Ayden

A River of Blood [Quest]

[Spoiler] [B][U]Rabid Merfolk[/U][/B]
Some of the native Merfolk are not pleased with the new River Trade District. New boats and people are flooding the rivers they once claimed, and while some have adapted to this change full heartily, others lash out and attack the River Trade District. With Tridents and Swords in hand, these Merfolk attack the harmless citizens of Morgana. Diplomacy is unlikely and the City Guards could use all the help they can get. A reward will be given in return. [/Spoiler]
[COLOR="#0000CD"]
It seemed that Morgana was still a mess filled with unwanted tension. While most of the merfolk had graciously accepted these new changes, even welcoming the new changes with open arms, there was still a group of rebels plotting against the city. It wasn't until a few weeks ago when the leader of the merfolk's rebels, their King, was captured and taken to jail. His crimes against the city, murdering innocent people, had led to his swift capture. Without their leader, this horde of Merfolk is lost and out of control, killing and stealing as they see fit.

On the west side of Morgana, the River Trade District had been evacuated of all common citizens. Guards dressed in Black Armor, to include the Royal Court, with weapons of all types. Each creature that fought for Orisia and Morgana wore this black armor, and the court would wear the pendant of their Queen. The well trained men and women of the city, even those off-duty, would fight to keep the city and the innocent people within it to be safe.

Alongside the river, wooden boats would be crushed. Nets, planks, and other debris that a vessel of the river would produce, would find itself floating downstream. Out of these blue waters, an angry group or Merfolk would come forth. From water to land, they stood using their shiny scales and snake like tails to move around with ease. Tridants and swords, some shields, some bows and arrows, could easily be seen in their green hands. They would crush anything that didn't belong to them, and kill everyone and everything in their way. The Merfolk would clash against the city guards, it was obvious that they could use some help.

Standing back some, a human guard stood tall. Long black hair escaped his skull, matching the armor he wore today. His brown eyes watched the battlefield from behind the line of combat, shouting out orders and giving directions. James, Gaurd Officer to the Royal Court, would take charge of this ongoing fight. While most would prefer Leo, their Knight of Diligence and single noble Knight Commander to take charge, it was rumored that he was in the infirmary being taken care of. Due to James's growing reputation since storming the city, the men and women on the battlefield respected and trusted him with their lives. A long sword planted itself into the stone road beside him... it would be nice to have more back up.
[/Color]

How she reached this populated hell never matter but why she was there. This was a land healing and rebuilding, the people here not only taking care of Mother but living with her as well. That kind of society was not often found as not many thought about the rock that didn't argue or fight back right away. Mother had once more given her instructions though. This time requiring her to leave the solitude of the ice cold winters to the burning heat of the desert land. The merfolk once more letting their pride rule over their minds rather than sharing Mother's life blood with all.

Sharp teeth tightened as she thought of the fish folk that had tossed her away due to their preference of perfection She didn't hate them anymore, just had a great distaste for them. Her body in many ways resembling both the land walkers and the water dwellers. Finned ears and slightly finned fingers were the first thing normally picked up by those that lived in on the dirt along with the odd shape of her water blue eyes. The merfolk seeing the split tail that made her legs. She would never grow a tail to swim like them but she could breath under the water with the help of well hidden gills.

Most might be interested to see her ivory flesh with its blue hinted tint remained free from sweat as she walked towards the fray that was sweeping across the land so easily. The soldiers of black resembling trees fighting to stay above and sturdy during the howling winds of the blizzards throughout her previous home. The light refracted from her glass like armor that stuck around her arms and legs each edge looking to be deadly sharp and touch would prove it. Thin silks covered the rest of her body as the snow wraps were just too much work to keep correctly here in the heat.

The winds spoke to her, its words telling her that she was doing right by helping to bring the crazed merfolk back into hand. Chaos was good but only in small quantities and according to Mother this form of chaos would never end well for her children.

Stretching her awareness out to the river so close and handy, she began to exert her hold over it, bringing it towards her where she would wrap it around herself. Each breath bringing it to freeze about her in an armor similar to ice she already fashioned into a hardened base. To get it to a protective state it would take at least ten breaths. River's eyes sparkling with a happiness she rarely showed.

[SIZE=2][FONT=book antiqua]Dressed in the black armor of the Order, Kayden showed up as quickly as he could. With a swift wave, he brushed his brown hair out of his face. On the right side of his breastplate was the pendant of the Queen. Across his back was his Greatsword, which shone brightly in the afternoon sun. Before he even left, Lady Vivian had given him a once over. He was her knight as well as knight of the Order and both of them required that he looked presentable. As well, he was also the closest of the Knights who could help, so he took it upon himself to do just that. Rereading the letter, he remembered that the problems and tensions between the Merfolk and the citizens of Morgana stemmed from a group of Merfolk rebels. He was sure the Queen had thought of sending an emissary, but apparently they weren't in the mood for talking. His steps made their way down the dirt road where he saw a man, different from Leo who he was expecting, donned in the armor of the Order but not wearing the pendant standing next to his sword which was plunged into the dirt. Close by, he saw another young woman, who had most likely answered the call for those who would assist in this problem as well.

A few moments later, and he was close by them. He nodded to the young woman and shook the man's hand.

[COLOR=#ffd700]"Kayden, Kayden Arghest. I'm here because of the letter. It said something about you needing some help dealing with some rabid Merfolk."[/COLOR]

Golden irises would meet the man's eyes as he awaited his next orders.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Meliora showed up as well, donned in her own armor with her sword on her hip. She had also come as a part of the Order, as the pendant upon her breastplate indicated, and was aware that this next task had to deal with dissenting merfolk in the River Trade District. She'd been aware for some time of the trouble arising there, and was summoned to the scene since she'd also been stationed close by. Morgana was a city that Meliora seldom visited, her usual haunts being near the capital city where the Black Queen resided. To her it had always been beautiful, just like the other Orisian cities, for anything in her home island of Orisia was beautiful to her. She felt quite honored to be a part then of the authoritative force amassing to deal with the merfolk skirmish. But, just as always, she also hoped to be able to settle the matter without much bloodshed.

"[COLOR="#EE82EE"]Meliora Lanceleyn[/COLOR]," she said as she approached the two Black Hearts--strange, though, one of them wasn't wearing the pendant--and let her rose quartz eyes scan the scene. [COLOR="#EE82EE"][I]Looks like it'll be a long day.[/I][/COLOR]

[COLOR="#0000CD"]What a relief! James was reluctant to see not only one, but two Knight's of the Order come to their aid. While he was absolutely thrilled to have them on his side, the first female hadn't gone unnoticed either. She seemed to be some kind of hybrid, or cross-bread, between a human and merfolk. He would never know, unless told, that she was nothing more than a defect. None the less, he still felt the need to ask her for a name. Perhaps he would catch her offguard, but there was no mistake in her eyes as he watched the sheer look of determination that was well written on her face. [/COLOR]

[B]"And who may you be my lady?"[/B]

[COLOR="#0000CD"]The question came with a sign of respect and recognition to her. James gripped the hilt of his sword as he twisted ever so slightly, allowing the gash in the ground to turn into a small circular crater. Only seconds would pass, allowing River a chance to respond, before he would continue and get further to the point.[/COLOR]

[B]"I'm glad you all came, we can use all the help there is. Unfortunately, this has turned into a blood bath. If you can help stop them, talk them down or strike them down, then please do so. You will be rewarded with money for your troubles, and any expenses acquired in Morgana can be considered paid."[/B]
[COLOR="#0000CD"]
It was pretty simple, and James held some hope for salvaging this mess. Perhaps, just maybe, having one of their own kind on his side would give them an advantage. He didn't know, to be honest, if she could talk any sense into them or not, but it was worth a try!!

[/COLOR]

[FONT=Book Antiqua]When she had heard of the problem with the rebellious Merfolk, Tiger hadn't been quite sure what to think. She had always been one to side with the common folk, against bureaucracy and government which frequently didn't do what was best for the majority of the people it was supposed to work for, and in her mind, the Merfolk fell into that category. After all, it had been their land first and was by right and element still theirs. It was understandable that they might not like the new standards being put up for them by a bunch of humans who likely didn't have their best interests at heart.

Still, she was a human herself, and she knew that what the Merfolk were doing was wrong and bad not only for the humans, but for the cooperating Merfolk as well. It was hard to tell, sometimes, who was in rebellion and who was not. As long as things stayed as they were, there would be a high chance of hurt on both sides to innocents. That was something that she most definitely could not approve of and would do anything to stop, no matter what the cost, which was why she had traveled to where she heard the Commander of the forces against the rebel Merfolk was, in order to offer her services.

When she arrived, she saw that there were already several people surrounding the man, two members of the Order, like the commander, but one very different. She gave off a feel of ice and water, almost like one of the Merfolk themselves, except that Tiger could see clearly that she was most definitely not a purebred.

[COLOR="#800080"]"Excuse me?"[/COLOR] She waited politely for the commander to turn to her and then gave a soft smile. [COLOR="#800080"]"My name is Tiger. Song Xunzhi. I am a warrior."[/COLOR] She tapped the halberd strapped to her back. [COLOR="#800080"]"I heard that Morgana was having problems with Merfolk, and I would like to offer my services."[/COLOR][/FONT]

The time it took for the others to arrive and introduce themselves was enough for the waters around her body to drop off. Beneath the murky waters that was once the river, a complex spiral of ice ribbons stretched across her body. Each piece hard enough to withstand a strengthened blow of an ax and the ribbons twined around allowed for movement as if she was in full plate armor. Parts of the armor that were still clear were the hardest pieces on her for they were created of purified liquids and she had spent an entire week concentrating and hardening them. They were in all purposes just as hard if not harder than titanium. Its form even so compact that it didn't even emit a coldness like the other.

The excess water was quick to spread and rise, creating an extension of her hands. Each one taking the same time as the armor to harden satisfactory, soon a sword in each hand would be clearly visible. She heard the words of the man as his attention was brought on upon the new arrivals. Her mind pausing to translate the words spoken. Valucre may translate strange languages but any language besides Mother's and merfolk was hard for her to understand. Not given enough time to reply she simply kept her mouth shut, though her eyes echoed the disgust she had for humans and human kinds. A stiff breeze brought the look to temper down to toleration.

He had mentioned the idea of talking to the merfolk to get them to stop, she was almost certain that was because she was here. And if Mother hadn't raised her, she would have just gutted them all immediately, but violence should always be approached with diplomacy first. A helm of ice began to form over her head as yet another came to join, this one introduced as Tiger something or other. She really couldn't catch most of it, especially while her mind was trying to decipher income and possible responses of information.

Turning to look at the battle that continued around them, she knew there was little left to do. Her grip shifting on the hilts, she began to step towards the enemies. With each step, she worked at gathering the water from around the ground as the merfolk were great at spraying it everywhere. The sounds from her started fairly suddenly as well as shifting between clicks and high pitched tones. River was talking to the merfolk, "You cause Mother disappointment. She knows there is no harm happening here except your fetal grip to old ways. Don't you see that this will only leave a scar on more than the land with blood shed?"

There was much more to say but she wanted to give them a chance to respond. And even more so to save their hides. Mother would be so proud of her especially since she was checking her anger back.

[SIZE=2][FONT=book antiqua]It was loud and erupted as soon as it was formed. The fighting had gotten intense. Fires bellowed from where the rabid merfolk had begun to set fires to the buildings near the outskirts of Morgana. Their problems had just gotten worse. The clear skies of Morgana now filled with smoke and the group needed to act and fast, but it seemed that the merfolk were keeping their wrath focused on the outskirts, probably to get their attention. There was definitely more to this than just a bunch of merfolk gone astray.

Kayden listened on as the warriors introduced themselves. First, was the hybrid merfolk woman, and then it was Lady Meliora, followed by Lady Tiger. Their group was shaping up to be more than capable of handling the threat. It was then that James had essentially let them loose. The knight knew what he must do now, quickened steps made their way past the others for a few feet. He didn’t want to seem brash or boorish, but the time for subtleties and common decency was little and the moments they would have for them were now far and few in between. Raising an arm, he pointed towards what seemed like a small hut, burning in the distance.

[COLOR=#ffd700]“Is anyone going with me to stop that fire from spreading and quell the threat there?”

“If so, then arm yourselves, I believe the enemy will be more ferocious than any of you could imagine.”[/COLOR]

With careful skill and expertise, he drew the greatsword from across his back and readied himself to head straight into combat. He wasn’t focused on entirely killing all of the merfolk, but he refused to let the innocents be harmed because of their grievances. If he had to strike them down, he’d rather it be in the name of what is just rather than senseless bloodshed. Or so he wanted to believe as the boiling of his blood was felt throughout his body.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='Kayden'][SIZE=2][FONT=book antiqua][COLOR=#ffd700]“Is anyone going with me to stop that fire from spreading and quell the threat there?”

“If so, then arm yourselves, I believe the enemy will be more ferocious than any of you could imagine.”[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/quote]

"[COLOR=#EE82EE]Right with you[/COLOR]," Meliora said, "[COLOR=#EE82EE]but with only one complication. We don't have anything to stop the fires with.[/COLOR]" Then her rose quartz eyes happened to notice the merwoman manipulating the water about her. "[COLOR=#EE82EE]That's much more helpful[/COLOR]," she then said as she drew her slender sword, the gilded rose glimmering brightly at its place on her weapon's crosspiece. There was not much time to contemplate anything else, now, as Meliora went forward into the battle as well. With their group growing in numbers, the Knight of Self-Sacrifice knew that they had a bigger chance against the merfolk.

[I][COLOR=#ee82ee]James said that we could try talking them down[/COLOR], [/I]Meliora remembered. A slight frown formed on her face. [COLOR=#ee82ee][I]I don't know how that's going to be possible right now...I don't know their language, and neither do they look like they want to listen. [/I][/COLOR]That was a pity, for she didn't like the idea of bloodshed without any reason or understanding. Then she looked back to the merwoman who joined them and saw her talking to some of the merfolk. At that, her hopes went up for the idea of peace, and ironically at that moment, a jabbing trident had made its pointy way for her head. She deflected it with a quick parry from her sword and drew back to face her attacker.

[COLOR=#ee82ee][I]And so it begins...[/I][/COLOR]

[COLOR="#0000CD"]The introductions were set and James had collected the names that were offered to him. They would be remembered and honored upon the completion of their task. He remembered how he had just got done putting the names of a few common-folk on the Wall of Heroes for their outstanding work in Morgana. If things went well enough, he was sure that he would be revisiting the Wall soon enough to place more names up. This was his hope at least. Tiger had stepped in, the last as he suspected of the available help, to offer her services as well. James pivoted on his foot before he spoke to her with much haste, in an attempt to let her keep up with the group that just went forth.[/COLOR]
[B]"You services will be rewarded and appreciated. Please, help the others with the fires and stopping this chaotic mess we're in. I will be here if you or any of them have questions."[/B]

[COLOR="#0000CD"]This was all he had to say before James turned once more, yelling to the side where some of the guards were slacking. His voice yelled over the mess, threatening to kick them in the face and ruin them if they didn't stop their nonsense and get back to work. There was no overtime or extra pay for any of them, for this was their job. He knew that within a few more hours, a new Guard Officer would take charge of the scene, but that was the perk of having rank. Regardless, James kept his sword in hand and continued to yell out. If Tiger had anything else to say, she really wouldn't get the chance. Hopefully she would be confident enough to step forth and assist the others.[/COLOR]
- - -

[I]"... Don't you see that this will only leave a scar on more than the land with blood shed?"[/I]

[COLOR="#0000CD"]The voice of the female merfolk called out to her kind, pleading with them. It seemed that the group quickly realized how resourceful this one was, and what a great benefit it would be to have her on their side. Even James knew this, and his decision for diplomacy over action would have been asked regardless of who offered a helping hand. Regardless of it all, a voice would yell back to her in the same language.[/COLOR] [B]"Help!"[/B] [COLOR="#0000CD"]Obvious panic was evident in the voice as a young boy pushed through the weaponry and dumbfounded rebels.

The young boy would come squirming his way with quick reflexes, as his racial traits were obvious in movements and skin tone. He as of the same blood as the Merfolk, and was sucked into this mess. Through the crowds, the young body rushed out for River. Unarmed, he immediately saw her and recognized her as the one who called forth. Arms wide open, he latched onto side, for he was no taller than her hip. Immediately after him, three more well dressed rebels had come forth. Each one held a sword with some armor that was tied with inexperience here and there. It seemed they were chasing him? None the less, they saw him taking refuge with one of their own, a female no less! River would quickly realize that these were not the common merfolk she was accustomed to. They would charge her, ignoring any comrades that River had in the process.[/COLOR]

[FONT=book antiqua]Chaos continued to ensue from within and from the outskirts of Morgana. Smoke bellowed as the red flames flickered, threatening to engulf the three huts that were in the distance. The innocent citizens fled for their lives, followed by screams of terror as the Merfolk began to ransack their homes. They were but a blur as the anger rose in Kayden eyes. He hadn't forgotten his original purpose which was to quell the threat, but now, now he wanted to make them pay. He had wanted to douse the houses of the horrendous flames, but his path was now blocked by a few merfolk. With a growl, Kayden drew his Greatsword and with one command he uttered:
[COLOR=#ffd700]
"Move... now!"[/COLOR]

The knight was glad to have Meliora alongside him just in case things escalated. Unfortunately, River's power couldn't be put to any use since she now had to contend with three merfolk of her own. How had the enemy bolstered their numbers? He would deal with that later. Right now, the edge of his Greatsword was staring down the face of a merfolk. And a rebel trident was staring down the face of the knight. His face tensed. His brow was now beaded with sweat. The only ally close to him was Meliora and he wasn't sure how she was holding up. Slowly, the knight crept closer to the merfolk. One of them began to speak:

[B]"Fires, the fires shall burn all that you humans hold dear!"[/B]

[COLOR=#ffd700]"But there are innocents being harmed! If you have a problem, then just take it to the leaders of Morgana!"[/COLOR]

[B]"It's not that simple, human. We've tried you methods and now we have ours. Get him!"[/B]

The thrust of a trident whirred through the air as Kayden leapt back in time to avoid it. A second trident was now locked in a clash with the knight's Greatsword. The knight pushed his weight against the Greatsword, which broke the deadlock. With another slash, his sword met with the trident of a third merman, who grinned as their weapons met. It was one-on-three, and the knight still kept his eyes locked on the merman and the houses that burned in the distance.
[/FONT]

One of the human males shouted something out bringing and slowly the words translated, the merfolk were playing with an element that should be left to the disgusting humans. Just as she released her focus on moving the water about the ground, a young voiced called to her. This was not a language that took time to interpret this was a youth fish. A boy and his focus was now at her as he came running to her for protection. River's eyes moved back forward as the boy took to cling to her legs just as a human child would its mother's skirts. What she saw made her want to spit the vile taste from her mouth.

Three full grown men were chasing the boy, if she had known the way of people better she might have caught on about the amature styles. All she saw was a three foes coming at her for whatever reason though perhaps most likely the boy. Her focus now scattered to operate on many levels as what was allowed to her through her heritage and training. The armor against the boy slowly grew harder as she didn't trust anyone no matter the age. Her hands tightened slightly around the hilt of her swords while tying the river's waters to her movements. Each breath brought a rise and fall of the waters, each one growing with time.

The mermen were armed with a great sword, a halberd and the last with claws. Each exposing their preferences with their wielded weapons. The one with the halberd was the first to deal with as his weapon gave him a greater reach over the others. His arms pulling back directly before striking the weapon out with a lunge, he might have swung it but his proximity with the other two put him at a disadvantage of using the full potential. Her body shifted to the side avoiding the hazardous tip as well as allowing her movement to keep the boy out of direct harms way. "Fighting does not solve much. You should know this by example of the land walkers!"

Her dodge of the halbread put her in direct range of the great sword which at this point was wisely being swung inwards toward the pole of his partner, it might have meant the end of her but she had already tilted her head to let the spikes on her helmet to capture the edge and send it with the momentum forward while her right arm struck out with her blade. The edge doing well to catch the under surface of his arm. The tail he possessed giving him more height and keeping his vital area out of reach as of this moment. She was able to use the sense of water to keep track of her enemies movements.

The last of the three finding his prey at the wrong side of his ally. Instead he was forced to continue his path to get around the halberd. What all of them failed to notice was the river rising up even more now, the swelling swinging to the left just as she moved her body and then an arm striking out at a burning building as her sword struck out. The only problem that might result was the strength of her blow taking the water to hit the already weakened hut with a force that not only knocked that fire out but the roof as well.

The trident was thrust again, and Meliora parried with another slash of her sword. She was then locked into intense combat with the attacking merman, although not once did her rose quartz eyes stray to the burning huts without a rush of frustration and pity. The merman seemed to catch onto it, and made offending jibes that any hot-blooded warrior might have lost his temper with. [B]"So you prefer to fight while your precious huts burn? Serves you right, human! Watch now, as your people suffer and die--and know that you did not save them, that you fought us instead of save them!"[/B] Meliora simply narrowed her eyes at him and aimed a thrust the moment a weak spot was revealed. Of course, with something as large as a trident, he was able to block, and forced Meliora to dance off to another position to both avoid the pointed ends and to calculate her next move.

[COLOR="#EE82EE"][I]This cannot go on forever,[/I][/COLOR] she thought with pressing urgency as she noted Kayden locked in battle with three mermen. "[COLOR="#EE82EE"]I don't want to hurt you[/COLOR]," she called out to the merman she was fighting. "[COLOR="#EE82EE"]But you give me no choice if you attack me. There are more peaceful ways to settle things, if you can but try to listen.[/COLOR]" She saw the expected contempt creep its way into his eyes and lifted her shield to block another trident thrust, aimed much more aggressively at her than before.

[B]"Lies! All lies! That's what you humans always do, [I]lie[/I]!"[/B]

Meliora took the opportunity to sidestep behind him, reaching out two jabbing fingers to press into the middle of his back. She had no idea, really, if the pressure points of merfolk were any bit like that of a human's. But she was satisfied that it did something when she saw him fall half-paralyzed from the torso up.
[B]
"You...filthy...human..."[/B] he ground out.

"[COLOR="#EE82EE"]It won't kill you[/COLOR]," Meliora reassured him as she rushed over to Kayden, slashing her sword into the back of one of the mermen ganging up on him. That one whirled around and hissed ferociously at her, swinging its trident with the aim to skewer her. The armor she wore, plus the shield she used to push it away, saved her from becoming mer-shishkabob. "[COLOR="#EE82EE"]I hope you don't mind a little help[/COLOR]," she called out to the fellow Black Heart. "[COLOR="#EE82EE"]But if we want to get to those huts in time, it might as well require some teamwork.[/COLOR]"

[FONT=book antiqua]The woman, Meliora had subdued her foe by striking its pressure point and one of the others that had been clashing with Kayden. Another one attempted to land a thrust at the woman but she was saved by a raise of her shield which she used to deflect the blow. This created an opening which Kayden used to land a hit on both mermen and their weapons. The knight spun around and disarmed the last two mermen by striking their weapons with an upward slash of his sword. The two hissed as their weapons flew in the air and struck the ground behind the knight. They ran towards Morgana, most likely to bolster their numbers there. Kayden chose to deal with them later. From where he stood, he saw the stone well that was at the center of the burning huts. He had an idea.
[B]
"I hope you don't mind a little help,"[/B] she called out to the fellow Black Heart. [B]"But if we want to get to those huts in time, it might as well require some teamwork." [/B]

With a nod, he agreed and raised a hand towards the well.

[COLOR=#daa520]"There's a well at the center and some buckets! Use that water to douse the flames, I'll head in and check to see if any of the villagers escaped!"[/COLOR]

If the woman followed along, the two would work together to quell the flames and prevent anyone from being badly hurt. Heavy footsteps rushed towards the first of the huts. Just as a support beam collapsed, he heard it crash against a surface. He rushed in, shielding his eyes from the thick layer of smoke that bellowed from the hut.

[COLOR=#daa520]"Is anyone in here!"[/COLOR] he shouted, hoping that the answer was no.

A weak groan was heard to his left. He quickly knelt down as he saw him. A man had been trapped by a falling support beam that had crashed on his back. Kayden cringed as he saw that the support beam had crushed this man and that he only had a few moments to live. The knight acted quickly. Grasping the beam with both hands, he gave it a lift. His face contorted with the effort taken to support the weight of the beam.
[COLOR=#daa520]
"Go! Now!" [/COLOR]he roared at the man, who slowly made his way from the ground beneath the beam. Once he was out of way, Kayden let the beam crash back to the ground and knelt down, lifting the man and bearing his weight on his back. [COLOR=#daa520]"Come on, I'll get you out of here. Did everyone else make it out?"[/COLOR]

[B]"Yes, I helped them leave and I went back for my locket but then..."[/B]

[COLOR=#daa520]"I understand."[/COLOR]

The two escaped the hut and it went crashing to the ground, unable to withstand the intensity of the flames and the loss of two of its support beams. It collapsed into a pile of rubble and burning planks. The knights had lost one of the huts, but they could still douse the flames of the others and stop the fires from spreading.

Once they were outside, the man weakly headed towards the exit of Morgana City. The knight had, in a fit of rage, grabbed a bucket from beside the well and collected a bucket filled with water and slung it against the side of the other burning hut. Smoke streamed from the area that was doused. The knight did it again, blinded by his own feeling of inadequacy. If he hadn't taken his time taking down the mermen, then he could've saved that man from being pounced by a falling support beam. But now was not the time for that. He slung another bucket of water against the building. If Meliora had followed suit, then the two could save this hut from burning to the ground.
[/FONT]

[COLOR="#0000CD"]It appeared that the warriors and fighters were engaged in deep combat. For the most part they seemed to be doing all right, holding their own as they moved about quickly and with purpose. Even the guards had noticed the slight change of battle as the small group of warriors fought and acted against the merfolk. They too would step in and help where possibly, lending a hand here and there as needed; be it combat, first aid, or providing water for the burning huts. The River Trade District in Morgana was still in this craze as the rebellion was holding strong in the area, thankfully, the rest of Morgana was still unscathed from the attacks.

The little fish that ran to River's side would pull back as she moved. He too would dodge and stay clear from the battle, expressing obvious disinterest in being apart of this blood shed. His sparkling eyes watched in amazement as River fought and took down the three grown individuals that were just chasing him only moments ago. Her power to knock down the roof of a building, while it was already damaged, impressed him greatly as he remained locked upon her. But once the dust had settled, the small boy found his way to her side once more, this time standing in front of her as the battle was over. [/COLOR]

[B]"Thank you!"[/B]

[COLOR="#0000CD"]He said excitedly. He looked at her like she was his new found Hero. Regardless of her trust to him, he didn't care at this point. For the three that were once chasing him, they were now scurrying off in a hurry to avoid being killed or harmed any further. Apparently they felt that the boy wasn't worth their lives, but to analyze a novice was a truly difficult thing. Untrained, without a leader, the Merfolk fought on. Guards would come to their assistance, blocking off any other entry that may cause them harm or difficulty. Maybe the boy held information, or maybe it didn't seem odd at all for River to see one of their own being chased out like that. Regardless, he stood there as he thanked her with a smile on his face.
[/COLOR]
[spoiler]I was waiting for Esana to post. I'll send a pm her way to make sure she's still here. But you are all doing very well! Keep up the good work.[/spoiler]