Sign in to follow this  
Zenophoenix

Rebuilding Izabal [Open]

She did nothing, and let the blade hit...and that passed right through her. She laughed and smiled. "You are in my world hun, nothing ca-" Suddenly the forest faded, and the house as well. They were now back in the forest road, the litch beaten into the ground, his hand falling as he caved and dispelled the curse. Sonka kicked him in the ass and let him go. "Yeah, you better run!" She shouted and giggled. "Well, that went...who is he?" She asked, staring at a rather puny looking imp. It was gross! It had warts all over its small body and smelled awful. "I AM A SHE!" It squeaked, until it realized its spell was broken. Sonka grabbed it by the wing as it tried to get away. "Looks like a half-ling succubus. Decent at illusions, probably working with the litch. She is harmless now, if your feeling merciful. I let the litch go, but not before he told me where the supplies went. We need to hurry, something big is going down."

[FONT=book antiqua]The recruit pivoted around and saw that the illusion had faded. The once harrowing trees of the forest were replaced by the native flora of the outskirts of Izabal. The once reddened sky had been cleared into a bright, sunny day. And as for the succubus he was up against, it was replaced by an imp whose wing was caught by the strong beauty herself, Sonka. She must’ve made short work of that Litch easily. It wriggled about frantically trying to pry itself loose from her grip. And Kaine, still a bit dumbfounded, turned his head to the side glancing at the warts that lined its body.

"Well, that went...who is he?" She asked, staring at a rather puny looking imp. It was gross! It had warts all over its small body and smelled awful. "I AM A SHE!" It squeaked, until it realized its spell was broken. Sonka grabbed it by the wing as it tried to get away. "Looks like a half-ling succubus. It’s decent at illusions, probably working with the litch. She is harmless now, if you’re feeling merciful. I let the litch go, but not before he told me where the supplies went. We need to hurry, something big is going down."

Laughing for a moment, he cocked his hand to the left, hoping that Sonka would throw that thing as far as she could and it would be out of their hair forever. With that thing gone, now they could get back to the supplies.

“What did you find out?” he asked as the two continued down the road, quickening their pace.
[/FONT]

She smiled and let it go, the little urchin flying off. "Ever hear of the Scylla?" she asked. "Being from a port town you MUST have at least heard someone ask about it at a tavern..and probably seen them get thrown out." She said. Talking about these foul deep sea witches was like calling everyone in the room that was a sailor a dull witted ass that is married to a strumpet, and all their kids are sickly gnomes. It gets you beat up. "Anyway, if not there is an entry in my dad's book, but its small. He only caught a glimpse of it and tossed a spear. It was so awful and powerful that it cursed him to never forget her name, just by looking at it." She said and shivered a bit. "It was...Adammanda. He says it translated into the Maiden of the Deep."

[FONT=book antiqua]She smiled and let it go, the little urchin flying off. "Ever hear of the Scylla?" she asked. "Being from a port town you MUST have at least heard someone ask about it at a tavern…and probably seen them get thrown out."

“No, I haven’t. I just got here a few days ago so I haven’t frequented the tavern much.”

"Anyway, if not there is an entry in my dad's book, but its small. He only caught a glimpse of it and tossed a spear. It was so awful and powerful that it cursed him to never forget her name, just by looking at it." She said and shivered a bit. "It was...Adammanda. He says it translated into the Maiden of the Deep."

“Yeah, I’ll need your dad’s book on this one.”
[I]
Adammanda? Maiden of the Deep? So an aquatic monster? But what does it have to do with the supplies?[/I]

Sonka handed him the book and directed him where to point at.

“Umm… what am I looking at?”

[/FONT]

She nodded and showed him a page...

[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdcb5ybP2g1rvvidco1_500.jpg[/IMG]

[FONT=Book Antiqua]The Scylla
A deadly Sea witch, the Scylla has three goals. One, to find and destroy port towns, ships, and cause terrible sea storms. Two, to eat and consume all of the crew of a ship, except for the captain. Three, to take the captain of a ship to a island out in the sea where he will never be rescued, and watch him suffer and try to escape, like a game of cat and mouse that he will never win. Scylla are powerful necromancers that love to resurrect the dead and send out ghost ships to bring her playthings and riches, as they are in love with things that shine or are valuable. Vain, they are gluttons for praise or complements and love to be worshiped. Scylla are immortal, and only three and exist at a time. These three are the Ginnerva (translated to The Sea Queen), The Demmescus (The Lover of the Abyss King), And the Adammanda (Maiden of the Deep). Legends tell that the Maiden of the Sea once fell in love with a sea captain, and to show her feelings she took him to shore and gave him a treasure, something he could always remember her with. Being selfish and greedy by nature, to give a gift means that she must have truly loved him...[/FONT]

The entry ended there, and Sonka smiled. "He never liked me to read that entry. Said it was not really based on fact like the others." She said and closed the book.

[FONT=book antiqua]The thing depicted was some amorphous feminine figure with tentacles dangling about its body. Three wolves were growling at her feet. Her ears were catlike and she had red eyes and fur around her neck. This was the Scylla, another mythical creature who according to Sonka’s dad, wanted to destroy port towns, consume crewmen, and strand captains. However, one of the three Scylla, Adammanda, actually became infatuated with a sea captain and gave him a gift, contrary to their selfish and greedy nature. Now, he got it. This monster was probably somewhere near Izabal, and if it truly was, then the creature would definitely target Izabal and most likely the captain, Rio Belenades.

“So do you think this thing’s somewhere close by? If so, we gotta hurry up and get back to town! They could be in trouble!”
[/FONT]

She nodded. "Its not exactly close. You see, Scylla do not just surface. These beasts are envious of the sun, for they feel that in comparison they do not shine as bright...I know, vanity." She said. "That is why the supplies were stolen. These cultists want to worship her, and as a gift to their goddess, cause a solar eclipse." She said as she walked along the road. "The litch told me that they killed the workers...and plan to give the gold that was in the shipment as another gift. Lastly, the few men they did not kill are her first human meal in what could be years." She said and sighed. "We have to get there. Now." Indeed they did. the ceremony was tonight, and these cultitst were done setting up their ritual platform with the supplies, now all they needed to do was blot out the sun. "They will probably flatter her and gain her trust that way. Think about it. A Scylla as your weapon of mass destruction. They would control the seas, and Izabal is going to be but a big crater."

[FONT=book antiqua]She nodded. "It’s not exactly close. You see, Scylla do not just surface. These beasts are envious of the sun, for they feel that in comparison they do not shine as bright...I know, I know vanity." She said. "That is why the supplies were stolen. These cultists want to worship her, and as a gift to their goddess, cause a solar eclipse." She said as she walked along the road. "The litch told me that they killed the workers...and plan to give the gold that was in the shipment as another gift. Lastly, the few men they did not kill are her first human meal in what could be years." She said and sighed. "We have to get there. Now." Indeed they did. the ceremony was tonight, and these cultitst were done setting up their ritual platform with the supplies, now all they needed to do was blot out the sun. "They will probably flatter her and gain her trust that way. Think about it. A Scylla as your weapon of mass destruction; they would control the seas, and Izabal is going to be but a big crater."

“Damn, so they’re gonna use the supplies to summon the Scylla!? And then use it to strike down Izabal? First things first, we have to find them and stop them from blotting out the sun. Since the Scylla are envious of it, then it’ll never surface. But then again, we could be too late. That Litch might have been buying time for them to set up and if they did, then it might already be over.”

He grasped the center of his spear.

“Then again, we can’t give up without a fight. C’mon let’s go!” he said, his face stern and serious.
[/FONT]

She nodded and headed of the path. "We need to head to the sea. They plan to summon her at the shore, and if we hurry we can make it in time!" She said and ran, her large legs taking her quite far and rather quickly. "Always loved the sea...too bad I don't have time to admire it." She ran as fast as she could, but things were looking bleak. She could see the sun, almost seem to dim. The land was slowly getting darker, if they were fast, they had an hour to stop this.

[FONT=book antiqua]Kaine followed behind Sonka closely, their destination was the coast where the cultists had made a summoning platform to summon the Scylla. In the distance, the sun began to fade amongst the horizon. He estimated less than an hour before dusk turned to night. With the sun gone, summoning the Scylla would be easier for the cultists, and it would make things worse for Izabal. The recruit slung his spear across his back and headed off of the path, making a beeline towards the coast. After traveling for a few minutes, they saw the flames flicker from the coastline and shadowy figures whose cloaks had obscured their faces and distinguishing features. They were close. Fortunately, the right side of the path, the side that veered towards the coast, was devoid of trees and mostly plains. He could feel the grass crushing beneath his feet. He could hear his own panting as his pace quickened to keep up with the strong strides of Sonka. He smiled at her comment about the sea. He had almost forgotten one of his mother’s most important rules, ‘Enjoy the little things’. He finally caught up with her and turned his head to face her while they ran.

“Who knows, I may take you out to enjoy the sea once we crush these guys.” He said, smiling at her.
[/FONT]

Sonka smiled. "Let us hope that the beach will still be there. The Scylla are a dangerous lot, and powerful necromancers to boot. It is no wonder undead have tried to get in our way thus far." She said, and glared as she saw more up ahead. The cultists clearly did not care about hiding any longer, and had deployed a great deal of undead to buy time for their ritual. "Ok, we do not have time to take them all out, so we will just have to charge then, break free, then outrun them." She said, and smiled. "And I know how to make this a bit easier!" She reached into a small bag, and pulled out a small potion. The bottle had a smoke like appearance, as if the contents were a thundercloud. She tossed it into the air after pulling the cork off, the potion exploding above the undead, rain falling and lightening striking. They were thinned in number by the powerful lightening and the rain that hit them seemed to slow them, some even freezing in place. Sonka stayed out of the storm's area, and waved for him to do the same. "Do not go in that. Its a concoction I made a long time ago by accident. A combination of a storm spell, a lightening strike, and a really nasty paralysis mix. Great for crowd control."

[FONT=book antiqua]Kaine Zangetsu
Novice - Izabalian Guard
Weapon: Oxtongue Spear

He slid to a stop as Sonka threw a bottle that smashed against the ground generating a giant storm cloud. Lightning shot from the clouds followed by mighty roars of thunder. This woman had plenty of tricks up her sleeve. A part of him was glad that she was on his side. One of the cultists eyes rolled in the back of his head as a bolt of lightning struck him dead. Another group was frozen in place. Still another was engulfed by a chasm that formed from the mighty thunder. Kaine was both awestruck and taken aback by the power of that concoction. Sonka's dad was definitely a man not to be crossed. Their numbers were drastically thinned by that attack, saving their energy for the ultimate battle that was sure to be at hand. He wasn't up to staring down the face of a Scylla.
[/FONT]

The head necromancer laughed, and his men summoned more undead to replace what had been lost. Sonka glared and started to bulldoze her way passed, trying to stop them. The necromancer had only to finish the final summoning and the sun would be blocked out for an hour. Once the terrible sea beast had risen, she would make a pact with him and they would probably destroy all of the land. "Damn! Kaine, go and pass these guys! I can handle them! Stab that necromancer!" She cried, As a zombie bit her arm. She glared and smashed her fist into it, knocking the head clean off. She was poisoned now, as most undead were highly toxic. She glared and fought on, thinning their numbers only to have them return. She had made his opening... "Take it damn you..." She said as she felt herself slow from the venom.

[FONT=garamond]More cultists replaced the ones that were lost, as if they appeared from thin air. They were wearing black robes similar to their leader and they charged for the two of them. Kaine glanced over as Sonka glared at them. With the bulk of her body moving in a forceful motion, she bulldozed the newly arrived cultists. From a distance, Kaine saw their leader preparing the final summoning. Soon the sun would be blacked out for an hour and there would be nothing but the cries of the fallen and the voice of the Scylla as she made a pact and began to destroy the world. Sonka's voice rang out to Kaine, "Damn! Kaine, go and pass these guys! I can handle them! Stab that necromancer!" That was followed by the wince of her mouth as her arm was bitten by a zombie. The Izabalian recruit hastened his steps as he flew past them and braced his legs against the ground. In a burst of energy, he leapt into the air and extended the blade of his Oxtongue Spear so that if it hit, it would pierce the chest of the head necromancer.
[/FONT]

The man glared as he tossed something into the vat in front of him. He was stabbed a second later, but it was too late. The sun suddenly shook, at least it appeared to. Light slowly drained from the land, as if someone had tossed a giant curtain over the sun. Sonka hissed as she fought off the last undead, no more remaining without the head necromancer. She ran over to him and tensed up as she started to heal her wound. "It's to late for stopping her arrival." She said. "We are go ing to be fighting an ancient sea monster, one way or another... Kaine, get out of here. Warn the city a d get as many people to saftey as you can!" She said. "I will try and make a pack with her to make her leave or at least delay her." She said and held her wounded arm. "Although I doubt she will be interested, given I think she is an ugly, selfish old octopus..." She laughed weakly. "Hurry up, I can do this!" She knew she could not. The beast would rise, kill her, and then return to the sea if she was lucky. She just had to hold her attention for one hour... Just one...