Sign in to follow this  
riah

x. mafia society x.

[SIZE=5][B][COLOR=#327aff]˟ [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#000040][B][FONT=Cambria]м[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=black][B][FONT=Cambria]αғια ѕσcιєтy[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
[/SIZE][RIGHT][FONT=Cambria][COLOR=#a3a3a3][I][SIZE=3]"Whoever knows pain becomes criticized."[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR][/FONT][/RIGHT]

[SIZE=3][HR][/HR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][FONT=Cambria][I][CENTER]Did you hear?[/CENTER]
[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Cambria][I][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=#808080][SIZE=2]Of course you didn't; you're not from around here, are you? Thought so. Let me break it down for you. Word on the streets is that Alemeda Romanov was possibly the most powerful drug dealer in Europe. Hold it – “possibly”? That's underestimating a few things. Romanov practically owned Europe. He had a monopoly on the transport of narcotics into the European market from Latin American drug cartels and drug labs in Southeast Asia. He was rendered untouchable from local and foreign law enforcement agencies by means of threats and huge bribes paid to high officials in the Spanish government and local and national law enforcement in the city were his operations were based. Now, why am I telling you all this, you ask? Well, Alemeda Romanov passed away only recently. And it's common knowledge that when a king dies someone has to replace him... Right?

The only problem is that Romanov has left four sons, two brothers, and a sister in this world. His sister, [s]Nephthys[/s], ran from the business the day after the funeral to a place only she knows. His brothers, [s]Vislav and Rau[/s], fought to the death over the idea of running Europe from the underground scene until one – [s]Rau[/s] – was the victor, and quickly got settled into his new office. As for the sons, they felt betrayed that their father hadn't specifically left the enterprise to one of them, and now detest each other and their uncle. They all took their mothers' last names – since none of them have the same mother – and paired up and branched off, each leading their own organization toward destroying their brothers and their greedy uncle. Now there are two alliances intent on bathing the entire city in blood.[/SIZE]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/I][/FONT]

[SIZE=5][B][COLOR=#327aff]˟ [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#000040][B][FONT=Cambria]т[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=black][B][FONT=Cambria]ʜє ʟαᴡ[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][FONT=Cambria][COLOR=#a3a3a3][I][SIZE=3]"I throw a light..."[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR][/FONT][/RIGHT]

[SIZE=3][HR][/HR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Cambria][I][CENTER]Let me lay it down for `ya...[/CENTER]

[COLOR=#000040][[/COLOR] [COLOR=#327aff]Characters[/COLOR] [COLOR=#000040]][/COLOR] [COLOR=#808080]This, I believe, is one of the most important parts of a roleplay. I think most everyone would agree that "all-powerful" characters are most annoying characters, and can cause problems in the roleplay as well as in the OoC. So, in light of this, I absolutely refuse to accept any character that may end up being a "god character" into my roleplay; I want everyone to have their slice of cake and eat it, too, as long as it's a reasonably-sized slice. On that note, I must say that this roleplay has no magic involved, only guns, knives, fists, and anything one would find in modern-day reality. Thus means no anthromorphic characters, no talking wolves with wings, no laser guns from the future, et cetera, et cetera. Let's move on. I love originality;; the more original the character, the more I'll love having you in on the fun. This means that the tired old emo kids whose families have all either abused them or died in some horrific accident, leaving the characters all alone in the world, aren't really going to survive in the world of explosions and betrayal. That is, unless that character has a more unique view from that saddle than the norm. This is the mafia we're talking about; not every character is going to be a sensitive squishy. Also, if the mood hits you, you may make expendable characters. This means that you can create another character (or many) that is/are not you main character(s) and let yourself or others kill them off, but with proper discussion beforehand so no one gets confused.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000040][[/COLOR] [COLOR=#327aff]Posting[/COLOR] [COLOR=#000040]][/COLOR] [COLOR=#808080]Posting in this roleplay will not be the end of your life. I know people have problems offline and often have to take short absences, so my only request is that you at least notify me in some way about any absence you may take. I also request that everyone post at least once every couple of weeks to keep the roleplay alive and well. If there is nothing you have for your character to do, consult with me via private message and we can work out a short mission or something for your character where he/she may end up running into another character or more. Another aspect of posting I wish to discuss is the concept of the appearances of posts. I'm a fan of interesting post layouts, so feel free to decorate your posts! Just so long as it's not consumed by large images and/or bright, hard-to-read colors, it is a welcome thing. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000040][[/COLOR] [COLOR=#327aff]Literacy[/COLOR] [COLOR=#000040]][/COLOR] [COLOR=#808080]My ideas on literacy is not what you might think. I don't think in "beginner" literacy or "advanced" literacy, or whatever people call it these days, where the label is determined by how many paragraphs a person puts in a single post. I use the old-fashioned method. [B]I like my partners to be literate, as in, good grammar, detail in the paragraphs. I'm not a fan of short, bland "one-liners." I do require that there is at the very least two paragraphs per post, even with writer's block. Please write in third person. It grinds my gears when I find that one person who decides it's a good idea to post their responses in first-person point-of-view while everyone else in thir person. [/B]While I'm thinking about it, I would like you, the applicant, to title your private message containing your character profile with the first and last name of your character. There is another thing you must do to your private message hidden somewhere within this post. Remember: I love quality over quantity! On both accounts. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000040][[/COLOR] [COLOR=#327aff]Respect[/COLOR] [COLOR=#000040]][/COLOR] [COLOR=#808080]R-E-S-P-E-C-T. That's what it means to me! I beg of you, my fellow roleplayers, to respect your peers here in this humble roleplay, as well as in the OoC. If an argument occurs between players, please bring the issue to me through private message and refrain from continuing to clutter the fun atmosphere here with negativity regarding the roleplay. I'll say it now: do not kill another person's character without permission. If your character is killed without warning, please say so in OoC or to myself, and I will make sure the culprit rewrites the murdering post. For those who leave the roleplay, please inform me through PM and we can possibly work out how to have your character disappear.[/COLOR]
[/I][/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria][I][CENTER]The information you need to know is right here...[/CENTER]
[/I][/FONT][spoiler] [[COLOR=#327aff]Families[/COLOR] [COLOR=#000040]][/COLOR] [COLOR=#808080]These families aren't actually families, if you haven't caught on already. Not every person in a family is related to each other, so they're more like organizations. Like most organizations, each family consists of a leader, second-in-command, and so on. Should a leader die, the second-in-command takes over unless otherwise specified. If a second-in-command dies, the next qualified person steps in to fill the role - the same happens when the second-in-command is "promoted" to Boss.

All the Bosses are half-brothers, meaning the Bosses are related to each other by their father's blood only. They each take on their mother's maiden name after their father dies, which basically means Fargas was the maiden name of one of Alemeda Romanov's wives or girlfriends, Michaelis was the maiden name of another, et cetera. Now, how did Romanov manage to have so many women? Let's just say that he was the stereotypical rich man who got tired of women quickly. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000040][[/COLOR] [COLOR=#327aff]Locations[/COLOR] [COLOR=#000040]][/COLOR] [COLOR=#808080]Since they're trying to get rid of each other, each family wouldn't want to be within range of the others but would want, rather, to be close enough to strike the others, right? The solution to that problem would be for each to establish a territory within the same city. This city is split up into five territories. Clockwise from the northern-most part of the city, these territories are the Michaelis territory, the Fargas territory, the Bruscetta territory, and the Merteuil territory with the area occupied their uncle in the center. Not really a need-to-know thing, but good to know, yes? Here's something that most definitely is need-to-know, though: In the subject of your private message containing your profile, let me know which family your character is in by putting [U]Fargas:[/U], [U]Michaelis:[/U], [U]Merteuil:[/U], or [U]Bruscetta:[/U] at the very beginning of the subject. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000040][[/COLOR] [COLOR=#327aff]Alliances[/COLOR] [COLOR=#000040]][/COLOR] [COLOR=#808080]Remember, the alliances are supposedly only temporary. Each brother wants to come out on top, right? So in order to do that, they would have to get rid of ALL the competition. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000040][[/COLOR] [COLOR=#327aff]Characters & Profiles[/COLOR] [COLOR=#000040]][/COLOR] [COLOR=#808080]You may have as many characters as you wish, as long as you can handle them all, including any expendable characters. [S]It isn't required to fill in the colors for the "expendables"; in fact, I recommend not messing with the "COLOR1" part of the profile for them, for easy indentification purposes on my part. For the main characters, however, I would love you for filling that part in.[/S]

"Why aren't the expendable characters on the list of characters?" They aren't there because I'm working on getting an area set up for them elsewhere. When I do get it up, all existing expendables will be listed there~ [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000040][[/COLOR] [COLOR=#327aff]Hierarchy[/COLOR] [COLOR=#000040]][/COLOR] [COLOR=#808080]Those of you who know anything about the mafia, there is a certain swing to things - a hierarchy, if you will; it's the same with the families in this roleplay. Starting from the top: the Boss; he controls the whole thing, and almost nothing is done without his say-so. Directly under him is the Subordinate; the Boss's second-in-command, his right-hand man. Below him are a few people called "Cleaners," in this case just one for now; a Cleaner is, more or less, the one that cleans up the messes the soldiers leave behind, mostly using strong acids to get rid of the bodies. They are also known for getting rid of insubordinate members of the family, of any status save for the Boss. Also reporting directly to the Subordinate are the Soldiers, who tend to do the dirty work that the Cleaners "clean up." [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000040][[/COLOR] [COLOR=#327aff]Loners[/COLOR] [COLOR=#000040]][/COLOR] [COLOR=#808080]The loners are the ones that "leech" off of the business that the families bring to the city, more or less interrupting the cash flow into the families. Oftentimes these guys meet the wrong end of a gun because of their ways, but sometimes they can get in with a family some way or another...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000040][[/COLOR] [COLOR=#327aff]Anything Else[/COLOR] [COLOR=#000040]][/COLOR] [COLOR=#808080]I'll add more to this section if/when more questions roll in. If your question isn't here, feel free to PM me your question and I'll try to answer as promptly as I can. [/COLOR][/spoiler][COLOR=#808080]

[/COLOR]
[HR][/HR]

[FONT=tahoma]This is an old roleplay, resurrected from the days of my Solia account. Cody, though he doesn't know it, inspired me to dig it back up and give it a go here on Valucre. The crossed out bits, in the first section, are the names. I came up with those on the spot, so they're rather shitty, and most likely will be replaced if/when the roleplay happens. Obviously, this is a storyline that would be best if done thoroughly, so that's how I want to do it, although it's no doubt going to be time-consuming and even a 'lil hectic at times . .

[CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=#327AFF][B] ˟ [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000040]Manov Alliance[/COLOR][COLOR=#327AFF][B] ˟ [/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]Fargas Family[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[FONT=Cambria][I][COLOR=#000040][[/COLOR] [COLOR=#327AFF]Boss[/COLOR] [COLOR=#000040]][/COLOR]
❖ [COLOR=#808080](Name - Full) [/COLOR]
❖ [COLOR=#808080] (Preferred Weapon Type) [/COLOR]
[/I][/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria][I][COLOR=#000040][[/COLOR] [COLOR=#327AFF]Subordinate[/COLOR] [COLOR=#000040]][/COLOR]
❖ [COLOR=#808080](Preferred Weapon Type) [/COLOR]
[/I][/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria][I][COLOR=#000040][[/COLOR] [COLOR=#327AFF]Cleaner[/COLOR] [COLOR=#000040]][/COLOR]
[/I][/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria][I][COLOR=#000040][[/COLOR] [COLOR=#327AFF]Soldiers[/COLOR] [COLOR=#000040]][/COLOR]

❖ [COLOR=#808080](Name -Full) [/COLOR]

[/I][/FONT]

[CENTER][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=5]Michaelis Family[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[FONT=Cambria][I][COLOR=#000040][[/COLOR] [COLOR=#327AFF]Boss[/COLOR] [COLOR=#000040]][/COLOR]
[/I][/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria][I][COLOR=#000040][[/COLOR] [COLOR=#327AFF]Subordinate[/COLOR] [COLOR=#000040]][/COLOR]
[/I][/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria][I][COLOR=#000040][[/COLOR] [COLOR=#327AFF]Cleaner[/COLOR] [COLOR=#000040]][/COLOR]
[/I][/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria][I][COLOR=#000040][[/COLOR] [COLOR=#327AFF]Soldiers[/COLOR] [COLOR=#000040]][/COLOR]

[/I][/FONT]

[HR][/HR]

[CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=#327AFF][B] ˟ [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000040]Roman Alliance[/COLOR][COLOR=#327AFF][B] ˟ [/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]Merteuil Family[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[/I][/FONT]

[/I][/FONT]

[/I][/FONT]

[/I][/FONT]

[CENTER][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=5]Bruscetta Family[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

❖ [COLOR=#808080](Name - Full) - Reserved [/COLOR]
[/I][/FONT]

❖ [COLOR=#808080](Name - Full) - Reserved [/COLOR]
[/I][/FONT]

[/I][/FONT]

[/I][/FONT]

[HR][/HR]

[FONT=Cambria][COLOR=#A3A3A3][I][SIZE=3]"...Open Fire!"[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR][/FONT]

Literally every position is available. So, if you're interested, I suggest you get to creatin'. Now C:[/FONT] Edited by le mongrél.