Voting has reset for the month of July. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

• Announcements

• supernal

Vote for Valucre [July]   05/16/2017

Voting for the month of July is open on TopRPSites! Vote for Valucre daily and help new members searching for a place to roleplay discover the same joys you have in Valucre. You can vote daily, so make voting for Valucre a habit. Discussion thread
The Crippler

Tavern of Legend OOC

2,507 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, supernal said:

Grundy posted this OOC in the OOC thread, or am I not seeing something?

Earlier in the ToL.

12 minutes ago, Sphynx said:

Earlier in the ToL.

Perfect, thank you. Got the post addressed.

Grudny if you want it back let me know and I can send you the text but I think the question was resolved here in the OOC

@Consigliere

They have like a profile database incase you want to make a full character sheet. They got like templates and stuff Jeff's there too. I'd to see his sheet if you make one. Don't feel pressured though.

Sphynx likes this

Hey, peeps.

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but I'm obviously new here and I totally want to hop right into the rp. Do I just... post something on the ToL thread? There doesn't seem to be much of a prerequisite to posting there, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something before I jump in and only get the response of crickets.

I have done rp before, but I'm not familiar with a single thread having multiple people just referencing each other (or quoting) to keep their stories align. It is confusing for me and I just wanted to get an idea of how the whole posting system works here versus the other places I have been.

But... yeah that's all. If there really is nothing to it as I have so far believed, I would totally love some rp buddies to get on with. That would be fantastical.

supernal and Sphynx like this

Newbie here also. I kinda just up and went with it. I created my Character Sheet first, then after that did some reading on the lore of places, trying to fit my character in as lore-friendly as possible, and just jumped into ToL. I don't know if this is the right way to do it, but I haven't gotten any warnings lately so I assumed what I was doing is correct.

@Aerith

Sphynx and supernal like this

Yep, absolute newbie here too! I think I registered yesterday my sense of time is terrible.

As far as I understood, the character sheet is optional and all, though it helped me have an idea for my character so I did make one as well! I guess you could just follow this or this and go through the roleplay approach. For now I'm just trying to copy what others are doing, that's generally how I learn stuff~

Though it might seem confusing, I came from MUDs and Dwarf Fortress so I can definitely say it's just a matter of getting used to. Believe me, it's that more easy to understand what's going on here than the two places I mentioned. Also, as others have mentioned just read the last page (or last few pages) to get a general idea and post something like 'x enters the tavern, etc...' hopefully someone will enter the tavern sometime too or interact with you! Well, if not you could interact with others yourself as well. I mean, that's what I did, though I'm also not sure that's the right approach.

See you around, have fun and welcome!

@Aerith

Sphynx and supernal like this

All three of you are right :) you can just go in and start posting and interacting. When we made the TOL it was specifically kept in mind that it would be for new members, even people new to role play itself and so wanted to make as small a barrier to entry as possible. 

Aerith: what you see in the TOL is common for large threads with lots of people but that isn't the standard for the site as some threads are only 1x1 or a small group with a post order. 

Jeff Grundy, Sphynx and Cordelia like this