Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Voting has reset for the month of September. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

• Announcements

• supernal

Vote for Valucre [September]   09/01/2017

Voting for the month of September is open on TopRPSites! Vote for Valucre daily and help new members searching for a place to roleplay discover the same joys you have in Valucre. You can vote daily, so make voting for Valucre a habit. Discussion thread
Cordeliane

Work Rants, unbelievably stupid questions...

I work in service, any Canadian knows Pizza Pizza or as it is called out West Pizza 73.

I am a Pizza Cook and cashier there... I have been asked dumb things but the last month takes the cake.

So far I have been asked "Do you sell Muffins and Cookies?"  or "You sell fries, do you sell burgers too,?" ( The Pizza Pizza I work at is next to A&W) or "Can I get mayo for my fries" We are a Pizza place what would we have mayo in the store for?? But today, today a whole new level of Stupid was reached.... "Are your Deep fried Dill Pickles chicken or Fish...?"

How do some people reach adult hood??

I work in service, any Canadian knows Pizza Pizza or as it is called out West Pizza 73.

I am a Pizza Cook and cashier there... I have been asked dumb things but the last month takes the cake.

So far I have been asked "Do you sell Muffins and Cookies?"  or "You sell fries, do you sell burgers too,?" ( The Pizza Pizza I work at is next to A&W) or "Can I get mayo for my fries" We are a Pizza place what would we have mayo in the store for?? But today, today a whole new level of Stupid was reached.... "Are your Deep fried Dill Pickles chicken or Fish...?"

How do some people reach adult hood??

I'm no fry-cook, so I may be mistaken, but I believe it may be the case that, in certain instances, the batter of fried foods contains elements (grease?) from various meats. See: Chicken Fried Steak.

Someone who doesn't eat foul may be opposed to Chicken Fried Pickles.

Edited by Not a Golden Retriever

We use Canola oil for frying at Work, and she was not talking about the frying of the pickles, she asked if they were Chicken or Fish, not if they were fried in lard. ... when i told her they were Pickles she said, oh the name makes sense now..

Just this week had a user that was convinced her machine's audio jack didn't work. Came from upstate NY down to the city to have her machine serviced and turns out the mute button was on.

Not quite the level of what we're talking about above, but getting there.

When I was in high school, I worked at a bakery as a cake decorator, and one Sunday morning I got the most amazing phone call:

Me: Bakery department!

Teacher/Customer: Hi! Yes, I'd like to order a cake for my Kindergarten class!

Me: I can definitely do that for you. What were you thinking?

Teacher/Customer: Well something big, like a half sheet cake, nothing too fancy, write "Class of 20XX" on it.

Me: Alright great, how would you like to decorate the cake? Anything special? Specific colors?

Teacher/Customer: Oh! What can you do?

Me: I can do roses, streamers, confetti, balloons -

Teacher/Customer: OH NO NO NO!!! DON'T PUT BALLOONS ON IT. SOME OF THE CHILDREN ARE ALLERGIC TO LATEX!

Me: ......... Well, I can do it with frosting too, ma'am.

Teacher/Customer: Oh! Lovely, let's do that then!

Me: ........... /is quietly dying

It takes all kinds, man! All freaking kinds lol

And this woman was a teacher. Of young children. All of the facepalming.

Edited by ~Harlow.

I work at a used book store, (actually the last remaining one in the. City) and some people....

>person walks in
>widens eyes
>store is like a college dorm room, just made up of books
>picks up a book
>reads it for a good solid five minutes
>looks at back and front
>walks over to me
>book in hand
>ASKS FOR TITLE OF BOOK

Do people pretend to know how to read?