The Crippler

Tavern of Legend OOC

Just now, Fendrick said:

I'm still not having much success on where to go to introduce my character..... I'm having a little trouble navigating the forum and just desperately want to get stuck in to describing my character....

It took me I think around... three hours to get used to the format for this forum. And I've been using forums for a long time! Keep moving forwards, and you'll learn to navigate, I promise. And it can be difficult, but you've got to be patient! If you want to get into describing your character right away, you can do it in the profile database.

40 minutes ago, Fendrick said:

I'm still not having much success on where to go to introduce my character..... I'm having a little trouble navigating the forum and just desperately want to get stuck in to describing my character....

https://www.valucre.com/forum/9-profile-database/

Here you go! Clicking the link will send you to that area of the forums where other people already posted their profiles. You can read up on it and stuff. 

4 hours ago, Mickey Flash said:

There was a little hiccup in the placement of the Tavern Quest thread, but I'm sure that it'll be taken care of before too long.  You can go ahead and post on it, if you had been tagged. 

So, I wasn't online when it was posted. How can I join it? 

MAH GAWD. ITS HARD MANAGING 17 RPS. ALSO, Gull is going to be gone for a bit, and will be replaced with an actual character, a character I'll be posting soon. 

13 hours ago, Vynathlon said:

So, I wasn't online when it was posted. How can I join it? 

I believe the thread is full with 8 Rpers.  But you can ask @Sloanage to make sure.  You can also join another quest, inviting others to join or even just taking a one person quest.  Just make sure to let one of the Tavern mentors (me included) know.  

@Vynathlon Hi!

Unfortunately, Mickey is correct. We have 8 questers right now, and since we're all new to Valucre, we don't want things to get too out of hand, so we capped it out there.

However, I speak for myself and probably most of my current group when I say we'd love to RP with you in a different thread, or even take on a separate quest. I know a ton of people were looking to start a quest in the Tavern as well. Ask around! Most people will probably agree to setting something up. :biggrin:

8 minutes ago, Upbeat-Tyrant said:

Hi, I'm new to all of this and i was wondering if i should try to join in the Tavern of Legend with my character or if it's full/busy and i should instead go to the water cooler? 

Dive straight in. No mercy

7 minutes ago, Upbeat-Tyrant said:

Hi, I'm new to all of this and i was wondering if i should try to join in the Tavern of Legend with my character or if it's full/busy and i should instead go to the water cooler? 

It depends on your preference.  The Tavern stays pretty busy, and can be chaotic at times.  But it's usually fast posting, and you get to meet other new RPers that you can join other threads with, out of the Tavern.

If you want something that is a slower pace, and most times the posts are a bit longer and more detailed, you should choose to jump right in to the water cooler. 

If you have any more question about it, feel free to send me a PM. 

2 minutes ago, Upbeat-Tyrant said:

I like it! Do i include my full character description straight off or just put a link (or something) to the character sheet? 

Read what Micky said.

Anyway character sheets are not optional and you can link it or or tell it here as for in roleplay I'd advise at dropping hints or not telling.

You can find out about how things are done here:

It has a link to the profile database, which you can use to place your charrie's profile sheet, if you'd like.

Many questions you may have can be answered under the Getting Started section of the site.

I started a character here a long time ago and then lost contact with Valucre before he escaped TOL. Should I start him anew, or do I need to stick with what I wrote a long time ago?

I'm sticking with the same character personally

4 hours ago, Finium said:

I started a character here a long time ago and then lost contact with Valucre before he escaped TOL. Should I start him anew, or do I need to stick with what I wrote a long time ago?