Voting has reset for the month of March. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Welcome to Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

Acies ab Vesania

open
Tavern of Legend: Season 2

3,990 posts in this topic

Alishar is filled with potty and gently with the use of Ruber gloves pets them. It was soft and gentle even if unwanted it was pleasant. "

So what happened? Will you guys be ok?" He asks worriedly.  He wouldn't be all that bad to travel with if they wanted to keep his company which he severely doubted.  He stopped petting them almost as quickly. He figured they'd hate him touching them.  He just hope they'd start telling him more. He was deeply engaged now. It was a odd postion to be in.

Lani likes this

Observing these new arrivals, Gull placed his chin under his hand. Yup. He placed his chin under his hand. He himself doesn't know how or why that happens, it just does. "Hmm. So many new people arriving here. I can feel my age.", he said with a sigh. From within his robes, he pulled out a plant stalk, this plant stalk looked withered and dry, yet it emanated a strong life force. It had precisely 8 leaves on it, 4  were shaped like hearts and were colored of a deep shade of blue, while the other half looked quite repulsive and veined, they were gray and strangely looked like what a brain would if it was flattened and dried.

"Here's a little something something from me. This is a plant I personally grew, I call it the Withered Asmodeus Niflheim Kelp. Or, WANK, for short.", he said as he tossed this strange plant towards the classy looking individual. Landing his gaze on the hairy individual, for once, an intelligent perplexity appeared on his face, instead of that perpetual stupidity his skull had. His candle-flicker eyes actually focused, turning into actual orbs within his eyesockets.

Lani likes this

After only the first couple of strokes she stepped away from his hand, wincing as the nerves that had been over-sensitized screamed the sensation through her nerves. "We were... careless," she refrained from using the exact terminology that crossed their collective minds, using the politest, yet most succinct term that applied to the situation, "and it cost us a great deal more than we thought it could. As for your second question, that remains to be seen. Eventually, we're going to have to go back, but, before then, there are several who aided in our capture that have... debts that will be settled first." Her tone went from pleasant to deathly cold, her gaze unfocused slowly from him, seeing past all the hectares of distance that stood between them and their eventual prey. Then she shook her head, bringing her back to the immediate area in which they stood. "Anyway, " she said almost dismissively, "we're... wandering the lands while we figure out what should be done first. Not that we don't have an idea of what needs to happen. Far from it. But, before we make our first move, we're going to have made sure that what happened the first time will not happen again." She fell silent after that, mostly due to the brooding anger that had welled up once more tied to how they got into this predicament.

Lani likes this

(Sorry for not posting in awhile, got into an accident and needed some time to recover...) 

@ODSTDRAGON

Wolf was still shocked by how quickly things went. Last thing he knew, he was being swung around like some ninja with a yo-yo. Now he was lying there on the floor, dizzy and confused, looking up at Ameli. He still couldn't see straight and was contemplating laying there for another minute or two when his pendant suddenly lit with a glowing light unlike anything Wolf had seen. "What the hell!?" He quickly got up, and subsequently fell back to the floor, still too dizzy to keep himself level. By then the light had dimmed now to something resembling a small flame on a candle. By then he noticed a concerned look on some of the onlookers faces. With a quick smile he looked around and his face rested on Ameli's, "Do you have any idea what this is about?" with that he gestured to his pendant, which was now oscillating between the dim light and bright light seen earlier. 

Lani likes this

Alishar just nodded in response. There wasn't a whol lot he could to help them other than find their prey and bring it here.which was a very viable option he supposed. However that was up to them. So he left it off the table. @Galen Wolfe

@Tilferen 

Ameli shrugged she didn't have the faintest clue of what it meant. Only he did or another scholar was her initial thought. So she stayed quite reckoning she was about to find out.

Lani entered the tavern briskly, her legs almost a blur as she hurried to a table. Her hair was in a short curly bob up to her chin and her face was covered in freckles. Her gray eyes darted around the room as if she didn't trust any one of them. When she sat down she waited for a waitress to come to her instead of flagging one down.

"May I take your-"

"I just want water," she muttered. Just as the woman turned to leave she added, "Please." The woman nodded after a brief hesitation and left, probably wondering who the girl was.

Lani pulled her deep green cloak closer around her neck, sliding the hood over her head. She wasn't cold; it was more of a source of comfort. She folded her hands together, tapping her fingers against her knuckles, waiting.

She looked around, watching for any conflict that might be brewing. She had a bored expression on her face.

Taking advantage of Aku's distraction, Galen reasserted himself, their body growing and altering it's appearance to his height and featureless skull, the cloak swung around and locked back into place, the cowl pulled back up into place so that the magical darkness hid the barren skull from sight. Opening the door, he gestured for the smaller to proceed out as he also dragged a claw through the rune Aku had drawn on the wall, immediately extinguishing the light it had been producing to that point. Once Alishar was out of the closet, he exited as well and shut the door again, heading back towards the bar to finally order that drink and something to eat.

Lani likes this

Alishar followed his larger future compainion back to the bar he was a little tired to say the least he was running out of energy and this point. But hasn't asked anyone because he knew the answer. So he shrugged and figured it was a nice week to die. He ordered a water from the bar to drink.

Lani likes this

Galen didn't bother sitting as there just wasn't a comfortable way to sit in any furniture made expressly for humans. Once at the bar, he fished some coins out of an inside pocket of the cloak, ordering a large haunch of what ever was the most recent kill, as rare as the cook would allow it to be taken, and bottle of whiskey. After a slight bit of haggling, he parted with the coinage necessary, and pocketed the rest again. Seeing the slightly disgusted look from the bartender's face at having to place the order, he was sure he was going to need to go outside to eat in any real peace, not knowing any person in the past to appreciate seeing a creature fresh from the slaughter eaten. He was actually drooling at the thought, which he still found fascinating, as there were no glands or anything like that to supply the saliva, which didn't make sense to him, but he wasn't too fond of magic anymore either. Once the platter with the entire hind leg and rump of a pig was placed before him, he took it and the bottle, making his way out the front door and picking a spot along one wall to flop on and lean back against before wrapping both paws around the haunch and beginning its methodical 'cleaning'.

Lani likes this

Alishar followed him out and sat opposite from him. It was. Ice and dark out and rathe rbeautoful so he could avert his eyes. He really wanted to help his new found.... Aquantincess he didn't know if they'd like him calling them his friends after all.

Lani likes this

Galen didn't acknowledge Alishar following and sitting on the ground in front of him, merely continuing to eat, with the occasional gulping from the bottle. The issues with how this sort of thing was possible had been long ago ignored, as not even looking in the mirror and watching himself eat and drink made it any less surreal. For whatever reason, he was able to eat and drink without it dropping out of the bottom of his jaw. If he tried to analyze it any further than that his head was going to metaphorically explode. Or maybe literally, he wasn't really sure at this point. Anyway, he ignored any existential thinking and the smaller bright person in front of him until he was done. "So, why follow us out here?" He asked with a slight slur to his words and an edge to his words.

Lani likes this

Why not?" I've followed you every where else we've went thus far.from words to the feet that move you. Why part ways now espically without a proper farewell? " he smilies brightly.  " enjoy your dinner?" He leans back looking up at the sky once again. It sure was pretty.

Lani likes this

The meal was finished, as was the bottle that went with it, both tray and bottle set to the side as the cowl was slipped back, revealing the change in the flickering flames that resided in his lupine skull eye sockets. Instead of barely illuminating the inside of the sockets, the flames now blazed large enough to take up the entirety of the sockets, with a little excess streaming away in all directions from the main ball.

Lani likes this

As Cheng downed the last sips of his ale, he sat back and observed the gauntlet and it's wielder one last time. Despite his assumptions that she would give a quick, snappy response to the fox-masked guest, (who revealed his name as Tobias), she instead ignored him. After returning no response from a statement as bold as Tobias's, Cheng assumed she must have wanted to be left alone. Maybe she was not as open to conversation after all, or he had simply caught her at a bad time. After much reluctance, Cheng turned his attention elsewhere.

A light squeak emerged from the leather cushion as Cheng slipped off the seat. "I should have expected minor social nuances to be different in this new culture," he pondered as he handed his empty glass to the bartender. "And with people from all worlds filtering through this hub of activity, it's no surprise that a few act a bit uninterested with others, at least on first impression. It is a pity though;" he reflected, "that is quite the piece of weaponry. Maybe she will be more eager to talk later." @GamerXZ

Nevertheless, the tavern was filled with others who had interesting tales to tell, he was sure of it. Just as Cheng was about to venture from the bar, a new silhouette rushed past him in a flash. The green hooded young woman seemed nervous as her eyes darted about the room. @Lani She seemed concerned about the people around her, but also gave off a bored expression. Despite him noticing the girl's tension, Cheng decided to see if he could talk to her. If he could simply show her that he was of no threat, then maybe she would relax and open up. Besides, given Cheng's track record so far of reading people based on first impressions, he could be completely wrong on this girl being nervous at all.

He also decided to take a different strategy than last time in approaching. Instead of waiting and judging to see if the person was willing to talk, Cheng decided to be more direct. He made eye contact from the bar, waved, and approached Lani immediately. Upon reaching the table he politely inquired, "Excuse me miss, but I couldn't help but notice your nervousness from across the tavern. No need to be worried here, I like to believe that we're among good-hearted people. And if there happens to be an issue, you will at least have one person at your side. I am always willing to defend the innocent." He smiled towards Lani showing his genuine support. He truly meant it, and hopefully it made her feel more at ease. It was an odd way to start a conversation, but coming from a community where almost everyone knew each other, there were not many times in his life to practice introductions. He pulled out the chair directly across from her at the table, and motioned towards the empty seat. "Mind if I join you here?"

Lani likes this

Noticing the man making eye contact with her, Lani studied him briefly. He didn't look threatening so she nodded curtly at him and then gazed back down at her clenched fist. She didn't know why she was feeling this way; maybe it was the environment.

When he asked if he could sit at her table she just stared into his eyes silently. He got the wrong idea, she thought, forgetting that most people who never seen her before thought she was always anxious.

When he sat down before her she hesitated before speaking, her voice soft and light like the spring. "I wouldn't be so willing to defend those who you don't know about if I were you...not that I'm saying that I did anything wrong."

Lani flexed her fingers and sighed. Then she gave him a tiny smile, as if it pained her to make any facial expression besides the nonchalant one she always wore. "I'm not in any trouble at all but if I were I probably wouldn't head into a tavern where I can easily be found. A maiden clad in a dark green cloak with recognizable features would be easily found and ceased around here..."

Just then the waitress appeared with her water in a small glass. The liquid was discolored, or maybe it was tinted purple for tiny swirls swam in the drink. She glanced up at the woman, who walked away with a flask shaped like a vase that Lani recognized as a sweet wine. It happened to be her second favorite but all her life she never came to know it's name. She took the glass before her daintly between two fingers and sipped it, keeping her eyes on the man. She decided to trust him for the moment since she might need him later.

Lani stretched out her free hand to him, after brushing curls out of her face. "I'm Lani...I'm guessing you're some sort of paladin? You're so quick to come to my aid, although you wouldn't know how malevolent my reason for being here was."

Edited by Lani
Spelling mistake