daily, so make voting for Valucre a habit. Discussion thread
The Hummingbird

Rulers and Activity Needed. Free positions.

511 posts in this topic

Do you wish to claim a stake in the role-play conducted inside Genesaris? Here is your opportunity to get in on the current events taking place inside of Genesaris, from an insider’s standpoint. By taking a claim of a city’s leadership, you now have a major say in the political occurrences of that city, as well as the ability to create events, implement changes, and contribute to the lore. By taking a foothold of a notable section, you might create new creatures, tribes of people, or other mysterious beings that others have yet to encounter. Perhaps you wish to get in on pirate trading, or create a major organization, or something completely different altogether.

Well, here is your chance.

The breakdown of what you can be:

• Obtain control over a normal sized city (Their leadership, lore changes, etc)
  • Become a part of a council in one of the capitols. (Shared control of highly influential area)
  • Take on the role of a major pirate ship
  • Take on the role of a major trading company
  • Create a major organization (legal or illegal)
  • Take control of a portion of a major region

So… you ask what this is going to cost you.

Free.

That’s right, not a single thing you pick out is going to cost you a single point of that hard earned VB. We don’t want your money. We want your creativity, ambition, and contributions. We aren’t interested in hoarding those points- we are interested in increasing activity, pushing quality role-play and increasing the amount of stories told.

You pay nothing for your stake, but you do have to earn your keep. What we wish to see is an honest effort to contribute to the lore and to create role-play. We understand if you aren’t having a lot of success, but what we wish to see is someone getting out there and trying to draw people in. Advertise your area. Create role-plays, build events, do whatever you think will get people to come play in your section.

If you do not feel like you can dedicate at least a bit of time towards doing this, please do not ask to take on something, especially an area that might require a good deal of work- such as a popular city or a capital.

But if you have much to share and you think you can bring people in (or are at least willing to do the best you can- effort > success), then we ENCOURAGE you to sign on. :)

Much will be listed here, with what is taken and what is still available. The first thing we want to get out of the way is addressing what areas are off limits.

• The East: Primarly, the Arcantian Grasslands.
  • St Desolates: This area is maintained by someone already, and has a long history.
  • Slavers’ Enclave: Board leaders maintain this area.

Next topic:

Can you make your own place?

Yes! If you want to own a small village or something along those lines, you may. You can bring others in to rp in those places and have them roughly mentioned where they are located- and if the rp all fits within normal Genesaris setting- it can even be considered cannon. The rule of thumb is- if it is so large it should have a subboard, it cannot be done. Something smaller, and you are good to go. :)

Can you own two cities?

You may own a village or town that you may freely create (see above) and one of the larger cities listed below. You can also own a council seat and a city at the same time, but if the city is far away from the capital, such as your council seat is in Shrine City but you own Aelindra City, then we ask you use different characters. It only makes sense that way, right? People who want to simply own two cities... well, we're holding off on that for now; we don't want sudden unreliability or spam popping up. Sorry.

Now, the listings!

(A quick note: All capitals are ran by a council of 8, while Union City is facilitated by a council of 15. However, 8 of those 15 are maintained by the board leaders, so that a majority rule may be implemented when needed to protect canon integrity. Mageside City is run by a council of five mages.)

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

OTHER:

Another opportunity for leadership. :)

Edited by The Hummingbird

I'd like dibs on Coastal Grande. Homeland of my character. I realize this will cause interaction with The Northern Threat, but that's fine. If any complaints, let me know. I'll probably hit you up in YiM.

I had a character on his way there to infiltrate things, so go ahead and put me on that list. Undoubtedly, he manipulate his way in. :P

I'd like Reyer City.

Going to have a character move in and take over as a gang lord. Edited by Traxien Cion

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]I'd like to be lord of High Crest City.

[/FONT][/COLOR] Edited by --Rob

I'd love to grab either a section of The Cold Mountains as a region, or Mageside, but they should probably go to better writers. Edited by Neru Amhran
There is no u in cold...

[quote name='Neru Amhran']I'd love to grab either a section of The Cold Mountains as a region, or Mageside, but they should probably go to better writers.[/QUOTE]

You'd be my far off neighbor if you took the Cold Mountains! <3

[quote name='.Irénè Gabriela DuGrace.']You'd be my far off neighbor if you took the Cold Mountains! <3[/QUOTE]

Now that wouldn't be bad. :P

Okay, Neru, so I took a look over your posts. I can give you the Cold Mountain section between the lower right hand corner of the map's peninsula up to the mouth of the river extending from the lake.

Keep in mind the land beyond the Cold Mountains is supposed to be Terrenus, which is unfriendly. Also, monsters and shit are in those mountains. ONE MORE THING - Magestorms and 3 High Lords. If you don't know about these two subjects you might want to peruse the General section.

[quote name='The Hummingbird']Okay, Neru, so I took a look over your posts. I can give you the Cold Mountain section between the lower right hand corner of the map's peninsula up to the mouth of the river extending from the lake.

Keep in mind the land beyond the Cold Mountains is supposed to be Terrenus, which is unfriendly. Also, monsters and shit are in those mountains. ONE MORE THING - Magestorms and 3 High Lords. If you don't know about these two subjects you might want to peruse the General section.[/QUOTE]

So the southeastern corner? Yay, my favorite! Out of curiosity, where is Orisia in relation to there?