Valucre
supernal

Opportunities in Terrenus

These positions are no longer offered through the Terran market and are exclusive to this thread.. So if you want to carve out a piece of the nation and plant your flag on it, or contribute to the lore, or influence what already exists, create and organize events, cultures, tribes, etc and so on, then this is the thread for you. 

Rather than create a site culture where everyone is managing resources, I want to have people actually interacting as well. Creating opportunities for everyone they take and everyone taking advantage of those opportunities too.

If taking up one of the area Opportunities (town, village, etc), note the square miles per selection and also that the suggest population are minimum-maximum ranges for that size so feel free to land anywhere between the ranges. Rural population is for an area comparable to a medieval kingdom in terms of architecture and population density, where Dense population is comparable to a modern city.

An idea of the things you can do or become:

• 6x 5x influential politicians (any city) - Influential politicians are established entities, elected into office, and able to create and influence local politics or establish unions to influence national politics.
  • 3x 2x Master Captains of the Guard (any city) -  Basically the chief of police for the city in question, able to create, influence and enforce criminal law.
  • 3x 2x Large Gang Leaders (any city) - You basically become an influential member of the underworld, able to create and influence criminal activity.
  • 3x leaders of industry - An influential business leader whose means of amassing a personal fortune contributes positively to the country in some way. Able to influence economics and generate new technology. 
  • 10x ministers of politics
  • 10x junior industry mavens
  • 2x Barony (any location ~700 miles removed from a city). No longer offered through Opps thread.
    • 70 square miles
    • Population - rural (comparable to medieval demographics): 7,000
    • Population - dense (comparable to a modern city or metro area): 70,000
    • Ex: Predator's Keep: 70 square miles, 20,000 population. 
  • 5x 3x Towns (any location ~500 miles removed from a city)
    • 35 square miles
    • Population - rural (comparable to medieval demographics): 3,500
    • Population - dense (comparable to a modern city or metro area): 35,000
  • 5x Villages (any location ~350 miles removed from a city).
    • 17 square miles
    • Population - rural (comparable to medieval demographics): 1,750
    • Population - dense (comparable to a modern city or metro area): 17,500
    • Ex: Manhattan is 22 sq. mi. and 1.6 million people
  • 7x Chiefdoms (any location ~200 miles removed from a city).
    • 8 square miles
    • Population - rural (comparable to medieval demographics): 875 - 3,000
  • 10x x8 Tribes (any location) -  Pick a section of Terrenus and plant your tribe. 
    • 4 square miles
    • Population - rural (comparable to medieval demographics): 50 - 500
  • Join the Terrenus military (unlimited positions)
    • Especially Diplomats, TITAN and HERB
  • Teach at the Gaian Academy (Full class list)
  • Join the priesthood (unlimited positions)

So is a "promise of activity"? It's pretty straightforward. The stipulation is that when you volunteer for a role, whether with an existing character or a new character, you actually put that role to use. If you're a politician, do political things. If you're a gang leader, do criminal things and if you're a cop, stop the criminals. If you lose interest in the role message me so I can make it available again, no harm, no foul. Do your best to generate activity and opportunities for other players. 

Please note that regents and barons established through this thread are government supported, and in order to hold a regent office (as opposed to claiming through conflict or other RP) you have to be a citizen. You can be native to another location but to be a regent through the official channels you would need to hold loyalty to Terrenus. This means passing an Inquisitor's test, making it hard to lie about loyalty.

Can I make my own place?
As mentioned above users are encouraged to create tribes, villages, towns, etc at will. Simply users that volunteer here and show an organized effort at stimulating activity will get me as their roleplay concierge. I've helped bring dozens of ideas to life in Terrenus. This does not mean your location will be added to the map.

Can I own more than one place?
Members can and are encouraged to claim multiple locations via roleplay, but as far as asking for a location or a role you can only get one by volunteering. Rare exceptions will be made in cases where the requesting member shows unusual dedication.

Claimed/Released/Unavailable
Now that said, rather than tell you all of the things you can do and run my fingers to the bone, let me tell you what you can't and save us all a bunch of time.

Claimed in this thread (updated 2016-10-24)

Spoiler
  1. Leader of Industry - Dancing in Lunar Rays (Casper)
  2. Large Gang Leader - Pad (Caliban Shipping Company - Palgard)
  3. Town leader (which has grown to barony in title (got a subboard) organically) - Tristwich (starter), Fae (current leader) (Tazarek)
  4. Town leader (which has since grown to barony organically) - Red the Ambivalent (Predator's Keep)
  5. Tribe leader - supernal (light-bearers)
  6. Leader of Industry - SylverRose (Rosenberg Industries - Blairville)
  7. Tribe Leader - HELLruler (Striking Hope)
  8. Tribe Leader - Don Valence (Adherents of the Golden Path)
  9. Influential Politician - Asterdon Anvillian
  10. Master Captain of the Guard - Spacegy4 (Tia)
  11. Chiefdom Leader - Lilium (Shawnee)
  12. Leader of Industry - Spacegy4 (Palgard)
  13. Chiefdom Leader - Roan (Great Pine Barrens)
  14. Large Gang Leader - Off Topic (Last Chance)
  15. Master Captain of the Guard - Avercus (Tia)
  16. Barony position (Shuwen) - Coconino Barony
  17. Influential Politician - Cadmium
  18. Tribe Leader - Genkuro (Athentha)

Off limits for personal board-leader type reasons

Spoiler
  1. Any city not already claimed
  2. Dead Peaks
  3. Herbie's Bed
  4. Ponkapoag Lake

Already Claimed or Currently "Locked": Unlike other areas, these can't be volunteered for as they are already claimed. 

Spoiler
  1. Patia and Marlboro Keep: Regency position filled (by Roen).
  2. Tia: Regency position filled (by Amenities).
  3. Blairville: Regency position filled (by Suta)
  4. Ashville: Regency position filled (by Acies ab Vesania)
  5. Casper: Regency position filled (by Lastlight)
  6. Last Chance: Regency position filled (by Noko).
  7. Weland: Regency positioned filled (by PandaHat)
  8. Hell's Gate: Regency position filled (by Praetorian)
  9. No Man's Land: Area claimed (by Sisterhood of Witches & Faustus and the Frost Giants).
  10. Forbidding Hills; Blaurg Mountain: Area claimed (by Alexander the witch-king)
  11. (Partial) Dead Peaks: Partially occupied by Dasua Barony
  12. (Partial) Shawnee Glacier: Partially occupied by Blaidd's Barony
  13. Palgard: Regency split between Paroxysm, Suta, and spacegy4
Edited by supernal

I have actually been wondering how one joins the priesthood. The character I intend to have join, I currently just have taking classes at the Gaian Academy currently, I intend to start taking the Gaianism classes as a start, but not sure where to go from there.

I want Patia or Biazo--or anything by the sea on the west coast. Make this happen Carlos, pleeease.

This actually gives me a section to edit into the first post. Already claimed areas. The ones I listed as off-limits were for my own reasons as a board leader. But Biazo is currently under siege and Patia is already claimed. I can let you know first thing if either of those free up, but regencies aren't easy to openly claim like that.

Updated and will add more as I remember them.

I have actually been wondering how one joins the priesthood. The character I intend to have join, I currently just have taking classes at the Gaian Academy currently, I intend to start taking the Gaianism classes as a start, but not sure where to go from there.

You can send me a message on this if you want to hash out some really specific details and maybe plot out a progression path for your character iffin you want. But the basic premise is that you go to a temple and study, becoming a disciple first. You can progress in your priesthood path there or go to the Academy to expand your knowledge base then come back to the temple to take your "test". I use this model for the military and so when made basic and general I apply it to most things, but a good way to concretely progress your character is have two or three threads where he performs some kind of test of his knowledge and ability as a priest. For example, and I don't mind spinning this up as a chaos event or something for you or others interested in the priesthood, but something like exorcising someone that's possessed or banishing a poltergeist would be a good feather in his cap and count as an actual accomplishment. So you could go from disciple to priest in a month or a few months depending on how you wanted to take the pacing.

Does that about answer your question?

I wouldn't mind being a Baron of something. Barons are cool. Buuuut I'm in no rush, so, I'll wait at the back of the line.

Given how new the thread is, there is no real line to go to the back of so to speak. So if you're interested, let's talk jive, turkey. Then again mind that these are open calls, so if you'd PREFER doing things the scenic route way then by all means you can become a baron by RPing it out and not have to claim it through here.

Either way works for me.

What I mean is that if other people show interest, I'm comfortable looking at them first. I can keep myself busy and pave my own way if it comes to that.

Otherwise, yeah, I'll look at the map later and see what kind of baronies sound fun.

Does that about answer your question?

Ha, ha, yeah, pretty much. The approach I'm taking then is actually taking the Gaianism classes first, in addition to my character likely possessing just about any book on Gaianism that a citizen can and committing those to memory. Once he finishes his schooling at the Gaian Academy, then I'll have him go join and work his way up.

I want Patia or Biazo--or anything by the sea on the west coast. Make this happen Carlos, pleeease.

Did you think you could just talk to a board admin after we already told you it was under siege and you PMed all of us to question it?

Seriously, what the hell. And you still got told no.

Some people, man. Ridiculous and conniving.