Marquis Zantara

Have Gun--Will Travel (Bounty Thread)

Giving the two brothers a little wave of his fingers wrapped around the waist of Kalumi while he left them without much of a word, the Marquis took a few moments to wonder about the solicitude of Dag's question. This land and it's odd nature filled him with a sense of chagrin the best of days and this city had been far quieter than he'd come to expect. Perhaps it was just him and his imagination getting away from him as usual. For now, he would be vigilant and keep his eye on the prize. He could have stayed 'home' and found these creatures in much closer climates but Orisia interested the most basic nature of the Marquis. It was a place that should have been a beacon to the rest of the world but to him was a sputtering windswept lantern.

But before he could spend more of his time wasted on wondering about the big picture, he was interrupted by his lush of a companion, bringing back that usually present smile to his face. "Food it is then." he gave a small nod looking around before he noticed a small stall that was selling what looked to be kabobs of some sort. Before he could lead his little party over there, he looked down to watch Yn eat the bag of gold, a part of his mind wincing at that noise her teeth made clinking together like a bear trap. He remembered what she was like when she was just a box and by the Seer she was one of the more dangerous things he'd ever had a hand in making. She'd bitten off quite a few appendages in her time before she became a little girl and it was more than obvious she hadn't lost any of her skill. "Yn....luv. That was supposed to be used to buy the food." Smiling indulgently, he reached out and ruffled her hair a bit, his gloved hand tucking a stray strand behind her ear before turning his wrist a certain way to seemingly pull a golden coin from within her ear.

"Lets see what we've got." giving the living box a wink, he sashayed across the street over to the vendor and looked over the hand drawn menu beside him. Taking a moment to speak in the local dialect, the food vendor put together three platters of a pair of long grilled kebobs of fresh cubed fish, what looked to be tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, celery and peppers of a sort with a side of pita bread and a mint dip in a small cup on the side. Breathing in the glorious scent of the food, he handed over the coin and shook his head at the offer of change, handing one platter to Kalmuli and the other to Yn. Picking up a bottle of a lovely Rose' wine from a neighboring vendor along with three carved cups, Zantara lead his little troupe to a covered bench so they could crowdwatch for a time. Pouring a glass for both the ladies, Zan sniffed the glass and took a sip from his own, enjoying the odd taste. He was going to have to pick up a case on the way out.

Kalmuli's gait limbered, throwing her feet one in front of the other. Not easy in heels, but she was using the Marquis for balance. They made their way to a vendor, Kalmuli raising an eyebrow as she shifted and leaned forward so she could smell what was cooking. Many of it looked like normal, earthen food though the color may have been off. The flavors were still similar. She brushed her hair out of her face, standing back upright and following the Marquis after he received the kabobs and she received her portion. The smell was too tempting not to already try it. She was already starting to nibble, testing some of the food and turning her backside to take a seat. It wasn't bad...but sometimes she missed food from home. Everything in this world seemed to be a little bit more spicy. Not something that catered to elven tastes. Even the ones that looked like elves didn't even seem to have elven tastes.

Kalmuli hummed as she tried the food, sucking on her fingers as she pulled pieces off. The top of her lip was already turning pink from the spices, causing her upper lip to puff slightly in an unintended pout. The wine only seemed to lessen and sterilize the burning. "This port has been saved from oblivion thanks to fish kabobs."She spoke after swallowing down the last of the first kabob. "Kind of surprising that one little business is still open.  Looks like everyone else is working on the reconstruction...though I guess even workers still have to eat and business owners still have to make money."

She bit off another piece from the second kabob. "What's next, mon Marquis? To what foreign business do we travel after a fine meal?"She pondered, giving him a nudge.

[spoiler] For those still interested. Not sure why it died down, but I'll jump in as a Story Teller to push this in the right direction. [/spoiler]

The city of Morgana had been in and out of turmoil for some time now. The constant blood shed and civil wars, between the rebels then the merfolk, there was no end in sight. It seemed, that after one conflict was settled, another would arise. Yet this time it was different, there wasn't blood shed between fellow man, but man and monster. Two monsters to be exact, lingered upon the edge of Morgana and threatened the existence of the people's lively hoods. 

For the group that entered the port to dock, they would see a lot of reconstruction taking place. Guards helping the common man lined back alleys, helping each person fix a home or business. Despite the absence of an immediate presence, they would find that the city was blooming from the inside. The foreigners to Morgana and Orisia would learn a lesson rather quickly, a lesson that all locals knew quite well of. 

The spellcycle that was pulled forth had seemed like a wonderful idea. Even as it started up, perhaps on residual energy before entering La'Ruta's grasp, they would sense the vehicle coming to an immediate slow before stopping completely. The spellcycle would shut down, leaving them with no other option for travel than by foot or horse. Those who carried a gun might learn the lesson too soon, but the technology would not escape the grasp of La'Ruta either. If the weapon was fired, they would find it malfunctioning. Sure, the trigger would squeeze and the action would work quite fine... yet there would be no bang, no projectile bullet being launched forth. The weapon would be nothing more than a heavy paper weight, much like the spellcycle.

On the edge of the trade district, a Knight dressed in black had come forth to the vendors. A bloody brow had covered his brown eyebrows and his short hair was drenched from hard work. He had his sword attached to his side, but it was recently bloody and covered. He pulled off his gauntlets as he threw them on the ground in frustration. "Damnit." He muttered to himself before approaching the stall. "Ye hav a hard day Eric?" The vendor asked as he went to work, producing the "regular" for the Knight. 

"My damn partner went after the Suujali outside of town all on his own. I barely saved his sorry ass, but he isn't doing well. He's at the hospital right now..." 

The Knight said as the vendor provided Eric a leather sac of goods. A simple nod was given in exchange, which was all that was needed for the two before Eric went on his way. He picked up his gauntlets and tucked them into his gear as he peered out around him. His eyes fell upon some new arrivals, but he hadn't the time to deal with them. He had to see how his partner was doing.

OCC Post

Now, I have numerous problems with this post and I'm going to go through it through bullet points.

• Your spoiler comment is incredibly shortsighted because one of the main reasons it died down was that when I asked if you could take over from Passion you specifically took more than a month to tell me that you were unable to do it and that I should go to the Storyteller board.
  • Two, as the specific board leader of Morgana, you have every right to say what can and can not work within your city. As such you are perfectly within your right to say that the guns nor the spellcycle work now after the fact. Saying that, I've already had the conversation months ago over their usage with Malice who protrayed himself as an assistant administrator of the entire Orisian Board in general who HAD  given ourselves permission to use them in limited usage (IE no automatic weapons). I even talked with Passion about them and she did not really care either way.
  • Taking them out of the usage this far along in the thread is not just a dick move without even discussing them with me in a Private Message, it shows that you apparently didn't even read the thread the first time I brought up the thread to you and by god that gets under my skin.

Like I said, you have every right to make these decisions. It IS your board after all. But I don't have to play this game anymore. It's lost every single bit of enjoyment and I feel like I've had my chain yanked one too many times. As such after a discussion with certain other members of the party, we are done here and will not be continuing this bounty hunt.

Sincerely, Zantara.

-OOC post.

Two, as the specific board leader of Morgana, you have every right to say what can and can not work within your city. As such you are perfectly within your right to say that the guns nor the spellcycle work now after the fact. Saying that, I've already had the conversation months ago over their usage with Malice who protrayed himself as an assistant administrator of the entire Orisian Board in general who HAD  given ourselves permission to use them in limited usage (IE no automatic weapons). I even talked with Passion about them and she did not really care either way.

It sucks that you're deciding to leave Zantara, but just to clarify for anyone else reading this thread, we did discuss the issue of modern weapons and I believe we agreed on basic flintlock firearms, since you informed me you wished to perform a 'safari hunt' in Orisia. I then also took the liberty of updating the Borders that Close thread (where new guidelines for weaponry are mentioned) to accurately reflect how modern handguns etc wouldn't work. http://www.valucre.com/index.php?/topic/25585-the-borders-that-close/?p=459873

I just want to highlight the fact that Pasion is travelling at the moment, but when she has returned later in August she shall be performing a massive overhaul of Orisia and the way its guidelines are presented. (So they're clear for everyone). Don't take Ayden's post as an attack on your own though, if anything he's trying to get your story to continue, and is simply reiterating the new changes that have been made to Orisia lately. You and your friends are more than welcome to continue playing here. Feel free to pm me if you would like to discuss anything further.

Edited by -Malice-

OOC: I too would like to make a formal apology on the behalf of Morgana, being second in command of this board I should have been more attentive but I am afraid I have been a bit busy and haven't had the time to follow up on things. I am sad to see you leaving Orisia, and if you want to discuss this further you can always reach me on Skype (Kalicity) or PM me here. Would hate to lose you Zan, youre an exceptional RPer with some great ideas and story lines.

-Victoria

For some reason this is not posting because I am not meeting the stupid word count, so now i am just typing. Lol La la la...

Final OCC Post

This will be the last and final time I discuss this occurance here, PM or anywhere else. After this, I consider the entire thread buried and gone.

1)We discussed that idea Malice, but if I remember correctly after we editted down to single shot big bore rifles, you were fairly alright with the idea on this basis with the understanding that this was going to be a one time affair. The PM string should be in your feed somewhere in there where we discussed it to death between myself, you and Will. I deleted it some time ago.

2)Ayden would have realized that we'd talked about that IF he would have taken the time to send me a PM before jumping in on a thread that he washed his hands of almost a month ago when I had JUST gotten the storyteller issues settled so that I got someone who would take it up. I literally had someone confirmed that day (I hadn't gotten a name of course but Acies had confirmed it himself so that was good enough for me until they got with me) and then...he posts to Dm exactly what he wants to DM, saying "No You Can't Do That" and then had the audacity to say "It's only been a few posts in on this" like that makes my annoyance at him any less. Which is his prerogative. He does not have to get my input on it in the least bit... I can not stress that knowledge on my part enough. 

But because he didn't (and for all other reasons included in my previous post), I have wasted my time, my groups time AND Vintage & Acies & -Lillium-'s time that they spent looking this over at the very least in writting this thread.

I have no beef with Malice or Malaysia. I barely have any with Ayden or Passion and once I finish this post right here, I consider it buried.

Saying that, this will be the last time I spend any time looking at Orisia as far as I know currently speaking. I have no desire to have this much stress with something that is supposed to be a hobby when I have more than enough places on this site that I can enjoy myself in when being in Orisia is as bad as pulling teeth to get any sort of OCC direction.

Zantara