Ayden

Imposture! [Quest]

[box]

Imposture Guard
While most of the rebel population in Morgana no longer exists, there seems to be a few here and there that keep slipping through the cracks. Word on the street is that some guard has been going around causing trouble in the city. The exact whereabouts of the unknown imposture have made his capture difficult. Solve the mystery of this imposture guard and bring him to justice!

Quest Reward: 100vB and Imposture's Mask: A mask that allows the wearer to conceal their identity. The facial features of the wearer can change on whim and as desired. Blond hair is now brown, blue eyes now green, big nose to little nose, even male to female. This is by far the best way to conceal your identity without anyone ever knowing. On the other hand, if you want to be famous for a day and strut around as a Queen or King you can. Use at your own discretion!

[/box]

As the city streets of Morgana blister with the heat of the daylight, the common folk seem to be going about their daily business with much familiarity and ease as any other day. It had been months since the city faced any violence from anyone or any group. The rebels that held the land so long ago were long gone. Even the misguided attack from the Merfolk had come to a calm. The city had rebuilt itself time and time again, proving that it was truly worthy of standing on such harsh desert grounds. 

A wonderful cool breeze pushes through the city, kicking up a small storm of sand in the process. Some people would cover their eyes, others would ignore it, for the white sand of the desert outside their home was no stranger. For someone who wasn't accustomed to such weather or environment, they would find themselves at a disadvantage. The uncomfortable situation was nothing more than another ordinary day.

Yet, today was no ordinary day. The guards were in a hub-bub over something or another. While it was hard to figure out what exactly it was that they were concerned over, they appear to be searching for something or someone. The extra foot traffic from the guards in black had caused some concerns with the locals, but they had full trust in them. For now, they all went along their way, allowing the guards to handle whatever business needed tending to..

Faith flies into the town a light trail of sand behind her. She lands and the ground sinks a little as she does. She was still trying to work on her landing she never returned the gravity to normal immediately but she was close to it. The top of her glove appeared to be the most maintained part of her attire the emblem that was on top of it looked shiny and clean. It was the emblem of her division in The Army Of Souls, Darkness Falls. The rest of her attire appeared to be somewhat tattered. as she lands there's some dust kicked up from her changing the gravity. She had heard there was some kind of problems in the guards. She wanted to help them for numerous reasons but she was most intrigued about the rumor she had heard about it but it was just a rumor and she didn't know whether she could trust it. First thing she wanted to do was to go to the police station and check on any of the new guards there might be. She felt that would be the best place to start but first she had to wait for her partner to arrive. Faith figured her partner would be there soon.

Scarlet stepped out of the shadows. Her normal armor had been replaced by more comfortable and light clothing which wouldn't impair her movement. That way, she'd not need to worry as much about the troubling heat and her difficulties in keeping up, seeing as she wasn't really a great runner. She wore all black, which likely hadn't been a good decision for her. Leather everything-- leather seemed to be Scarlet's go-to fabric when she wasn't sporting metal armor. Durable, lightweight and flexible. The only reason she had metal armor was because of its great use in defending her without her efforts. Her armor's joints, at least, granted it a bit of mobility.

The sand in her face was vexing, but Scarlet didn't act as though it was bothering her. It had been a while since she had traveled in this weather; usually she made an effort to avoid it. Now was different, however, seeing as her partner- more like her boss- had decided that they were to travel here. It wasn't a big deal, anyway.

Had Scarlet been wearing her armor (which, on any normal occasion, she would have been), then it would have been notable that both sleeves possessed the insignia of the Army of Souls. Even so, the emblem was in the form of a separate badge, tucked into Scarlet's scarf. For some reason, she was still wearing a scarf, despite the weather. The scarf was hiding her mouth behind it, and all of her neck. It must have been hot for Scarlet with the thick fabric pressed against her skin.

Scarlet's eyes were trained on the feathered ends of the said scarf when she took her first few steps out of the sun. They were lazily waving along with the breeze.

Eventually, she lifted her head and looked around for Faith, nearing the city of Morgana. Her face was a mask clear of expression, or so it seemed from the nose up.

Faith smiles as she sees Scarlet. She looks around making sure no one sees them or is in ear shot. They wouldn't want people to know why they are there until they need it. She looks at scarlet after its clear and says.

"Okay Scarlet. So I have a basic plan. We go to the police station and tell them that we are here to get some more info on the stuff happening with them and ask for the info on the newest officers with in the last couple of months but we should make sure that we don't revel we are here for the case about the officer acting weird and causing mayhem. If that gets through he will likely cover up his tracks more."

Faith figured this would work but how they could find a way to do that without alarm was a little over her head. Oh well they could do it fine she had faith. If worse comes to worse they could say why they were really here but like she said that could cause some alarm in the guard. Now if it was an old guard that would be harder do to the fact there were allot of them to go through but the new guards would be easier to go through and collect info on.

(OOC: Scarlet goes by Red. I just call her Scarlet because she's the only one who knows her real name.)

Scarlet watched Faith as she smiled. The girl glanced about- Scarlet assumed, to find that the coast was clear- and then began to speak. Scarlet absorbed the said information and didn't give a spoken response. Instead, her answer was a nod, the curt kind that said she was all-business in the moment. It did, however, seem clear that Scarlet was always all-business, no-party. That got boring, and she knew it but didn't care.

Now, Scarlet didn't know about Faith, but she could probably have just become invisible and gone through the records herself. It might be a bit odd if a guard noticed that pages were flipping (if they even had paper records nowadays), anyway. Scarlet would probably make it if they were found out, anyway. No harm done even if she was arrested-- she could get herself to walk straight through the prison bars, no problem. That would be a cinch, but also a total waste of time. And Scarlet was a big fan of not wasting time. So she would do her best to have this plan be successful.

Faith nodded back. She liked Reds easiness to follow orders. Faith looked back around. No signs of an eavesdropper. As they walked to the police station Faith would look around every so often. She said to Red as they walked.

"The problem is what we tell them to see the papers. To girls walking in and asking for the records isn't exactly subtle."

Faith figured Red might have an answer but she wasn't to sure. Her closes plan was to try and convince them to let her see the records but assassins didn't exactly have people skills. It's not need in her field. As they walk Faith notices the police station up ahead and stops.

"If you have an idea I'd like to know now. Once we enter we need to have our plan set in stone."

Scarlet followed Faith without question. She didn't bother worrying. What was the point of worrying when nothing had happened as of yet? She wouldn't know.

Scarlet was listening intently. She didn't need to watch herself; in her opinion, if there was nothing but the wind and the sand blowing in it that she heard in her sharp ears, there was probably not a predator which needed watch by her sharp eyes. Either that, or her sharp eyes weren't going to catch them, no matter how many senses she tried to use.

Scarlet nearly laughed at Faith's next words. Of course she had a solution for that: it was what her abilities were meant for.

Scarlet stopped alongside Faith, her voice a murmur, as usual. "I'll get straight to the records and look through them without notice. We should be careful about them seeing pages being flipped, though. And I need help opening the door." She didn't bother mentioning how she would get to the records, but if Faith trusted her partner, it shouldn't matter. Scarlet didn't like flaunting about her abilities; in that way, she resembled them. She would, however, need a place to hide while becoming invisible. Not to mention, she couldn't open the door, because doors don't usually open on their own... And transparent beings can't flip record pages.

Edited by RavenSorrow

Faith nods at Red. They continue on there walk. faith was a little less worried. She didn't glance around any more. Faith says.

"Okay then I will distract them some how to get the door open. You sneak in get what we need. Leave No Prints there. Prints lead to detection. Detection leads to failure. After you get the leave. If need be just take the records we need but i prefer you write down what we need they won't notice blank paper or a pen missing."

With that they walk into the police building. Faith smiles at the receptionist, while walking up to her leaving Red to set at a chair waiting and say to her nicely and sweetly.

"Hello miss, I'm here with a friend and we wondered ever so much if I could ask a few questions? You see I recently found something and have some basic questions."

While she does this she looks around and when no ones looking the record room door's gravity is lowered and faith looks at Red and nods signaling to her to get ready.

Lucky for them, the distraction was working and Scarlet would be able to act. Within the record's room, there are several cabinets and files all about. While normally it would take loads of time to figure out where everything was, especially if someone from the outside came in, they would luck out. A red label could easily be seen as it rested on the top of the closest cabinet: Active Cases. There would be many, many open files to choose from, but the chances of finding their information would be greatly increased in their favor. 

"Black Rock Spider"

"Scavenger Hunts"

"Black Shadow - Updates"

"Imposture"

The files would go on and on, but it would seem that with some luck, there was a file already on this case. Upon examination of the file, more information could easily be gathered. "Imposture:" [spoiler]Situation: Someone posing as a guard has been causing trouble all over Morgana. There was one attack, some robbery, and a possible kidnapping. Our primary focus has been to assure the people that the city Guard is doing all they can to bring this criminal to justice.

Suspects: After going through every Guard file, we have determined that none of our people are actually involved. Whoever this is must of stole a uniform and is capable of blending in rather well. I dare say some sort of magic is used to manipulate his face... I swear I saw the same Guard walk past me twice in a row. I thought it was deja vu, but now I'm seriously reconsidering...

Signed: James Sprague Guard Officer of Morgana[/spoiler]

Edited by Ayden

Scarlet had pushed her scarf down to let her face show, seeing as she guessed that someone with a hidden face like that might seem suspicious. Then again, she was generally a suspicious-looking person. After a moment, she walked over to where there was a turn in a hallway, and, finding nobody there, started to fall into little molecules. Or so it seemed. She appeared to disintegrate completely into thin air, although really that was just a visual effect and she was very much the same. Only, she was invisible. One might take note that she wasn't transparent. All of her clothes, too, suddenly disappeared into space, and she would have looked the same, should she have been seen. Scarlet stepped lightly as she traveled toward the records' room, and knew that having turned a corner, she might be looked for soon, but that would merely make for a better distraction. She hoped Faith would trust her on this.

For a mere moment when Scarlet reached the door, she strained her abilities into becoming transparent (which was much more difficult, but possible for her), and she walked straight through the door. The effects of transparency faded almost immediately due to Scarlet's lack of attentiveness, which had been the goal, seeing as while transparent, she couldn't flip the pages of the file-- if it was there at all.

Fortunately for Scarlet, resting atop a cabinet close to her was a folder labeled 'Active Cases'. She guessed this was what she was looking for. Upon noticing it, she quickly and quietly opened the folder, searching its contents.

"Black Rock Spider"... "Scavenger Hunts"... "Black Shadow- Updates"... There were some other cases that Scarlet wasn't interested in, but eventually she found what she was looking for. Imposture.

Faith continued to talk with the receptionist.

"So your saying that I have 3 daies until it's mine?"

"Yes you do but you should post signs to try and find the person."

"Okay. So if I find them or they find me it becomes there's?

"Yes"

This continued on for a while Faith finding random little details to ask her about. Eventually Faith couldn't distract her much longer and the receptionist looked over and didn't see Red.

"Where is your friend at?"

"Well I would guess the bathroom. She didn't go before we came ..." she tries to distract her agian hoping Red was almost done "Anyways so this Item could you help us with guidelines for it?"

"Yes I can. That's simple try to include a picture of it or some kind of description ...."

Faith tuned her out but it wasn't obvious in the slightest. Faith looked around after a while and says.

"Okay I think I get it"

Scarlet, who had handwriting that would rival a typewriter's for neatness and easily overcome it for speed, picked up a notepad from on a nearby desk (covered in a messy array of papers, documents of all sorts), grabbed a pen, and quietly ripped the paper from the pad. Scarlet placed the notepad back where she had found it in complete silence. She then placed the paper gently on the cabinet, using it as a surface to write upon, and being careful to ensure that there was no trace of what she would do next.

Glancing back and forth between the case file and her notebook paper, Scarlet summarized the document and wrote the main details down on the notepad paper. She noted to herself that anything not written on the paper that might need to be remembered, so she memorized them as best as she could with the time period she had (which was pretty well, considering how focused a person Scarlet was).

When this task had been accomplished, Scarlet shifted the record back to the way it had been found, recovered the other case files and replaced them in the order they had been found, and closed the folder after checking for any other useful documents, returning the folder to its original place. Scarlet folded the paper, placed the pen back where she had found it, glad she was wearing gloves (despite that her fingerprints were burned off), and folded the paper she had written on, tucking it in the folds of her scarf so it was not visible. She was running out of energy to stay invisible with her having focused on writing for as long as she had.

Scarlet strained her abilities to become transparent again, dashed through the door, and withheld her urges to go back to normal as she sprinted silently through the corner of the wall to the corner which she had turned earlier, checking carefully to make sure the coast was clear. Then she ran through into the bathroom, rushing into a stall. She allowed herself to return to the comfort of being invisible.

Of course, invisibility can only be held up for so long, and that time period was most certainly enough for Scarlet. She was not going to exhaust her abilities and further.

From a pocket in her pants hidden by her shirt, Scarlet pulled out a butterfly sword with her left hand, and gently pulled off her right glove with her mouth so her right hand was free.

And she sliced her right hand's wrist with the blade in her left hand.

Lucky for Scarlet, as she wiped the small wrist cut clean of blood and cleaned off her sword, she was healing rapidly. Another ability of hers... Scarlet wasn't going to have that wound soon. In less than a minute, it would be gone. But it had served its purpose.

Very suddenly, Scarlet was materializing again, particles coming together until she fully reformed.

Scarlet put her glove back on and waited a little bit.

Faith looked at the receptionist who by this point was done with there conversation. The receptionist looks around seeing no signs of Red.

"Where is your partner again?"

"The bathroom I told you."

It was pretty apparent the receptionist was having a hard time believing that. Faith walked off around the corner after saying.

"I'll go check on her. She's probably fine though."

This was a desperate attempt to get away from her. Faith was really hoping Red was done. Faith walks into the bathroom and to the sink. She splashes water on her face as if to make sure she was awake. She hated being the distraction it made her nervous but it was fine. She wipes her face dry and throws the paper towel away. She walks back outside to the receptionist after a minute and says.

"She's fine. No need to worry."

Scarlet grinned to herself when Faith suddenly walked into the bathroom. She supposed her partner hadn't noticed that Scarlet was in the bathroom. Scarlet opened the door to the stall, feeling exhaustion begin to sink in due to overexertion, and walked out, legs feeling like Jell-O, but looking perfectly fine.

And with that, Scarlet smoothed out her leather clothes and allowed her boots to click softly as she reached the door to the bathroom, which she opened without any concealment of her actions. She deliberately made her footsteps sound about normal in volume as she strolled back toward the receptionist and Faith. When she arrived, her face expressed the fact that she was very embarrassed.

How could a lady such as she take such a long time in the bathroom?

Her face was a light pink, and Scarlet- despite the fact that her face was a pale white color already- was paler than usual other than that, suggesting she might have been sick. From the way she was shaking visibly, it sure seemed as such. Scarlet didn't look like she was in the mood to speak.

Faith smiles at the receptionist and then looks at Red saying.

"Come on lets get you home you look like you might be sick. Thanks for all your help miss."

The last part was aimed at the receptionist. Faith walks out with Red and when there a good distance away Faith makes sure no one is around listening to them and she looks at Red with a smiles. She says to her.

"So Red did you get the papers we needed?"

Faith believed in Red's abilities but she had to make sure red had gotten what they needed from the police station. Once they had the stuff they needed. Faith would go to the possible suspects and question them to get what they needed. It would be a simple process if the person was actually on the list.