Voting has reset for the month of March. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Welcome to Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

Acies ab Vesania

open
Tavern of Legend: Season 2

5,032 posts in this topic

He nodded at her comments scowling at shady 'I am not shady' he thought to himself before turning to the newcomer ( @Sparrowgirl). " G'day, So what's your name. Pray sit " I said drawing a seat to our already busy table as my cat smiled at the attention it was recieving I snatched it back to enjoy its hiss of annoyance befote politely turning to the newcomer.

As Petra started to interview the Samurai, Jasper nursed his drink observing the man in the hat. After greeting the group (except for Jasper. What was he, invisible?) he started making small talk with Petra then listened while she talked to the samurai. Jasper moved to pet the cat but it hissed and backed away. All right, then. Turning to Petra, he inquired "Now, what were you asking me earlier?"

Edited by Alex Kimchi

"What's your line of work?" Petra said to Alex. "Or, what sort of work are you looking for?" She looked him up and down, especially his hands which he had withdrawn from the cat. She'd seen callouses like that before. "Let me guess. You use weapons a lot, yes? So a soldier? Perhaps a body guard, or some other independent?" She started writing before he'd even answered, but she wasn't looking down at her notepad. She was looking at him. Despite this her writing followed the lines perfectly.

"In a way, yes." Hmm, she's observant. "Not a soldier or bodyguard permanently, but I do things like that time to time. Whatever pays I'll do, as long as it doesn't get too... shady." He pointed finger guns at Shade, grinning. He was not amused. His cat, however, smirked at Shade. "Anyway, I just go around looking for quests, wanted posters, rumours, things like that. And yes, I do use weapons a lot. Quests are extremely rewarding, because you never know what you may find!" He chuckled. "Problem is, you never know what may find you." Noticing her expert writing, Jasper asked Petra "So I assume you must have been writing for quite a while?".

The samurai bowed as he introduced himself.// " my name is Youska and I come from the Eastern lands, as for where I am traveling I am here to earn money I am also hunting a large colossal black dragon but it seems I have lost trace of it. Also many thanks for allowing me to sit with you great and honorable people." Youska would then continue to sit and sip at his sake as he listened to everyone speak and introduce them selves. Youska would also notice one of the women writing in a notepad as he turned his head and stared curiously.//

Petra had been writing very intensely, jotting down as much of what Jasper had said as possible. When he finally asked her a question she barely noticed. "Hmm? Oh, yes. I was taught shorthand at quite a young age. I worked as a scribe for a while before deciding to do something more creative. I've always preferred books and stories. My father was a great storyteller." She smiled.
"So, wanted posters? What's the most challenging bounty you've ever hunted?" She leaned forward eagerly, then noticed what a good view of her breakfast it was giving everyone and sat up again.

Just then Youska introduced himself, and she smiled at him apologetically for not giving him much of a chance to speak earlier. "You must be a great warrior indeed," she said. "Perhaps you two could work together?"

Edited by Uschi

5 hours ago, LukeRipstine said:

Opening the bathroom door he slipped past @Victorious 

"Yea, Im fine thanks..."

He spoke softly his is short cute white hair hiding the features of his face except his complex blueish grey eyes while his warm mocha skin tone seamed more pale then usually. He sighed to himself his own mental fortitude building back quickly as he sat down, reordering a drink as he waited.

God I need a shower after this, I smell like sweat.... but how much did that woman hear?

Andromeda tagged along doggedly after him, fine chain bracelets and anklets clinking softly as she rotated her limbs. It was as though he was a ghost of the person he would normally be, and all her time away from society had never done anything for her manners. She reached out with one bejewelled, gentle hand, keeping the viola tucked close to her side. Her platinum blonde hair wasn't cooperating, and several pieces fell from its elaborate twist. Her fingers grazed his elbow as she spoke once more, her accent ever thicker as she kept her voice low.

"What was that, in there? You were screaming into something, and it wasn't your hand. That sounds different."

Andy's head tilted almost predatorily, and her dark golden eyes seemed to glow mutely.

@LukeRipstine