Sign in to follow this  
carrionjackal

Hex Corporation: Looking for those interested in science, tech, and other related RP

[CENTER][IMG]http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee431/carrionjackal_957/shiftcopy.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[URL="http://www.valucre.com/showthread.php/18926-Hex-Corporation"]Who we are...[/URL]

[legend=A message from our Director]
When I sit and look around me, I see weakness. I see disease, why would anyone want to live among such common filth? Why would you, indeed, when I can provide so much more. With what HexCorp can provide, the sky is the limit. Why settle for simple old mortality, why not replace your failing body parts. Why not boost your immune system, enhance your physical stamina. We have made vast breakthroughs in the world of health and medical treatment. Surely, at one time we were merely about weapons and destruction. Yet, we can accomplish so much more by not restricting ourselves to only serving the military. Why trust your health and well being to anyone else?

Please, take this time to consider what working for HexCorp can do for you.
-V. Grigor, MD, PhD
[/legend]

That is correct, the famed arms dealer is coming out of the darkness to aid every man and woman. New and improved, our goal is to provide arms and quality health to everyone. (A listing in the market will be soon following as we get some things more put together. The last few corporations of this type did not do enough to support the community as a whole.)

While the pitch of HexCorp is a more global, friendly company. The same quality black market arms and technology will be available. As it is the black market, expect higher prices.

As for right now, I am looking for some new team members. Working from the ground up on a new, revised company, I will be needing some folks to help round out the creative staff behind this corporation. This means technological advancements, research, and other such improvements to the rp world. As some of the technology is very expensive and exclusive to this company, there are perks. In addition to technician, scientist, and research roles, there are monster/creature roles available. As a biological research company, among other things, they do their own gene splicing and cloning. This means test subjects! (I know I have seen a few with interests in characters who have escaped from labs! Hex has some of the finest labs in all of Valucre) Corporate security is also an option, albeit more of a private military than security.

I can see this group appealing to any who have been fans or taken interests in fantasy universes within Resident Evil and Bioshock, to name a few related fields of fantasy. Any interested in altering their characters innate abilities and powers through non-magical means, as well!

Current PC role listing, but is not limited to:
[spoiler]Right now, I'm looking to fill some basic roles and work from there.

Scientist - develop products for the company ICly, can start their own lab RP's and that bit. Ideally, I would like some horror/sci-fi threads going in the future. Mishaps in the lab and so-on. Just neat little goings on within development. They can also assist the sales team, in prospective IC sales.

Technicians - maintaining equipment for some of our larger projects; we have ships and some other sorts of vehicles for regular use and combat. They would also assist the science team in development, but more so with machinery. May lend itself to a little more 'modern steam-punk' as a friend has dubbed it.

Experiment - we do create bio-engineered creatures as part of our business. some have tried to play these in the past. they can have their own missions, play assassins, spies, or lab based threads. creation stories, mishap stories, etc etc.

Also under this category, we genetically modify individuals with 'super' powers. Telekinesis, telepathy, stealth, super speed, super strength, psychometry, bio-electricity, pyrokinesis and a few others on the work table. (these are also sellable)

Corporate security - spies, assassins, soldiers, the usual private army stuff. Check out our competitors, look at what's going on, etc.

Mages - they are an integral part of our weapons industry. As gunpowder does not exist as we know it to be, many of the advances within HexCorp firearms remain of a magical nature.
[/spoiler]

-- Further questions can be directed here, or via PM. Edited by carrionjackal

It's in the lore,

Grigor has led the company through an expansion, and Shift has become HexCorp as they now produce 80% of what those islanders need. Plus, all the former cabinet members and dignitaries mysteriously all disappeared leading to a devastating economic depression. ICly anyway.

No one cared about Shift as it was, so it's scrapped and starting fresh, new spin and that jazz. =) Edited by carrionjackal

Sounds wonderful! There is already a storm brewing just off the coast of Atland. Feel free to keep up with that in the [URL="http://www.valucre.com/showthread.php/17814-Mission-11-Taking-Atland-%28OiC%29"]Taking Atland[/URL] thread!

Still looking for any interested parties! Corporate roles, tech roles, science, lab, and expirimental roles too!

[font=tahoma][size=1]Can you supply me with a list of available roles, and a description of the expectations that accompany said roles? I might roleplay two or more characters -- [b]if you can convince me C/:[/b][/font][/size]

[quote name='altuzarra'][font=tahoma][size=1]Can you supply me with a list of available roles, and a description of the expectations that accompany said roles? I might roleplay two or more characters -- [b]if you can convince me C/:[/b][/font][/size][/QUOTE]

Right now, I'm looking to fill some basic roles and work from there.

Scientist - develop products for the company ICly, can start their own lab RP's and that bit. Ideally, I would like some horror/sci-fi threads going in the future. Mishaps in the lab and so-on. Just neat little goings on within development. They can also assist the sales team, in prospective IC sales.

Technicians - maintaining equipment for some of our larger projects; we have ships and some other sorts of vehicles for regular use and combat. They would also assist the science team in development, but more so with machinery. May lend itself to a little more 'modern steam-punk' as a friend has dubbed it.

Experiment - we do create bio-engineered creatures as part of our business. some have tried to play these in the past. they can have their own missions, play assassins, spies, or lab based threads. creation stories, mishap stories, etc etc.

Also under this category, we genetically modify individuals with 'super' powers. Telekinesis, telepathy, stealth, super speed, super strength, psychometry, bio-electricity, pyrokinesis and a few others on the work table. (these are also sellable)

Corporate security - spies, assassins, soldiers, the usual private army stuff. Check out our competitors, look at what's going on, etc.

*edit* Mages - they are an integral part of our weapons industry. As gunpowder does not exist as we know it to be, many of the advances within HexCorp firearms remain of a magical nature.

[quote name='Redemption']Quite interested. I have a gal who could help out.[/QUOTE]

Oh? What did you have in mind? I'm pretty flexible at this point; I'm working to just get more activity within the group. Then, ideally, branch out into wider IC fields. Edited by carrionjackal