Ayden

The Haunting of Morgana [Quest]

[box]

Three Unique Souls

For whatever reason, unknown to the many citizens of Morgana, it has been rumored that three very different ghosts have been causing a display of various scenes. While most people are petrified at the pale, almost human, yet transparent beings, their actions have brought great curiosity. The first ghost rumored has been chasing people, literally causing three deaths by simply touching them. A murderous touch plays with this soul that scares people away. The second ghost is a little girl, screaming in the middle of the night and crying. The disturbance draws many worried individuals to her aid, but the little girl disappears before anyone can help her. The last of which is said to be a mysterious one. Unlike the others, he is rather quite and always on the move, as if hunting for something. His presence doesn't necessarily scare the other people away, for if anything, he appears to be a warrior trying to complete a noble task. Find these ghosts, these poor lost souls, and free them or stop them from causing any more chaos in Morgana.

Quest Reward: 150vB and the Band of Souls: Allows the wearer of this armband to summon one ghostly comrade that fights for you. The ghost can take form and shape to whatever the wearer desires. The band simply channels the souls from the world beyond to summon them here with us. The wearer of this band controls that ghost for a limited time. Most commonly summoned are the warriors for combat purposes, or companions for those who simply need a friend. 

[/box]

The night sky had just formed over the large and massive city of Morgana. The second biggest city in all of Orisia holds true to its nature of trade and bustling activity. Even as the sun sets on the horizon, the various people within Morgana seem to be wondering all around. Though some businesses were shutting down for the night, others were opening up. While Morgana wasn't exactly banging with the night life, the vampires and other nocturnal individuals would take charge to keep the city running like a well oiled machine.

It seemed that the last few nights had caused quite the stir in Morgana. Talk had flooded the city in regards to the ghostly appearance of three very unique souls. The disturbances had put the city guard on alert, causing them to patrol more often and frequently than normal until the situation was resolved. Even with the heightened activity, there was simply not enough guards to cover the entirety of Morgana. Outside of Castle Heights, the fortress in Morgana, a single guard stands firm.

Arms crossed, a large blade upon his black, dressed in the blacks of Morgana and outfitted with the crystals that the city offered. His slick black hair would be flushed backwards revealing a tan forehead and steel eyes. Groups of guards would come to and fro, reporting into him. "James, the Northern Section is clear. No discrepancies." The report had come in and James listened for only a second before offering a response. "Thank you, keep doing your rounds and report in every hour." The two guards looked at James before offering a nod in understatement. Without further words, the two guards would carry on with their duties. It seemed all was well upon this night... for now anyway.

[spoiler] 2e4g9xi.png[/spoiler]

Morgana city. One of Orisia's many thriving cities, and another hallmark to the island's flourishing state under the Black Queen's rule. Meliora had been here before, once to help quell the Merfolk rebellion and again outside the walls when Sir Leo Hawklight, a fellow Black Heart, was battling his inner demons. Pun not intended. Anyway, she found herself coming back to the city more and more often after those two incidents. Especially after another disturbance reported in the city--for this, she had arrived at Castle Heights to see if she could be of any help. Outside the fortress stood a familiar man who Meliora recalled seeing once in Morgana.

"James, the Northern Section is clear. No discrepancies," one in a pair of guards just reported to him.

Ah, James, Meliora thought, recalling the name. He was the one she saw in the River Trade District that one time with the rioting Merfolk. Though he was not a Knight of the Black Heart, he wore the pendant as faithfully as one.

"Thank you, keep your rounds and report in every hour," James responded to them. When they were off, Meliora stepped forward, coming up to James with a salute.

"Meliora Launceleyn, at your service," she said. "It's been quite a while. I trust you've been well, James?" After that question, was another to inquire about the state of Morgana's newest troubles: "I've been hearing that the city has some new disturbances. Information on my end was not quite clear, though. Would it be too much trouble to ask for an account from you?" She trusted James over the rumors that had been flowing about, that much was certain.

“Ah, beautiful Orisia.”

…was a phrase that Maria would never say nor think, out loud or to herself or otherwise. No matter how visually appealing, how breathtaking, how fantastic it might be at times, the crimson-eyed woman could not bring herself to like it. It was something about the whole ensemble, in the ground, in the air, in its very existence that rubbed her the wrong way. It didn't bother her too much today, though. This excursion was for her own enjoyment, and Maria would never be deterred from her own enjoyment. Blood usually flowed when people tried.

Her boots clicked on the cobbled stone as she strode through the evening streets of the city of Morgana. The night air was dry and cool, and a slightly suffocating aura of apprehension draped itself over the streets. Undoubtedly the work of the three spirits she had come here to investigate. Every so often, she would come across one of the black guards on patrol, who would typically pin her with a curious look before continuing with his job, as well-trained guards were wont to do. Maria sighed after every one of these encounters. If nothing else, they had good security here in this fair city, and it was unlikely she would be able to pull off any murders.

Murders. Maria stared at the ground in front of her as she paced ever forward along the stony road. The ghost of death. To kill with just a touch, and without any observable damage. Magic, undoubtedly, but it interested her all the same. Even if this path of inquiry led nowhere interesting, it still ended with this murderer dead. She couldn't stand murderers. Call it a jealousy, but Maria absolutely hated the thought of others having her fun, living or dead. Or perhaps she found it alluring to play games with those who were just like her. Who knew?

The Castle loomed up out of the swiftly thickening darkness. She took another glance at the crumpled-up paper clutched in her hand. This was the place. And, if the constant stream of reporting guards was any indication, there was the guy, talking with a pink-haired--Maria ran her eyes over the armor—Black Knight. Interesting. But it didn't matter to her. The paper returned to its crumpled state as she approached the man, hand stifling a yawn.

“Hello. My name is Alie. [acronym='Take a guess. If you get it right, I'll laugh. Come on, it's a riddle, a challenge.']Alie Zarin[/acronym].” It was an officer of the law. One could never be too careful, no matter what continent one was on. “I saw that there was some trouble with ghosts here, so I've come to lend my aid.”

Edited by Just a First Mahai

((My apologies for taking so long.))

Aleister had decided to take a stroll in the city.  But why in the nighttime? Well, the city was still bustling with people.  No one really retired early, considering how largely populated it was.  He wasn't tired yet and was rather restless at home--he lived in a rather large house, what with his father being a successful goldsmith.  Al decided that a walk around the city would do him good.  Plus, he was recently given a wolf hybrid puppy who he wanted to spend as much time with as he could.  The male pup, who he named Lion, was walking at the end of a leash that Aleister was holding in his hand.  Lion was happily flopping along the path, but Aleister looked more indifferent and nonchalant as he passed by the crowd of people.

[spoiler]tumblr_static_gj30qxhmxcg8gso8wgc0g88w.p[/spoiler]

Meliora had not been talking to James long when they were approached by a pale woman with flowing black hair. "Hello. My name is Alie. Alie Zarin. I saw that there was some trouble with ghosts here, so I've come to lend my aid.” She had the most striking crimson eyes Meliora had ever seen on a person. She also carried a sword on her back, her cloak was of quality material, and an aquamarine necklace on silver chain adorned her neck. So she seemed rather well-to-do, at least for herself. Meliora nodded her way.

"So it's with ghosts that we've got trouble? Then it's not just rumors..." she trailed off a moment, thinking. To Alie, she said, "Help would be much appreciated. Do you come on the part of any particular organization? Or is it just yourself?"

"So it's with ghosts that we've got trouble? Then it's not just rumors...”

The crimson-eyed woman raised an eyebrow or two. She had come here thinking the situation fine, if plagued with a supernatural pestilence, but it seemed that a state of confusion had draped itself over the city and its guards, if even the Black Knights were uncertain about their existence. It didn't make this job any easier, but it added a nice flavor to the atmosphere. “I've heard that they are ghosts, but even if that's a fabrication of some crazy mind, there's still something stalking the streets of Morgana.”

Help would be much appreciated. Do you come on the part of any particular organization? Or is it just yourself?"

Maria gave a slight bow to the knight. Necessary precautions. “I've no affiliations to bind me. I've come to satisfy my own curiosity, and perhaps rid the city of a stain or two upon its citizenry.”  

James had watched carefully as those around him approached after his guards left. The massive sword latched behind him swayed ever so slightly as both his arms crossed in front of him in a stern manner. The slated eyed Guard instantly recognized Meliora with her crazy pink hair, and was thrilled to see her curiosity had led her to him. Before he had much of a chance to say too much, another female figure produced herself in a helpful manner.

"The more help the better."

His words were kind and gentle, almost opposite of his demeanor in a misleading way. Regardless if the two decided to work together, the more information everyone had the better. "Please listen carefully," he started as his voice became cautious to those around him. He hoped they would heed this information with some warning, and not take it too lightly. "I'm not one to believe in ghosts myself, but whatever they are... they've been causing problems." 

His eyes looked around, scanning them both up and down, taking a single breath, before starting once more. "One of the ghosts running around has been able to kill three people so far by touching them. After examining the bodies, it appears that their hearts have stopped. Like an induced heart attack." Before either of them could combat the possible reasons behind a heart attack, such as old age or bad health, James would be quick to crush those thoughts as he continued. "One victim was just a little boy, another was a mother, and the third was an elder man." There seemed to be no rhyme or reason behind it. "We were told he appears manic, crazy, wild." 

He would let this information soak in, hoping they realize that this task would be no joke. "A little girl that appears to be a ghost has been randomly spotted throughout the city, screaming her head off in the middle of the night. We're hoping to spot her tonight at the minimum, while avoiding any more deaths caused by the first ghost. Her high pitch scream is enough to wake anyone within 100 yards out of a dead sleep from within their homes."

It sounded ridiculous, but the reports given with multiple witnesses to verify the information had made the information too legitimate... if such a thing were possible. "As for the third ghost, we have no idea what his intentions are. Only few have spotted him,  even less have filed any report since he seems to keep to himself. One report indicated that he looked like a warrior on a hunt or chase. Yet he always vanishes before anything ever happens. He's the least of our problems right now."

With all of that being said, James would shift on his feet ever so slightly to take a firm glance at both of them. "Meliora, Alie." He nodded in appreciation of their support. "Help me get some answers, stop this nonsense, and you will be rewarded on behalf of Morgana." Though he didn't say exactly what the reward was, James had always compensated those who helped the city guard or Morgana.