Voting has reset for the month of February. Valucre is in the top 10 but we need to be in the top 3 if we want visitors to the topsite to see us the moment they land on the home page. So if you want to help new members discover Valucre, then vote for us daily.

Welcome to Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

• Announcements

• supernal

Vote for Valucre [February]   02/02/2017

Voting for the month of February is open on TopRPSites! Vote for Valucre daily and help new members searching for a place to roleplay discover the same joys you have in Valucre. You can vote daily, so make voting for Valucre a habit. Discussion thread
~Harlow.

Like Valucre on Facebook!

80 posts in this topic

Facebook.png

Yeah we do. And you should like it! We'll be posting things such as:

- Notices of Excellence -
- Interesting Articles, Apps, and How-To's -
- New Water Cooler Interest Checks -
- Announcements -
- Member Spotlights -

And be sure to follow up so you see all of our updates!

Follow? Dafaq, this is Facebook.

Facebook doesn't show you every post from pages you like, unless you follow them. If you want to see every update from us (we're not annoying - we promise), note the screencap below to see how you can Follow after you Like! :)

FOLLOWVAL.jpg

As we push our new social initiative across other platforms, we'll be posting updates to let everyone know how they can stay connected with Val. Be sure to show the page some love, and consider inviting your friends!

Edited by supernal

Also wouldn't mind any feedback you guys and gals might have on the content. Ignore some of the older stuff, that was just an automatic feed, the content being posted up now is much better. 

~Harlow. and rocki1964psp like this

I like that you guys have put some creative showcases there! Allows us to know the people on Val a little better :)

Some suggestions I have on the content -

1) Daily weekly, or some form of newsletter to catch up with significant happenings in Val (e.g. If Doge's proposed global war takes off.. That would be some BIG news.)

2) Highlights/synopsis of ongoing and completed threads, kind of to get an idea of what the rest are writing

3) Bits of lore from the different lands ("Did you know"s)

I recognise that all these need real significant effort though, and most of us are not here full-time, so I think that if this is to be done, you may need a team of volunteer "journalists" to trawl the site and write the content!

Good input!

For no.2, I would especially like to see users that like the page posting content that they are involved with (or that they just like) to make it a crowd/community sourced effort rather than funnel it into the hands of a small team. If people reported on their own threads or threads that they were reading, that'd be a thing to see. 

jaistlyn and ~Harlow. like this

Suggestions... Suggestions...
Hmmm... How about a character showcase? Let me elaborate, we randomly choose a character, write out a little description, quote their badass quotes, link some of the most intense threads and have the Author answer a little questionnaire and we'll put it up. I see how it can be a tedious job to collect all that data, so maybe we can do one each month?

Suggestions... Suggestions...
Hmmm... How about a character showcase? Let me elaborate, we randomly choose a character, write out a little description, quote their badass quotes, link some of the most intense threads and have the Author answer a little questionnaire and we'll put it up. I see how it can be a tedious job to collect all that data, so maybe we can do one each month?

The data collection and very much the most tedious part. A good suggestion but I would rather focus on what we're already offering and make it quality than add on more stuff to offer and risk thinning it out, especially if we incorporate some stuff from Jaistlyn's suggestions. 

Would love to see more people using this for example: [s]http://www.valucre.com/index.php?/topic/17856-roleplay-spotlight/[/s]

New Form actually: http://www.valucre.com/index.php?/topic/26582-valucre-spotlights/

Edited by supernal
sheep likes this

The data collection and very much the most tedious part. A good suggestion but I would rather focus on what we're already offering and make it quality than add on more stuff to offer and risk thinning it out, especially if we incorporate some stuff from Jaistlyn's suggestions. 

Would love to see more people using this for example: http://www.valucre.com/index.php?/topic/17856-roleplay-spotlight/

New Form actually: http://www.valucre.com/index.php?/topic/26582-valucre-spotlights/

Quite right. I'll be using this soon :D
B2BBear and supernal like this

I'll be using this after RB finishes a couple mission's.

Thanks. Looks like a nice way to promote and establish your favorite characters on valucre
supernal likes this

looool creepo

Fair point but you can also control your privacy settings ya creep, creeping on us like a creeper. Creeping while staying hidden, a hidden creepy creeper. 

Glad you like the page :)

B2BBear likes this

The FB page has gotten like 20+ new Likes, which is awesome. Means a lot of new people are liking the content we're producing, and hopefully we'll be seeing those people join the forums before too long. 

~Harlow. likes this