Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Voting has reset for the month of September. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

• Announcements

• supernal

Vote for Valucre [September]   09/01/2017

Voting for the month of September is open on TopRPSites! Vote for Valucre daily and help new members searching for a place to roleplay discover the same joys you have in Valucre. You can vote daily, so make voting for Valucre a habit. Discussion thread
paradigm

Want to rule a piece of Alterion?

Hello there, beautiful people! Have you ever desired to reign over the common masses? To feel them squirm beneath your boot? Well, you need look no further...

Cosanastre The Holy City and wealthiest locale of Alterion has experienced a tumultuous shift in its political climate. With the new High Mason, Ocelot Royce taking control, the entire city is in upheaval, providing pragmatic individuals the opportunity to seize control and earn the High Mason's favor...or ire.

Why should you want to write in Alterion?

Do you like Fantasy of all Varieties? Alterion is a blend of Dark Science Fantasy and Horror. I often refer to it as a blend of Final Fantasy 7/8/15, Full Metal Alchemist, Devil May Cry and A Song of Ice and Fire. It's not uncommon to see a Knight bearing full plate Armor, conversing with a man in a business suit. Alterion Knights, of course, might be wearing a high tech exoskeleton that merely looks ancient...so beware.

Do you like hunting demons...or being a demon? Alterion is fraught with all manner of beast and monster...hell one could argue that their Crystal is, itself a demon.

Do you like pirates/piracy and all manner of plundering, sky, land and air? Alterians are natural born pirates and thrive on internal strife (it's not uncommon for the City states to raid the unofficial villages that scatter the land, and it's strongly desired that you bear an Alterion flag and raid other nations for plunder! Sky vikings! AMIRIGHT?

Do you like Ninjas? Hidden Villages are scattered amidst Alterion and stealthy assassins are always in high demand. Some of them even double as sky pirates?

Do you like betrayal? Intrigue? Political turmoil? Tragic romance? Daring adventures? Have you ever wanted to jump off of a fucking sky scraper, onto an airship and then onto the back of a fucking robot-battle-dragon built by disgruntled elven scientists hellbent on ending Hume supremacy? Then look no further.
What? This sounds fucking awesome, you say? Can I own a piece of this delicious rainbow party cake? Sir and/or Madame, not only can you own a piece of this cake...but you can own two pieces of this cake. Land in Alterion (specifically Cosanastre, atm) is up for grabs, get while the getting is good.

I can rule?

Dude, you're on Valucre. You already rule...but now you can be a despot...and get away with it! Alterion offers many opportunities for those who desire to rule. The most common are, as follows:

1) Govern a Sector in an existing Megacity. 

2) Conquer and rule an Unaffiliated City. 

3) Create and rule over your own city. 

What is a Mega City: Cosanastre, Arkadia Prime and Izral are the three Megacities of Alterion. They are massive enough to encompass what would be several Kingdoms, that Sector Regents operate more as Kings than Mayors. 

What is an Unaffiliated City: An Unaffiliated city is a location of varying size and technology levels that, for whatever reason, has not sworn fealty to the Masons. It is responsible for its own safety and infrastructure without help or oversight from the Masons. 

What is My City: Your city can be whatever you want it to be. As I've mentioned tech in Alterion varies from medeival to sci-fi, so the sky is the limit. 

NEW Want a City?!

Hello there, friend!  I see you're looking for a city to run. 

Well, I have a proposition for you: Alterion is bustling with cities that are 1) unattended and 2) not created, yet. 

If you're interested in ruling over a piece of the pie, all that's required is a 2 page takeover thread (30 posts between you and whoever you want, or just you by yourself.)

How do you do a takeover thread?  Friend, I'm glad you asked. You just post. Let's say you wanted to write out your character coming to a city and taking control of it, you can write the events leading up to that. Conversely, if you didn't want to write that out, you can do a thread with your character already in charge of the city/kingdom doing something else—anything really, so long as it reaches a minimum of 30 posts. After that, canonically the land is yours!

For the major megacities see Want a Sector (basically massive nations in their own right) a 2 page thread nets you a Sector (or a small portion of one of the three main cities.) However, if you wanted to run your own city like your own kingdom, you could post in Lands of Alterion and upon reaching your 30 post mark, I'll create a specific tag for any and all threads posted there. 

We don't have 60+ boards, so giving away Tags is the best we can do, for now—but instead of having to wait for months to conquer or have your city, instead of limitations on what you can and cannot create-- this is a viable alternative. Unaffiliated cities are 100% fair game, anythign goes as long as it's Mild Powers. Truly, my very smart, handsome, and beautiful friend--the possibilities are limitless.

Want a Sector?!

Prospective regents will be expected to earn their territory/position. This can be fulfilled in any number of ways provided they meet the following requirements:

The prospective regent must complete a quest/event/thread that is no less than two pages in length. Consider it the equivalent of earning an artifact, you must kill or displace the current regent and claim their position. This can be done by assassinating the current Don, destabilizing his territory and forcing him to step down, or currying favor with the High Mason to earn your appointment.

If you have an idea/scenario you would like to write out, PM me the details and we'll hammer something out. If you have no preference or are unsure of what to do, pm me and a task will be assigned to ensure your promotion.

I will try, if available to assist you in DMing your threads, but if I am too busy (and in all likelihood, I will be) I will fulfill a lite DM roll and set a scenario that you can play out to your heart's content.

That said, I will in all likelihood, use supernal's method of lite DMing on the event it is required and utilize the simplified Npc combat method.

Cosanastre
Cosanastre is divided into 5 Regions, which are then broken out into 8 Sectors. Each sector is governed by an individual, who is given the title of Don and the authority to tax and police the populace as they see fit (provided they're making proper restitutions to the Daius and Masons, respectively.)

If you have an interest in ruling a sector, you need only express it. Hotspots are subject to change, based on your character's interests and desires. 

The Sectors are as follows:

Region 1 _

Sector 0 {Claimed}
The Center of Cosanastre, the heart of the city. The Masonic Cathedral sits here, beneath the shadow of Daius HQ.

Regent: Ocelot Royce, CEO of Daius Industries and High Mason.
Point of Contact: paradigm
Summary: Sector 0 is the seat of power. This is where all the major decisions in the city are made and where the Corporate headhunters do their business.It also serves as the central hub of information, possessing Alterion's national library. It is the most heavily guarded location in all of Alterion.

Hotspots: The Masonic Cathedral
Daius Headquarters
The Rusty Buckler
Paradise Hall
Alterion National Library

Region 2_

Sector 1 [Claimed, not conquered] Aleksei & Aleksei
Regent: TBD
Summary: Sector 1 is the largest trading district in the known world. Stretching from one end of the district to the other, mercantile booths, shops and airships dominate the scene. As the highest grossing district in Cosanastre, Sector 1 is granted the best protection the city has to offer and also plays host to the National Bank of Alterion. While there are several offshoots scattered throughout the city for citizens to deposit their money, this is the hub where all the gold stops.

Hotspots: The Alterion National Bank
The Mercantile Exchange

Sector 2 [Claimed and Conquered]
Regent: Beverly Noice; John 'Soap' Mactavish
Summary: Sharing a border with Sector 1, Sector 2 oversees a great deal of national and transnational transportation. The Skydrome dominates the skyline and serves as the primary port in Cosanastre. Sector 1 may be where all the trading is done, but Sector 2 is where all the shipping and handling occurs. As such, it has a diverse mix of upper and middle class citizens.

Hotspots: The Skydrome
The Alterion Motor Company

Sector 3 [Claimed, not conquere] Interest expressed by CATZ
The Pharmaceutical District
Regent:
Previous Regent:
Summary:

Region 3_

Sector 4 [Claimed, not conquere] Interest expressed by Vintage
The Industrial District
Regent: Cameron Drummond 
Previous Regent:
Summary: While Sector 0 holds Daius Corporate HQ, Sector 4 oversees production of a vast majority of Daius products. Sector 4 is responsible for employing roughly 60% of Cosanastre's population and also houses a secondary R&D Department that specializes in experiments deemed too unsafe to be conducted in thenation's capitol. Massive mills and crystal refinery plants loom overhead and pollute the sky. Progress isn't always pretty, but it's necessary.

Sector 5 [Claimed, not conquered] Garion
The Entertrainment/Red Light District
Regent: Kornero Veit; TBD
Summary: Sector five, despite being far removed from the city's center is the second highest grossing district throughout Cosanastre. While several other districts have taverns and theaters, most of them pale in comparison to what can be found here. A city of lights blinds the populace to their worries and woes, promising to drown their troubles in any drink imaginable and ease their mind with a selection of decadence that people just don't talk to their Priest about. The Masonic Faith preaches forgiveness and absolvement of sins, without sector 5 they'd be out of a job. Due to the loose morals prevalent in such districts, the criminal element has a strong presence here and faces minimal resistance from the Poor Sons.

Hotspots:
The Honey Bee Hive: Brothel
The Silver Saucer: Theater, Opera House and Carnival
The Bloody Pits: Fighting pits and gambling den.

Region 4_

Sector 6 [Claimed, not conquered] By Just a first Mahai
The Security District
Regent: Reginald Fiens (NPC-slot is open for grabs.Player will replace NPC and become new Don.)
Summary: Sector 6 houses the Poor Sons training facility and the legendary Daius Boarding House. Both locations are renowned for training the city's chief protectors. Sector 6 also houses a great deal of Cosanastre's private security firms and plays a large part in maintaining the city's security grid. It is one of the most heavily guarded locations despite bringing in one of the least amounts of money.

Hot Spots: The Crystarium
Poor Sons Chapter House
Daius Boarding House

Sector 7 [Claimed, not conquered] Interest expressed by The Doctor 
The Private District
Regent: Gladys Carlysle (NPC-slot is open for grabs.Player will replace NPC and become new Don.)
Summary: Sector 7 is home to the city's upper class, but also has a surprisingly large middle class population. There are shops and taverns scattered throughout the city, just as there are homes and lavish manses scattered throughout other districts. This Sector is noteworthy for possessing the largest library in Alterion and possesses many public works as well as some rare private collections.

Hot Spots: The Carlysle Library

Region 5_

Sector 8 [claimed, not conquered] bigfatcat (only 5 posts shy of conquering, though)
The Residential District
Regent: Gasper Falles; TBD
Summary: Sector 8 is the largest sector in Cosanastre and makes up all of Lessertown, which actually stretches beneath the city itself. In the days of Cosanastre's founding there was only one sector and this was it. After centuries of strife and war and progress, the lower city gradually became less and less of a priority and the Corporations neglected it's preservation. Lessertown is a cesspool of filth and poverty. Slums and black markets bring in some meager coin, but it's barely enough to afford the single Poor Son patrol that visits once a day. Lessertown is a haven for the criminal element, but still cannot manage to generate a great deal of income.

Hotspots: None. Stay the fuck out.
The Den of Iniquity

Additional Notes

NPC Combat Simplified

System

This is also the system that the Regent/antagonist of note will use against the players.

I will grant advantages for clever use of terrain and abilities but will be the sole judge of when and to whom these advantages are given. I'll be using the die roller at the beginning of every turn once final combat with the featured antagonist is invoked to determine what your rolls are and that should influence what you do in the thread. I'm doing this just to eliminate any chance of cheating whatsoever.

1 - Fail. You take a hit.
2 - Miss.
3 - Miss.
4 - Hit.
5 - Hit.
6 - Critical hit. 2x the damage.

Ex: Name: Reginal Fein's Bodyguard
Tier: High. Requires 5 hits.

Truthfully, expressing a desire is enough to secure your position, but in order to maintain it, you must fulfill the two page thread requirement and prove that you're the ideal choice as Don/Regent.

Edited by paradigm

It's a pretty cool opportunity, I'm just not sure what to do with it. Is there an RP thread in here somewhere? Or do we just "claim" one of these sectors, be like "lol mine now bitchez," maybe put a line for it in our signatures, and then go back to business as usual?

I would imagine that you would need to manage your sector and encourage growth in the form of role play.

I would imagine that you would need to manage your sector and encourage growth in the form of role play.

This, precisely.

Essentially what's expected of you in any other board where territory is available:
Manage your area as you see fit, push your own agenda, run quests, facilitate new rp.

I will say this: Alterion is in constant political turmoil. The city states are used to fighting one another and internal strife is expected.

But yeah, if you claim a sector and do nothing with it, after a period of inactivity it goes up for grabs and your recent is in danger of being replaced.

Despite my earlier excitement, he more I think about, I probably won't be a good regent so Ill back out. But if a pirate or an airship captain is ever needed, then do call Deudremont Von Reicher! (Yes his name should always be followed by an exclamation point and much trumpeting among the masses)

Additional notes added! Those interested in ruling please read the notation at the bottom
Of the first post and PM me!

@Spyfox: Alterion is probably the most pirate friendly place around. Not only do I have a few quests offering vb and other goodies for piracy, but the Luxe, a renowned bar and club offers rewards and renown for taking down monsters and various troublesome raiders and such.

Additional notes added! Those interested in ruling please read the notation at the bottom
Of the first post and PM me!
@Spyfox: Alterion is probably the most pirate friendly place around. Not only do I have a few quests offering vb and other goodies for piracy, but the Luxe, a renowned bar and club offers rewards and renown for taking down monsters and various troublesome raiders and such.

Due to the fact the Deudremont von Reicher!!! seems to have been displaced from Genesarius. He may take you up on that.