Valucre
supernal

Ask an admin?

16 hours ago, Song Sprite said:

Personally I use a private board on Pinterest. I also mostly only use jpgs.

Make sure that the link you are using is the actual link to where the image is stored on the internet, not just the page the picture is being displayed on,too. Right click on the image and choose "copy image address" to be sure.

Ok, I got it working. Thanks for the help! :D

19 hours ago, Vynathlon said:

I have a question regarding profile pictures, and I have no idea where else I'm supposed to ask about this. Basically, when I go to upload something, it just asks for a URL, which wipes out practically every available picture on my computer. And then, when I upload the picture onto Deviantart to upload the URL there, it says it doesn't support that type of URL. Does anyone have any advice on how to upload a picture onto this website? 

What you want to do is go to the direct links, posting links or whatever DA calls it. Then click on the option that has a url within [/img]  and [   /img]. Delete the and the [  /img]. The remaining url should work. 

Edited by Ataraxy

How would someone get a bad reputation? I don't see any button so you can dislike a post. I'm curious because the only status I see is neutral & good.

Just now, Lani said:

How would someone get a bad reputation? I don't see any button so you can dislike a post. I'm curious because the only status I see is neutral & good.

We used to have a Negative button so it is possible that someone could have earned the neg. reputation and never balanced out before we switched to the Like only system

Praetorian is an exception. He's someone that just asked to have his positive rep turned negative because he liked red. He's done a lot for the site and continues to do so, so I was like "ok".

2 minutes ago, Song Sprite said:

Is it still a thing that changing the title of a water cooler thread to have OOC in it will serve as notice to the mods to please move the thread to the OOC subforum at their convenience?

It sure is. Since that relies on the mods noticing it however, if it doesn't get moved after a short while feel free to report the thread (with a note) to bring it to our collective attention

I have a strange question to ask. While I was posting in the Tavern of Legends forum, I encountered this problem dealing with the formatting, where I wanted to reply to someone's post at the bottom of the page, while simultaneously responding to people on the next page. So my first question is, how do you do this in only one post? 

As a continuation of my story, I tried just responding in one post, since I couldn't figure out how to quote someone on a different page (the copy & pasting function is kind of weird), but then I noticed in the past that if I responded after my last post then the two posts would merge. This time, it didn't do that. So on the Tavern of Legends, I have one post with a short post, followed by a long post with lots of stuff. I'm trying to get the quote from that short post onto the long post, but I have no idea how. Can you help me out? 

1 minute ago, Vynathlon said:

I have a strange question to ask. While I was posting in the Tavern of Legends forum, I encountered this problem dealing with the formatting, where I wanted to reply to someone's post at the bottom of the page, while simultaneously responding to people on the next page. So my first question is, how do you do this in only one post? 

As a continuation of my story, I tried just responding in one post, since I couldn't figure out how to quote someone on a different page (the copy & pasting function is kind of weird), but then I noticed in the past that if I responded after my last post then the two posts would merge. This time, it didn't do that. So on the Tavern of Legends, I have one post with a short post, followed by a long post with lots of stuff. I'm trying to get the quote from that short post onto the long post, but I have no idea how. Can you help me out? 

I'm not entirely certain how to answer the second half of the question here (The part about the merging posts) however, I can answer the first question for you (Because sometimes it can take @supernal some time to reply back.)

Alongside the button at the bottom of a post that reads "Quote" (The one you're probably already familiar with) you should see a + (Plus) symbol. This is a multi-quote button and it does work across standard page changes. (As long as you're not pressing back on your internet history you should be good! >~<)

Hope that helps a bit and hope someone else can answer the second portion of your question for you as well!

Devin

17 hours ago, Vynathlon said:

Per Fae's excellent suggestion, I would use the multi-quote function to address the posts individually. If not that you can make use of the @ tag function to designate "this part is for @ you, and this part is for @ you". Or you can use bolded names to make this distinction instead of the tag feature. So any or all of those options would work.

Regarding your second question, the forum has a flood control enabled where if someone makes a post and then within 1 minute makes another post, the posts are merged. That is to help prevent inadvertent double posting. So you would want to either address everything in a single post or wait 1+ minute between posts. 

I would suggest just editing the content out of one post and into the other, then Hiding the empty post. 

This is a general question about Valucre the planet, which is why I was super unsure where to pose the question but yeah here it is.

Does Valucre have polar ice caps? Its supposed to be similar to Earth right, so it stands to reason there would be an arctic and Antarctic right?

6 hours ago, Warlock said:

This is a general question about Valucre the planet, which is why I was super unsure where to pose the question but yeah here it is.

Does Valucre have polar ice caps? Its supposed to be similar to Earth right, so it stands to reason there would be an arctic and Antarctic right?

There's pretty much whatever is shown on the map in the world overview