Ayden

Dream Come True [Quest]

[BOX]

Dream Come True

Rumors of a Sand Djin have been circulating through the city. This extremely rare creature is capable of granting a worthy individual a single wish. Whatever they desire, love, death, riches, fame, weapons, the Djin have no shame in granting your desire. It is said that the creature is rather fond of mortal sweets. Who knows what the Djin deems as a worthy individual to grant wishes to, but anyone would do their best given the chance. Find the Djin, prove your worthiness, and have your dream come true.

Quest Reward: 50 points.

Quest Item: A Wish: To be discussed OOC. 

[/BOX]

The city of Morgana booms on this busy day. All the streets are filled with the citizens as they go about their business. Some of them get to work in their shops, running the river trade district. Others enjoy the calm setting of the Broken Plank and all the drinks it has to offer. Though everyone is busy going about their own business on this hot day, all seems to be normal. The stone streets pave the way for all the people and their work.

A cool breeze shifts through the city as the day progresses. Who knows what events will unfold upon this busy day. Adventurers come to and fro seeking the challenges that the city has to offer. The Broken Plank Quest board remains filled with various tasks that anyone who is willing can take up. While some are not for the faint of heart, the rewards reaped from such challenges make it all the worth...

He had stayed by her side long after the townsfolk had given thanks for her heroics in the mine,long after the guards stopped keeping watch,and long after Maria had went on her way hearing of other matters that needed attending too.He stayed by her side as the moon rose and as it set two days time he waited.Now he was still by her side even as her leg was in its bandage,and she had regained her normal wits.He relayed to her the whispers and rumors he had been given by the town folk.One such rumor given to him from a miner who was happy to get back to work.The rumor consisted of a Djin willing to grant a wish.He thought since they were already here it would be a acceptable thing to search for.

The shades twisted about his form as they always did tho ever since the incident at the mine they twisted and turned in unison around not only his form but Melo's as well he wondered how long it would take until she noticed,wondered how she was holding up.He would not disgrace her by asking how she was.And he would not taint the sacrifice she made by needless worry for her well being.He had made a promise to himself,He would be better then he was he would be better then his former he would be what he was The Angel of Death.

To Melo the past several days had been a disgraceful experience for her. She had been unable to do not for the last days but silently rest and heal unable to leave the bed that confined her along with the injuries she was recovering from. At some point her hearing had returned and her flesh had slowly closed over the abrasions that marred her flesh leaving faint pink lines that with more time would heal hopefully not leaving scars. The doctors had set and magically sealed the bone in her left shin it would not re-break unless a considerable force was applied but it was still brittle in comparison to her other leg. But that too would heal with time.

Grimm her ever vigilant companion had stayed with her in silent vigil,  A choice regrettably made for him by Melo's very existence. A broken weapon should be discarded but Grimm even lacked the option to do so. In the time that Melo had been conscious Grimm had kept her informed of what had been happening in the desert village they were in. He had even expressed interest in the possible existence of a djin that could grant wishes in this area. Melo would not hold her companion back any longer she had grown weary of this room anyway. And thus with a slight wince Melo sat herself up in the Medical bed provided her and looked at her dark companion.

"Grimm, Melo is ready to leave this place, regrettably Melo has yet to have fully regain Melo's bearings and requires aid in Accomplishing this"

Grimm only gave a simple nod ,leaving what he was actually thinking to be guessed upon never much emotion showed thru."We all require aid at times Melo",was all he said.Standing he stretched his wings expanding them to their full extent,each wing seemed to expand almost 6 feet out in each direction.Shadows whipped about both their forms and as he waited for her to get her belongings ready he turned his head back to her."I would of stayed even if the shadows didnt bind us",silence fell again.The purple glowing stone hung about his neck like a charm a contrast to the lime green glowing eyes.

With things in order he opened the door and let the hot desert air fill his lungs.The Raven Seth seemed to sing madly at Melo,almost as if he was pleased she hadnt died.It perched itself upon her shoulder as it did from time to time.Grimm himself wrapped his wings about his form and squinted those glowing somber eyes letting them adjust to the hot sunlight.Turning once more he looked at Melo."Ready?"

Melo was as ready as she could be in her condition Settling for a white cotton shirt and pants that had been provided for her by the medical staff, Deciding for now against donning the armor in her bag, in her condition the idea of a tight fitting armored outfit pressed against her sore frame was something Melo would avoid if possible. Using her gun as a cane Melo pulled herself to her feet swaying slightly before finding equilibrium. 

"Melo is ready to leave this place now"

Saying this Melo takes her stone and pack and Sets to ward the door walking steadily ignoring the protests of her still healing body. A weapon does not feel thus does not complain. Melo is a weapon.

"Melo will not make mistakes like that again, If Grimm will allow Melo to keep her place as Grimm's Weapon."

Edited by Orion the Lost

Grimm spoke turnin full circle and facing her with his somber eyes.He spoke stern strong and with a deafening tone that would of startled even the dead."Melo i understand a bullet does not have friends.But you have seen me you habe witnessed my being,i have many weapons Melo,I do not consider your worth as a weapon.I consider your worth as a companion and friend.If a dark trigger for you to be shot is all you see me as,i fear i must apologize.I consider you a friend,i consider you a deadly woman,i consider you a elite shot,i consider you many things Melo,but my weapon no.I hope that does not offend you i mean you no confusion or wish you to believe that i dont believe you are a capable and deadly weapon.Im just saying you should be a weapon for no man or woman or creature other then yourself and those you wish to protect.If you wish to protect me i will allow that just as you allow me to protect you. Not because i am your weapon or you are mine,but because we are loyal to our friendship with each other. With that his words ceased and he breathed in deeply ,alot of words each carrying so much weight and it was finally said aloud that he considered her a friend.

Melo gazed at the man, for a long while or perhaps it was a short while it was hard to tell. Melo slowly knelt to one knee. "Melo has been alone in the world since the battle that ended Melo's clan, Melo has been a Weapon, A bullet, to be fired since that day. Melo does not know what it is to have Friends, Nor has Melo ever had desire to learn A weapon has no need of family or friends, A person cannot exist without these however a Bullet can, That is why Melo is a bullet. Melo understands the words of Grimm in the Denotative sense but Melo must apologize as Melo cannot reciprocate the feelings of friendship offered, Not out intention but out of the lack of understanding of such concepts" Melo did not raise her head to look at Grimm from her position. Melo was unsure of how to proceed, Melo had never been offered friendship before and did not know how to take it, Like the soul that Grimm had spoken of Melo lacked any understanding of it's forms and feelings. "Melo can only serve in capacity as a tool of destruction to be used, That is all Melo knows" Melo remained unmoving Melo did not know how explain herself any further.

"Melo is a bullet?"

Melo was his friend,even if she knew not what one was.He thought to himself and shook his head friends who cant fathom how friendship works,family when he did have it whom were not blood and uusually in opposition to his side,and his previous wife who tried to have him killed on multiple occasions.You sure can pick em Grimm the voice mocked him in his mind with a hiss.It was true he attracted broken people,not to fix them no,their beauty came in being broken he knew that,and almost always it was worth the risk.He dwelled not upon it any further he already wasted words he would of rsther not.Words held weight,and it was time to proceed and go forward.He turned and started to walk.

He started to think how he could explain it in a way she would understand.And he would not speak again on the matter until he had the correct words set in his mind.He reflected upon the city for a moment the sun beating down on the buildings,the people busy tending to their own affairs this way and that.Finally he spoke to Melo after a great while."Are you hungry? The miner who told me the rumor will be getting off soon i am going to offer to buy his dinner it would be logical for you to eat then as well".and.with that he was silent again lost in his own thoughts.

Melo stood from her kneeling stance and followed the man after he walked onward not saying a word, For there were no words that would bridge the gap that had formed easily. Melo was willing to serve as until she was sent away. Melo would have to way the meaning of the words spoken to her for a long while to make any sense of them, Emotion was difficult.

‚Äč"Melo does not urgently require sustenance but will be able to consume a meal at this point"

Melo usually only ate rations made of dried meats and fruits, Light nourishing and tasteless, after years such things would grow on you. But Melo hardly felt the need to complain, her keen sense of smell had caught the scent of foreign meats and spices and her stomach had reacted as well, Melo who had grown up in arctic regions had never tried any of the foods of the desert regions of the world. 

Edited by Orion the Lost

The Miner appeared rather grizzled as he made his exit from the mines.Within the days following the Black spider relocation,miners had gotten back to their normal routines,and shift work had began again.The Miner himself was very relieved by this as he was not a rich man by any means,nor an adventurer.He was eaking out the best living he could by a trade handed down from his Father,and his Father before him.There was a humble honor in being a Miner,one he had been taught from tradition and family.So when the Adventurers had in turn gave much up to relocate,the Black Spider.One almost giving their life themselves.He felt obligated,even as he already had been told by many they had recieved a reward.He still felt a tugging urge to help.Of course when he had first met the Shaded one he was scared who wouldnt be,the bloke looked like Death imself.His companion odd as well very stoic,almost void of feeling.

The Miner had whispered rumors to the Shaded one about the Djin,he thought that was all that would come of it.Low and behold the Shaded one and his female friend both standing outside the mine waiting for him to come off his shift.He gave a simple nod to Grimm,and a bow to Melo."I assume ye came fer more o'dat gossip on da Djin"?.The Miner said in a accented slur.Grimm spoke quickly and curtly."Over a meal"? The Miner's eyes grew large and he nodded quickly,wiping sweat from his blackened face and hands and replacing the dirty rag into his back pocket.

Melo stood in the shadow of Grimm she had not spoken sense he had asked her about the topic of eating, Melo had receded into herself searching her brain for a way to make sense of the events that had taken place in the past several days, there had been talk of souls, of friendship, family, and many other things. Melo  had never been an emotional type, even among her siblings she had been the quiet one, most likely the reason she had been trained as a sniper. Well in the end it mattered not. It seemed to Melo that Grimm had been somewhat busy in the time she had been unconscious, he had made a connection with the locals to help ferret out Intel on his target that may or may not exist as it where. Either way Melo considered it a good first step.

Melo was unsure of what to think of the fellow, most likely he felt the same way. They where two very different beings, though of the same species it was likely that the man had more in common with Grimm who was not even human, Melo was more akin to the inorganic consciousness that she had met, though still an oddity among them as an organic being that lacked feeling. Well seemed to anyway, Melo rarely thought about such things, Perhaps Grimm's words were starting to affect her mentality, Melo would have to do something about that

Grimm spoke again with fluidity and defintion in his tone."We can dine wherever ye wish i think a meal would do us all well.It had been long since he broke bread with any it was a communion he missed,even tho it was a trivial thing.He believed it would do them all good and who would turn up a free meal.His eyes glanced at the smile and then to Melo,giving a nod.His wings seemed to ruffle slightly as the wind picked up outside the mine.The aroma of rock soot,and dust stired thick in the air.Seth ruffled his feathers as well with a crone.The shades doing their endless waltz about his dark form

He was still thinking about Melos response still thinking of a way to explain things in a way she could comprehend he would not speak anymore upon the matter until he camE to resolution in his mind.He waited for the Miners reply,waited for his response,waited for the wind to die,mostly he waited for his mind to figure out the problem at hand.

The Miner listens as the conversation goes back and forth. After a long day of hard work, his appetite is nearly insatiable and the thought of food sets in. There was no way he was turning down a meal, or sending the Heroes of Morgana away so easily. There was no better way, in his mind, to spend the rest of his day. 

"Les go to da' Brokin Plank. Da gotsome goooood food there."

There was little hesitance in his voice or step as he decided to lead the way. Knowing that these two were still strangers to the land, though welcomed, probably didn't know there way around like most others. He knew that some had gone on the Scavenger Hunt, which was a great way to see the city for all it was. Those who didn't, probably had a hard time navigating the large city. It wouldn't take long for the three of them to make their way to the Broken Plank. 

Upon entering the tavern, the smell of food and alcohol filled the air. A deep breath would cause the Miner to cough slightly in pleasure. Taking a seat at the bar, hoping the other two would join him, the bartender would approach with menus. Placing the menus in front of them, the Miner would dig his nose into it, distracted. "I'll take the fish pasta with an ale." Saying this, the bartender waits for the two to order.

"So, the djin aye? Goin after it after all?" 

Melo glances as the men and uses a single finger to tap what a appears to be the local spin on salad on the menu. after that Melo looks resumes her state of general disinterest. There was not much for Melo to say anyways, the man ideally would do all the talking even if Melo did talk she would be unable to add any information to the conversation, after all she was here to hear, not to speak

Melo had become increasingly taciturn in the past few years increasingly so as of recent. Melo had never been one to work woth another and she would have to begin readjusting her techniques to better fit combat scenarios with multiple friendly targets.

He ordered a bottle of dark rum as always.For food he pondered for a moment before deciding.He chose simply fresh baked bread and butter. His eyes looked left and the right at the busy place his cowl drooping lowly upon his brow.When the Miner mentioned the Djin he nodded quickly."Any information given would be appreciated".He watched Melo order the salad.He also was happy the Miner was happy about his selection.He dropped a few coins on the table and as he waited for his rum,he pulled his tabac box from his sling. He opened it.and the deep aroma of the tabac filled the air,his fingers began their undaunted task of taking a tabac full leaf and rolling it with the shreds.Fingers moved with speed and meticulously rolled the smoke in no more then a few moments.His eyes never looked down once.

As his fingers stopped he finally let the shadows relinquish their hold of his cowl it dropped to his shoulders revealing his face still pale tho his usual long black and white locks of hair were gone his head now shaven and a middle sized chin strap of hair had grown black with two white streaks on each side.He popped the smoke into his mouth striking flint to stone to ignite a dry piece of leaf he had ripped from the main specifically for that purpose.Catching fire he raised the leaf to his smoke and inhaled deeply,of the grey tendrils.His usual lime glowing eyes seemed to dim to a emerald in the light when his hood was not perched upon his brow.He sat there looking on and waiting for the Miners tale to begin.