Voting has reset for the month of July. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

• Announcements

• supernal

Vote for Valucre [July]   05/16/2017

Voting for the month of July is open on TopRPSites! Vote for Valucre daily and help new members searching for a place to roleplay discover the same joys you have in Valucre. You can vote daily, so make voting for Valucre a habit. Discussion thread
supernal

First Impressions

257 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, supernal said:

Thank you for the feedback Inconclusive. Some of the stuff you want is already around so I'm going to reply to your post in kind, and see if they're good enough to scratch off the list or if they could use modification in some way.

Members are often directed to the water cooler as the place they should go to recruit or get recruited, and it's mentioned in the get started guides. What isn't mentioned, but which is still available, is a thread pinned in the water cooler that explains the WC, as well as provides a template you can use to properly advertise your roleplay: https://www.valucre.com/topic/9698-the-water-cooler-information-and-how-to/

That would ideally help with explaining what you can do to get others to play with you in your stories. 

Things like what godmodding is and a few other specific terms are explained in our RP FAQ: https://www.valucre.com/lore.html/resources/general/roleplay-faq/

Inside of the profile database is the Storyline board, which people have used in the past for things like character journals: https://www.valucre.com/forum/175-storyline-board/

Does that address most or all of the concerns?

It does, for most of them! What I meant with getting RP is to play character and make situations where your characters interact with others, not just sitting in their corner and hope for a miracle. Does that makes more sense?

supernal likes this

2 minutes ago, Inconclusive said:

It does, for most of them! What I meant with getting RP is to play character and make situations where your characters interact with others, not just sitting in their corner and hope for a miracle. Does that makes more sense?

It does make sense.

I think we do cover this by telling people that the water cooler is where they can go to see what people are recruiting for, or to recruit for their own storyline. If I understand what you're saying it's about being proactive and going out of your way to interact with people/other players. If so I think we're covered but I'll think about how to further emphasize this too

Ataraxy and Inconclusive like this