Sign in to follow this  
Oljhin Akusao

Whispers Of A Moth [Quest - Open] Looking for interested players.

Thread: [URL="http://www.valucre.com/showthread.php/17089-Whispers-Of-A-Moth-Quest-Open"]Quest[/URL]!

Quest Information: Gargoyles are killing giant eagles in the mountains (Further investigation into this rumor reveals that the mayor has a vested interest in saving the eagles)

Posting Order:
No Order or Once per Turn depending on the number of players.

Player Invite: Anyone. For any reason. Jump in and let's have some fun. OPEN!!

Notes:
Depending on GM or Randomizer effects, this is going to be a long and arduous journey. BYOB. :P

UPDATE! 23-10-12
[legend=The story so far]Syl has traveled to the city of Casper on the trail of a legendary (some say mythical) giant eagle named Larion. After meeting city mayor Paul (played by Praetorian) and reaching an agreement to uncover the sudden appearance of the Gargoyles. Paul provides Syl (my character) with men, resources and directions to where both gargoyles and eagles have been spotted recently.

One and a half days ride from Casper, they arrive in the area just in time to find a pack of gargoyles chasing down an eagle. The group go on the assault, killing two while trying to capture a third gargoyle when a whole swarm appears to avenge their fallen. Armed with magic, enchanted bows and spears, and Syl's summons, they face the pack of around a dozen in a fight to the death. All men suffer wounds while all but two, the alpha male and female, of the gargoyles are slain in an unexpected distortion of magic that leaves the area scarred and devoid of life, littered with dead gargoyles.

The attack saves their lives, but leaves them stuck as well, as their wagon and horses were both taken out in the fight. As the Syl's group consider their options, a dozen men on horseback arrive wearing the Casper guard uniform...[/legend]

If you're interested, now is an opportune moment to jump right on in! Edited by Oljhin Akusao

Acknowledged. Thank you. :)

On a side note. I submitted an ST request form and it had much detailed information on what I'm looking for, but here's what I remember of it. (I'm not sure if you're an appointed ST Codeh, so I don't know if you've seen this or not)

ST/GM to play the part of
1. NPCs and/or other interested parties to disperse information regarding the quest.
-this is for mainly information gathering. If you think there are other/better ways to let the quest details be known IC then share them.
2. The Eagles, or a liason/ representative of sorts
3. The opposition (Gargoyles or anyone else who'd be playing the villainous role)

I have no experience in T1 but if the ST/GM feels that conflicts are best resolved by T1 then I'm up for it.

That's as much as I can remember of it. Oh, also, if you feel that there're some things that should/would be better done in a different manner than what I'm currently doing, feel free to tell me.

Also, still open for players interested in character development.

<< Ya I saw it, I'm a legit ST. When your request form is submitted it gets posted as an ST request thread, which all staff members can view. Then we just kinda pick and choose which ones we want on a first come first serve basis.

Anyway I'mma do a quick read up on some lore and the stuff you've already posted before I do anything, but I should be up to speed and ready to role within 5 hours.

Alright. That sounds good. Oh, and just to let you know, I won't be around for about another 12 hours because I'll be enrolling my brother. Tomorrow's a Monday, 11 pm on a Sunday right now. Timezones eh. Point is that you don't have to rush on my account.

There's not much established lore concerning the giant eagles or the gargoyles. Or at least I didn't come across any so I just made up a few things about them like 'rumors' of their sightings and nesting and stuff. Other details can be just as random as you wish.

Because it is a level 2 quest this quest is required to be completed by two people and be at least two pages long. So anyone who is looking to join is more than welcomed, I'd assume. Edited by Praetorian

@Namine, you're more than welcome. Post up when you can.

@wolfbat, you're welcome to join as a player, but since it is a quest, I'd like to keep the opposition played by the GM.

@Codeh, I actually got an okay from Supernal that I can solo the quest, provided I can get a GM or if all else fails make liberal use of the randomizer to prevent cheating on my part. But yes, anyone is still more than welcome to join. After your post about how the gargoyles were, I'm having second thoughts about doing this alone. Scary, scary gargoyles. xD