Voting has reset for the month of May. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

supernal

Pre-registration questions for Guests

132 posts in this topic

Hallo~

After a long search for a site that suits my tastes, I think I've found it. ^^

Although, I have one question.

I've been reading your overview page and I'm slightly confused. 

Is it mandatory that I roleplay within the realm of Valucre? Or can I roleplay with another time era/ setting. 

Thank you in advance~

4 minutes ago, Guest Potential member said:

Hallo~

After a long search for a site that suits my tastes, I think I've found it. ^^

Although, I have one question.

I've been reading your overview page and I'm slightly confused. 

Is it mandatory that I roleplay within the realm of Valucre? Or can I roleplay with another time era/ setting. 

Thank you in advance~

You can play in another time, era or planetary setting inside of the Alternative board. 

Hope to see you around!

Hi

I've already emailed you at valucre@gmail.com a couple of days ago but as I haven't got a reply yet I decided to try to get some help here in this thread.

I used to role play here at Val over a year ago and now that I want to return I'm having having some problems. 

Firsf, my username changed from Naminè15 to Naminé15. All my posts are intact, it's just the username that's different. 

Finally, I forgot the password for both my Valucre account and the old email adress I used to have back when I first signed up. 

Is there a way for me return to the site without having to register again?

6 minutes ago, Guest Naminé15 said:

Hi

I've already emailed you at valucre@gmail.com a couple of days ago but as I haven't got a reply yet I decided to try to get some help here in this thread.

I used to role play here at Val over a year ago and now that I want to return I'm having having some problems. 

Firsf, my username changed from Naminè15 to Naminé15. All my posts are intact, it's just the username that's different. 

Finally, I forgot the password for both my Valucre account and the old email adress I used to have back when I first signed up. 

@supernal, @desolate ^ That's a Boss task. I'll bet the switch over in forums when we changed the /topic/ for SEO purposes messed that up, because I had posts that used special Alt+ codes that were all messed up after the change. 

... I almost started writing up a how-to on this. Some things never change. :/

Edited by Syncopy

14 minutes ago, Guest Naminé15 said:

Hi

We can change the name to make it easier for you to log in but if you can't verify that you are the account holder, either by logging in or resetting the PW to the email that's associated with the account, then we can't in good faith hand the password over to someone that may not be the account holder. 

I suggest making a new account. If you figure out the email or password later on we can merge the two accounts

Syncopy likes this

I have been searching for a new rp site, but find it difficult to get involved because I'm very shy by nature. How would you assist someone like me?

DmitriNoir likes this

36 minutes ago, Guest Lonewolf said:

I have been searching for a new rp site, but find it difficult to get involved because I'm very shy by nature. How would you assist someone like me?

Hello Lonewolf. 

I think the answer to your question is less about arming you with individualized tools and more about placing you and the community in a complementary orbit around each other. What I mean by this is that we've made concentrated efforts to create and maintain a community that is friendly, that is welcoming, that is helpful, and look for these same qualities in our staff. Rather than thinking about it in terms of what we can do to assist, what I hope we've done is create a site where that kind of assistance isn't required. 

For example, we have an area specifically for members to introduce themselves to the community. You make a thread, tell us a bit about yourself, some of our community tells you about themselves, and a dialogue is opened. We also have an area specifically for new members to roleplay with new members, the tavern of legend, so that there isn't the pressure to learn everything about the site or have to go out and try to collect people to play with - they're all right there, and they're new too. The tavern of legend also has mentors, members specifically chosen for their interest and ability in helping new members, answering questions, and so on. 

And I, an admin of the site, make my inbox available to new and old members alike for questions or concerns so you can feel comfortable speaking directly to the highest authority. 

I hope that helps clarify my stance and that it hopefully addresses your concerns. I also hope we see you around. 

I'm part of a D&D campaign and I'm looking for ways to polish up my roleplaying skills. Would you say that the roleplaying here can help me with that? Is tabletop RPing very different to online RPing? 

D&D is very different from forum RP. unless you are DM then it will help you with plotting and planning. Doing both written and Table top myself,I can honestly say that Table top RP is more about the interactions of the people around you as well as the characters you play where as written/Forum RP is pretty much collective story writing.

On 10/29/2016 at 11:53 AM, Guest tea tree said:

I'm part of a D&D campaign and I'm looking for ways to polish up my roleplaying skills. Would you say that the roleplaying here can help me with that? Is tabletop RPing very different to online RPing? 

Tabletop games tend to be a bit more strict in terms of what characters can do and how they can do it compared to the freeform play by post we offer here on Valucre, although there are some forums that emulate a tabletop feel by adding statistics and requirements to character creation and access. 

What we offer here on Valucre has more of a roleplay component. There aren't skill checks, for examples, and you don't use die rolls. Some people like to for various purposes like randomizing effects or actions for a specific roleplay but it isn't required. 

"Collective story writing", as Corde put it, is a good way to think about it

Hi, I've been looking for a fantasy themed roleplaying site and yours seems pretty interesting though I have a couple questions:

Are there any specific guidelines when it comes to the skill needed in participating in certain RP's. Like, I understand theres probably certain threads aimed for more experienced level users but are there a decent amount someone with my skillful can get in? For example, the vast majority of time I spent roleplaying is on MMO's like WoW or such. Because of this, I'm not the most descriptive person and I can't really describe too much detail and prefer making my posts mostly just dialogue. 

How active is the site? Like are we talking about a couple dozen active users, hundred, thousand?

And I skimmed through your overview but didn't see any races, so is it the general default set with dwarves, elves, and such or do you have others?

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Guest ImYourHostKillerKeemstar said:

Hi, I've been looking for a fantasy themed roleplaying site and yours seems pretty interesting though I have a couple questions:

Are there any specific guidelines when it comes to the skill needed in participating in certain RP's. Like, I understand theres probably certain threads aimed for more experienced level users but are there a decent amount someone with my skillful can get in? For example, the vast majority of time I spent roleplaying is on MMO's like WoW or such. Because of this, I'm not the most descriptive person and I can't really describe too much detail and prefer making my posts mostly just dialogue. 

How active is the site? Like are we talking about a couple dozen active users, hundred, thousand?

And I skimmed through your overview but didn't see any races, so is it the general default set with dwarves, elves, and such or do you have others?

Thank you.

1. We do have a few guidelines but they aren't around things like description, depth of detail, or anything like that. We have a guide to help improve user writing if you're interested in reading it but that is completely optionally and written only to give a resource to people that kept asking how they could improve. 

One major guideline is the mild powers article, which limits how powerful a character of their attacks/tactics can be: http://www.valucre.com/lore.html/resources/general/mild-powers/

2. Pretty active. You can go to our All Activity stream to see how active it is on a day to day basis, keeping in mind that today is Sunday after all: http://www.valucre.com/discover/

We have a 100-200 active users on any given day and it cycles through several hundreds of different members throughout a given week. 

3. There are no limitations to races other than mild powers. Dwarves, elves, and other Tolkien-esque/D&D races are allowed but are not the "default" or the "standard". People can, and do, play races and creatures from many different mythologies and make up their own as well. Different parts of different nations may have different, unique races available but you are not limited to those.

Hope this helps, and that we see you around soon. 

Thanks you, that explains a lot though I accidentally forgot to ask something XD So with the current RPs going on, is there like a main one with most people or are there just a lot of individual ones going on at the moment?

1 minute ago, Guest ImYourHostKillerKeemstar said:

Thanks you, that explains a lot though I accidentally forgot to ask something XD So with the current RPs going on, is there like a main one with most people or are there just a lot of individual ones going on at the moment?

Valucre is a planetary setting and so has no one single plot, but many dozens of threads going on at once with varying levels of overall importance. There are some 1x1s that don't have any significance beyond the characters involved, and some nation wide events with many members that have far-reaching consequences. So it depends on what you're looking for. You can read more about this under the plot heading in our overview article: http://www.valucre.com/lore.html/world/valucre-overview/

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor