supernal

First Impressions

1 hour ago, supernal said:

Thank you for the feedback Inconclusive. Some of the stuff you want is already around so I'm going to reply to your post in kind, and see if they're good enough to scratch off the list or if they could use modification in some way.

Members are often directed to the water cooler as the place they should go to recruit or get recruited, and it's mentioned in the get started guides. What isn't mentioned, but which is still available, is a thread pinned in the water cooler that explains the WC, as well as provides a template you can use to properly advertise your roleplay: https://www.valucre.com/topic/9698-the-water-cooler-information-and-how-to/

That would ideally help with explaining what you can do to get others to play with you in your stories. 

Things like what godmodding is and a few other specific terms are explained in our RP FAQ: https://www.valucre.com/lore.html/resources/general/roleplay-faq/

Inside of the profile database is the Storyline board, which people have used in the past for things like character journals: https://www.valucre.com/forum/175-storyline-board/

Does that address most or all of the concerns?

It does, for most of them! What I meant with getting RP is to play character and make situations where your characters interact with others, not just sitting in their corner and hope for a miracle. Does that makes more sense?

2 minutes ago, Inconclusive said:

It does, for most of them! What I meant with getting RP is to play character and make situations where your characters interact with others, not just sitting in their corner and hope for a miracle. Does that makes more sense?

It does make sense.

I think we do cover this by telling people that the water cooler is where they can go to see what people are recruiting for, or to recruit for their own storyline. If I understand what you're saying it's about being proactive and going out of your way to interact with people/other players. If so I think we're covered but I'll think about how to further emphasize this too

Well, I feel I've been here long enough to speak openly about this place.

It's great!  Everyone here (so far) have been welcoming, pleasant, helpful, and other forms of awesome!  Not to mention the majority are above par as far as writing is concerned on a role-play forum.  The admin was very helpful answered my questions promptly and thoroughly.  Oh, on the writing bit.  I personally am against semi-colons but seeing them used properly was pretty cool!  There's a lot to learn but as I mentioned before everyone here is willing to lend a hand admins and players alike.

While, I'll admit I'm new to forum-based sites, I have dabbled on others.  Seeing one run as well as well as this is refreshing.  So yeah, everyone else is a pretender to the throne compared to this one.

Valucre for life!

(I am considering that for a tattoo.  I'm just drunk enough to do it.  Still wouldn't be the worst one I got while being plastered)

The first hours on the site were confusing for me. I found it hard to navigate and figure out where to post what - and understand what the world of Valucre even was.

I bombed @supernal with a lot of questions, and he answered me very thoroughly. The whole step-by-step guide for newbies was very helpful, too. There are still things that can be confusing to me, but everyone have been so helpful - both staff and members. It's like the "old" members have decided that they need to take us under their wings, and it's awesome to see that much kindness and openness - it really gives the impression of a positive, welcoming online community. I felt like I must have had some stupid question, but no one ever treated them as such.

You need patience to get adjusted to the site, but once you crack the code, it's really not difficult at all.

My impressions...

1. The site was easy to find. I googled something to the effect of “fantasy roleplay forum”, and it was the first result.

2. The world (Valucre) is immersive and interesting. I’ve already spent hours reading up on the extensive history.

3. Finding information on technology levels was a little vexing. Perhaps I missed something obvious, but I felt like I had to dig a little too long for that particular information. It’s one of the first things I usually look for, because it’s essential to the core of every character. I’d suggest a simple and basic explanation of the overall state of technology on Valucre, though I know that it varies from place to place.

4. The staff, particularly Supernal (the founder/creator...? Idk.), are very supportive and helpful. That alone was enough to draw me in and make me think I’ve found a good spot to be my creative outlet.

Overall, 27 thumbs up, out of 28 (random system I just now made up)

???????????????????????????

I was hesitant at first but the nice layout and explanation had me coming back to read more and set up a character. The world explanation is easy to understand and while the names of all the different places might take a bit to get the hang out I think I'll rather enjoy keeping active in this community. It seems like a pleasant place to role play so I can't wait to look further into the lore and the other participants of the sight. All out of all it has been a very pleasing experience so far.

I just signed up yesterday, and have been reading literally everything in the New Member Guide. I love this site. It's incredible, and I love the story. I've been roleplaying for a while, I just needed a new place. I haven't rped for about a year though, and I wanted to find a new place to explore and rp in. This is perfect.

So, I guess that's it. I'm new, I love rp, and I'd love to make some new friends here.

Edited by trc.phan.anime.etc