Sign in to follow this  
Clay

A Lost Heritage: OOC

Welcome to KnightInShiningArmour for joining our thread!

I am glad to be back and thanks for waiting for me. Sorry for the short post, but everything seems to moving at a pretty quick pace and I am excited to see where it goes.

This thread can be used for all OOC conversations and questions.

I feel I've got a bit of a block myself - although I am getting over a cold that didn't help me at all.

Looking forward to getting KnightInShiningArmour involved and getting the story back on track. I think I will close the thread to others for now - seeing as we've got ourselves a nice party.

Ok guys, I know people are probably busy - but I am pushing this forward a bit. Seems like we've gotten a little stale with the meet and greet thing. Time to move on. I'll give it a day or two to try and hear from anyone. If we push on without you, feel free to jump back in later.

(OOC: I don't mind the teleporting crystal - but I am aware that teleportation is considered outside the idea of mild powers. Whether it matters in a thread like this or not is not really my call. One thing that I would say is that I'm not sure I would intentionally use the crystal in the future - only because I'm not sure that I would want to willingly wait for you to post come back and post in the middle of the story. No offense - it just seems like I would have to hunt you down and ask you to join back in a thread that you already left. Please keep in mind that I am not offended that you leave - as I would rather continue on by myself and Rose we are the only people left interested in the thread. Oh, and I will post later. I expect it to be a bigger post as I try to re-establish the story line a bit after my absence.)

Don't get me wrong, I totally intend to stick with the story. My character is just doing just what he said. Getting some things. I do understand that teleporting is considered outside mild powers, but it's not one of Jeaphix's normal abilities. He has to use the crystals to do it. the small ones are just shavings off of the larger ones that the Hiigarans have. The large crystals act as an anchor for the smaller ones and the small ones only have two uses. Getting there and coming back. After that, the small crystals become a fine powder. If you'd like to continue the story with just you and Rose, then go ahead. It's your story. You certainly would not have to hunt me down to get me back in to the thread if I did quit, I check the thread often and I'm on Valucre every day and I check the site when I get home from school. I'm still interested in the story, I just had some things in the real world to straighten out. Sorry if it seemed like I didn't care. Edited by StrikerDown

No, I would love to have your I wasn't sure what you're intentions were. We will call on you soon. I'm on my phone at a party and trick or treating with my daughter now, so hopefully tomorrow. Glad you still want to be a part of the story!

[URL="http://www.valucre.com/showthread.php/14989-Is%C3%A9lyr-FAQ-s?p=196596&viewfull=1#post196596"]Iselyr FAQs[/URL]

[quote]
What type of technology exists on Isélyr?

Isélyr is a much more primitive land than its neighboring continents. The technology in Isélyr is very low-level. Swords, spears, and polearms are commonly found weapons. Guns or other modern-ish weapons are not available in Isélyr. Even if your character is from another continent, has a gun and knows how to create his or her own bullets. Steam-powered weapons/items/devices may be found in their most primitive of forms. Electrical powered, or techno-magic weapons are also amongst weapons types that are not available in Isélyr. These types of weapons can not exist on Isélyr.

Modes of transportation are heavily reliant upon living creatures. In other words, you either walk, run, or use a beast to get to where you want to go. If you're travelling across waters, you rely on muscle and wind currents to help guide your boat or ferry across. There are no airships, no cars, [B]no teleportation devices. These devices can not exist on Isélyr.
[/B][/quote]

Basically, your teleportation crystal won't work in Iselyr. At all. In fact, once its introduced to Iselyr's borders it dissolves into dust.

Also, what are Hiigarians? What's the Foundation? I've been following along since the beginning of this roleplay because Clay had contacted me about an attempt at a canonical roleplay in Iselyr. If you're wanting this to be canonical, I'd really like to know about these Hiigarians and the Foundation that Jeaphix seems to have issues with. While I normally don't have an issue with members introducing certain elements into the canon of Iselyr, there is [URL="http://www.valucre.com/forms.php?do=form&fid=2"]a process[/URL] and requests should be submitted using the proper forms with as much detail as possible.

I moved the OOC post Clay had made in the roleplay thread to this thread. OOC conversations should remain in the OOC areas. (If you had included a roleplay post with your OOC interaction, I would have left it.)

I'm so sorry Morgan. I really had read over all of the info for each of the islands. No excuses, I forgot it and thought I could remember everything like I always do and it came back and bit me now. I'll go through everything to get this stuff canonized. I can explain the Hiigarans and the Foundation to you if you PM me. Or on this thread. Whichever is more convenient to you. Again, I'm sorry I did that.