Sign in to follow this  
Ayden

Sound the Siren! Err... Alarm!!! [Quest]

Pepper was going to follow Dice. Its like he was going to listen to the rubbish of James anyway. After all it would be nothing but trash. He would get more from Dice anyway as he knew more what he was doing then anyone else in the group. And if you think about it, Dice was really more like, you know the way he used to be. So, it would be understanding that he already thought it would be nice to have Dice in his group. The women, nope. It was not that they where bad, in fact Taima seemed like a nice lady but their group just did not allow women. Everyone had the same thought “they would distract them with their looks and being all slow”.

He would follow Dice and kill the little jerks who James let get away. Letting get away is just is basically saying “you can do what you want and I won’t care”. But had he fired his weapon, he might get arrested. This is why he would follow Dice, he was one of the few good people left in the city. He would never lead Pepper into a trap so he was not worried. In fact this was an offer to get away from the others and he liked it a lot. He just hope the women did not believe in James. If James did arrest the mermen then he would not be happy as he would not have any info from them.

But, if the ladies wanted to listen to James’s warped view about how they where or whatever he had said that was their choice. It would be nice to not have to compete with two women but if that is what it might come down to then so be it. He could not hear what James was saying so he could not know if it was bad or not but if it was bad, he would worry that the ladies might turn on them. He might seem like a “bad guy” but Pepper really was nice and cared for people. He just took matters into his own hands. And that was the way he always did it. But it was for good reasons every single time.

Not that it would be much of his concern, he would fight against two women. The problem was he would not want to see two women not thrown off the wrong path because the what some guard was telling them. He knew nothing about Pepper or Dice. Then again, for all he knew James might be a nice guy who is just telling them what he knew. But when Pepper felt something on his shoulders, something that was not right he had to do something about it. Not like he was going to kill the guards, just maybe change their thoughts. If he could though he would get the ladies to believe Dice and him were good guys. But since there was just intuition going on in his head and no proof that James was feeding them lies he had nothing to go on. That was unless the girls told him what he said about Dice and Pepper.

So, for now he would leave his thoughts and worries to rest and just continue to follow along with Dice. He knew everything would end out right in the end like they always did in his quests. He did not even think that there could be something wrong with Dice in any way. But then again, you never know, he had been turned on many times. So, before he had decided what Dice was like he would watch him, follow him, study him if you will? Not get to into his bubble to bother him but just enough so he could know what his motives where without even asking. For the most part it was observations. In the end, you could really know if the person was good or not.

That is why he never really trusted anyone but his crew. However, each one had to be tested before they became part of the crew anyway. So, if Dice wanted to be apart of his crew he would have to go through some stuff that proved he was good enough. So far so good though. He was not going to ask him just yet until he knew he was far enough from the women to ask him. Not that he cared what they thought, he cared what he thought and they might planet it in his head that he was no good. He wanted Dice to make that decision on his own.Then Pepper heard a girl sing. She seemed to be pretty young as it was. He looked around to see if he could find Raskin.

[center][font=Malgun Gothic]

[I][Kinslayer][/I]

The discovery of Raskin's motives has accumulated the manifestation of Dice's weapon upon command. The decision to release the weapon from it's dimension could cause an odd weather change. It would be the precipitation of Raskin's blood; innocent is NOT a word that coincides with mercenary. The delicacy in which Dice had presented to Raskin was nothing more than a honorable death. Now, the gauntlets were removed; it became a hunt, a game another sport in which Dice has no mind in participating in.

Alongside him is Pepper, a man who'd been denied justice in the face of authority. [I]"We went to battle together, I believe introductions are in order. I am Dice."[/I] Dice slows his steps to move his left hand towards pepper in a fair motion that threatens only the suspicious.[I] "Don't trust any melody. Put these in."[/I] His left hand opens revealing two balls of cotton he'd stolen from a merchant during his "tour" through the Trade District. Dice places his own into his ears, leaving open small holes for him to hear through. If the siren's song was supposed to lure men into their lairs, then Dice would be wary. [I]"One of us could be lured, when you see hypnosis immediately cover your ears for further protection. Then follow. That's the plan to deal with these sirens for now. The authorities should have been our gateway to more information. It's why I kept up with the intimidation role. But things are not as they seem...those 'authority figures' did not make any arrests. For if they had, we could've bargained their freedom for their information. "[/I] Dice wouldn't expose that he was willing to torture Raskin for the truth and he didn't expect Pepper to be shocked if he had. [I]"Then upon their release, we would've killed them."[/I] Call it for what you think it is. Justice is interpreted differently in the eyes of many who've witnessed judgement. It's all about taste and preference that crafts the perfect hero.

[B][COLOR="#0000CD"]"Sa-di-do-shan-ti-lo, sa-di-do, sa-di-do."[/COLOR][/B]

Following immediately as the sound came noticable is Dice's cooperation with his plan. His hands plant themselves over his ears pushing the cotton to cover them completely, what he's acquired from his charity to different regions would come into play. Dice would acknowledge Pepper with sign language. Deducing that Pepper may have gotten his weapon from his service in the military, he chooses to gesture with that in mind. Dice could read lips for he's worked without ears before, blame that on the cannons that people like Pepper use; He despises them but, would not object to using it to get the job done.

[B][COLOR="#0000CD"]"Do-pa-si-lo, do-pa-si-lo, sa-di-do, sa-di-do, sa-di-do-shan-ti-lo, do-pas-si-lo."[/COLOR][/B]

Dice did not duck low nor did he hide behind anything. He gestures for Pepper to keep his eyes on the girl. Hopefully Pepper felt that she was suspicious for singing during a time where harmonic sounds led to disappearances. Why people didn't smite her ignorance was a guess that experience with deception had provided for Dice. [I]"She is trying to direct her vocals to us. Look at the people's reactions. I think it's a trap set up to slow us from chasing the reptiles. Be careful, she could be trying to familiarize us with the siren's sound. Familiarity could make us think obscurely. Learn of her movements, understand her species."[/I] He gestured quickly making sure Pepper understood. Fingers trail across palms as Dice examined the area, keeping his movements directional to follow the young siren whilst looking out for Raskin. Dice is mostly looking to where he knew people wouldn't look; upon the rooftops. He expected to spot a scout of cold blooded descent. [/font][/center] Edited by Oniclymatic

[COLOR="#0000CD"]James listened as Seaia asked her questions filled with doubt. He wouldn't blame her as he ran the opposite hand through his hair, this time sighing once more before speaking again.[/COLOR] [B]"I think there is something behind this rumor, but that's me personally. I'm the Guard Officer, and my men have been reporting all this to me personally. Though the reports are scarce, we have twelve confirmed missing... but we haven't been able to investigate much further."[/B] [COLOR="#0000CD"]A look of concern crosses his face as he feels disheartened over the subject.

A look of honesty fell upon him, noticeable to both girls that he spoke the truth. [/COLOR][B]"The damn rebels are making it impossible for us to spend the proper time investigating this. It's infuriating. We only have rumors to run with for now. I'm sorry I don't have anything else for you, I truly wish I could help."[/B] [COLOR="#0000CD"]He says to them before stepping back. Another sharp whistle could be heard down the block, which grabbed James attention from both girls.[/COLOR] [B]"I'm sorry ladies, that's all I know. I must get going. Best of luck, I wish you well. Safe Be With You."[/B] [COLOR="#0000CD"]James said to them before turning heel and heading off in the direction of the whistle. Both women would notice that he was truly over worked, and felt irritated that he didn't have the time or energy to do more. With that, he would leave them to their own thoughts.

If James were to know of their doubts, about knowing more than Leo, then he would have explained to them further. Being the Guard Officer, he had many men reporting to him. While Leo would receive constant updates, he was well too busy with the paper work and more major issues of the city. For one man to know everything about everything in a city this size was a near impossible task. It would all make sense that a witness or victim would even know more than James did, so it would or shouldn't be all too surprising with the information James offered. [/COLOR]

- - -

[COLOR="#0000CD"]The little girl pranced around the market, unknowing of the men who stalked her. It would appear that Raskin was well gone by now, and out of sight from the two. Where they had gone was rather unknown, be it more work or home, they were simply gone by now. As the girl pranced around singing, being careless as any child, a woman could be seen sifting through the crowd rather quickly. She looked frantic and worried as she rushed in.

Swift movements took her to the child that she quickly picked up and swept into her chest. A quick hand placed her hands across the little girls mouth, to silence her from those around her.[/COLOR] [B]"Don't you know better Lianne!"[/B][COLOR="#0000CD"] She scolded the child in her arms as she began to walk away. Some of the people around her began to chatter in curiosity. Some people knew of the rumors about sirens, and those who did and believed it were smaller in number. After all, the rumor was still rather localized, and some people didn't even know of it after all.

The apparent mother took the child and walked off with her. Lianne fussed and complained like any other child, wanting to be put down but gave up after a few seconds of fighting. Her mother was too strong and it was the same old story. It was better than a butt beating, and the girl knew that all too well. With being swept up, the little girl and her mother would be on their way. The two men would notice that there was no one stalking them, watching or waiting for them. They appeared normal, despite the little girls free spirit and beautiful voice.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#8B4513"][CENTER][COLOR="#FFFFFF"]"I think there is something behind this rumor, but that's me personally. I'm the Guard Officer, and my men have been reporting all this to me personally. Though the reports are scarce, we have twelve confirmed missing... but we haven't been able to investigate much further."[/COLOR]

Despite her doubts, the man did look honest enough, and really, it was all she had to go on. As he headed off, Taima felt for the man, but quickly turned her attention back to the matter at hand.

"Seaia, if what James said was true, perhaps we should try finding some corner to stay in for the night. Pepper and Dice won't have gone too far, and even if they have, they'll soon find the mermen with no information and come plodding back to find us. What say we just hole up over there and see what we see?"

Taima pointed to a nearby alleyway, where it was dark enough for cover while still open to the district's main road. "We can take it in shifts, even, if you're tired." She yawned herself; it'd been a long day, and she still hadn't eaten anything.[/CENTER][/COLOR]

[url=http://www.valucre.com/showthread.php/15049-Seaia-Graham]Seaia[/url]

Twelve confirmed missing. Secondhand testimonial from a handful of faceless guards. Seaia groaned as James headed back to his post. What to believe? He seemed trustworthy enough, and Seaia couldn't really see a reason for him to lie to them. But she couldn't rule it out as a possibility, and she was having a [i]very[/i] difficult time wrapping her head around the idea of Sirens.

She looked up at the sky. She'd gotten to Morgana City early late in the day, and by now, the sun was red and just starting to duck behind the buildings. Soon it would be dark. If one part of James's story were grounded in fact, it would be the time of the disappearances.

Seaia nodded at Taima's suggestion to watch the street overnight. "James said the men were taken at midnight…and that lizard lady in the tavern said the same thing about her husband. So that's one bit of—what d'you call it—collab…corrobor…corrabolation…Bleed it, they said the same thing. Nighttime. So yeah, campin out is probably a good plan. And I don't know about you, but I haven't eaten since this mornin."

There was no shortage of food available in the Trade District. Seaia bought a couple of the more expensive fish pastries from a likely-looking vendor and offered one to Taima. The more expensive, Dad always said, the better you could count on getting what you expected.

Seaia followed Taima into the dark alley and plunked onto the ground against the wall. She peered warily along the narrow street. It was lined with dirty back doors and spindly fire escapes, and it seemed the kind of place where a person might get mugged. She reached for her cutlass—then, thinking the ostentatious hilt might draw unwanted attention, drew her dagger instead from the sheath inside her boot. She balanced it on her knee and started on her pastry.

She realized she hadn't yet seen a weapon from Taima. She frowned. "You got anything on you for a weapon?" she asked. She reached around and brought out her pistol. "Just thinkin we might look like sittin ducks camped out here. If you want to hang on to this, might look a bit more threatenin." She held out the gun. "I can take the first shift, if you want. You look like you could use some rest."

@Dice

Pepper never thought anything bad of Dice. He seemed like a decent guy. The funny thing is what does it mean to be decent or nice? Everyone had a different view of what it meant to be nice or even decent. Pepper never thought there was just one view on everything. There was the view of the heroes who tried to save the world. They saw good as them. The ones who they saved saw them as good. The citizen’s view of good and nice as so different I did not even want to think about it. A vigilante’s view like my own saw good and decent not as themselves, as a matter of fact even I saw my self as a little bad.

We would see people like us as decent people. We where the ones who helped people who liked us and they would like people who liked them and so on. But we would save someone even if we did not know the person just because it was the right thing to do even if he had to take matters into our own hands. The authority might not see themselves as good either but they would act like they knew everything and what was right for the people. They saw that the “law” was the only thing. But he saw some guards do their own share of “crimes”. And the higher ups would look the other way if they where good for them.

Then we had the real criminals who thought the good guys where bad and the bad guys who they where, were doing things for the planet that was helpful. The authority put us vigilante into the same category because we might kill someone who was evil or beat someone up who was doing something bad. We actually thought the authority was in the same category as the villains because they let them slide if they were too stupid to see the bad thing they were doing or if it was not bad enough. So, in that nature, there was no one true nice or decent person in the world in everyone’s view of how this world works. But in his eyes there are nice people and decent people and in his eyes Dice was one of them.

“I thought I introduced myself already. But people around these parts call me Mr. Pepper.”

Pepper saw the left hand open up with cotton balls in them and then he saw Dice put the ones he took in his own ears. He wondered what they where for? The Sirens?

“How would I see the hypnosis?”

But before he answered, Pepper took the cotton balls put them into his ears and made small holes just like dice so he could hear him. He forgot to bring his headthings along. The things he would put in his ears when he wanted to block someone out by listening to his music. But he had forgotten about them. If it was not for Dice he might have been brought in like the other men. Pepper kinda knew what Dice was talking about when he said that he would bargain them. Then shit, its like Dice could read his mind. He was a little surprised. He was going to watch the girl as it did seem weird that she was by herself and no one was watching. Plus she was singing some melody.

“I get what you mean, I think the same thing. Everyone has views of what’s the right thing to do and what’s no.”

Pepper made sure his ears where covered fully so that he could not hear a single thing. But he talked to Dice by moving his lips.

“Dice, if you can see my mouth move then listen, we don’t need our years. Keep your mind open and talk to me in your mind as though you are thinking. By doing we can talk to each other in our minds.”

Pepper used his telekinetic mind to talk with Dice while still watching what the girl was doing, see if he could follow what everyone else was doing. He made sure he would be able to follow on and know exactly what was going on so he did not lose Raskin this time. If Raskin got away with what he did it would not be a good thing. He looked around and made sure there was nothing going on. It seemed like there was something wrong here but Pepper could not put his finger on what it was.

[I][Kinslayer][/I]

Forever cooperative, Pepper had chosen to abide by the plan Dice had set his mind to. This mind is where Pepper sought to plunge his thoughts!? If Pepper only knew the desolation in Dice's past has made such a plunge a pipe dream. The dissatisfaction that was to come if Pepper attempted to do donuts in Dice's mind on telepathic segways. Those acidic barriers would force an uncomfortable dismount. It's not as if Dice intentionally kept him out. Telepathy is common in his race, it's practically how they communicate; but it is limited to just that specific race. Simply put, a glare was thrown in Pepper's direction. [I]"When all you know is the enemy...that's hypnosis." [/I]

Dice reckons the little girl and the mother were just there for a training exercise for both Pepper and himself. It does not cross his mind to not be cautious of either of them. This slight increase in area awareness snatched his immediate attention in the opposite direction of the investigation site. His entire body turns as if someone had tapped him on the shoulder or as if something startling was coming. His mouth opened partially and as his facial expression finally changed to complete rage. That flicker of life was followed by Dice shutting his eyes tightly and whisper [I]"Hold on. I'm coming."[/I]

Seaia and Tamia were still out there....somewhere. For they did not have a level of compatibility with Dice's awareness; he could not know if they were injured or worse. For that, he smuggled them into his plan. [I]"Can you mind hive with the others from this distance?"[/I] he says to Pepper whilst sliding the cotton balls away from most of his earhole. He wanted to know just how much bullshit James spoke on. He was betting his life that James said something along the lines of[COLOR="#000080"] "Raskin and his men haven't done anything illegal."[/COLOR] When clearly they had just done something illegal just before them. FOOD FOR THOUGHT!

In that instant; he appeared very confused by something. Distracted yet again, he walks forwards brushing the people gently aside, following the little girl and her mom until. [I]"That song. Where did she learn it?"[/I] Dice asked bouncing sapphire hues from mother to daughter in disbelief. He was rushing...but why?[/font][/center] Edited by Oniclymatic

[COLOR="#0000CD"]What was a man who murdered a murderer? While a blur in lines of truth and good may occur, some cannot escape their fate. An honest man doing the right thing, may not always be the right thing. While most would like to take things into their own hands, common law dictates otherwise. A man who kills a killer, is also a killer. Of course, in this blur of lines, there is always a shade of grey...

The mother turns to look at Dice with a bewildered look. The way she turned around, would appear as if he had grabbed her and spun the question upon her. Only a cry for help would send a city full of righteous citizens onto a man possibly attacking a poor defenseless mother and daughter. Yet the mother would calm herself before letting out this cry for help, realizing that it was an innocent question that came from this curious man.[/COLOR]

[B]"My mother taught it to her before she passed away a few months ago."[/B] [COLOR="#0000CD"]Her eyes dropped revealing a sadness within her, perhaps revealing the truth behind her statement she just provided. A half hearted smile escaped her face before her head tilted to the stranger, giving the man a slight nod. If there was nothing else, she would turn and be on her way. She wouldn't show much interest in staying or chatting, though would remain polite all the less.[/COLOR]

- - -

[COLOR="#0000CD"]The girls camping out in the alley way would receive several curious stares as individuals walked by. While the city was huge, and night was approaching, there was no alley that went untraveled. Even a few guards on patrol would walk by, the look upon their faces were lined with curiosity. As if they were going to stop, but never did. It was possible for these two to be homeless, rather than up to no good. The guards had too much to do, for them to go find work.

By now, the sun was well hidden as a dark sky slowly eclipsed the horizon. The moon, still rather low, would prove to be full. It's large round sphere hovered in the sky from such a distance, as if by magic, for all of the people in Morgana to gaze upon. The moon itself was rather bright upon this night, accompanied by the growing stars that surrounded it, as it shared the light from the sun to caste upon the city bellow. A warm summer night would be upon them, as a gentle breeze would sweep through.[/COLOR]

Pepper had his mind open to thoughts and all kinds of stuff. He could talk to people through his mind using telekinesis. It was obvious that the bartender was to slow to understand what he is talking about. He knew Dice would at least get the gist of what he was. That way they could talk through their minds and be able to hear the other person was talking about. It was as if it was just a normal char, quite clear. The only difference is their mouths were not moving when they talked. So his mind was open to talk to. "When all you know is the enemy...that's hypnosis." He was still confused with what that meant but he shrugged and just followed Dice.

Oh, so the mother picked up the little girl who was humming earlier but could not longer hear? Well, wasn’t that a nice coincidence. Like he was going to listen to what the world was saying right now other then Dice. And after what he said he to keep his eyes open just in case. Still, if this wasn’t some sort of test to see if they would follow then he did not know what else it could be. Based on what was going on recently he had to be careful. It seemed, as Dice had not said anymore so he had to look around and see what was going on. It worries him though, while Dice and him were looking around to see what was going on, he wondered were the ladies were? He assumed they were okay.

But you never know what could happen right? So, he had to worry just a little bit about the rest of the group. He was not a bad guy in his eyes so he had real and true feelings for other people. Not that he was attached to anyone that was not apart of his group, but he did for people and other beings non-the less. He did not understand what Dice was trying to ask him as he was slowly pulling his cotton balls out of his ears. Was he asking if his mind talk to the ladies from a distance? He has done this sort of thing before but he never really talked to more then one person in his mind before.

“I suppose I can do that but I am not sure if I can still talk to you at the same time. Also, they would not have a short mind that is limited to just thinking and being able to talk through their mind. Those ladies could be smart but they would have to be able to understand the concept of telekinetic speak.”

Pepper knew the ladies were not dumb but he did know if they knew about telekinetic speak and be able to tell it apart from thinking in your head or being possessed. So, he did not know if he could do it or not but he could try. So he used his mind to talk with one of the ladies. Looking nowhere in he just used his mind to try to transfer with Seaia’s and see if his what he was saying through his mind would reach her mind and they could speak to her.

“Hey Seaia, if you can hear me, this is Mr. Pepper. Don’t get scared, I am just using telekinesis to talk through our minds. If you can hear me then answer me as if you are talking to yourself in your head but instead you are talking to me. I want to know exactly what James told you, every little detail. Me and Dice are curious.”

Pepper did know what James told them but he did not like the guy. He thought James was actually worse then Raskin for letting him get away. Never the less, he was not going to talk over to her and talk with her he had to stick by Dice and see what was REALLY going on. But he had to try at the very least. Even if it did not work, he would know he tried at the very least. But he would figure out what was going on as time passed. He still did not care what the law did he would take things into his own hands if it seemed like the right thing to do. Dice was talking to the little girl so he just watched what was going on instead of getting to close to it.

Seaia adjusted her position for the fifth time, pulling her sleeping leg out from under her to whack it against the pavement. It wouldn't do to stiffen up—not in a dark alley in a strange town after nightfall. There'd been no shortage of guards passing by, so far, but that didn't mean she shouldn't stay alert. Across from her, Taima's wings were folded around her, and her body rose and fell to the gentle rhythm of her breathing. Seaia wondered what time it was. The moon had just risen. It couldn't be near midnight, yet.

The cool breeze from the river reminded her of keeping watch on the [i]Copper Lady[/i]. She sighed and leaned against the stone wall, remembering nights nestled in the crow's nest, bundled in a warm quilt, with nothing to do for hours but watch the dark water and listen to it churn. It was easy to fall asleep like that. After a day of ship work, your body ached, you were tired of thinking, and you had to fight to stay vigilant. She had gotten a lot of practice forcing her eyelids open. She watched the streets, now, eyes flicking from person to person, looking for anything out of the ordinary, listening for the sound of singing, some suspicious-sounding voice, hey Seaia, if you can hear me, this is Mr. Pepper. Don’t get scared, I'm just—

Seaia's fingers closed around the pearl hilt of her dagger, and she sat bolt upright. What the hell was that?

[i]…using telekinesis to talk through our minds. If you can hear me then answer me as if you are talking to yourself…[/i]

Was she imagining it? It didn't feel the same as hearing—it was like Pepper's voice was inside her head. Like she was remembering something he'd said earlier, except that it was much louder, and there were a number of details missing from the memory. The setting, for instance, or Pepper's face itself. Seaia found herself scanning the alley frantically, even though she couldn't physically hear the voice.

Was he [i]communicating[/i] with her? He'd said "telekinesis…"

[i]I want to know exactly what James told you, every little detail. Me and Dice are curious.[/i]

She was breathing hard. Telekinesis. This excursion just kept getting more and more bizarre.

She felt suddenly self-conscious about her thoughts. Had he been in her head this whole time? She'd been thinking some fairly unsavory things about him—things she wouldn't want to say to his face, in the interest of team camaraderie. She tried thinking to herself the way he'd instructed. It was a strange feeling. Her thoughts jumbled up with one another as her brain continued to process information outside of her control.

[i]Pepper, I can hear you. Idiotic, self-centered, disrespectful lout. Oh, shit, did he hear that? Lizardkin couple passing by. This is weird. Footsteps behind me. Just a guard. No, focus on Pepper. Brash, rude, stubborn. Barking dog. It's chasing a cat. Man walking alone. Watch him…[/i]

With a frustrated growl, Seaia shut her eyes and slapped her hands over her ears. As she thought the words, she formed them with her lips, the better to concentrate on exactly what she was saying.

"Pepper. Hi." [i]Psychic freak.[/i] "Sorry." [i]He wants to hear about James.[/i] "I forget what he said, exactly…" She tried to remember. The image floated into her mind. [i]Stay away from your two guy friends. They're up to no good.[/i] She winced. Of course she would remember that part, first. "Said he believed the rumors. Bout the Sirens." [i]Raskin and his crew are not what you're looking for.[/i] "Said they're mercenaries… or somethin. Hired thugs." [i]Men are being taken at night, guided by a voice…[/i] "Said it happens at midnight. Er, said…" [i]When the moon reaches the highest point above us.[/i] "When the moon reaches—right. This is bleedin odd. I feel like an idiot, talkin to meself. Where are you two? Have ye found anythin?" [i]Set up camp here, look for a wandering fool sleepwalking…[/i] "Right. Me an Taima are takin it in shifts. Lookin out for anythin outta the ordinary. Sirens or no, that's a couple accounts we got of men bein taken at night. So I'd keep an eye peeled, if I were you."

She opened her eyes and blew out a deep breath. Her dagger had dropped to the ground. She picked it up again and, gripping it just a hair more tightly than before, rested it across her knees to resume her vigil.

[spoiler]megs, sorry to auto you asleep! I wanted to mention whatever you were doing, and since Seaia offered Taima the first shift and it seems like there's been some passage of time, I figured it was logical. It's a fairly inconsequential detail—I will undo it post-haste if you would rather Taima be awake![/spoiler]

Pepper was still seeing if he can reach Seaia through his telepathic powers. If that was possible, he could have a conversation with someone from so far away it would be great. He was waiting for her response but not expecting one at all. Dice would not be happy if they had to run back over to Seaia and Tiama. And they did not feel like walking, at least not yet. Pepper would not mind it, but it would not be something he would enjoy. But he would do it if he had to. However, he does not want to. This is why he used his telepathic powers because Dice suggested he do it. And if it works he won’t have to run.

But, if this works it will be something new for him. Maybe then he could pull it even further and see how far it can go. Pepper was just waiting for a little while to see if Seaia would respond. So, until then, Pepper has his mind in waiting. He was starting to wonder if she was going to respond at all. Just before he was going to close his mind off it seemed as though he managed to talk to Seaia through her mind right away. Pepper was happy that this can finally work. And he can now push it beyond this. But, that does not matter at the moment. Because he needs to talk with her to get info. So, he would just listen in.

Pepper knew it would be weird for someone who just heard it. But after a while she should get used to it. It took him a while to get used to it when he first used it. So, if it was bizarre then that would be understandable. Then he heard everything she had called him and had said. And he continued to talk through telekinesis.

“Good, glad you think of me that way. Yes, I heard all of it. I can hear everything you say in your mind so long as it is open to you. Don’t worry about it. I have taken many insults over the years I’m used to it. You forget? Believe in the rumors? Raskin are not the mercenaries we are looking for? Men are being taken at night, guided by a voice? When moon reaches what? We found a girl and her mother singing. But we can’t hear them anymore. All right thank you Seaia, your help is very much appreciated.”

Pepper made sure he was within earshot of Dice so he can hear everything he was saying to Seaia. That way he would not have to tell much.

[I][Kinslayer][/I]

Listening to Pepper's voice as he spoke aloud causes Dice to take notice of the change within him. The giddiness in Pepper's mental was channeled over an false expression and tone. Pepper was hiding the evolution of his mood with his voice. Dice could hear that Pepper's mind was not on what Seaia thought of him but; what his powers had elevated to. A simple puncture in his learning curve, a small hint of the possible, and a test his intelligence brought Dice and Pepper closer as associates. Dice knows telepathy and understands the levels that could be achieved with the slightest experience. All Pepper needed was a little push.

On the south end, Dice needed Pepper's telepathy only because it's not race channeled like his own. It is not Dice's choice to refuse opening a port for Pepper's telepathy. It was more of a forced barrier. For that Dice sought to give Pepper exactly what he may need to survive in the future. To educate Pepper just a bit further in telepathy, he'd suggested a Mind Hive. This sort of term was overlooked and caused a brief moment of silence for it's defeat. Dice wanted to know if Pepper understood what terms are used between beings that use telepathic waves to communicate and upon finding out, he was not disappointed with the results of such a difficult test. He didn't need for Pepper to know how to Mind Hive just yet; seeing as Seaia and Tamia are in close vicinity of one another and that there could be fatigue in such.... [I]stretching of the mind[/I].

[I]"Telepath."[/I] Dice says indicating that he recognizes Pepper in another light. [I]"Do you know what this means? To be able to seek out and find minds?"[/I] Dice presses his left palm against his right fist; popping his knuckles in the process before revealing that his question was rhetorical. [I]"Personal business...can be handled much more...gracefully." [/I]It's clear that finding Raskin was their priority before the sirens were sounded and Dice needed Pepper to unveil if he still wanted to pursue them or not. Dice had already confirmed, he would assist. All Pepper had to do was [I]send out the little birdy[/I] and instant action. Oh how he couldn't wait for the decision.

If given the opportunity at a later date, Dice would gladly "push" Pepper to Mind Hive. Though, he does not take any responsibility for what Pepper had to do on his own, he respects Pepper for not asking questions and using his own strength. This moment was truly his...except for Seaia calling him all kinds of names...that might not hit him until later down the road. [/font][/center] Edited by Oniclymatic

[COLOR="#0000CD"]While it didn't seem like much time, and while the group had adjusted their own stories to believe in their own thoughts and theories, day had turned to night. Where the sun had fully set and disappeared behind the spherical outline of Valucre, and more important, Morgana's city edge. The moon, accompanied by stars would fill the sky, and only another set of moments would bring the moon centered high above them.

The city streets had died down significantly. While they weren't completely empty, still with the wondering citizen heading to and fro the taverns, there was a literal night and day difference in how busy the city died down. Even the mass numbers of patrolling guards died down as they continued to stalk the streets, keeping an eye out for any trouble. With most shops closed, and most people now home, they city was growing quite.

A full moon, one of many, and many more to come, would now sit center above Morgana and it's people. The shining light being cast down upon the city kept most the street well lit, accompanied by the many oiled lanterns along the paths. This was a city of old, and it's rebuilding would hold true to its history. It wouldn't be filled with electricity, or high magi-tech like it's mother land of Genesaris... it would remain true with Orisia to its heritage.

James' shift had just ended with Guard Officer Tikel, a lizard-folk, had taken the night shift. James would stroll through the streets, yawning and stretching out both hands. He still had all his black armor on from work, with the sword at his side as he would make his journey back home to his loving wife and child. Both hues looked up to the brilliant scene of the night sky, enjoying it as a fresh breeze of air would sift down the road before him. It would through this inhale of fresh air, the the sound of a sound was carried along the breeze.[/COLOR]

[I]"James..."[/I]

[COLOR="#0000CD"]The voice was faint, audible to only him, and yet he was instantly awe struck. As if done by telepathy, hearing the voice, he couldn't shake the feeling that took hold of him. He stopped, black booths firm upon the ground under his solid weight. [/COLOR][I]"James..."[/I] [COLOR="#0000CD"]The unfamiliar voice called out to him and now he felt it, and worst of all, understood it. By the time that he realized the rumors behind all of this were true, it was too late.

His eyes turned into a milky hue as his body movements became stiff. As if he were being controlled, his body would change course and direction. James was no longer heading home as he cut through the River Trade District. If one were to look upon him, they would see that he looked like a man sleep walking, a mindless zombie. There was no hostility within him, but the eerie sensation he gave off in this trance like state, could set even the most skilled on edge. Would the others see him? Recognize him? Save him? Only time would tell, tell if he would be another victim of the Sirens...[/COLOR]

The guard from earlier, James, was passing by. The others that she could see from her vantage point had been there for some time—the old man sleeping in the doorway; the group of revelers that had come out of a bar half an hour ago and were still chatting and laughing under the light of a streetlamp. Seaia wouldn't have paid James much attention if there had been anything else to look at, but as it was, she found herself watching him absently as he yawned and strode slowly along.

Then he stopped, straightened up, and turned on his heel to march purposefully in the opposite direction.

Seaia shot a look at the moon. It was directly overhead. Midnight. She got quickly to her feet, crouched low in the mouth of the street. James stared straight ahead, unblinking, and he moved awkwardly, like a wind-up toy, each step catching him just before he lost his balance. He was headed for the river.

"Oy, Taima." Seaia kicked the avian's boot. Without waiting to see if she was being followed, Seaia stepped out onto the main road, shadowing James from a short distance. The streets were lit, but not very well. Seaia pulled the collar of her coat up around her ears, ducked her head, and stuck to the sides of the buildings, hoping to disappear in the darkness under the eaves.

[i]Pepper,[/i] she thought, not at all sure whether this would work. [i]If you can hear me, I think something migh've gotten to James. Dunno where ye're at, but I'm followin him down toward the river. Tryin to keep me distance, case someone else's watchin him, so if you come by, try not to make too much of a scene.[/i] She hoped Pepper and Dice were still together—Dice's stealthy roof-hopping would come in very handy about now.

Pepper was concerned because nightfall was starting to come. Would more come along the way to try and reel him and Dice? Were that girl and her mom somewhat of a test? Either way, they should find some place to sleep. Otherwise he might get caught by some of the people. So he looked around to see if he could find something interesting. He could not stay out that old for too much longer. He then looked around at Dice and hoped he was thinking the same thing. If not then he would have to say it out loud. So, he just hoped that Dice knew the same thing he knew. But he was not going to wait. Pepper was just going to ask anyway.

“Maybe we should find a place to stay. I mean if the rumors are true then we could be taken away by a sound.”

Pepper did not get everything he needed to know from Seaia. Because of that he only knew based on what she told him. Perhaps he could go for Megs but he didn’t want to bother her. So he would have to use what she said as what may have happened. Something about the moon reaching a certain point and hearing sounds. However, he can hear Dice talking to him in his mind so he decides to speak back.

“Yes Dice I knew that. This is why I started doing this on this mission.”

Dice sounded like it was Peppers first time. But Mr. Pepper has been doing this since he was eight years old. So none of this mind talking is new. In fact he has been trying to find new ways on how to do it. First, when he was eight he learned how to do this, when he was ten he learned how to talk at a faster rate, around 16 he learned how to talk to multiple people at once. Around the time he turned 22 he learned how to talk to those people all at a fast rate and last year he learned how to talk to people from a far away spot. But his Mind Hive has not been perfected yet.

Well the time had come, it was nightfall. Time to be extra careful. Not that Pepper wasn’t careful, he was always careful. Though the way he acted it did not seem like it, he actually was more careful then he seemed. Not that he was some pansy or worrywart. But he did watch out for stuff when it was needed. Tonight it was needed and he knew it. In fact he would be extra careful knowing there where men being taken away through song. Good thing he had his ears covered by cotton balls. But, they were out enough so he can hear Dice and that is it. Not that he needed to hear him. All he had to was use telepathic speak and they would be fine.

So the question is what is there to worry about? You got an angel who can kill people fast and is really smart and then you have Pepper who is a vigilante of sorts. Plus they can us telepathic speak and place cotton balls in their ears to drown out the sounds. So the question is: what’s the problem? With it getting dark it would be harder to find Raskin and his crew. Next there was the fact that if someone could reach his thoughts through the mind waves there would be trouble. This was supposed to be open to whomever minds they are talking to. And then there was the fact that someone is behind all of this creating some song to lead people to their base and do unspeakable acts.

This is why if Pepper saw one of them moving in a trance like state it might be best to pretend to be one of them and then when he gets to the base he and Dice can stop the bad guys. However, Pepper was not going to do anything unless Dice does. Not that Dice is the leader here but he was smart and knew what he was doing. So Pepper would follow him. After all that was his original plan. First he started off thinking because Dice was some kind of angel he was stronger and smarter then him so he was going to use him. Then he finds out that Dice is very similar to him and he likes him.

It is because of that, that Pepper now wants to be by his side inside of using him as a tool. He just hoped that Dice was not using him though. Because if he was then Pepper would be pissed off. But then he heard Seaia talk to him through her mind. So he started to talk back to her like before. He took a huge sigh and sunk back into his mind again and started to talk to her.

“Well I would say James deserves it, whatever happened to him but maybe this might help us. Thanks for the help sista, hey be careful.”

Pepper then started to talk to Dice through his mind after he stopped talking to Seaia. It was his turn now at this point.

“Hey Dice, Seaia is going to follow James. It seems as though the song thingy might control him. She thinks we should meet her where she is but we shouldn’t make a scene. I am not quite sure where they are though.”