Valucre
  • Announcements

• Paroxysm

Contact between members and staff   04/20/2018

Valucre.com and Valucre’s official email address (Valucre@gmail.com) are to be considered the only credible contact between members and staff. If you are contacted by someone, or a group of someones, dubiously representing themselves as staff outside of Valucre.com, you should private message @supernal and @desolate. Additionally, if your account is to receive administrative action, or you are the subject of a report, staff will contact you through forum, email, or through the forum's warning system, not off site services such as Discord or Skype.
Cordeliane

Roles open in Nvengaria in the Noble houses.

People are more than welcome to RP in Nvengaria, it does not have its own board or sub-board yet, but if we can drum up enough activity it can have. So if you would like to play a Noble on the Island please remember Nvengaria is medevial in its rules, it is also a peaceful place that has mostly been cut off from the main lands since it was founded. They are starting to branch out to the main lands now.

Blue eyes ( clear blue, Ocean Blue, Sky blue, Sapphire Blue.. Ect..) are concidered VERY Rare only children of Prophecy have them. Grey blue eyes, violet/purple blue eyes are fine. But if you have a character with BLUE eyes please have some kind of prophecy ready for them as well.

Dukedom of Marrowwyne

Duke Edwin Fairview of Marrowwyne
Open Fairview Marquess of Fallsview Cove
 Fairview 
Fairview

Earldom of Silverwood

Dominique Southhorn Earl of Silverwood
Male Heir Southhorn
Southhorn
Open Southhorn

All Barony's are open to any player.

Sea Haven ( Aleksei)
Pinecrest (Blue Knight)

Whitehill (Grubbistch)

Lighthope
Starfall (Twitterpated)

Kings Castle Staff

Lord Chamberlain

Steward

Treasurer
Arch Mage (FirePenguinDiscoPanda)

Tavern Owner
Note:
  Nvengaria is a peaceful place, so no War, i am not saying there cannot be conflict but taking over anothers land is usually done through Marriage as daughters are subject to their males.

Here is my lame map so you get a basic lay out of Nvengaria
Nvengariamap-1.jpg

Edited by Cordeliane

In Genesaris children who have a prophecy made about them, like A child born as the sun sets on the 9th day of the 10th month will do great things and change the world as you know it. a Prophecy would have Blue eyes.

It is something I pulled from Raze/hummingbird, as it is her thing. At least those born of Genesaris parents. With the influx of strangers from other lands it might change but Not in Nvengaria as it has been settled by pure blooded Genesarian's and no out siders have come to settle there.

So if said character had blue eyes and was born to those native to Nvengaria, they would have some sort of prophecy that was uttered at their birth? Interesting. Can you tell me a bit about day to day life of a noble? And what is the difference between an Earldom and a Barony? Putting aside size of the area of influence.

Yes, a child with Blue eyes would have had a prophecy either uttered around the time of birth or before, and in some cases ( like that of the Arcantian people LONG before the time of birth )

The nobles run the lands and take care of their people. They also throw lavish parties and are the magistrates for any disputes for the people in their area. It is a male dominated society. They make sure their peoples homes are taken care of and collect rent and taxes (or have somebody do it for them)

The barony's are smaller in size and influence sometimes they even fall under the duristiction of a Dukedom or Earldom. Barons are knights who have been elevated to the noble class where as the earls are born to the title and were part of the founding group who brought order to the lands after the place was settled.

Would you mind allying with Gesen? Even if it's just trade and public relations? I want Gesen to have friends in various places for various reasons.

If I were to play a minor Duke or Earl, perhaps a second or third son, could I?

As to the prophecy, if you've got a random idea that I could run with that'd be cool, if not then I'm not dead set on having a prophecy child.

And the male's being in charge would be a really interesting storyline should a marriage/alliance occurred with any Swele female. lol. Talk about a fun rp for the happy couple.

You could take on a Barony they do not have as much pull as a duke or Earl but they are part of the nobility and part of the kings council. I have limited the number of Dukes and Earls Most I am playing them for now, I may free things up in a bit but for now the control of the major cities stays with me.

Children of Prophecy have blue eyes its not just nobles its all children even commoners. I was just making the note so that those who RP in Nvengaria take note of that

The Open are children of the current Earl/duke only the heir must be male you are more than welcome to make one of those open into a son if you wish.

I could do an alliance as long as you understand war is not in the picture and no back up other and supplies would be coming from Nvengaria. Edited by Cordeliane

I am currently drawing a map so once can see the locations, but Starfall is close to the Castle in Crystal Water, It is the look out Barony that watches the waters for trouble, it is also the barony with the Library of Magic. Where books and studies of magic are kept. It is lush and green, with a river and falls in it.

I edited my previous post for you there.

Oh, wow. May I sign up then? (for Starfall) Is there any particular naming system or genealogical traits I should know about besides the ones listed above? I know on Gesen we have our various systems.

I love green eyes but most of my characters end up with blue or colors associated with the brighter spectrum.

Hmm. An idea is forming in my head. I'll go work on a character sheet and then message you to hammer out details and information. Do you prefer a certain type of character sheet or will the one Shades of Grey normally uses work?