Sign in to follow this  
wreath of laurels

It's been quite some time.

I take it I require no introduction, but I'll restrict myself to brevity just the same: my name is Nick.

I am to graduate in 2 weeks, more or less, and then I'll have a decent surplus of free time (hours spend finding an apartment in San Francisco and moving things aside), and I'd like to return to role-play for a little bit. Then again, I'll be job-scouring for a while and could very well have ample time to role-play for months to come - so that little bit might not be so little.

I'd like to do a plot - and I'll remark more on what constitutes this particular kind of plot later - in a kind of Italian Renaissance era setting, with very minor powers and no firearms (naval cannons and similar artillery are fine). If you've played the new - and excellent (though I've only but tasted it) - Assassin's Creed game, then you'll have some idea as to what I'm interested in. Of course, if you have inclinations you'd like to incorporate I'd be more than willing to find a way of putting them in. T1 will be present, but not dominant; I honestly don't have much of an interest in it at all, but I recognize that many of you do, and if we can't agree to orchestrate our feuds together then the inevitable turn-based brawl is acceptable.

And finally, to elaborate on what I mean with "plot" I'll say just this: instead of random interaction, the kind that is either stellar or somberly dull, I'd like to have intricate storylines that employ us all to some capacity and make the experience a more, well, cinematic one. I have a natural aptitude at crafting engaging conflicts and "epic" things, so I don't expect you will be disappointed. Moreover, a few already in mind promise to be especially rousing.

If all this to your liking, feel free to post here and sign up. I won't check Valucre too much this week, the next, and for part of the one after, but I'll strive to reply to all of your inquiries. You can reach me at aeschelon on YIM if you need me sooner.

Thank you for you time. Here's to a hopefully grand plot arc.

- Nick

You haven't been here for like ... two or three months.

I'd suggest something a little less ... grandiose. Like sticking around for a while until something like this will be launched where the owner just doesn't turn around and leave. x_o;

You haven't been here for like ... two or three months.

I'd suggest something a little less ... grandiose. Like sticking around for a while until something like this will be launched where the owner just doesn't turn around and leave. x_o;

While that's true, Nick is usually around on AIM / Yahoo. He's pretty easy to reach if you need him and reliable in that sense.

I know I can always rely on my compatriots Dan, Carlos, and Brad to write some epic shit up.

I was also thinking of perhaps incorporating some mild magic in the vein of D&D. The sorcery would be no higher in severity than D&D prestige classes, certainly. Either way, I think I'll direct you all to the topic Carlos made and we can further refine this idea.