Voting has reset for the month of February. Valucre is in the top 10 but we need to be in the top 3 if we want visitors to the topsite to see us the moment they land on the home page. So if you want to help new members discover Valucre, then vote for us daily.

Welcome to Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

• Announcements

• supernal

Vote for Valucre [February]   02/02/2017

Voting for the month of February is open on TopRPSites! Vote for Valucre daily and help new members searching for a place to roleplay discover the same joys you have in Valucre. You can vote daily, so make voting for Valucre a habit. Discussion thread
supernal

First Impressions

237 posts in this topic

First impressions you ask?
Well I am simply blown away. The fact that so much thought has gone into creating this site. I can only imagine the hours the admins have put into creating the lore of Valucre. Everything is so detailed, and I am pretty excited to get my RP on here. I just recently started RPing again and was looking at a few sites. I was almost ready to start one, but then I stumbled onto this gem of a site. When i first got here I didnt really know what to expect. But then I saw the lore tab. I know what "lore" is but I was a little confused since I've never seen a forum with this. But then I started digging and looking into the hard work you guys have done to this site, and creating an entire world for the forum. Ive never experience this before, and it has brought great excitement to me. I know I will be here for a long time to come!
supernal likes this

Greetings. I am new here and let me just say: "Oh my goodness!" This forum is impressive even at first glance.
It's clean, mature, simple, and just pleasant on the eyes. The only place I've ever role played on was on MySpace so yes I am academically deprived and my mind is starved from lack of creativity.

I was usually the person that complained about grammar and one liners and all that jazz.
However it seems like every one here is experienced and detailed and honestly I am a bit discouraged but also eager to learn.
So every one let's role play and have a good show. I promise i'm nice.~
supernal likes this

I logged into my old Gaia account today in hopes of rekindling my old role-playing flame. I have tried to get back into role-playing quite a few times over the last couple of years, but every time I've tried it just doesn't seem to work out. Some of the other sites I have tried are just too complicated and or are full of spam and illiterates. I really miss being able to role-play and I was hoping that Valucre would help me get back into the swing of things. Valucre came highly recommended by quite a few different people. So, I just signed up to check it out. The website is so user friendly and I love the automated message. You would be surprised at the amount of forums that don’t try to help newcomers get onto their feet. I was so happy at the ease of signing up and how quickly I was able to get all of my personal information into the system. I am so grateful for all the hard work you all have put into this forum. I can’t wait to start role-playing. Warning, I’m a little rusty. (;
supernal and Cordeliane like this

Though I have been here for almost a month, I've only truly been able to immerse myself into the world of Valucre just recently. I've finally been able to lay down a character sheet and flesh out my character and although it is still but a Work in Progress I have already gotten great reviews from people. That alone makes me feel as though my writing is not only being read but appreciated for how much thought, time and effort I put into it. I cannot tell you how ecstatic that alone has made me feel! Reading over the Lore and learning more about the cities and locations also is a joy for my imagination because I get the chance to challenge myself and my character(s) in situations and scenario's that have the potential of being unique and brand new. Although I only began posting into Roleplay threads recently, the excitement I feel from other user's propels my own passions and drives me to give my best effort with each post.

I truly look forward to experiencing what else Valucre can offer!
supernal likes this

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2]So far my first impressions would be that i am truly impressed that so many writers could be gathered upon one site. I have done my fair share of forum roleplay, and from past experience it had not been good. it was always one of those turned off sort of deals, having to wait days upon days for someone to post so that the roleplay could continue. But a friend of mine, who has been here awhile, has shown me that Valucre is different than these other sites, which, by far, I must say, this feels like its the place to be, with so many talented writers.[/SIZE][/FONT]
supernal likes this

okay, so i've been here for roughly a month, actually just under it, i'm border-lining 30 days.. haha yeah..
But, my first impression of this site was, [I]"Oh my God, how the fuck am I going to do this, What if no one likes me or talks to me? maybe they won't want to RP with me?"[/I] Of course i had the shock of being the new kid on the block, the fresh meat of Valucre and to be honest, I've never felt so welcomed.

Everyone here that I've come across so far are amazing people, they're kind and the creativity that flows from their fingers onto the screen just blows me away each time. I remember my first few days being on this site, I was nervous as hell but I meant one Valucre buddy ([URL="http://www.valucre.com/member.php/4302-Sikis1312"]Sikis1312[/URL]) who allowed me to join my first RP with her, since that day I've never looked back. I love checking out this site when ever I turn my laptop on, just to see if have that beautiful [COLOR="#FF0000"]red[/COLOR] notification glowing at me from the top right hand corner.

I can't think of any negative things regarding Valucre, nothing at all. I only have positive feedback about this site, the people are amazing, the forums make me laugh (more so because of the time difference, so when I'm posting late at night and you guys are asleep it looks like im trolling the boards) and the RPs keep me going for more.

xoxo B
supernal likes this

Ha! It's only my first time here but my first impressions rarely change so I'll go ahead a write down a review~!

The thing is.. I learnt a little about roleplaying on Facebook. Not the most professional environment but it's very user friendly and easy to use and all those 'forum' type sites seemed a lot harder to use so I would get intimidated and run back home from all that extra work. However, recently I've grown tired of Facebook because of all the dramatic OOC problems and want a more fulfilling roleplaying environment. So I looked out for a RP forum... I found this site showing the top 50 sites for play-by-post roleplay. The second on the list was Valucre, impressive. Don't remember what the first one was, just didn't like the feel of it so much. So I have to say, the presentation is great! The white and bright blue colors look welcoming, neat and professional. Even the little buttons and the overall site design looks great so it's an environment that I would be comfortable to work with so there's a big 'thumbs up' on that~! Great job!

I haven't been here long but the guides are well detailed and so I don't really feel lost around here. Yeah, the admins are really helpful, active and hardworking so it feels like I can always count on my requests and etc to be taken care of soon enough. I realize that the amount of members using the site is huge! So there will be people who I will and will not get along with, though it looks like the moderators will be taking care of that and so far, they seem to have managed to keep this a great environment.

So now that I get done writing this review, I'm gonna go make up my character, write one of those 'character sheets' (Man, I need to find a friend who can help me out through this) or whatever even though I realize it's not necessary. Then I'll familiarize myself with how these forums work and everything and so far, it's looking good. So thank you very much for making this site easy to use. I think I'm here to stay and that's saying something considering my history with the usual 'forum' sites~! So here goes!
supernal likes this

The site seems well done to me - I've only had a minor issue where sometimes my subscribed threads think they've been updated and they haven't but that might be due to running noscript and such.

The quality of the writing is even better than I expected which is a huge deal for a roleplaying site. I've seen a few posts I found odd - but that's maybe 3/100 posts or so.

Also, I've been on a lot of portions of the web and I've been in administrative positions for several of them. I'm currently a moderator for [URL="http://rapgenius.com/Bradapalooza"]RapGenius [/URL]and I've been a clan leader in TF2 and ran the servers for three separate clans (for a total of six servers or so). Valucre is by far the friendliest community I've been a part of.

The RPs all move at a good pace and it'd be easy for someone to participate in any particular amount. I'm in two right now and I think I could handle several more - but since I'm taking summer courses and I like to labour over characters I'm sticking with the current amount for a while.

A chat feature (or even an IRC room) would be the only thing I could think of that would improve the site. YIM and such is a bit outdated and requires you to add everyone you want to talk too. An open chat would be nice and an IRC room would be even better.

So far, I've been very impressed with Valucre. Much better than expected!

I might write something more extensive when I've spent more time on the site but just from the first week or so everything seems great.
supernal likes this

First impressions?

[B]Holy crap there is alot of information available regarding lore and past events![/B] It's kinda hard to know where to begin at first. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's a bad thing. But that was my first impression when looking over the site! Thankfully there is alot of kind and helpful members around to really help you get going and give a few pointers here and there. I'm suprised about the quality of posts around the forums, now I can't really say I have read most of it, not even half I would say. But the overall impression is very good so far I must say. And yes that is a compliment to all of you writer out there; good job.

What else? Oh yes I've managed to get myself into one of the stories which is really exciting I must admit, however I find myself contrained by the fact that it normally takes time for people to answer sometimes (different timezones, IRL stuff etc) and I've found myself looking for other alternatives to occupy my time as I wait. I've looked at the Open threads but I didn't really find anything that suited me. Perhaps I should make my own but as looking through the latest ones there seems not to an overwhelming activity within them? Am I correct by assuming this? Although that should not be reason enough to not give it a shot? But then again, where to begin? The "worlds" seems to be filled with so much lore that I find myself concerned about breaking the lore and by doing that offending people in the process?

Overall my impression has been very positive so far at least and I hope to evolve my own writing over time here Valucre! See you all on the other side!

Regards,

Diremast
supernal likes this

Alright so here's my whack at it.

Over the course of my time here (almost a week) I've experienced numerous variations of all the faces in Valucre. From the first impressions I have received it is MUCH like many other RP collectives that I have had the fortune to visit through the years. I have been RP'ing since I was about 14 and I am now 24. I know that's not a great deal of experience but I think i've gotten the grasp of how things work. As with every other board you'll find on Valucre a great number of opportunity to expand the creative walls of ones mind and interact with so many different people that bring their own delicious brand of excitement or intrigue to the table.

I'll point out two things that make this board SO much more intricate and complete than other boards though. They are as follows.

1. Carlos founded this site with his own money and has been keeping it running for a long time now, constantly investing his life earnings into a source of communication, socialization and entertainment for all of us. Most board owners will use a simple PhP or Invisionfree board and call it (assuming instead of effort to make it run they would make up for it by dictating the story line so closely...which can be good or bad). This brings me to my next point.

2. Open RP plot. Yes, it has been done before but because of the board owner's spending your options for doing what you what, when you want and how you want have become limitless. This is true, unabated multi author story creation at its finest. Carlos has broken down the walls of individuality to create an inclusive web board to please the masses. Well done sir.

I think this will suffice for a review. Hope you enjoyed and thanks for this opportunity.
supernal likes this

Originally, I was a roleplayer on Facebook, and "grew up" around such people as Ancients, Legends, a few groups like Ultima, and even one I joined, the Tyrants, from Myspace. I've loved rp from the word go, though there have always been three problems. The first, is Facebook keeps deleting peoples accounts, quite a few of mine were in the process. The second, I'm almost completely restricted to mobile, and theupdates it keeps giving for my phone are painstaking. The third? Drama... You couldn't go to anybodies wall and scroll down without seeing it. You couldn't have a decent rp fight without a lot of childish bicker before hand, followed by noob calling and god mods called out every three replies. I was there for three years... And my only regret is leaving behind the clan I founded and raised to what it is today. So, I've been scrolling over a few forums. Until a few days ago I couldn't even look at forums, far too complicated in looks, and very rarely mobile friendly. Then I found Iwaku. I've learned how to use forms from there, yet a big part of my rp career was missing there. Rp matches. Seen them here though... And I've read some impressive stuff already. People here can rp at a level I can respect, and I want to jump in.
supernal likes this

Ive been browsing this site for a while and already Im impressed at how neat and clean this site is. Most RP sites I go to are all disorganised and it takes me a while to find the Character creation fourum. So this one is the best I have been to.
supernal likes this

It’s a good thing I noticed this thread now because today marks my 30th day on the site. I’ve really enjoyed my time here on the site. Thirty days ago my first post was under the new members forum. I immediately got PMs and invites to various RPs. I think our hospitality to new members definitely separates Valucre from other RP forums. I’ve enjoyed the high quality of writing; quality is clearly valued above quantity. Suta and Xaeroth were my first RP buds and we finished a short 15 post RP, but it had a really smooth narrative and great character development. Now I'm in the middle of two more RPs.

In my time here I've seen that Carlos is a fair and judicious administrator – and I really respect that.

I look forward to meeting the rest of the site’s members :)
supernal likes this

One thing I'd like to say about this site is it brings possibility back into role-playing. Valucre allows nearly any plot and idea to be given birth and has successfully created a written society. Unlike most rp sites here on Valucre, I'm in control nothings to say I cant invade a fortress kill a king or slay a Dragon. And every bit of it would affect Valucre. Valucre brings writers together, letting us learn and leach off of each others skills. You can learn much about writing and have fun on Valucre. I'd give this site an A plus.
supernal likes this