Rin

Savage Awakening

[IMG]http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q546/Caleb_Pettit/SABanner.png [/IMG]

[FONT=Georgia]Daybreak. It had come. And though it was something that happened rarely. It had come. The lands to the east of Casper were in disarray. And Razvan knew what was happening. The good old struggle of good verus evil. And though he knew the cause of the evil, was it truly the evil. It was just a girl. Sure she was the demon King's daughter, but he had grown up with Rinoa. He knew her inside out. How could she fall so fast? Razvan shook his head, he knew that something more had to be behind this. But didn't question it as he stood there on the docks of Casper. He was home once more. And for the first time in his life he was happy. He decided to swing down by the pub for a drink. He was getting settled in before leaving again to track down his childhood friend.

Walking down the street, he bumped into a young girl with pointed ears. Standing there he rubbed his head sheepishly smiling. He apologized before getting a good look at her. It couldn't be that easy--it was her. No, his mind was playing a trick on him. Had to be. The girl smiled. Though she had the same features as Rinoa, the missing eye, the ebony crimson hair that stopped at the nape of her neck and was always in her face, it was also shaggy. And her other eye was crimson black. She wore her outfit too, a long sleeve button up, the first two buttons missing and black faded jeans. It couldn't be her though. This girl had dog ears and a tail.

"I am sorry miss, I was thinking of a friend and didn't see you there. I hope I didn't harm you." he smiled then.

"Nope, I am fine." she smiled again. "It's quite alright. I guess it happens to the best of us." She laughed then before holding her hand out to shake his. "Name's Rin. Yours?" she said,

His eyes widened. It couldn't be the same one could it. "Razvan...you're not her are you? The one wanted for all that mess back in the town over? You can't be her are you?"

"...I have no idea what you're rambling on about. But I am me. I don't recall being anyone else. You must have me confused for someone else. But nice to meet you Razvan." she smiled before grabbing his hand. "...Let's celebrate this new meeting with a drink."

Rin grabbed his hand and dragged Razvan through the crowds of people. He was still lost in thought. How could this be? The girl he knew had been sealed away years ago due to the elders wishes. Now the girl stood in front of him. What was going on? [/FONT] Edited by Rin

Reed set out on an early day. He was looking for trinket metal spheres, a set of two in fact, that fill the palm perfectly. Spinning the spheres creates a resonant tone. The tone had become a point of interest in his study. The objects themselves hypothesized mediums. He could have had them forged at Forte Allegro, but it wasn't time to return there yet. The closest city with a greatest chance of finding specialty items in any country, is always the port country.

The streets were busy. Unusually busy too Reed's eyes. His home was much smaller than this. The only traffic that ever occurs there is between students. An elbow shoved into his back and pushed him forward as its owner dragged a man along. He shot a whistle at them. A bit of his arcane aura as a tracer. The two blended into the crowd, but shined a light violet to Reed. [i]That was rude.[/i] He followed close behind, observing their actions. The man seemed to be distracted, almost as if he'd seen a ghost. Ghost stories are a great source of inspiration. [i]Stumbling about stores, I might as well eavesdrop a little while I'm at it.[/i] After all, what's a bard without stories? Edited by GodlyUnderdog

[FONT=Georgia]Though she didnt mean to, she had bumped into someone before stopping a bit as Razvan sighed. It felt like someone was following but Rin would have never noticed. She was too busy trying to remember the man she dragged along. Her ears falling against her skull then. The last time she had blacked out and when she came to, she was here. Not remembering a thing, she smiled and reached into her bag pulling out a small box and handed it to Razvan. Inside laid a dagger she hand crafted herself. Razvan opened it and inspected the weapon then. It was beautiful. The handle shined a bit.

"...Did you forget already old friend?" Rinoa asked. "You asked me to craft it for you. I just finished it yesterday. Though getting the materials were hard." She smiled, hiding her true feelings as she looked away.

"T-thank you. I had a moment." Razvan said before placing the dagger into his pocket. He looked at her then, "I want to ask you something. Are you sure you don't remember who you are?"

Rinoa nodded. "It comes and goes, like pieces of a song. The memories are there, I just can't remember them. It's like I was something terrible."[/FONT]

Quietly lagging behind, keeping a distance of two bystanders. [i]Curious.[/i] His ears acute, the Tenuto contract on his chest lit. Arcane Muse perception. [i]Amnesia? No, not quite.[/i] The man she gifted now facing towards him. He could not stand still in a crowd of moving cover. The man would notice eventually. Reed walked on, passing a mere inches away from the girl. Completely silent. He continued as background noise, unnoticed. He turned into an alley way and press his back to the wall.

"..I just can't remember them. It's like I was something terrible."

Now that caught some due attention. Maybe an introduction would be warranted. How, though, was the question. If she truly couldn't remember anything, she might be easily befriended. However, the other man, he knows something. What pray tell that be, there was only one way of finding out, but not yet. He may yet air the dirty laundry. Reed slouched his back and slid to a sit. They were bound to move ahead. [i]They have seen me twice now. A third will gain suspicion.[/i] Regardless, he sat there and continued to listen. Perhaps it was better to come forward if he were found out. He wasn't a harm. He was merely an interested man who so loves to hear the tales of wanderers. They had peaked his curiosity.

[FONT=Georgia]Razvan shook his head, he could feel someone watching them. Curiousity about the girl mostly likely. But it seemed as if something else was bothering him. Rinoa could not remember things. It only happened when she blacked out. And that was when she allowed the beast out. Did something occur while he was away? Something forcing her into battle and that was her only option? He had to ask. Though he would have to do this delicately in case others were listening. Razvan was not one who liked to have information leaked if it meant harm to his young companion.

"...You don't remember because.." he paused as he tried to tiptoe around the subject. It took him five minutes to realize he couldn't. Razvan sighed. "I am afraid, I know why this is. You see every time you allow the creature within you access to the outside world, you black out. You wouldn't remember anything you did."

Rinoa laughed at this. Her being something else? Was he joking with her? She didn't know as the carefree expression returned to her face. "I didn't know you had such an imagination Razvan. You could be such a good writer." she said.

Razvan said nothing then as Rin smiled. She was too happy. Why was he trying to change this and make her remember her past life. Because he knew why she had forgotten. All a plan of the elders. It had to be. Rin grabbed Razvan's arm as she dragged him down the alley now.[/FONT]

Quite an interesting revelation. [i]That was a curious statement, kind sir.[/i] This was something that had to be watched. His original plans had no time limit and stories like this are hard to pass up. He pulled out his flute and readied his lips. From the pipe's end, a sweet, innocent, and playful tune gave way. The sound entrancing. Reed's eyes closed. His Anima began to shine. The sound became alluring. A song of tales of a piped piper.

His aura reached out from his body, following a directed sense of the sonar path toward the girl next to the man he now knew as Razvan. [i]Bait, hook, and reel.[/i] Now he only need wait to see.

[FONT=Georgia]Rinoa stopped a moment then as she heard a strange tune. It was a beautiful sound, something that went into the mind and hooked on to the feelings. Razvan saw this and looked at Rin then as he knew someone was around. He also heard the music but before he could get his companion to turn around, she was already dragging him towards the music. It was as if luring her into something she had never been before.

"Rinoa this isn't the way..." Razvan said.

"But...but that sound...it's so inviting..." she whispered.

Rinoa continued to drag him towards the music knowing that if Razvan tried to stop her it was in vain. After all it was Rinoa and she always knew best. It seemed his companion was the same. Always rushing into the fray without knowing the person behind it.[/FONT]

The sound of the coming footsteps grew closer and closer, the image flashing in his mind, no color. As the girl came up on him, Razvan in hand, Reed continued to play his song. The excited expression on her face kept him playing a bit longer. His eyes close, still he could see. There was a sense of an enjoyment. The tune then slowed to an end. He lowered the flute with a soft smile across his face.

"Aw, youth. To those who still enjoy the sounds of a poor humble bard. Most these days are preoccupied within the cages they label themselves. A great inspiration, truly."

His hands gripped both ends of his flute and lay in his lap. He opened his eyes and looked up to the little one this time. The change in perspective illustrated in perfection. She could only have been five years younger than he. Razvan he could not place.

"I know, strange for one so handsome and youthful as myself to admire, but the poor appreciate everything."

He turned his head toward the girl.

"Well curious one, may I ask you your name?"

[FONT=Georgia]Razvan eyed the man who had drawn them in with his music. He could not place this man's intentions and pushed Rin aside as he told her not to answer. Of course Rinoa being the whimsical one of the two tilted her head. She had enjoyed the music. It had brought her back to a memory of her homeland. Something she had missed dearly since landing uo here in Casper. And she opened her eye, the crimson black orb peering almost into him still held that whimsy. That spark of something unknown, unfamiliar. She smiled moving towards the bard as she tilted her head.

"It was a nice song mister," Rinoa said as she looked at him now. "It brought back some nice memories. If I can call them that. Something I had forgotten once." The smile never left her face. "I am Rinoa Alikylan Sakimura but you can call me rin and you?"

Razvan growled low. What was this man's deal? "I told you not to talk to strangers Rinoa, especially ones we don't know the true intentions of." Razvan said before shaking his head and looking at the bard. "You were the one playing that song...why? What are you trying to get at?"[/FONT]

Reed's suspicions were right. The man was suspicious of strangers. [i]A beast inside her, huh? It's all most too unbelievable.[/i] He smiled to Razvan.

"My name is Rhimee of the Reed. And I'm not getting at anything. I am simply a traveling performer practicing his art in the comfort of a spacious alleyway away from the hustle of the busy streets in this great port city."

He looked to the girl's face once more. His thoughts scrummaging every detail he took in for indications of anything unusual about her beside her canine ears and appendage from her backside. Strange characteristics, Reed had not run across anyone with quirks like this. It wasn't out of the realm of possibility that there existed more of her kind. The lands of Valucre lay host for a vast display of magical sentient existence.

"Thank you for your kindness Rinoa Alikylan Sakimura. It's good to know that one may once in awhile inspire others. Especially such curious creatures as yourself. Perhaps now that I've shared a bit of myself with you, you might wish to impart with me your own tales?"

[FONT=Georgia]Razvan of course knew something was up. It always had been when dealing with his companion. He had seen it time and time again. Because even though she looked nothing like what she was, people still tried to take advantage of her. Rin was not weak though. She held strength even though she hardly showed it at times.

"...Can you just call me Rin? I hate when people use my full name. Rin or Rinoa will do--" Rin said cheerfully as she looked at the bard. True if you looked at her, she looked nothing more than a mere half breed.

"I will not allow you to sweet talk your way into nosing into our business. We are late as it is." Razvan growled. He didn't like this bard and it showed. Though wanting to run him through, he kept his composure. "Why don't you run along and play your songs for pocket change?"

"Razvan!" Rin yelled smacking him on the head. "Be nice." She sighed looking at the bard. "Are you alright? He didn't harm you did he?"

Rinoa asked as she looked at him still. He wanted to hear a tale? Something from her? She stood there a moment thinking trying to remember when her head lowered and she looked towards the ground. Her voice became soft.

"...The legends of my people state every couple of eons a child will be born under the Blood Red Moon. They will be cursed with a beast. One that will change the lands. It feasts on humans, though not killing them. Instead it turns them into demons though I don;t believe that." She sheepishly laughed. "Though they say a song played, a certain one would be able to control the monster. I was the last one born to my father, the Demon King. So once I accept his title, I guess I am suppose to become it. But I haven't yet. I seek redemption..."

"Good, tell the man everything so he could use it against you." Razvan said.[/FONT]

An open and honest reply. The girl wished to hide nothing. Reed must be one hell of a first impression to merit trust, or the girl was sometimes a bit naive. Either way, the plot thickened. She seemed well aware of what the man Razvan had been stating before. [i]She must be in denial. IF that stories true, that is a sick and sad path to be brought up in.[/i]

"Well, my that is indeed a fascinating tale! Though, other than the manner of royalty, I don't see how I could possibly play it against you, sir Razvan. And I assure you Miss Rin that I am purely incapable of such monstrous deads as betrayal of a fan."

Reed smiled. Razvan had mentioned they were late. Late is a strange word to through out there. Despite his efforts of keeping secrets, his words told more than the girls.

"Late you say? Ah, there must be someone waiting for you here. Traveling overseas? Or meeting a visitor from another land?"

Reed stalled. [i]Let's see how late you are.[/i] His hands reached around his back, pulling a large bound book from a sleeve in his trail bag.

[FONT=Georgia]Before Rin could say another word Razvan had clamped her mouth shut with his hands. He knew he was doing something is she was without thinking of the consquences of telling this man everything. She was putting herself in more danger. Having told this man, who was a bard no less, that she was what she said she was, could make a disasterous account if even he knew the right song. Rinoa took a moment to pry his hands off her mouth before shaking her head and hitting him once more before Razvan shook his head.

"So naive to trust strangers." Razvan said. "You shouldn't have said a word."

"Come on, he's just a bard. He won't harm us." Rinoa said as she smiled. "We were going for a drink in the pub. I wanted to see the land of Casper but I don't know much about it. And I don't think Razvan likes you very much."

Razvan grabbed Rinoa by the arm now tugging her from this man. He had to move quick. This was unsettling to him. This Reed could be dangerous even if he didn't show it.[/FONT]

The thought didn't sound to bad to him. If she told the truth, that was. Reed whistled a quick tune, just under audible to his current company. He opened the book and took out a cloth with an inking of three inward spirals and a line connecting each near the center.

"Wait, before you leave. I have a gift for you Rin. In appreciation for your compliment."

A ward crafted by his own hand. The beacon ward in fact. The design was better than the last he attempted at. The first version of the ward ended up lost on some poor boar's back in the Great Pine Barrens. He had been unable to find it, a sure fire way of knowing that it had failed. The new ward, the one he held now, had been tested over and over again. It's accuracy was pin point. Even after a squirrel had picked it up from the creek that Reed had let it flow down for three hours before attempting to locate it.

He raised the cloth up, offering it to her. Razvan held tight to her. Unsure of whether he would be successful, Reed stood up and slipped it into her hand as Razvan pulled her around the corner. [i]Such a nice girl and a very paranoid man.[/i] He grinned and turned back out into the street in the opposite direction. It was best to wander away from sight for now. There was a pub he needed to look for. Or perhaps he would find that effort fruitless. Either way, it was a chance during this intermission to scout the street vendors selling novelties. Those two didn't act as if they planned on leaving town so soon. Though, with the commotion from the midnight hours the night before, it was curious that a girl with a rumor like that just stumbles by. Very curious.

[FONT=Georgia]Rin had grasped the wand tight and slipped into her bag as Razvan dragged her down the street. He was angry, mad and everything in between. Mostly at the girl he was dragging. Though Rin knew to trust people, she couldn't help it. She was young. She was 17 after all, why wouldn't she trust a bard? What intent could he have unless it was something to do with her. Yet Rin stopped them for a moment in front of the pub they had made it too a few minutes later.

"You didn't have to be rude Razvan." Rinoa said. "He had no intent of harming me! Besides it's not like he knows that song. And even if he did, I am not even the creature the legends speak of! I am just--" she looked away then as she shook her head. Why couldn't she remember? Was it really that hard? "I don't know! I can't remember and you aren't helping!"

"I told you. People know what you are. They [b]will[/b] use you. Besides being the demon King's daughter. You have power. And just because you choose not to use it, doesn't mean it's not there. That Reed is planning something. I can tell. And you'll be involved. I am here to keep you safe--"

"No, you just don't want me to have anything!" she yelled running off down the street.

Razvan stood there a moment before chasing after her. It was his duty to watch over the ill fated girl. As he rounded the corner he had lost track of her.

"This isn't good...I need to find her before Reed does." he muttered to himself.[/FONT]