Voting has reset for the month of May. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

~Harlow.

Like Valucre on Facebook!

80 posts in this topic

2 different ideas for this:

-something similar to like Personal Ads, or like the short blurbs manga authors sometimes include about their cast
-short (2-3 sentences) excerpt from a recent RP involving that character, with a link to the thread

I'm undecided as to whether or not it'd be a good idea to post it alongside the image the RPer is using for that character. Should be fine so long as there's a note included to say that Valucre/the RPer doesn't own the image, or something? Credited to the artist where possible/available.

In an ideal world, someone with middling graphic skills would be able to combine the two and have a "character portrait". A picture that has the character's image (or sketch or link where possible or needed) and then a few things about them in blurb form. We can just upload that to an Album called Character Portraits or something.

The concern is ever the usage of images that aren't ours so it may not work or it may make sense as a graphic that is mostly text based but that's not as fancy.

/brainstorming
Amina Jayde likes this

We need the handsome face of Carlos posted in order to better worship him.

Updates are steady on the FB feed. 

The next week of updates will include two writing prompts and am curious if anyone will make use of them.

Amina Jayde likes this

Sort of off topic: I've been sharing links of different forums on FB in public view on my wall and seeing others do the same. I wonder if it will help bring new members. 

supernal likes this

3 hours ago, rocki1964psp said:

Sort of off topic: I've been sharing links of different forums on FB in public view on my wall and seeing others do the same. I wonder if it will help bring new members. 

Whether or not it does the gesture is immensely appreciated :) thank you 

rocki1964psp and Amina Jayde like this

O.o You mentioned my hunter group on the fb? Awesome. Had to set it so posts from Val so up at the top of my feed........never ended up seeing them when it was just set to default.

supernal and Amina Jayde like this

2 minutes ago, kinzvlle said:

O.o You mentioned my hunter group on the fb? Awesome. Had to set it so posts from Val so up at the top of my feed........never ended up seeing them when it was just set to default.

Interesting. Tell me how you did this. 

Amina Jayde likes this

Went to the page, hovered over the like button, clicked news feed in the drop down and set  it to see first. You can set what notifications  you get from the page this way aswell.

Amina Jayde likes this

27 minutes ago, kinzvlle said:

Went to the page, hovered over the like button, clicked news feed in the drop down and set  it to see first. You can set what notifications  you get from the page this way aswell.

Thanks. Got a little pic instructional thing added to the page and updated the first post. 

Update your feed: https://www.facebook.com/Valucre/photos/a.390936310940758.94651.158127140888344/1124742614226787/?type=3&theater

Edited by supernal
Amina Jayde and rocki1964psp like this

https://www.facebook.com/Valucre

Any feedback on the content that's been going up so far?

FYI more likes and comments please. That's apparently something FB really cares about in terms of ranking your page's popularity. 

Edited by supernal

By the way, members are free/encouraged to add content to the page as well. Links to their roleplays to advertise, to threads they liked reading, comments, etc. 

Just an observation that people might be reserved about liking or posting on FB - It would blow our anonymity :P

Edit: Doesn't mean we're not reading!!

Edited by jaistlyn
Fix likes this