MeGoRawrr

The Fallen Angels: The Merging Of A Covenant

Sirey LanCrest sat on the wall that surrounded all of Blairville. It was meant to keep all things forbidden out of the city, so people who didn't pose a threat could come and go as they chose. She stared off into the distance, her eyes finding the Tower. It was so tall that stories of it disappeared into the clouds, soaring beyond the sky. She wondered if you could see up into the heavens from the top story. She had never been inside, and it piqued her imagination to no extent. Legends and rumours swirled the image in her mind, warping it into something supernatural to her. She knew she was being absurd, that The Tower was nothing but a building, but she wanted to believe it was something from another world. Like one wanted to believe in fairy tales...

She didn't know if someone lived inside or not. She didn't even know what The Tower was built for. She just marvelled at it, like a child, awestruck. It represented something other than what it was, but she couldn't figure out what it meant to her. Sirey knew that the city she called Blairville had once been Blaurg, and that it had been attacked by Arcantian forces, causing thousands to die. She wondered if that was the reason the name had been changed, to erase the bad memories. She thought it was silly. People weren't just going to forget about the tragedy just because they called it something else. It reminded her of a quote her mother said sometimes.... A rose by any other name still smells as sweet... Or something like that.

She sighed, bringing herself back to the present. She always came here to think. She was here almost everyday to watch the sunset and let go of the events of the day. It became a ritual with her, like how some people went to church on Sunday. This was her sanctuary. She wasn't really a church person, and she didn't have anyone to talk to. So she came to the wall and spilled her secrets to The Tower. It kept her sain, grounded.

Edited by MeGoRawrr

Devin slammed straight into some kind of wall.

It was obviously some kind of man-made structure, for it was much too smooth to be a cliff face.  There was something off about the wall, however.  It felt somehow... [i]alive.[/i]  But it definitely wasn't a person.  It was a wall.

[i]Well, I guess I'm where I am going.[/i]  The air here was much cooler than it had been in the desert in which he had woken up the day before, and he felt as if he had climbed a mountain to get here.  He suspected the view from here would be very pretty if he could see it.

There was a faint smell of human on the breeze mixed with flowers.  One of the upsides of blindness is the recognition of smell.  One may easily change their appearance, but not so much their scent.

"Excuse me, fair lady," for Devin assumed the person nearby was female, no male ought to smell that much like flowers, and calling a lady fair was only proper manners.  "Would you be so kind as to enlighten me as to where I am?  I seem to have lost my way."

This of course, was fallacy, Devin could always reach on his back to touch his staff and know exactly which way his destiny pointed him, but the lady smelled nice, and Devin needed information.  "Oh, and if you wouldn't mind, what year is it?"

Gregor was sitting in a tree near the great wall of Blairville, watching the sunset into the other side of the city. It was a pretty sight, so many different colors filled the sky. And it sort of reminded him of his craft. The sun set, representing death, then rose again in the morning, and coming back to life. But those artistic thoughts were only part of what he was thinking about. His uncle that had showed him this new wonderful new life, had passed away 6 days after he had graduated top class in necromancy. He wished he had someone to share this grief with, but his only company was the weight of his broadsword on his back.

He then noticed someone talking to the girl on the wall. The weird part of it was that girl always came to the wall and watched the tower. She had been there since he started looking at the sun in this tree. Two lonely people staring into the distance, you would have thought they would have become friends in most situations, but not this one. He was always to shy to do so.

The man was asking about where he was and the date. He seemed to be blind, so Gregor decided to help him out. He raised his left hand and the tree he was sitting on came alive and lowered him down to the mans level. He said 'Hello sir, you are standing outside the wall protecting the city of Blairville.' 'It's also 1490.' 'The name is Gregor, a pleasure to meet you.'                 (OOC: just made up a random year, sorry.)

(OOC: I... Cannot write today, I just can't write well today, forgive me.)

The necromancer's wrapped hands, well, if one could call them hands, as there was no mortal flesh under the bandage, but let us assume they are hands. The necromancer's fingers on it's hands wrapped in black cloth twitched, they were long fingers, and one could mistake them for little spider legs. The hand belonged to a hooded and cloaked figure, it's body formed of pure dark energy was surrounded by a black robe reaching it's ankles, two long, red bits of dangling cloth extended from the shoulders of it's robe. On it's hooded head sat a crown, a spiked crown, not a normal kings crown one could see in books or, sometimes, in reality before them, no, this was a strange crown, the base was thin, silver, and round, on the front sides were two short spikes, and on the middle, one long, dark silver spike extended out of the iron base. This was the Iron Crown, quite popular amongst Necromancers, wraiths, and other creatures of the dark. The figure's face was completely covered by another interesting piece of equipment, this was the Masque of Andur the Illusionist, it was a simple iron mask, a simple male face carved into it. But the power it granted was not so simple. This mask granted it's wearer the ability to disappear and reappear in a different location once a day, along with a small amount of face protection, of course.

The figure shivered, but not because of the cold, or out of fear, it simply shivered because it could, it was an old ritual from it's human days. Yes, this being was once human, hundreds of years ago, on a planet called Earth, the time when he was called Aentir, but that name was long gone, and so was the fair lad who would help anyone with their day-to-day duties, here stood a dark Necromancer, leader of the Nine Necromancers under their master, and there was no longer the slightest bit of compassion, love, or forgiveness under that mask, it was Liteki the Necromancer.

Now, why was he in this area? What would he want with mortals? Nothing, actually, well, perhaps abuse them for his rituals, but this was not the case this time around. The force of their dark master lacked any sort of enchanter to help their higher ranks in the army survive, as most enchanters did not wish to work under a tyrannical, abusive master, so it was up to Liteki, the most powerful of the nine, to learn even such a useless skill.

Bah! What a great task to assign to me, the greatest of the Nine, what is Merkon even thinking? I could be of much more use than this! I should just get on with it. The Necromancer shook his "head" as he peered into the distance, seeing the silhouette of a tall tower near a town. Thoughts immediately stormed through his mind, what could be hidden within the tower's walls? Perhaps treasures, artefacts, enchantment scrolls even! There was nothing to debate, Liteki immediately prepared to move, he lifted his arms, and quickly threw them down to the ground. A sound as loud as a cannon echoed through the area, and there was nothing left of Liteki, only a small, black cloud.

The Necromancer appeared as quickly as he disappeared, now standing, or, well, floating (Liteki never walks, he simply floats, just for the effect) near a wall, now significantly closer to the tower, his new point of interest. He quickly scanned the area around him, there seemed to be three puny mortals going about their business. Perhaps he could ask them a few questions about this tower? No, that would be embarrassing, asking mortals for guidance? No way. But what other choice did he have? 

After a short battle raging in his mind, Liteki the Necromancer, or now Liteki the Enchanter silently levitated towards the humanoid creatures. He sighed as his head turned towards them.

"What... Is that tower. It is my great point of interest." He didn't even bother greeting them, nor introducing himself, he simply spoke with a deep, distorted, dark voice.

Edited by Dr. Crazyeyes

The famed Wall of Blairville, the City of Wonder. Delistair shielded his eyes from the last rays of the sun and looked upwards to the top of the famous marvel. It was supposed to be a semi-sentient construct that would stop all but those who passed through its main gates. He wondered about the history of this city that had warranted the construction of this massively long wall. It was not merely a physical barrier; he could feel the powerful protection spells weaved through its stones. As an Abjurer himself, he supposed that it must be a pain for the city's mages to upkeep, given the scale and area of the Wall.

To his curiosity, Delistair spotted a figure on top of the wall. How did the person get up, and how was it that Blairville guards were not after her? He shrugged, pulled his dark green cloak closer around himself against the evening wind, and joined the line of people entering the main gates into the city.

Blairville was a city of magic. People wearing robes identifying them as mages, sorcerers or others gifted in the Art were a common sight. It was here that Delistair hoped to accomplish at least one of two things: To find information on, or find magical items that could help in his search for his missing family, and to find employment that would fund the same purpose.

But not tonight. First, he will find an affordable accommodation to rest his travel-weary body. The city can wait to be explored tomorrow. Delistair glanced back again at the lone figure on the Wall. He was no Diviner, but somehow he had the feeling that they would meet again, and soon.

Ah, Blairville. Jackson had spent a nice amount of time here, studying. The Tranquil area allowed him to be in peace with himself. He had been on some other Adventures, and always loved to come back here.  He walked out of the inn he was staying in, The Lost Anvil. It was a silly name for a tavern/inn. He was walking out to see the sunset, as in Blairville, the sunsets are very nice.

As he walked down the street to the main wall, the sweet aromas of people cooking dinner danced around his nose. his stomach let out a week moan. "Oh, quiet you" he told his stomach, as he rounded a corner. "I'll make you dinner when we get back."

After a few minutes of walking, he finally saw the wall. He made his way up to the top, and stared out into the sky. It was bright with pinks and yellows. He looked over to his side and saw a young woman, about 18-19, staring off into the sunset as well.

Readjusting his glasses, and dusting off his robes, he walked over to her.

"Beautiful, isn't it? Legends say that Angels come out at this time of day and use the last bit of light to paint the sky, to remind us that the Angels are still there, protecting us from the evils." he said. he extended his hand over the wall, and his hand lit up with sparks, making a small fireworks display for the two of them.

"My name is Jackson. Jackson Aliway." He bowed with a smile on his face. "And what is your name, fair maiden?"

Maria started to walk after a nap that she took under the tree of the green apple. She took few of them, just in case she gets hungry.

Maria was walking through a wall of grass. Ehen she got through the wall, she has seen a wall. ~Wow. It is a magic wall of harmony. No one evil can pass through it~ she thought. She started walking towards it, noticing a slight pain in the ankle. "Ah! I hurted my ankle! I've gotta fix this." she said. "Hmmm, let's see... Regenarus!" she shouted, regenerating the hurted ankle. "There we go!" she said, with a slight volume increase in her voice.

Maria got through the wall. She turned to right, and she noticed a group of people like her, as known as mages. One of them was a great Enchanter. "Hey guys! I see that you are group of mages, and there is a badass necromancer." she said. "Let's see..." she whispered, opening her book called Lugia. She turned couple of pages, approximately 4 or 5 and said "Holy *Applesauce, (OOC: Applesauce is S#¡t in a old time fashion.) I can't believe it. It is a necromancer from the great nine. The most powerful one too. Oh my god, I am so happy to meet you! What is your name if may I ask? Oh, I forgot. Y'all I am Maria. Maria Oni if you want. The little devil of healing!" she said, having a small grin. Edited by Ketsueki

"Ah that's the spot,"  a man sighed his very satisfied sigh. Coming out of a tea shop holding a rather small bag of exotic tea did nothing to help his image; being a hulking man while holding a dainty bag of tea did look rather ridiculous. The only thing that helped was that he wore rather formal wear, which would look right when buying a small bag of tea. Still, buying beer would look better for him, but he loved his tea, and would do anything to get a good pack of tea leaves. 

Holding the small pack of tea leaves to his nose he took another good and long whiff. The smell was intoxicating; it almost drove his nuts to just smell it. He had always wondered why tea was never considered a narcotic, seeing that it really got people addicted to the stuff, much like what coffee would do to an insomniac. He knew just from the smell that its taste would be divine; this drove him to start sprinting towards the nearest inn in order to begin savouring his new purchase.

Walking past the great Wall of Blairville, he could not help but notice a curious congregation of people gathering and starting to make introductions to each other. Deciding that the tea was more important than the questions burning inside him, the man took a right into a small road, walked on, and finally saw what he had sought for. The inn was called "The Lost Anvil", which was a rather queer name for an inn (how in the world did you lose an anvil?). Heading in, he went straight for the innkeep, put down his items, and asked, "Sorry to trouble you so late. My name is Lancaster Pargent, and I would like to have a room for one please. Thank you."

Edited by sorainvoked

"Go to Blairville". That was the order of Tsuchimikado Airishi, he was concerned about the whereabouts of Yohane. They recently reported, about future plans on Windowless Building. However, Yohane was sent to Bairville for unknown reasons, which were kept by the mysteries of Airishi. Yohane was walking through the streets, with the Lance of Kargparfaifele resting on his shoulder. He was wearing a jacket that made him look more like a magician than an agent. "Tsk, damn it. Huh?" On the city streets, close from The Wall, he saw a bunch of people around a simple girl, what is the purpose of them all? Rape her? Committing a heinous crime? The more Yohane approached, more he understood the situation. He decided to ignore the ignorant assumption that he had and started walking down the other end of that concentration until he hears something. "Hah? Angels? Tsk, these people are crazy." He walks through the city, going to ignore the people there permanently. In the place, there was a local bar. Yohane decided to enter the property, deciding it would be a great place to relax. "Hm. I think I'll buy coffee." He says, in a calm and relaxed tone. He wanted to be calm, trying to avoid arrogant attitudes.

[SPOILER]Sorry about typos.[/SPOILER]
Edited by Judar

Suddenly, her quiet resort was bombarded with people. She was startled at first, wondering if they had showed up all at once once. She stood up, preparing to leave, upset that her "hiding place" had been discovered. She was starting to think that they were part of a gang, here to trick her into trusting them and then attacking her. Yes, they appeared sweet and concerned, one asking about the date and another about the tower, but she was sure they were only playing with her head before they revealed their true purpose. If they thought she was dangerous enough to ambush like this, they were sadly mistaken. She wasn't much of a fighter, but she wouldn't be taken down easily. Before she could dash off, she was confronted by a dark- haired man with bright blue eyes. She watched as he produced fireworks from nothing, creating a dazzling display that she marvelled at.

He introduced himself as Jackson, and her suspicion decreased somewhat. She wasn't comfortable giving her name just yet, she even backed up a few inches to put some space between them. She looked from Jackson to the man dressed in the black cloak, then her eyes travelled to the slender girl named Maria. "Where did you all come from? Are you together? What is your purpose here?" She knew she probably sounded like a psychopath if she was wrong about this, but it was hard to trust anyone these days. Especially those who showed up out of nowhere and asked for your name. If one of them made any kind of threatening move, she would take out her dagger and defend herself, if necessary. She didn't know how to handle it all that well offensively, but as long as they thought she did, she shouldn't have a problem.

After asking his question, Devin is assaulted by the sound of tumbleweeds on the wind.

That is to say silence.

Apprehension rising, his hand goes to his sword.  [i]Great, a blind man with a sword, so useful.[/i]  But he knew he would not be killed even if he was forced to fight here.  He had Seen his own death, and it was not to come for a while yet.

The sound of creaking wood draws his attention, spinning around, careful to keep his stance open to both where he assumed the lady was and the source of the creaking.

Devin nearly laughs in relief when the young man, judging from his voice, speaks.  But why hadn't that girl even acknowledged his existence?  It was a question to determine later.

[spoiler]OOC: Replacing date with current Valucre date.[/spoiler]

Devin bows as the young man introduces himself.  "I'm Devin, thanks for helping me out, I really appreciate it sir."

"Blairville, huh.  Twenty-six AO, you said?  I see..."  Devin nods as he thinks back to his dreaming in the cave.  [i]I guess the war has already begun,[/i] referring, of course, to the war between Terrenus and Genesarius.  "So many lives pointlessly lost."  This last was mumbled to himself, barely within a human's range of hearing.

There were more people gathering around the wall.  Many more, actually.  The scents of the people intermingled and tickled at the back of Devin's brain.  He almost knew this scent, it was so very familiar, he felt he had Dreamed about this scent.  Dreamed often.

But there was something missing, the smells surrounding him were not quite what he must have Dreamed, for the Sight was not upon him.

From upon what he concluded must be Blairville's wall, Devin heard another voice initiate some form of conversation with the woman he had tried to talk to.

[i]Perhaps she had not heard me all the way up there,[/i] he thinks as he ends his musing to continue to speak to the young man in front of him.

"By the temperature, it is around sunset, correct?  If it isn't too much of a bother, after the sun sets, would you mind showing me some of the key parts of town?  There is something here I seek."  He begins rubbing the bracelet on his left wrist.  "Ask not what, for I do not know, but I must seek nonetheless."

Filthy mortals! They fail to even notice my existence! And even worse, they ignore my question? How dare they! Do they not know who I am? They would be fools to not recognize the mighty Liteki! The Master of the Nine! The Black Death! The Bane of the Living! The Scourge! The destroyer! The reanimator! The-- 

What else Liteki thought he was, we will not find out, as he was interrupted by another mortal, this one actually paying attention to the necromance-- Err, "Enchanter's" existence. It was a mortal, human woman, she had the looks of a mage, a restoration mage, to be exact. Out of all mages, Liteki hated restorators the most, the school of restoration is the exact opposite of necromancy, it's bane, and now a follower of Arkay decided to confront Liteki?! How dare she even speak with her filthy healer tongue! 

Liteki rised up to his full height, maybe even grew slightly taller, if that was possible, and flew up three feet above the ground, pure darkness devouring the last lights of day. His hands were stretched high up above his crowned and masked head, as wind blew around his terrifying existence. The eyesockets of his mask were quite literally set ablaze, as fiery tongues reached out and licked the air around the dark spawn's head.

"How dare you speak to me, follower of Arkay! How dare you stand here before me! You and your kind destroy necromancers every day, and now you dare to even set your poisonous sight upon us?!"

His voice roared like the wind, and echoed with power. Liteki didn't even notice that the poor girl was only complimenting the necromancer, which was actually quite odd, considering restoration mages and necromancers were, in most cases, mortal enemies who could not stand the sight of one another. The spawn of evil was in a state of pure rage, but this would not last long, most of his power was depleted after so many task without any time to embrace the darkness in order to replenish his demonic strength.

After a short moment of levitating above the ground and nearly setting his own robes on fire, Liteki slowly floated down to the ground, as the darkness surrounding him grew weak once more, and the fire in his eyes was now extinguished. The ne-- Forgive me, Enchanter, fell on his right knee, trying to regain even the slightest amount of strength, while staring down the mage standing before him...

"Namira consume you... Vile creature of light!"

With this Liteki got back up to his usual pose, about six inches above the ground, now silently watching the other members of this little "gathering"

Edited by Dr. Crazyeyes

Delistair muttered a quick prayer before he pushed open the door to a tavern for the fourth time today. It was not that he was religious; no, far from it, he was agnostic at best, but maybe it could give him more luck in getting a room. He had headed straight for the city square where all the taverns and inns would be. To his disappointment, they either looked too fancy for a poor bloke like himself, or did not have empty rooms to spare.

"Sorry lad, all out of rooms today!" the tavern's owner told him in a gruff voice, "It's peak trading season, y'know, my rooms get filled up by midday!"

Delistair sighed and thanked him. He must have looked dejected enough that the owner called after him, "try the inn three streets down!" That's farther away from the crowds, and may have space for ya!"

The sign swinging in the front read "The Lost Anvil". It was a small establishment, almost lost among private dwellings and small shops. With more than a little apprehension, Delistair walked in. "Hi there, do you have an available room?" he called to the innkeep.

The rotund man with ruddy cheeks turned from another customer to address Delistair, "Oh, I do have one room left, but it's for two. If you two gentlemen don't mind, you could share the room. I would even give you a discount for that!"

Delistair sized up the other man. Tall, large, wearing a proper shirt and vest. He looked decent enough, but in actual fact, at this point he wouldn't mind rooming with anyone, so long as they didn't look like maniacs.

"I really can't find a room anywhere else, so I would be grateful if you're agreeable to that arrangement," Delistair said to his potential roommate. "My name is Delistair, or you can call me Del." He held out his hand for a handshake, as was proper for an introduction.

Maria was excited to see all that power coming from an necromancer. She needs to say that she is a Mysticue. It is a rare dark healer, even if she wore red and white. She, herself is a healer of devil. She needed to calm Liteki. She shouted "Target Lock!" while a pinkish-y purple energy was covering from her fingers, to her elbow. The energy was really bright. She weaved her hand up in the sky, locking Liteki, so he can't attack. He can hear everything and see everything, but his body, or what left from his body can't move. "Finally, you calmed yourself..." se said, with a long gasp of reliveness. "I am sorry for this.. But you were uncontrollably mad. Orthos!" she said, unlocking Liteki. "So, as I said, you are a great necromancer, and I am one of your admirers." she said that, putting her book back.

She wasn't comfortable giving her name just yet, she even backed up a few inches to put some space between them. She looked from Jackson to the man dressed in the black cloak, then her eyes travelled to the slender girl named Maria. "Where did you all come from? Are you together? What is your purpose here?" She knew she probably sounded like a psychopath if she was wrong about this, but it was hard to trust anyone these days. Especially those who showed up out of nowhere and asked for your name. If one of them made any kind of threatening move, she would take out her dagger and defend herself, if necessary. She didn't know how to handle it all that well offensively, but as long as they thought she did, she shouldn't have a problem.

Jackson looked over the edge of the wall, and saw all of the people squabbling down there.

"No, I do not know those people down there. They seem to be on their own. I don't where they came from, or what their purpose is. I came here to see the sunset, and find something for dinner. Sorry to scare you miss. If I can make it up to you by buying you dinner, that would make my day."