Ayden

Curse of a Devil - Life's Roll

Leo Hawklight (25hp)

[COLOR="#0000CD"]It would be only two miles away from the protective walls of [URL="http://www.valucre.com/showthread.php/17219-General"]Morgana[/URL] that Leo would stand. The [URL="http://www.valucre.com/showthread.php/16886-Leo-Hawklight"]Knight of Diligence[/URL] had been working so hard to rebuild the city and assist the Black Queen, that his own past had finally caught up to him. While the precursor to this very moment would dictate the final outcome of this night, Leo stood wearily and tired. The beautiful white sand bellow him, the [URL="http://www.valucre.com/showthread.php/18496-Lore-Article-Valanian-Desert-The-White-Desert"]Valanian Desert[/URL], would stretch without flaw in every other direction. The vastness of the desert was perfect for such an occasion, and the two miles away from Morgana should be enough to suffice and withstand any devastating aftermath.

Heavy boots and black leggings covered his cherubic figure in the natural color of Orisia. A series of white bandages would be wrapped around the upper-half of his body. From his stomach, to chest, to even his arms and shoulders, only tiny slivers of a fine tanned skin would be revealed. His past injuries, from the night that he was forced to consume this evil, was only the beginning. He didn't want to leave Orisia, the Black Queen, or even Dollya for that matter. It was a decision from someone in his past, that was determined to bring him back home, against his will if need be, that placed him in this very situation.

Upon this sun setting day, with the moon beginning to peer above the horizon opposite of its counter, Leo's warm brown eyes watched. Even with his dark blue hair dangling around his face, the angelic creature stood still. The exhaustion written all over him was evident, and further more obvious when there would be another at his side like a loyal dog. The members of his Royal Court, roughly fifty men and women had taken up their distance, surrounding their Knight Commander as instructed with weapons in hand, with almost a three hundred meter circumference. James, a loyal Guard Officer was that one individual at his side. The dark haired man with his giant sword, dressed in full armor, kept a close eye on his companion. Even with the slight breeze from the wind, a nervous high tension string could be heard with every breath taken from every heart beat here. Leo stood there without his weapon, waiting for the others to answer his Call To Arms, waiting on his one true love to arrive.

Both black wings stretched seven feet to each side of his smaller body. It was obvious that the event to take place here could claim the life of many Orisian's, yet they chose to be here. None were forced to be here against their own will. As much as he didn't want to endanger these people, Morgana, or the rest of Orisia, the bonds he had created with these people had grown ever so stronger. They all understood the situation at hand, and how this was not his fault. They all understood what the cost of this night could be. Within the giant circle, James and Leo waited. The angelic creature would have sweat dripping from his face in clear representation that the time was near. Like a ticking clock, or an upside down hourglass, the last of the sand would soon fall upon this beautiful white desert, where the three demon's would be released...[/COLOR] Edited by Ayden

[INDENT][u]Moirae Solenne[/u] [b][25 HP][/b][/INDENT]

...So it comes down to this.

Three coinpurses in a heap, a single back-alley pot, one more throw away and the winner takes all. Moirae supersticiously blows on the dice as he juggles them within a bare right hand, sweet-whisperin' as he maintains the kingshake ever smoothly. Come on baby, papa needs a new pair of everything...

[sub]"ch'[/sub] [sup][i]POW![/i]"[/sup]

[roll0]

The clammer against stonewalk was a skeleton's teeth chattering, bones thrown [i]for bones[/i] and in a dog-eat-because he just got paid kind of world. (Shielding eyes upon sight) "GOD-DAMNIT!" Imagine that. My 'luck-be-a-lady-tonight' isn't feeling all that lucky tonight.

(Chuckling heartily) "You lose my friend!" The merchant rakes in all three with a swiftness that could [i]only[/i] come from every-day practice. Nice little con he's got here, I like it. "Yeah, well..." The loser digs the vision deeper into tophat as he swallows defeat, though his guest seems determined to play the merchant immediately. "At least I'll still make it to Nvengaria," says the man. A sobering thought. Moirae stands to draw the victor's attention, extends the naked left hand to shake a dice-throw better than his. "Well, it was fun to play, at least." It was met with the eyes, a larger left hand, and a devilish smile. The bard couldn't help but smile back. Oh yes my friend, do come again my friend, funny that they weren't friends before he'd lost. Also funny that he's so chatty right now, just when his attention matters most. That's why if you are to ever buy them a drink you buy them Jaeger-Meister--one hears that shit will rot the brains.

(Repeating in the distance) "CALL TO ARMS!"

The acoustics in alleyways make for foreboding sounds the same way they stretch shadows crossing the opening. It was sheer luck this alley-opening happened to be next to the city's gates however, and that it would be so easy to catch wind of the situation. Nice excuse to finally depart from the Poor Man's Gamble, and makes for a quick way out, too--the noisy crowd of the armor-laden Court was just now passing by. The bard leaves two men still staring the hype down until it fades from their atmosphere and turns the corner a building-length behind. Now it's time to run, they'd just now be noticing all the coin and dice were M.I.A., soon the same a [b]M.[/b]O.[b]I.[/b]R.[b]A.[/b]E. One should take pride in the need to keep others on their toes. Out the city gates we go just before night is set to fall, what perfect timing we have. As the camera zooms out, a figure is seen walking offset to the Royal Court and their 2 mile trek--to the extend of walking on bare terrain instead of path. A man wearing neither gloves nor armor (because we must be slim, light, and quick) but simply a dress shirt with suspenders to deepwater darkcotton below.

As Moirae meets their pace, he lifts tophat from head to allow his gloves to escape. One holds the dice, one is folded within his own knotted coinpurse so that he may 'reel' it back once they take their eyes off the game. The left with dice also scoops two additional coinpurses hidden a'top the head before dumping items within rigorously-organized pockets. The left of flesh unties the knot as the right glove puffs into a full-hand depth and escapes, only to drop said coinpurse untied within the appropriate pocket. With both pairs of hands now free he pulls the tophat upside-down as if it is a pocket aswell--which it is, with pencils lining the stalk like seams of a barrel and notepads stacked in a tie to the under-top. Paper and pencil were soon in-hand as he begins to paraphrase their comments, copy them verbatim, causing him to blindtrip along the occassional uneven sand, to make noise and draw attention. Members of the group take notice and hush their gossip, to which the bard simply drops to their complete rear-flank and in-line with path. A baneweed cigarette is lit like a professional (and held always in lips like one too) with only one hand to boot. Best way to get those people to stop staring is to position yourself the most uncomfortable for their necks to bare, and as he writes madly the gloves lift tophat again to retrieve another pair of pad-and-pen. They now jot-wildly as well, though at a different rhythm. He continues to follow them an earshot behind all the way to main attraction, shuffling the eyes between separate hands writing separate thoughts. Puff, puff.
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT](Pencil scribblings)[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT](Pencil scribblings)[/INDENT][/INDENT]

[I][U]Vanath (25 hp)[/U][/I]

Vanath's hood flapped in the wind as the ship he was sailing on grew closer to the isle of Orisia. It would be dark within a few hours, but the ship was on course to meet the docks before then. Vanath was reading a book about the city of Morgana. He seemed very interested in reading about the city's defensive wall. He was intrigued at the thought of its massive quantity made of crystal produced from the sands of the Valanian Desert. He paused for a moment and looked towards the captain, "Will we be able to take the river into the city? Or will we have to set shore?" The captain chuckled a bit and noted there was no need to set shore. His ship was more than capable of traversing the river to the city docks.

Vanath continued reading. He enjoyed the salty smell of the ocean, and the cool breeze comforted him. He was enjoying his first trip across the ocean. And he was curious as to where his adventure would take him. Afterall he was traveling to Morgana because he was interested in visiting the Wishing Well. He had heard stories of its never-ending depth, and his curiosity was stricken of the possibility. He had hopes that the well truly granted wishes, and wanted information from the locals if this was true. He knew it was nearly impossible to bring his deceased parents back to life. But he would go to the ends of the universe in search of any possibility.

The wind began to slowly die down, as the ship began to sail into Orisia. Vanath grasped the hood of his robe and pulled it over his head. He was an outsider to the Isle and he didn't want to call attention to himself. He approached the captain and asked how much farther was the city inland. The captain informed him it wasn't much further and told Vanath not to worry. The captain had sailed to Morgana several times, and informed Vanath that they welcomed outsiders. Not soon after the ship docked. Vanath gathered his staff and prepared himself to enter the city. He reached into his pouch to pay the captain, and thanked him kindly. He hopped out of the ship and onto the docks. He looked up and was mesmerized by walls of the city, for they were nothing like he imagined. Edited by vanath

Burning red eyes stared at the gathering outside the city walls. Emotion unfathomable with the combination of feral good looks and simply plain expression. Fiery red scales flickered with the torched fires used to hold a light on the spectacle below. The paws folded over each other in a way that simply brought a lazy look over the beast. One might have dismissed it for a painted statue if the tail wasn't flicking back and forth as if a pendulum on a clock.

Sted'ara left her paws settled on the shaft of her halberd while she continued to observe the crowd of guards. Actually if she didn't know who the man in the middle was, she might have thought these guards were drugged to think the man a dragon. Not sure why they were out there like that, but certain that staying there would eventually reveal the purpose of the display. With the business of her fellow comrades, she had nothing to do for a the time being so her presences there would annoy only those she watched with care.

Perhaps even have a chance to prove to that Hawklight she was capable of fighting as well. That was if these guards decided to turn on him. Or maybe he was supposed to give up his position and wasn't having any of it. Then she could watch as these people attacked him and see how well he could fight. But then again, he could just fly off with those wings and never look back.

[FONT=Garamond][COLOR="#008080"][box]Dollya DuGrace[/box]

Somehow she had managed to return, but who would follow her after delivering her message was still to be seen. And she could hold nothing against anyone for Orisia was experiencing some of its worst growing pains since the nation had been established. The Noble Seven, now more than ever, were required throughout different parts of the country. But she had returned, knowing full well that her place was here, besides her commander and knight—knowing that she would live or die to defend his life because he was as important to Orisia as the Black Queen herself. Yes, Dollya understood the chain of command, and knew that while she may have been a princess and the eldest daughter of the Queen, her title meant little if she could not defend a true leader.

And so she came from the dunes of the sand, clad in black armor that should have weighed her down or caused her discomfort due to excessive heat—but should anyone lay a hand upon her flesh they would feel that she was cold as ice. Even her small frame, which carried upon it armor that nearly weighed as much as she, she was able to move with stealth and grace all thanks to her heightened strength. She wondered vaguely if Alukai would come, he had taken her to Drakiss but she had lost sight of him after—while attending to her duties.

Coming upon Leo, she looked at him with a distant sort of nostalgia, as if she had not seen him in many years but had managed to remember him fondly. Truth be told, it had been so many months since they had shared any sort of private moment—and though she would never admit it, she missed it terribly. And now here they were, and soon he would be fighting for his life, and the fact that they might very well never again share a quiet and still moment together made her heart heavy.

“My Lord,” she spoke soft, announcing herself as she came round his left flank. For a moment she admired his black wings, and then came to stand at his side, a hand set firmly upon the pommel of her sword, which had not yet been drawn. “I’ve delivered your message to the Queen—she said she would come, but—we’ve had no word from her in nearly three days now. Tenebre tells us that she traveled to Terrenus, surely for diplomatic reasons, but as of now I do not believe we can count with her presence. As for the other knights, I suppose we’ll soon see if any could make the time to travel across the desert and mountains.”

There she stopped, and then her bright sea-blue and green eyes looked him up and down. She was wide-eyed and amused for a moment, wearing a curious half smile, “—that’s not the color of the Black Heart, have you forsaken us already?”
[/COLOR][/FONT]

A message was sent to the home land, others were in the works of responding. Traveling far from the capital[URL="http://www.valucre.com/showthread.php/16003-Wollfe-Justus"] Justus [/URL]left all modern means of travel behind him, using the very gifts that he was born with as an Original of his kind. Vampires came with all sorts of different gifts, all very different when compared. Speed and flight came with the package, although flight came to those of ancient age.

Dressed in armor of black onyx color Justus stood with his helm resting on the pommel of his sword. The onyx stone that graced the top of the blade was well hidden, though the symbol of the Black Heart was a new piece of art that graced the blade that was hidden in it's sheath. Justus answered the call of the Knights, to join his brothers and sisters in what seemed to be some sort of gathering. The peace before the storm. Watching the parade of soldiers and a few other knights march out of the gates, he found himself swaying to the sound of their feet hitting the sand. Leaning ever so slightly forward Justus would fall from the walls that surrounded the city, taking off in a blinding speed.

It wouldn't be long till Justus found himself behind the others of his order, his power lightly prickling from his body. The rush of his power being used after a long trip proved he was well fed, and ready to unleash what he had on whomever decided to stand against them. Strands of his long black hair would wisp lightly against his forehead, as he would lightly clear his throat. His presence had to be known by now, and hopefully welcomed.

[B][I][URL="http://www.valucre.com/showthread.php/18796-Meliora-Launceleyn?highlight=Meliora+Launceleyn"][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Meliora Launceleyn[/COLOR][/URL][/I] [25 HP][/B]

Meliora's cloak fluttered solemnly in the wind as she watched the Princess Dollya talk with the bandaged Knight of Diligence. She didn't miss the Call to Arms, not when she'd just been on duty in Morgana City. As her feet shifted in the white sands, she couldn't help but feel a certain sadness to the air. Like something tragic was going to happen. Tragic and dangerous. She'd been well aware of Sir Leo Hawklight's condition for a while now, but didn't think it would end up with something like this. Seeing his ailing form at the center of the magic circle, pale skin sweating, black wings spread against the contrasting backdrop of the white Valanian Sands, she felt a sinking feeling in her stomach that was both urgency and pity. The grip on her sword tightened, and her rose quartz eyes revealed no emotion. Such things would have to be buried deep within the folds of one's psyche, where they would not become an obstruction.

The city was loud and the streets were rampant with Marketers selling mass amounts of goods. Vanath had never seen such a huge market. There was so much commotion he could only scarcely gather his thoughts. So much information being thrown around, Vanath was a man always curious of his surroundings. Although one thing stood out amongst the crouded market communication. There were several words being tossed about a "Call to Arms" and the Valanian Desert. Although he had his sights on visiting the famous Wishing Well, Vanath thought to himself [I]'Maybe it would be a good idea to see what all this commotion is about.'[/I]

In the distance, Vanath could see the entrance to the city and even further the pale white sands of the Valanian Desert. He continued to walk towards the desert, bumping into a few people along the way. He made sure to great the people with a pleasant apology and continue on his way towards the city gates. It was a long walk. Along the way Vanath kept his ears alert and gained some information about this Leo character and his Royal Court. They were gathering in the desert away from Morgana. But for what reason was currently unknown. Vanath stopped by a vendor to fill his water pouch for the short journey in the desert. He then gathered himself, and set off for the desert.

After a short time Vanath could finally see a small crowd off in the distance. He was close to finding out what the "Call to Arms" was all about. He noticed they were spread out in a lareg circle and was curious as to what was actually happening. He decided to lower his hood so the strangers would not see him as such a threat. As he approached the group he noticed most of the people seemed to be well armored knight's or warriors. He slowly approached one of them and asked about the Call to Arms. He was quickly forwarded towards Leo's direction and was told the story of how he was forced to consume 3 demons and they were to be released here in order to be destroyed. This puzzled him for a moment. He wasn't sure how to react at first. He wasn't one to normally indulge in matters such as this, outside his own environment. But somewhere inside him he had a gut-wrenching feeling of sympathy towards the man named Leo. He thought to himself for a moment, [I]'Should I stay and help this man, or should I leave with haste and put these thoughts behind me? I do not know this man, but why do I feel such sympathy for him?'[/I]

Vanath paused for a short moment and began to walk through the circle made of men and women ready to fight for their leader. He bowed slightly towards Leo and said ,"Good evening sir. My name's Vanath." he leaned back into an upright position, " I heard about your "Calling" and being the peculiar person that I am I ventured here to see for myself what all the commotion was about. I've been told what is to happen this evening." Vanath firmly thrust his staff into the white sand and continued, "I know we do not know each other, but I feel I may be of service in helping abolish these so called demons from this world."

Leo Hawklight (24hp)

[COLOR="#0000CD"]His warm brown eyes watched as the people slowly flooded in. Of course he only was searching for one in particular. While he was happy inside to see that so many people were coming to his aid, it also brought a sense of sadness with it. The kinetic static of tense energy running through the circle, mixed with confused emotions would not help. The feeling of someone's death, or a dear friend who was innocent, was preparing for his execution. Leo knew, that even with all of this help, there would be blood and death upon his hands.

It wasn't until Dollya stepped behind him and to his side that he finally felt a form of release. Each breath he took served its purpose as he waited for her to close in. Even James knew to let her through, and the Guard would even offer her a slight nod of approval. It appeared that her presence alone, one of Royalty, was enough to calm some of the nerves that ran amuck. Leo couldn't have been any more lucky to have someone like her. He knew, he would have to return this favor to her one day. With her came several other Knight's of the Order, wearing the color of Black. Beads of water mixed with a splash of salt continued to streak down his round face as he looked at Dollya, listening to her words.

“—that’s not the color of the Black Heart, have you forsaken us already?”

He could sense her teasing tone from a mile away. Leo couldn't help but offer the beauty before him a soft smile, even if something so simple was strenuous. A single step forward had caught James' attention. Coming to square off with Dollya, he couldn't help but lean in and wrap his arms around her. How he had missed her so much, and regretted that this was what it took to bring them back to each other's company. Even as he leaned in, catching the scent of her hair, while his hands rested tiredly upon her hips, he spoke to her. [/COLOR]

[B]"They complained when I requested black bandages."[/B] [COLOR="#0000CD"]He joked with her silently. Surly she would understand why black bandages would be a problem that any doctor or nurse would explain. Only after that, he would share a soft kiss upon her cheek, one that was way overdue. [/COLOR][B]"Did you bring the box?"[/B] [COLOR="#0000CD"]He asked curiously as his heavy breaths continued to increase with each word spoken. Leo knew that she wouldn't have forgotten it, she couldn't have! The angelic creature wouldn't even dare think of the possibility that she didn't bring the required item. It was only during this moment, that another man was approaching them.

James quickly side stepped and countered the man, allowing Dollya and Leo to have their moment. [B]"Vanath."[/B] James spoke greeting the man in a polite manner, trying not to appear rude while maintaining proper security. [/COLOR][B]"My name is James, and we thank you for being here. Your assistance, any assistance for that matter, is greatly appreciated. So please, prepare yourself for battle."[/B] [COLOR="#0000CD"]The guard officer spoke while looking to the sky. It was almost time.[/COLOR] [B]"Everyone, prepare yourselves!"[/B][COLOR="#0000CD"] He yelled to those around him before turning back to Dollya and Leo.[/COLOR] [B]"Dollya, the men and women will need you to lead us in this battle."[/B][COLOR="#0000CD"] Perhaps this would come as a shock to her, but it was true. He spoke on behalf of Leo, who remained unflinching by the statement. He needed her to step up, for she would be the highest ranking person qualified for such a task.[/COLOR]

[INDENT][URL=http://www.valucre.com/showthread.php/18356-Moirae-Solenne]Moirae Solenne[/URL] [b][25 HP][/b][/INDENT]

[quote name='Dollya DuGrace']
"--that's not the color of the Black Heart, have you forsaken us already?"
[/QUOTE]

[INDENT][quote name='Vanath']
"...I may be of service in helping abolish these so called demons from this world."
[/QUOTE][/INDENT]

(Humming) "Mmm'hmm, mmhmm." Tunes of satisfaction while both pens are in a scrabble scramble. The bard is now making his way through the crowd in an ambulance-authority, shooting forgiveness before forcing himself to the center. It's not a matter of how small the gap is to invade. 'Sorry!', 'S'cuuuse me', 'Permesso!' (as they say in Renovatio), 'Excusez-moi!' (as it is in Le'Chery), 'Por favor!' (as once-heard in Coconino Marsh). Bumps are given unique apologies with a rather impressive span of dialect and practiced intonations--that is, until reaching inner core and stopping directly behind [URL=http://www.valucre.com/showthread.php/16003-Wollfe-Justus]Justus[/URL]. We wouldn't want to bump into [i]that[/i], no, [i]certainly not[/i]. Oh woah, almost bumped into [URL=http://www.valucre.com/showthread.php/22113-Sted-ara]this![/URL] A tophat which so easily surf'd between shoulders so-far comes to an abrupt stop.

[INDENT][INDENT][quote name='James']"Everyone, prepare yourself!"[/QUOTE][/INDENT][/INDENT]

(Raises eyebrow)

[b]...?[/b]

(Underbreath) "...What?"

The tourist is genuinely taken off-guard. The 2-mile gossip from crowd (at least in his section) was nothing more than sympathetic anecdotes, shared experiences of an esteemed Commander. No facts on the present! Certainly no jokes of treason. A hype of demons and a devil, of how dreary a day like today is in Morgana, a bigger-picture framed by run-ons of our brave and beloved Diligence. A looksee around dead-sober faces makes it seem like he's the only one here [i]not[/i] in the loop. Prepare ourselves? This looks like the pre-game huddle you'd expect when doing so. This is just the [b]Call[/b] to Arms part, right? The impression of urgency stops the writing, corrects a tilt of hat which until now hid the face above nostrils, then causes Moirae to heighten to tippy-toes and peek a full circle 'round the bend. Don't see anybody coming... A hand ashes the spliff then returns it to mouth, baneweed continues to smoke-trail with the wind. Above, maybe? Eyes are to the skies in an equally uninterrupted scan. Nothin' at all? What exactly are we all here for? Drifters don't need to keep up-to-date with politics.

[INDENT][quote name='James']
"Dollya, the men and women will need you to lead us in this battle."[/QUOTE][/INDENT]

This is startin' to get weird. First it seems like that ( 웃 ☜ ) guy's in control, then [i]that[/i] ( ☞ 웃 ) guy, now all of a sudden this Dollya ( 유 ) is? The eyes juggle them, trying to discern anything in the small line-of-sight packed between armor-plated shoulders. 'I don't get it', he repeats internally. Can't seem to translate the facial expressions of any one around eith--[i]hmm[/i]. The glance is reeled back and the eyes widen in a natural reaction. One-mississippi, two-mississippi, now curiousity gets the best of him. The head turns ever-so slyly as he masters the peripheral, looking just across the way in a small-sea of faces. [i]Wow[/i]. Again he shies away, again counting because the sight had stirred all of the foolish blood within him--it was only a matter of time before looking again. As pens and pads are returned to tophat the gloves return to places at hands, what he likes to consider as 'sheathing' them. Now a single pair of hands are stretched in the narrow crawlspace he was allowed, the knuckles are cracked by habit, he loosens the body with fluent movement to ease and let it breathe. Still anxiously counting with eyes forward. That was, until now: he musters the strength for a shameless look at [URL=http://www.valucre.com/showthread.php/18796-Meliora-Launceleyn]her[/URL] from head ([i]Damn![/i]) down to toes ([i]...Damn![/i]) and full-package back up to head again ([i][b]...Day-umm'uh![/b][/i]). Okay, that's probably enough, back to toking this baneweed and the situation. Edited by Off Topic

[COLOR="#008080"][FONT=Garamond][box]Dollya DuGrace[/box]

Whatever emotion commanded the young heart of the blue-eyed beauty it was completely hidden in her cool demeanor. Even the pride she felt was lost among the iciness of her stare as Meliora and Justus took their positions not too far behind her. She felt their strength, was touched by the determination and loyalty that had brought them so far from their own endeavors to aid the good Knight of Diligence. But she could also feel the stifling tension that was being radiated, thicker than the desert heat that rose from the white sands. Tilting her head, she peered back at the young pink-haired woman and beyond her at the handsome black-haired man. They looked ready, both with hands set upon their weapons, and their eyes turned toward the sky. Satisfied, she looked away, and returned her gaze to Leo who had finally become aware of her presence.

Much to her surprise he broke protocol and revealed his tenderness for her--something that made her uncomfortable. But it had been so long since last she felt the touch of his flesh against her skin that even as she thought it inappropriate, her head tilted to meet the soft caress of fingertips against her cheeks. The touch quickly turned into an embrace, which she unfortunately could not feel much of under her heavy black armor. Still, the sentiment was not lost and for the first time in along time a smile broke across her pale lips.

Dollya smiling was a wondrous sight.

"My blood serves you, Knight of Diligence--you've no need for bandages." To this she tilted her head, revealed her throat, and made a very obvious implication that he could if he wished drink her blood. Vampyric blood had a number of beneficial properties--when taken in moderation of course, such as healing advantages that could have come in quite handy at this moment. But his mind was elsewhere and he seemed more intent on finding out if she had brought the box.

"No--the box is not with me, but it is near and well within my grasp." Still, she did not know what that box healed because she had kept her promise not to peak within. And although the box was still in its bidding spot, high above the city in the one of the many abandoned mining shafts--it would take but a moment of concentration to reach in through the shadows and bring it to this place and this time. There was no chance to gauge a reaction from Leo, because no sooner had she finished speaking that James stepped forward and informed her that it was up to her to lead them into battle.

Immediately a frown touched her brows before her eyes flickered back to Leo's face. "I cannot do that--I am but a squire, I don't even have a proper military title. You are our commander Leo, you must lead us." For the first time since this had started Dollya looked a little--unsettled.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Finally, the words of the Knight Commander, overseer and Lord of Morgana, had brought to the light of moon that there was to be a battle. A fight so grand that it required so many to show and more still coming. This was the chance she wanted. Sted'ara paid no mind to the words slipping from the mouths of his friends or comrades. Her seat had started at a nearly indecent distances from Hawklight, but when the guards and soldiers arrived, her place wasn't that indecent.

Her body was rising to its full standing height. Her head coming even with many of these fighters' shoulders. As she had been there long enough for some of the men and women to become acceptable with the beast laying at their feet, with her sudden movement, the uneasiness grew to near visible shudders. It might have been even more alarming if the rumors of Prince Lucis wasn't so grandeur. Within a blink of an eye, the scaled beast was gone as it melted away to the girl that had been so prevalent at fighting in Castle Height's garden not too long ago.

Most shifters would find themselves left with only their skin to hide the secrets of their lives, but her body was still clothed with the wonderful cloth granted to her from the people of Morgana. Fingers wrap about the heavy shaft of the halberd that had recently been tucked under massive paws. Pulling it to stand at her side, her bloody eyes looked forward to view the center of all the commotion.

He called for battle and her blood sang with war. Stepping forward, she wove her way past soldiers. James obtaining a smile from her as she recognized him. But the others were unknown and so she could only gauge them in a way so similar to her mother as she attempted to judge their usefulness in a fight. Then she saw her. The woman of cold that had left her high and dry the first night she had come to this land. Except this time she knew who the woman was.

"If you found offense in my request you should tell me I was a fool rather than proving it by leaving me standing about like a fool!" Fire seemed to wither inside Sted'ara's eyes as she glared at the first DuGrace to cross her path. "But now is not your moment, Sir Hawklight....allow me to battle with you and your soldiers." Her tone had been near dripping with poison when addressing Dollya, but almost like flipping a switch, her voice was full of excitement and hope when talking to the mummy in middle.

Only once he gave her permission would she turn to the others that were present. "Name's Sted'ara. Happy to fight along side you."

(25hp)

Justus would step closer to Dollya moments after the private moment Leo had with her, after words from James announced that Dollya would be the leader into this great battle. The words would echo through the crowd that had joined them, with those who swore to fight beside Leo and the knights that chose to stand beside him. Not completely sure of what was going to before them in this fight, one thing was for sure Justus had faith in those around him.

The knight of Purity would bring his left hand up to rest on Dollya's shoulder, leaving the right free to grab for his blade of onyx if need be. Giving her shoulder a tight squeeze, he would let his silver eyes pierce her own. "I know you can do this Dollya, fear not you have allies behind you every step of the way." Dropping his hand back to his side, he would give her a nod of his head with a brief reassuring smile. Letting his eyes move between Leo, James and Dollya he would feel the presences of many others who would freely join in their cause.

Shifters and many others of sorts joined them, their energies could be felt lightly by him. Their smells were very distinct, every detail of their auras would be memorized by the ancient vampire. Even though she was but his Squire, Leo seemed to have trusted her with so much even to lead them all into battle. Justus trusted that she could do this, that she would earn more after this was over.

[B][I][URL="http://www.valucre.com/showthread.php/18796-Meliora-Launceleyn?highlight=Meliora+Launceleyn"][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Meliora Launceleyn[/COLOR][/URL][/I] [25 HP][/B]

"[COLOR="#EE82EE"]I have not known you very well[/COLOR]," Meliora said to Dollya as she too made her way up. "[COLOR="#EE82EE"]But I believe you can do it. Like Justus said, you have allies behind you.[/COLOR]" She smiled briefly at the squire and princess and then gave a respectful bow of her head to both squire and Knight. "[COLOR="#EE82EE"]Meliora Launceleyn, and I am more than happy to lend my strength in this fight. You can count on it.[/COLOR]" And then she drew back, a little off to the side of Justus and Sted'ara. She couldn't help but look back into the crowd for a bit, and then contemplate on the weird feeling she had some moments ago, like someone was watching her. It wasn't such a big deal when she was talking to Dollya and Leo; in fact, it was gone by then; but before that, when she was still standing in the crowd, she had felt as if someone had their eyes on her. Like they were sizing her up.

[I][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Must have been my imagination,[/COLOR][/I] the Knight of Self-Sacrifice thought dismissively.

Leo Hawklight [24hp]

[COLOR="#0000CD"]He did what he did best, and listened. Leo had assumed James would nominate Dollya to take the lead, but he could easily sense her hesitation. What role would she take if she did not lead these people? Would she fight side by side with them? If only he had more time to train with her, these uncertainties, in a time where they were not needed, would not exist. So it was in his silence, a silence that was all too familiar with Dollya, that he would offer her a soft nod and smile. She could do it. But if she chose not to, then he knew that James or any other could just as easily step in. There was so much support here, even from the crazy woman who spoke to Dollya with a poisonous tongue. As each took their turn, he only offered a simple nod of acceptance. The more here to stop this, the sooner this nightmare was over, the better for all.

It was during this brief moment, that Leo finally spoke up for one last time.[/COLOR] [B]"When the demons are at their most weakness, most vulnerable, open the box upon them."[/B][COLOR="#0000CD"] He had faith. Upon this starry night, it seemed everyone held some faith in each other to some extent. Leo knew he wasn't wrong to rely on her so much. She was the only family he had here in Orisia. Despite her want of him taking charge, she would soon see why such a request was impossible to accept. As the moon aligned center of the sky, Leo's eyes would snap wide open. Taking a few awkward steps backwards, as if trying to give his own comrades space, a strong wind would push through. The random wind would sweep and kick up sand in every-which-direction as the Knight took center stage.

Black hues filled the whites of his eyes as the wind circled his very body. Both heavy black wings fluttered, as if breathing on their own. The white bandages would rip from his body, slowly falling onto the ground. Only a few pieces of the white cloth would remain attached, seemingly stuck in his waistband as they flapped around in the wind flow. Slowly, as if gravity was reversing itself upon the angel, his feet would be lifted from the ground. One foot after another would be taken off the ground as his body became slowly animated, almost like a puppet on invisible strings. Almost ten to twenty feet into the air, the tranced Knight would hold. His mouth would open, and out would come an impossible scream that echoed through the night. The low scream, almost like a roar of a thousand tigers, ripped across the sand, sending chills into many of the soldiers below.

As if on queue, three intangible figures broke away from Leo. Massive creatures, ten times the size of any fighter on the field, broke free with giant wings, talons, claws, fangs. Each one lined up in a row above Leo, connected to the middle demon by a seamless chain. As they flew around each other, and those on the battle field, the chains would never cross or cut through the other, but flow freely. The middle demon, the largest of the three, remained still as it hovered over the Angel. A single chain, much like the others that attached itself to the other two, would remain connected to the Angel below him who was no longer in control. It seemed, that the three demons would use Leo however, and speak to those around them.[/COLOR]

[B]"Kuru, Nuru... kill them... Yes Shi..."[/B]

[COLOR="#0000CD"]It would seem odd to hear Leo speak these words that echoed loudly, but they were obviously not his own. The middle demon, Shi, would watch as the other two would fly in and begin their assault. With blood red eyes, each one looked unique in their own ways, unique ways that would be revealed in due time. It only took seconds for their forms to finally come to a tangible state, with the exception of the chains, so they could attack and be attacked. Close to the ground, the two would come to deliver death in a test to all as the third remained still. If one were able to observe through the sandy wind, they would take note of the middle demon. It was as if he were watching, silent, and waiting...[/COLOR]

[spoiler][IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/25sa1qh.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=2]
What the demons look like, but with large demonic wings, scales, and the chains wrapped up around them. Credit for this pic goes to the artist, not me, from deviant art. Awesome pic.[/SIZE]

[/spoiler] Edited by Ayden