Voting has reset for the month of July. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

• Announcements

• supernal

Vote for Valucre [July]   05/16/2017

Voting for the month of July is open on TopRPSites! Vote for Valucre daily and help new members searching for a place to roleplay discover the same joys you have in Valucre. You can vote daily, so make voting for Valucre a habit. Discussion thread
supernal

Terrenus | AMA (Ask me anything)

599 posts in this topic

Helping a friend with a character and would like to know if the Powers I gave him remain under Moderate use. Since he and I will be operating in Terrenus, I felt it was appropriate to ask here. 

Posted (edited)

They are certainly mild mid powers and seem to fall into the moderate useage. Its almost like a summoning ability since it looks as though the Reaper really posses the Magic.

Nice well thought out character. 

Edited by Cordeliane
Azure Day likes this

7 hours ago, Azure Day said:

Helping a friend with a character and would like to know if the Powers I gave him remain under Moderate use. Since he and I will be operating in Terrenus, I felt it was appropriate to ask here. 

The one thing that stands out is the soul stuff. Generally speaking soul manipulation, in this case consumption, is only allowed against NPCs or for collaborative story purposes. With that in mind the abilities he gets as a result seem fine. It's hard to say on the face of it with something general like "access to hellfire" so it would depend on how it's actually used in a roleplay in terms of scale and power, and is one of the reasons there isn't a review process for character sheets. But yeah it seems fine 

Azure Day likes this

With the archiving of 'Nich'e' what becomes of any characters from or based on that area?

Example being lets say I was an Andhera traveling outside of Nich'e, does said Andhera simply fizzle out of existence or if not did the place that once was Nich'e simply vanish, leaving said Andhera stranded and confused about what became of his home?

8 minutes ago, Rhazagur Fourhorn said:

With the archiving of 'Nich'e' what becomes of any characters from or based on that area?

Example being lets say I was an Andhera traveling outside of Nich'e, does said Andhera simply fizzle out of existence or if not did the place that once was Nich'e simply vanish, leaving said Andhera stranded and confused about what became of his home?

More the second than the first. People that already invested time/effort into a character should be able to reasonably play that character in unaffected settings even if their "home" is now lost to the proverbial mists. 

So I could, in theory, create a character based on some of the races in the now defunct Nich'e? 

Thanks for the assistance! 

2 minutes ago, Rhazagur Fourhorn said:

So I could, in theory, create a character based on some of the races in the now defunct Nich'e? 

Thanks for the assistance! 

No I don't think so. The creator specifically asked not to have any of her content used. If you already made a character based off the lore that's one thing, but making it going forward after the content has been archived is another in my mind

6 minutes ago, Puranetto Ueivuzu said:

yo if a tree falls in a terrenian woods and no one is there to hear it does it make a sound

Terran*

Also shhhhhhhh

Sétanta the Hound likes this

Research purposes only:) How do terran names sound? Is there a specific guideline to follow when we invent terran names?

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Verseilus said:

Research purposes only:) How do terran names sound? Is there a specific guideline to follow when we invent terran names?

No such guideline exists, and given the diversity of not just people from different lands but of sentient species of different races, I think you should feel free to play fast and loose with nomenclature. 

If you feel so inclined one bit of a guiding principle I can offer is the brief Language section in the Terrenus landing page. 

Language

Terric is the primary language of Terrenus. It is spoken in all megacities and most towns, though becomes rare in isolated villages and islands, where a pidgin form of modified Terric of varying names (Terril, Terrin, Terrie, etc) is usually the norm. Terric's primary dialects sounds like unaccented English. Other dialects sound closer to Romance-influenced language, such as Spanish, Italian, and French.

Names rooted in those language styles is a thought

Edited by supernal
Verseilus likes this

Thanks for your help, I'll definitely keep that in mind!  -  (Anyway, during the last year or so I just happened to have developed a sort of platonic attraction to pretty much everything connected to nomenclature and linguistics. That's why I'm concerned.)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor