The Hummingbird

Map Suggestions!

Hey, Genesaris Rpers!

If you look at our map, done for us by none other than administrator desolate, you'll notice we now have links.

You'll also notice that we have numbers that are labeled "upcoming".

Some of these numbers are reserved for the Four Great Lakes of Genesaris and the Desert area. But that still leave us with a few numbers to use, doesn't it? That's where you come in. What do you want to see in Genesaris, that will officially be there? Ruins? A mysterious temple? An abandoned tower? A whole new city?

If you want, you can even write the lore yourself.

So tell me, Genesaris Rpers, what do you want to see in your place of rp?

Is it possible to have a detailed large 'gathering' location for Genesarian Dragons? :) Since they are a lot more civilized than their foreign cousins.

If you decide to add another city -cough cough- between locations 45 and 21 on the coast, -cough cough- I'd like to be the ruler -cough cough-

orrr we could add a tournament grounds and host world tournaments from time to time, haha

An abandoned temple would be interesting. Especially if it were haunted with various dangerous and deadly creatures.

omg, so many upcoming sections still open. I've seen airborne, underground, and even underwater cities on Valucre. I've seen coastal cities, too. What I haven't seen is a city built atop the water. I think Kilika, from Final Fantasy X, is a close, but not exactly prime example of what I'm suggesting.

kilika.jpg

I'm imagining a city built atop a series of planks ( much more regal pieces of wood than the broken down ones seen in Kilika ) spanning a large body of water. I wouldn't say the sea would be the smartest location to put one, although for the sake of creating a place for people to roleplay in, we could make anything we want work. I'd suggest the city/town to be built maybe across one of the lakes far inland of the Genesari coast, because the sea is much less cooperative, what with its constant nasty waves and what not.

The homes also don't have to resemble the ones in Kilika, at least not appearance wise. I think they should remain crafted out of wood to keep with the aura about the place.

I don't have much reason beyond the fact that I've always thought Kilika to have been an absolutely beautiful location to push this idea forth, so . . . I dunno. 

If anyone likes this idea, I'd be happy to help with the lore. Maybe even write the whole thing as long as we get clear on what the expectations of the town/city would be.

omg, so many upcoming sections still open. I've seen airborne, underground, and even underwater cities on Valucre. I've seen coastal cities, too. What I haven't seen is a city built atop the water. I think Kilika, from Final Fantasy X, is a close, but not exactly prime example of what I'm suggesting.

kilika.jpg

I'm imagining a city built atop a series of planks ( much more regal pieces of wood than the broken down ones seen in Kilika ) spanning a large body of water. I wouldn't say the sea would be the smartest location to put one, although for the sake of creating a place for people to roleplay in, we could make anything we want work. I'd suggest the city/town to be built maybe across one of the lakes far inland of the Genesari coast, because the sea is much less cooperative, what with its constant nasty waves and what not.

The homes also don't have to resemble the ones in Kilika, at least not appearance wise. I think they should remain crafted out of wood to keep with the aura about the place.

I don't have much reason beyond the fact that I've always thought Kilika to have been an absolutely beautiful location to push this idea forth, so . . . I dunno. 

If anyone likes this idea, I'd be happy to help with the lore. Maybe even write the whole thing as long as we get clear on what the expectations of the town/city would be.

Definitely sounds like a place I'd want to RP in. Also, does the following fit better? It's what I imagined when I read your post:

monster-hunter-3-screens-200810020929488

Monster%20Hunter%203G%201.jpg

Yes. The houses arent as simplistic ( still a little simple though )as the ones on Kilika, and thats another difference I had in mind. Even the style of the ships you see in that pic paroxysm posted are an awesome bit of unique flare for the town. That windmill off in the distance, humble in its design, is also perfect. Edited by LastLight

If you guys would like a city like Kilika and are willing to write the lore following the format given to us by the administrators of Valucre, send me a PM to acquire said format and I will reserve a number for the city.

Is it possible to have a detailed large 'gathering' location for Genesarian Dragons? :) Since they are a lot more civilized than their foreign cousins.

There was an island in Adaviel run by dragons??

I don't know what happened to the people running it, but I could see if it could still be used.