Voting has reset for the month of February. Valucre is in the top 10 but we need to be in the top 3 if we want visitors to the topsite to see us the moment they land on the home page. So if you want to help new members discover Valucre, then vote for us daily.

Welcome to Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

• Announcements

• supernal

Vote for Valucre [February]   02/02/2017

Voting for the month of February is open on TopRPSites! Vote for Valucre daily and help new members searching for a place to roleplay discover the same joys you have in Valucre. You can vote daily, so make voting for Valucre a habit. Discussion thread
Acies ab Vesania

open
Tavern of Legend: Season 2

3,763 posts in this topic

Guts sat at the bar and looked at Vaddock, once a simple bartender to him. Now he was a grizzled veteran of battle and a comrade. Guts may not have fought beside him until the final show down but he served on the same field. Guts was tapping upon the bar as he swirled his glowing blue drink, he was thinking now about the Lich. He knew all to well it wasn't fully defeated.

" Vaddock my comrade... You and I both know he isn't dead. I want to change that, and I want to make it perminant." There was a bit of anger in his voice as he spoke, looking straight at Vaddock. He raised his glass to his robotic mask and slipped it open, dropping the liquid into the port. " I don't know if anyone else is going to be interested in this suicide mission but I'll do it myself if I have to."

"Aye, it is vital that we get someone out there on it. If it weren't for the bar needing every hand I can get for it, I'd head out with Hand and deal with it myself. I'm glad to hear that you are willing to see this to the very end, but I'd advise you to at least find one other able bodied person to go with you, if not a couple more. You never know what you might encounter on your way." 

Lilith opened both eyes, breathing deeply. She stood and approached the man named Willis. Alison stood and followed Lilith sedately.
"We're ready, sir," Lilith said calmly. "If you would show us where we could find the greatest concentration of crows?"
Alison rolled her eyes at Lilith, annoyed. "We haven't been here long, and don't know where the farms are, sir," she explained, not wanting to sound like an idiot. Lilith nodded, rolling her eyes.
"Yes, that's what I meant..." She frowned, sounding mildly annoyed. Alison grinned, clearly amused.

The elderly man smiles in return.

"Oh, I understand. Most folks passing through here don't know there way around and never get the chance to learn it either. I'll take you out to the farms, in particular the area that is getting the worst of it."

He hops down from his stool, joints cracking. As he walks towards the door, he expels a bit of gas, but seems oblivious to it. The shuffling of his feet mostly masks the sound, and the voices of the tavern takes care of the rest of it, save for those who are closer to the source. He leads you out the door and on to the farms.

(Check PM). 

Corinthian and Allura moved away from the memorial board and made their way back to the board containing the postings of quests. Corinthian noticed one concerning items that the cook needed in order to clear some bodies. It seemed quick enough, and the pay was enough to get Cori and Allura to a bank before they needed anymore.

Cori tapped the posting, "Let's do this one," he said to Allura. 

"Alright, just be prepared to get your precious little staff dirty," Allura said, teasing Cori as she smiled. Cori's staff was black metal with gold detailing down the sides in a stripe. On the end, a removable cap revealed a foot-long, spear-like blade. Although it's main use was for fighting, Cori favored it much more as an actual walking cane.

"I am sure I can handle getting some blood on the blade," Cori said, smiling back. The pair walked to the kitchen door, and Cori leaned in slightly enough to make out the room. It was a basic kitchen, with all the essentials. Near the back of it, the cook was busy preparing dishes for the customers eagerly waiting in the tavern. "Excuse me, sir? My companion and I would be interested in helping with your, um... 'body problem?'" Cori said, unsure as to how to label the predicament. 

Guts sat at the bar and looked at Vaddock, once a simple bartender to him. Now he was a grizzled veteran of battle and a comrade. Guts may not have fought beside him until the final show down but he served on the same field. Guts was tapping upon the bar as he swirled his glowing blue drink, he was thinking now about the Lich. He knew all to well it wasn't fully defeated.

" Vaddock my comrade... You and I both know he isn't dead. I want to change that, and I want to make it perminant." There was a bit of anger in his voice as he spoke, looking straight at Vaddock. He raised his glass to his robotic mask and slipped it open, dropping the liquid into the port. " I don't know if anyone else is going to be interested in this suicide mission but I'll do it myself if I have to."

Kole stepped quietly up to the man sitting at the bar, tattooed hands clasped cleanly behind his back. He had overheard this burly man speaking with the bartender, and what he'd heard surprised him. But then, Kole was always up for a challenge. "I hear you have a job that needs doing," he stated, hoping they wouldn't noticed the nervousness in his young face, the only visible inch of him not covered in inky designs. "Mind filling me in?" 

HiddenKitty123 likes this

Guts nods at Vadock and sighs. " yeah I know, and it looks like I may have just found someone." He downed his drink and looked the young man up and down. His appearance was interesting at the least, even peculiar. Judging this book by its cover he could probably fight, maybe even well. That didn't mean he was ready to take on the defenses the Lich undoubtedly put in place to protect his soul.

" It's a pleasure to meet you, Kole. I'm Gustis, or more commonly Guts." His voice rolled out of his mask like a cloud of smoke, hissing slightly with each breath. " Vadock and I among many other brave souls fought against the Lich that assailed this tavern and village. Now I plan to finish the job." He continued as he looked him up and down." Before I sign off on taking you with me I want to know a few things. First off what's your technique, how skilled are you in combat, and third I want to know if I can count on you in a fight." His voice was firm yet not sharp.

Gustis fixed his trench coat around his body, revealing somewhat battered clothing and mettle plating on his chest. He sipped at his drink while he waited for the answers he sought. He wasn't interested in getting someone killed unless it was him and the Lich. If this Kole was willing however, he was willing to see him through a test session first. Edited by Zenthaur

Kole's eyes widened slightly as he took in the man's grizzled appearence from the front. Guts had clearly earned his name, as shown by the mechanical half of his face and the weapons at his belt. Kole chewed on the inside of his cheek as he took a moment to think of his answer.

"You can count on me, sir," he affirmed first, "Though I am new to this town, I know a worthy cause when I see one. As to my fighting abilities," Kole dropped his hands from behind him, revealing the full extent of his tattoos inked over lean muscle earned from years of hard work. "I specialize in hand to hand combat, though I'm well acquainted in using this one here," he put a hand over the battle ax at his hip, "And I'm a fair hand at archery. My father trained me, before he was killed. Since then I've had a more...freelance training. I learn as I go, sir." 

Kole shifted on his feet when he'd finished. The man's appraising gaze made him antsy, and it didn't help that he'd been traveling without any sort of action for weeks. Kole wondered, for a moment, if he should have mentioned his other abilities. The man he referred to as his father had always scorned these abilities, and Kole had taught himself to control them, if not to use them. In the end, he didn't mention them because they always seemed to give him trouble. The were unpredictable and deadly without a doubt, and not always to the side he was aiming to defeat. He had been used before for his abilities, and it had never ended well. In a situation as tenuous as the one in this town, he was not eager to be used.  

Edited by MagniScribe

Guts mechanical eye scanned over the young man once again, twisting and clicking as it did. He stood and extended his hand for Kole to shake. " Alright Kole, let's hope you're ready for this. I've been looking into our attack plan and it looks like the way out of town is blocked, undead remainders from the Lichs army." Guts spoke with a more firm tone this time as he felt at the weapons on his belt. His one good eye would frown as he notices the one blaster still missing.

" Take a moment to get everything you need, a lot of undead are very resistant to non magical means of damage." His voice this time carried a little worry or care but maintained that firm tone. He then turned to Vadock and nodded, incapable of smiling.
" Alright friend, looks like we are about to finish this once and for all. I wish you or Hand could join me but I understand the Tavern needs you. What all do you know about the blockades? We will clear them out before heading to the Lich." Guts voice was like a river of determination, like that of a hero who felt saving the world was at his fingertips.

"Well, the information I've been getting says that these are undead golems made up of layers of rotting flesh. Don't let that make it sound easy though, because the damned things can take a licking and keep on coming. It's probably a good thing for us that the Lich left those things behind on guard detail, because they might have made the difference in the end. No one's made much headway with them yet, but someone said they got a good hit on one with a flaming arrow- singed him up nice and did some damage. If you can harness fire, I might suggest using that."

Kole took Guts' offered hand and shook it firmly, glad to be part of something again. A swallow bobbed in his adams apple as he learned that these creatures were not easily taken down without magic. When Guts told him to go and gather his supplies, Kole gave a nod but didn't move. He wanted to hear what Vaddock had to say about the beasts. Besides, the only thing he didn't have on him was his long bow and his rucksack, and both were in the stable beside the tavern where he had slept the night before. It would only take a second to grab them when they were needed. 

"What about the hay stacks at the edge of town," Kole suggested in a hushed tone, wary of anyone that could be listening, "Those'll catch fire quick enough, though they probably know to keep away from it. We could coral them in so that they can't escape, a ring of fire, and then take them down."

Haan walked through the tavern door,as he establishment he stood still while examining the people in the room,atfer a few seconds,haan saw nothing that interested so he decided to take a sit at one of the empty tables.

Guts nodded. " Thanks Vadock, I'll keep that in mind." He then looked to Kole." That's a good idea, but we will have to assess the situation when we get there. If you're ready, we can meet at the road out of town. I've just got to grab some new gear, then I'll be on my way." He spoke calmly and almost looked longingly at the stairs up. He had a few new prototypes he had to try out before heading on this adventure.

After Koles reply whether he chose to wait or go on without him, Guts would nod and head up the stairs. He wouldn't be gone long before coming down in his sleak black leather trench and new vest. His mask was new aswell, this one had teeth and seemed to have a fully functioning mouth. Atleast as far as you could tell by looking. His eye was still the same strange lense with a few added pieces. He had a long rifle on his back, strong metal framing and leather accents to tie it all together. He looked battle ready now and almost like a monster himself, his face now cloaked with his hood down. With a nod and one last drink shot back down his throat Guts nodded at Vadock and headed out the door." Time to put some souls at rest." His smokey voice floated in the air as the door shut behind him. Edited by Zenthaur

"I'll just grab my bow from the stable," Kole answered Guts, "I'll meet you outside." 

Kole had managed to hold back his proud grin when Guts had approved his idea, but only just. Guts was the kind of man who easily made others want his approval, and Kole was no exception. He nodded to Vaddock and hurried out to the stable. There, he climbed the latter up to the hay loft and pulled his bow and quiver from beside his pack. He took a moment to examine his arrows, to make sure they were all in prime condition. He had made each and every one, putting careful detail into the blade and the shaft as the blacksmith had taught him. There were a dozen arrows alongside his unstrung bow, five of which were made to light and hold a flame. Kole was once again grateful to the blacksmith for teaching him, the skills would once again be of invaluable use. 

Kole hopped down from the loft and walked outside, putting down his rucksack and pulling out the string of his bow. The longbow as nearly as tall as him and Kole carefully bent the wood and wound the taught string around it. When that was done, Kole tested the tightness by pulling it back, aiming at a tree not far away. Satisfied with the taught string, Kole went to the prescribed meeting place and waited. 

Zenthaur likes this

Her first thought of the tavern was that it could've been worse. Hell, she'd been to worse. Her clients weren't always rich, snobby nobles who wasted their money with a flick of a hand. No. Some of them lived in muddy huts, crooked and crumbling to the ground. Her heart broke for these people, and she always gave them a discount on her services. For the nobles on the other hand.. She increased the price ever so slightly. Why shouldn't she? She had the right to. It was her own business, and the world was such a cruel, unjust place.

Making her way to the tavern she heard a slight noise behind her, a soft rustling sound. Pausing her movement, the young woman tilted her head and a soft smile snuck its way to her pink lips when she realized what had caused the noise. Holding out her left arm, it took a moment for a raven to swoop out from the shadows and take residence on her arm. It seemed to be trained, for this magnificent creature was gentle with its talons. 

The woman absentmindedly rubbed the back of the raven's head, having taken off the glove on her right hand. She loved the feel of his silky feathers against her pale, bare skin. "No client today, huh Ren?" She murmured, continuing her slow trek towards the tavern's entrance. This magnificent creature assisted her and made her life easier by carrying letters to her from past clients. Ren crowed in response, before leaving her arm and returning to the shadows.

Aylin, the woman's name, gave a grin as she entered the broken down building, a flash of curiosity and mischief burned bright in her eyes. Slipping her glove on her right hand once more, Aylin brushed her messy bangs out of her eyes. The room wasn't too overcrowded, which she was pleased with. Her reason for being here was to check out bounties. Most taverns had a board with posters of wrongdoers and little quests tacked onto them. She was a bounty hunter, why wouldn't she be interested in cash?

Haan looked arounf the place studying the people in the room.Haan had been on the road for a few days now and was almost out money,he could barely afford a drink in this place.Haan watched all the people go about there business hoping to find one that he could get som money off of .

Haan had studied almost everyone in the room when his eyes landed on a man dressed as a farmer sitting at the bar,the man was calling out to people walking by him asking for help but most just ignored him,haan knew he had found his a paying client.

Haan stood up and walked towards the man and spoke,"I see that you require some assistance"

Haan had just finished listening to the farmer explain the situation he was in,apparently goblins had been attacking his home almost everyday,the man said the goblins came down from the mountains to come a raid houses and farms and that his home was directly in the path of there way from down the moutain.

Apparently the man himself was not the one offering to pay for the extermination of the goblins but was merely advertising it,the person who was actually giving the request was a man named vaddock.

Haan had asked the man who this vaddock character was and the man point him to a part of the room where the man he assumed was vaddock was standing.

Haan walked up to vaddock and started talking,"I hear your paying to have some goblins exterminated"haan asked.

Vaddock looks over from the across the bar and says,

"Yep, we need someone to clear them out. Just got through listening to another complaint about those troublesome raiders. Seems like they are content to hide in their caves and leave the common folk alone, right up until a catastrophe hits, and then there all over us like flies on dung."

He shakes his head, showing his distaste for the goblins.

"Anyway, there's at least a handful of them out wandering about, and they have a few worgs with them too, so watch out for them- they tend to be tougher than the Goblins themselves. Never understood why the worgs don't just turn them into lunch. I assume goblin must taste as foul as they smell."

He grins, and then slides a piece of parchment over. 

"Here's the bounty notice. Good luck."