supernal

Valucre Site Market

3 minutes ago, supernal said:

Following the canonization process that's linked in the footer of the site: 

I'm going to revert back to saying never mind. I'll be Brand New forever. I would rather write for enjoyment. This feels like homework.

8 minutes ago, Mountain King said:

Spending 5 points for the title of Dwarven King

Done.

5 minutes ago, Akako Akari said:

I'm going to revert back to saying never mind. I'll be Brand New forever. I would rather write for enjoyment. This feels like homework.

When not custom, titles change as a result of post count, so eventually they would/will change. I'll take a look at modifying the post count triggers for this. 

That said, a fair criticism, and one which captures almost verbatim and argument that my co-admin brought up initially. So after a brief discussion with him it's been agreed to dissolve and archive the marketplace until such a time when a better/more robust automated solution can be put into place, if the interest is there at the time. I've processed your user title request nonetheless. 

4 minutes ago, supernal said:

Done.

When not custom, titles change as a result of post count, so eventually they would/will change. I'll take a look at modifying the post count triggers for this. 

That said, a fair criticism, and one which captures almost verbatim and argument that my co-admin brought up initially. So after a brief discussion with him it's been agreed to dissolve and archive the marketplace until such a time when a better/more robust automated solution can be put into place, if the interest is there at the time. I've processed your user title request nonetheless. 

You're my hero. I am sorry I am a brat. ^_^ Though now... I am a happy brat.
I was actually just discussing an automated system. Apparently there was one in place once upon a time. Do y'all still have the coding for that somewhere maybe? I know coding huge main in the neck [computer science major]. I am still learning and it's like dominos. One domino just slightly out of place and the entire thing breaks.

oh snap rekt

i would note that with this "system" you can get points by just writing and canonizing whatever you want, then spend the points on whatever you like after the fact

although i agree that having to do threads specifically to get a specific thing is kind of lame (hence why i never do it >.>), especially something cosmetic like a user title change

To answer your question, Ako.

The point of doing away with VB system and submitting writing to get the same "perks" of VB was to generate more activity and for the site admins to see proof that users are putting in the effort to shape the community and acquire boards and positions.

This is why it feels like homework, they are making you work for these perks.

Actually, when valucre went though it's big update the new website could not host a system like the VB system. 

They had no choice but to scrap it, and when such an opportunity comes back to allow an automated system again, admin will make it so. 

[ adjusts nonexistent glasses ]

5 hours ago, Red the Ambivalent said:

Actually, when valucre went though it's big update the new website could not host a system like the VB system. 

They had no choice but to scrap it, and when such an opportunity comes back to allow an automated system again, admin will make it so. 

[ adjusts nonexistent glasses ]

Said to the person that is a computer science major. >_>

7 hours ago, Deus Ex Aizen said:

To answer your question, Ako.

The point of doing away with VB system and submitting writing to get the same "perks" of VB was to generate more activity and for the site admins to see proof that users are putting in the effort to shape the community and acquire boards and positions.

This is why it feels like homework, they are making you work for these perks.

Oh that makes sense... To obtain a board or sub board. For something as mundane as a title change, not so much. 

Now, I strongly feel that if you want to obtain a board, there should be one location that has all the guidelines. One if my biggest issues with marketplace was there were two different threads with instructions and certain things weren't clearly defined unless you went to another thread entirely to read up on that. Basically, it makes the job of learning difficult and so there's no motivation to do so. 

That being said, @supernal I'm game to assist on testing things to make sure they are user friendly. I enjoy doing that sort of thing. A sort of atonement if you will. XD 

Edited by Akako Akari
P.s.