PandaHat

Seek and you shall find [Quest]

Crossing through the walls on foot, a woman clad in white robes walked in. Her head and face were covered to protect from the blowing sand. Morgana was interesting enough to her. A city was built in the middle of no where practically. A river flowed a small distance from one of the outside walls. The woman's light foot steps lead her through the rather large sleepy city until she could find a place to rest- a small general store.

She paused, looking at its wares. While she did not bring a whole bunch of coin with her, she did have enough so that she could survive. This was not a good place to rest, though. While no one recognized her, she also did not want to spend money. Shopkeepers wanted people to do just that. The woman left empty handed.

The desert had this thing on her. She was parched. The more she wandered, the more desperate she was becoming. The woman in white had approached The Broken Plank with desperation in her revealed violet eyes. She walked to the bar, uncovered her face and removed her hood, then waved down a bartender. Blonde curls spilled over her shoulders and it was sorely obvious that she held the unwanted attention of the two drunks sitting next to her- one to her left and one to her right.

"I need some water!" She exclaimed. "Please."

"Order her an ale."

"Make it two. I'm buying."

The woman gave both men an incredulous look, then sighed. "Just give me some water, please."
The bartender gave her water and two ales. The woman's expression fell flat until she finally drank the water that was given to her. It seemed that she didn't even pause when she drank. Then she drank one of the two ales and let out a very loud and unladylike belch. Pink rose to her cheeks and she muttered a thank you before slithering away to look at something called "A Quest Board".

There were a few unfulfilled quests and the one that caught her eye was a Scavenger Hunt. Seemed simple, yet very intriguing to her. The woman reached out, grabbing the flyer off the wall. Now, she felt like she needed a partner.

Edited by PandaHat

Well if it was one thing, Rin did not like the desert. The sand got in everywhere. Her shoes mostly. She complained to no one around seeing she was no where around people. Just burning sand. She walked on more as the cloak she bought wore heavily on her form. She had heard Morgana had sand, but she didn't know the wind would blow more and more sand upon her.

Rin noticed the shops then. She decided to skip past them. She knew if she went to any of the shops she would spend hours shopping. And she didn't have time to do that.

As she walked on, she noticed a tavern then. The broken plank. And odd name. She looked at it more before shaking her head and walking inside. Not removing the cloak, she took a seat in the back of the tavern and looked about.

It seemed to be nosy. Rin watched as the people walked to and fro carrying drinks. She shook her head, as she lowered the cloak, ebony-crimson hair falling down into her face. She had almost knocked off the goggles that sat atop her head next to her ears. Ears that were red panda shaped. She ordered a bottle of rum. She then smoothed out the wrinkles in her shirt and skirt.

It was good to get out of the heat. But she was here to find something to do. Something noble like.
Edited by Rin

When it came down to it, asking drunk people to go on a scavenger hunt with her seemed like a stupid idea. Besides, no one seemed interested enough, as the posting looked fairly old. She wondered if anyone else had ever completed the scavenger hunt she was going to go on. If she could find someone else. Violet eyes scanned the room and her gaze fell on a new arrival. She couldn't be too drunk right?

She stopped a server and ordered another ale. And make it a tall one, she was in for a long day. There was no way she was going to attempt to travel so late in the day. Yet, she was in no particular hurry to leave Morgana. The Unseelie fae approached Rin's table abruptly with the appearance of a tall, mischievous fae. Ruby red lips curved upwards into a playful smile.

"Hello. Oh! Your ears! Can I touch them? Anyway...do you want to go on a scavenger hunt with me?"

Her manicured hands folded in front of her. It was clear that there was more to this white-clad woman than met the eye, but what was it? It wasn't like she was going to reveal what it was. After a few moments, she sat down across from Rin, looking at her with a very small smile. What was going through the fae's mind? "It's something to do.. I am in no hurry to leave. I have all the days and nights."

Rin took another sip of her rum as someone came to her table. Usually the people stood far away from her. But this woman wanted to touch her ears. Of course she wouldn't object. And now a scavenger hunt. Was that normal or noble enough?

Well she could have fun right? Just a tad. She smiled and shook her head, the pale lips that looked almost invisible on her face taking another sip of the rum.

"Sure. I mean they're not fun to go on alone. But I've never been on one. Is it complicated? I still want to go on one, but how do you do one?"

Rin shook the ebony crimson locks from her face to no avail. It always clung to the left side of her face. And yet she didn't get use to it. She never have. But she didn't let it bother her for now. Drinking more of the rum she wondered how the people here got drunk. She couldn't, her blood didn't allow her to do so.

Lucky jerks.

Rin smiled softly looking up at the person she didn't catch the name of. Bad of her to remain in the dark of the person she'd be hanging around for a while.

"Name's Rin." she said softly.

The woman did not end up touching Rin's ears. She held her hand against her chest, then nodded. "Well, I don't really know how you go on one, but I suppose that you are supposed to take this somewhere for starters." She held out the paper. "I bet it's all in riddles. I'm not good with the riddles."

She took Rin's proffered hand and shook it awkwardly. The woman was not used to such social graces. Years of slavery did that to a person. It broke a woman down from someone of high standing, respectable, proper and made her into something that was not "human". Something lacking respect. Something that feared things unnecessarily. This scavenger hunt was a risk, but it was a risk she felt she could take.

"My name is Gizela." Her voice lowered. "It is nice to meet you."

She snuck around often, afraid of being overheard. Gizela was afraid of being spotted by someone from her past. What would they say if they saw a princess that was turned into a savage? Gizela relaxed a bit. Freedom was new to her. Now that she had it, she rarely went back to the Unseelie homelands. She traveled anywhere and everywhere that her power would take her. While she was still getting her power back, she found herself visiting places that would be inhospitable normally.

She had been to the undersea city of Tethys, the Fire Planes (before it was a hot commodity), the Cold Mountains, the Cold South, the mountains in Terrenus...She was becoming a world explorer. This desert city of Morgana was no different. What better way to explore a new place than to do a scavenger hunt?

Rin was not one who socialized with people. She had seen the groups of people who came in and out. Some seedy and others not. But this woman she couldn't place. Especially when she gave her name.

Of course being in a land she had never been in before didn't help the matter either. She rubbed her head sheepishly. It seemed to the half breed this Gizela was nervous about something. It was the vibe she was feeling. But other than that she didn't know anything else about the woman.

As the woman knew nothing about Rin.

"Riddles eh? I have had some experiences with those. Not very good ones though. But I figure it can't be that bad."

Rin took the paper as she remained silent. She looked it over before sighing. She couldn't read it very well. It looked just like symbols.

"I hate to admit this but I cannot read this well. I only have one eye and these symbols look more human than my kind. I do apologize."

Rin rubbed her head sheepishly again. Not a great start she was having. Already she told the woman that she could read the papers or see very well. How was that going to help later? She just took another sip of her rum remaining silent.

A drunkard in the Broken Plank would watch as the ladies mingled over the Scavenger Hunt that was once posted on the Quest board. The map that was picked up seemed to draw in some confusion as the two females looked it over carefully. A laugh would belch from his big belly as he stumbled over to the ladies. Snatching the map quickly from their hands, he would slam it on the table in front of them.

"Aye ladies! Lookin at the scavenger hunt? Well well, let me 'elp ya out. Waddya say?"

Regardless of their answer, his large index finger was already being pressed down onto the table and onto the map that was laid out before them. "Ya wanna start here at the wishing well where you'll find a clue. Wats the clue you say? Hell if I know! You might have better luck tossing some coin in it and making a wish before findin anythin of use over there. Hah! Whatever it is, it'll tell you where to go next!" The man swayed for a moment before bringing his hand off the table and patting both the ladies on the back.

"The last fool dat I heard of doin this never came back. Some say that a clue took 'em to the cursed statue, errr, I'd stay away from dat if I were you." 

His words were loud for all to hear. The mood was light in the bar and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Even the large drunk man who helped get them started only seconds ago was already retreating back to the bar for another drink. It seemed the two would have quite the adventure ahead of them. For now, they had a starting point.

[offtopic]Hope you two don't mind. I figured I would throw random posts in to help guide you along the way. Don't count me in the normal posting rotation, I'll post as needed to help advance you two when you might get 'stuck'. If you need help and I haven't posted, juts pm me. Enjoy![/offtopic]

[spoiler]sq0eba.jpg[/spoiler]

So she can't read and she can't see well. Well, maybe Rin could think? Gizela just laughed softly, trying to be reassuring, but the unusually upbeat fae was having issues with trying to be cheerful about this situation. At the same time, it must have been boring being in the desert, and if this distracts them, then so be it. Gizela sighed heavily as she drifted in thought, not exactly knowing where to begin when a man approached their table. And oh, did he smell like alcohol.

He snatched the map out of Gizela's hands, garnering a cold look from the princess. The expression on her face displayed the fact that she was not amused by the drunkard.

"Ya wanna start here at the wishing well where you'll find a clue. Wats the clue you say? Hell if I know! You might have better luck tossing some coin in it and making a wish before findin anythin of use over there. Hah! Whatever it is, it'll tell you where to go next!"

Well, that is a start. Gizela leaned over, trying to see the map. "Well, thank you. That is a start." She said with a small smile.

"The last fool dat I heard of doin this never came back. Some say that a clue took 'em to the cursed statue, errr, I'd stay away from dat if I were you."

"Oh! This is one of those adventures!" Gizela squealed. "I'm game, let's go." She said in a hurry to Rin. Gizela reached between her breasts and pulled a coin from a small purse between them. She flipped the coin over to the man. "Get yourself another drink. Thanks for the information."

He wandered off. "You still thirsty, Rin?" Gizela asked while settling down with another ale. "It seems that this does nothing for me."

She had plenty of practice with her sister's poison to make her mildly resistant to alcoholic beverages.

Rin's ears flattened against her skull almost knocking off the red black goggles that sat there. It always happened. She noticed the man standing there. He was drunk. Must have been a nice thought. Of course she couldn't get drunk herself. She didn't know why but it was something in her blood.

The man said something about the well and it looked like it was informational. But the next thing he said threw her off. The last dude didn't come back. So the dangers of the quest were apparent.

And then he just wandered off with a coin. The fey woman gave it to him. She shook her head confused. But Rin said nothing more. For the moment at least.

"I'll have half a glass of rum before we get going. Can't get drunk anyways which disappoints me. Can I ask you something? I was wondering what race you are. I've never seen your type before. I've seen humans dwarves and even other demons. But not you."

Rin laid her head on her shoulders then. It would be an adventure alright.

Gizela just smiled sweetly at Rin. "That's a shame you can't get drunk. But at the same time, consider it a blessing." Her eyes closed halfway, contently. "It's been a little while, but when I used to get drunk, all sorts of crazy things would happen. Then," She brought a finger to her lips in thought, looking upwards slightly as though she was trying to remember something. "Yes, well, sometimes, I'd wake up with many painful welts and bruises." She added, holding up her finger. "I stay away from the stuff normally, but I can't resist fae ale, or any ale for that matter. But it's a lot weaker than what I am used to."

Gizela thought about this, as well. Melkavia, her own sister, didn't really give her alcohol much. No, it was usually poison. Gizela only understood two types of alcohol and everything else seemed to make her think of the poison. Poison, poison... Her mindset darkened. The light-hearted fae suddenly became very serious and very angry. "All the other stuff tastes like poison. It's the poison that messes up my life." Her hand clenched into a fist.

"Oh. I'm an Unseelie Fae. I'm a fairy. An overgrown one. Technically, we're supposed to be 'the bad ones', but I don't see where that reputation comes from. I'm nice. I play nice with others. Usually."

If it benefits me...

Rin chuckled then. Watching the fae was a bit amusing. It reminded her of times back in her past. She looked up then as she recalled a part of something and it made the half breed smile.

"Unseelie eh? Yeah, I understand how that is. People mistake many of us for bad guys. Take me for instance, I'm a half breed. And many people consider me a curse."

Rin then took the glass and shook it around a bit. Poison eh? Did poison taste all so sweet most of the time? She found this woman interesting. She placed the glass down. Shaking her head she then returned to her thoughts.

"Well more like a monster. But I'm not. Just a normal girl half the time. Unless I get really mad. And that has not happen in a long time. Seems things get labeled because people can't see beyond the box."

Rin then placed her head back down on her arms. A blessing not to be able to get drunk? She didn't see it like that. It could have helped a lot back in the day.

Gizela watched Rin with a quirked eyebrow. She wanted to know more about her, but also didn't want to intrude. The Prince had said that intruding is rude and should never be done. Her violet eyes looked down at the table. She leaned forward eagerly, reaching out to touch one of Rin's ears. Her tongue stuck out as her arm moved very slowly. She was intent on petting the half breed's ears, even if it was the last thing she'd do. 

"You don't seem like a monster to me.." She muttered. If her hand made contact, she would quickly pull away. Gizela blushed and folded her hands in front of her like a child. "Ah, people like you are pretty common where I come from. Half breeds, I mean." Gizela was getting rather impatient. How long did it take someone to finish their rum? She had half a mind to reach out and finish it for Rin. "Does this mean we're ready to go?"

She reached for the map and grabbed it. Gizela was at her feet, turning towards the door. Full of conviction and enthusiasm, she gestured towards the door. "Let's go!"

"Well seeming you're in a rush, yeah we can get going. Though the rum might get lonely without me."

It was an odd saying coming from Rin but she knew what it meant. She stood then as she looked at Gizela. She was curious of her, but most were because of her weird ticks. How odd she was but that was her. And most people didn't ask, so they just stared.

As the map was taken and the rum gone Rin followed behind the leader. The one who could read maps unlike her. The one who could see better than her. Though she didn't get why the fae partnered up with her of all people.

Exiting the pub, Rin's bare feet hit the hot desert sand. She placed the cloak around herself once more before her red panda ears twitched back and forth. The sand and heat were not one thing she dealt with well.

"I bet. Half breeds aren't rare around here unlike my homeland. Did you know I was the only half breed there. No others have ever been born. Kind of miss it."

She picked at her teeth then. As she walked behind Gizela.

"Well, no, I didn't know you were the only half breed there because I just got to know you! But I kind of figured that judging from the way you were talking." Gizela redressed herself from the desert, which concealed her entire appearance. The Unseelie hid her features behind swaths of light colored linen. She walked out first, looking down at the map as she did. "The Wishing Well. Ooooo.." Gizela's booted feet dug into the hot sand. Again, she was thrust in a world of oranges and browns.

"Have you ever been to a desert? This is my first time. The Wishing Well is not that far of a walk." She turned and showed Rin the map. A manicured nail poked at the map where the Wishing Well was located. She looked up and they were standing in front of a large castle. "This is called Castle Heights. It looks pretty big. It's cute." She added with a shrug.

Gizela continued to walk until she saw the well. It seemed to be ordinary, like any other well she had seen. When she motioned for Rin to follow, she ran up to it and began to examine it. "Do they have wishing wells where you live? We don't. They say that there are faeries in some wishing wells."

"Right I keep forgetting how different things are from where I lived."

Rin saw the map as she noticed it was a bit hotter than before. And she looked back to the pub, the rum calling her name. But she shook her head as her crimson black eye looked back at the map.

"No deserts. My home was just ice or snow. And if there was sun, it wasn't as bright as it is here. Or strong. And it wouldn't last long before the next rain storm came rolling in."

Rin noticed the fingernail pointing to the well. She stared at it for a moment or two as she traced the picture with her own finger. It was pale, alabaster even and shorter in height than Gizela's finger. Plus Rin's nails were horribly chewed on. The sleeve of her shirt covered most of her hand. Which Rin was glad it did.

She didn't really want to discuss the wounds or scars upon it. Rin just smiled as she heard the next question. This was fun, learning about each other. To some degree of course.

"No wells either. The rainy seasons we would collect the water in jugs and store them so that we can use them when needed. I always found it odd. When we had running water in the huts. Or houses if you were rich enough to buy one."

Rin smiled then as her hand retracted from the map. Gizela seemed happy to be out and about going after some kind of treasure. It made her feel happy for the minute.