Acies ab Vesania

Tavern of Legend: Season 2

@Bkfootball  @Shadowspeaker

Ben slammed down his mug, beer splashing the nearby people.

"Adventure!" Ben shouted out loud. He had been, though it was fitting to his rude nature, listening to their conversation. Ben went on.

"If adventure is what you are looking for," Ben paused. He looked around, and continued. "It is awaiting you all around. I am Ben, if you didn't already know," Ben snickered with a smile.

Varina stared down into the dregs of her cup. She couldn't remember how many deep she was now--there were a solid half-dozen clumped together on the bar beside her, but those were just the drinks she'd had in the past hour or two. Her memory didn't go back any farther than that at this point, and honestly had trouble even making sense of anything that recent. For all she knew, she'd been stumbling around the Tavern drinking non-stop for hours on end at this point. The windows still showed only darkness outside, but Varina didn't know if she could trust that. It seemed like they only ever showed darkness in here. The girl let loose a sudden hiccup that caused her shoulders to jerk upwards, then raised the last cup to her lips and drained the remaining bits of its bitter contents.

"Ughh....." she groaned, placing a hand on her belly and rubbing it slowly, feeling the tension there like a balloon that seemed ready to burst.

A short little while, and that would go right back down as her body soaked up all the alcohol nearly as fast as she could down it. Varina was finally at the point of no return; the point at which nothing mattered anymore and she could just be. This was where she wanted to be. It took her a lot longer to get here than it did a normal person, but that also meant that once it was achieved, she could stay in this state for that much longer before totally blacking out.

Just like the first time she was in the Tavern.

The black-haired girl stumbled to her feet, nearly pulling her barstool over in the process, and began pushing her way through the crowd. Her cat-like grace from earlier in the evening was totally gone; instead of slipping nimbly between larger patrons, she walked straight into them, then kept going without even noticing the consequences. This resulted in two drinks spilled on her, half a dozen people cursing at her, and one guy retaliating by pulling her hair and threatening her. She broke his nose with a single punch, then laughed at the sight like it was a hilarious joke, leaving the other men at the table too intimidated to intervene. Varina's mind was barely functioning, but it still had enough gears turning to reason that she should probably fall through one of the portals out of here sometime fairly soon. Before she did that, however, she had one loose end she wanted to tie up.

"Isayyahh..... you seen 'im? Name issh Issheheyy..... put 'em under stairs, where? Thataway? Huh? Where....."

3 hours ago, SweetCyanide said:

The zombie girl only watched as matters unfolded infront of her cloudy eyes. An individual here seemed to be draconian, but her friend didn't look like one. She also attempted to threaten the two, but they quickly understood the protective nature to defend someone, since they were in the same situation, after all. Another joined the conversation, a rich man probably. 

She scowled at the thought, but it's not time to think about that. Sunny shifted herself to the side, facing the other two, while Candie leaned over. Expressing a smile, her eyes squinted as she brushed away her black bangs. "..Oh?" For an undead, her voice was quite embedded with such child-like glee, quite ironic for a zombie such as herself. 

"A dragon.. huh. Hmm? Oh, I'm Sunny! You can call me Momo." She giggled.

"And this is my sister, Candie." The other twin made a lazy wave.

"Hey."

"She's a demon. Annnd, I'm a zombie! Heehee!"

@Zamarca @BeeTheNarwhal @The Dabbler

Riaen looked at the girls. ''Nice to meet you, I'm Riaen and this is my friend Reyah and the man over there is Wil.'' She gestured towards the other 2. ''I'm sorry about earlier. I was kinda judging wether or not you were a threat. It's something I always do and it doesn't make me very popular. Anyway yes I am a dragon. Well not entirely since I am human at the moment despite these draconic attributes who wil go away in a while, altough no idea when.'' Riaen looked at them both. ''Zombie and demon? I will be honest that is a pairing I wouldn't imagine at first could happen. Not that is something bad just something new to me. Then again everything that is not human is new to me after living on my own as a hunter in the forest.'' She brushed her dark blond hair aside. ''Anyway first time I meet a zombie and a demon. Are you sisters?'' She asked. They appeared to be twin sisters but she wasn't sure.

@SweetCyanide @BeeTheNarwhal @The Dabbler

Kyle took in the information, the smile sustaining on his face. He stared past her, smiling foolishly to himself.

She speaking too much? Not knowing when to stop? People told Kyle that all the time about himself.

"No.. No No, it's fine! I don't get tired of listening," his elven ears perked upwards, making a slight crease in his blonde hair.

Suddenly, he felt a force slam into his back, and he was sent reeling forward into A'aria.

Instinctively, his wings shot out, wrapping around the both of them to cushion their fall. He twisted to the side quickly such that A'aria would land on his right normal wing, and he would land on his side.

"Urgh-" he rubbed his head, and lifted his wing off her, "Are you okay? Who was that!?" He rolled over onto his back, and eyes the person who had rudely pushed him over. The silhouette of a black haired girl pushed its way through the crowd.

The girl continued to bump into people, getting pulled by the hair by one. However, she immediately retaliated, throwing a punch at the man's face which sent him reeling.

Ouch, Kyle thought to himself.

Tugging softly on his right wing, he requested, "As comfortable as it is, I would love to have my wing back, A'aria."

"Hi Riaen! Reyah! Wil!" Sunny expressed a great grin on her face while Candie waved.

"Interesting.. and, sort of, yeah! It's a long story, actually.. hehe. Sis here made a deal with the devil to bring me back. Not that I'd complain!"

"It's your fault for trusting that woman."

"Oh, shush! I was such a young little girl.. but now I'm a fully-fledged undead!" To demonstrate, the stitched girl grabbed her own hair, and pryed off her head. A grotesque sight to behold, really. It made travelers look and spit their drinks, others would feel the need to gag. Her flesh was strangely green, and probably rotting. The now decapitated head started to widen the smile, then quickly put it back on the severed neck. "Since I'm dead now, my blood runs cold. What happens when it runs cold, you ask? It gets numb! Now I can't feel anything.. not even the warm embrace of a loved one. It's kinda sad sometimes.. but kinda handy in fights! Since Candie is a demon, she could do all sorts of creepy stuff! She's just too shy to show you guys!"

The demonic sister simply took a sip of her drink, before pausing and glancing at the other people. Her eyes made a swift flash of blood-red colors, before taking gulp and rubbing her mouth. "...No."

@Zamarca @BeeTheNarwhal @The Dabbler

Edited by SweetCyanide

Riaen looked at the events unfolding in front of her. Due her time in the forest and doing such things herself she was kind of used to the sight. ''Well all I do know about demons is the creepy stuff they do, but if she doesnt want to show it I wont push her. She should do it if she want.'' Riaen looked at how the sisters interacted with each other. It brought memories back of her own sister Noikyla. ''I used to have a sister with whom I did almost everything. She was my only friend in the world since we lived far away from the nearest town and village. We lived in the same place as my ancestors first did after retreating into the forest. After the rift wether or not the dragon thing is a curse or not our family was divided forever. Heh anyway I grew up with her. True we had our fights but in the end she was the only support I could get aside from my parents.'' Riaen sighed. ''Of course she wasnt like me. She was fully human since the dragon magic skips generations before surfacing again. '' Riaen said while looking at the people she had a conversation with. ''I still miss her. My parents and sister were killed when bandits tried to rob them. I was luckily out in the forest. But with them gone and most of my family dead I am one of the few of the Aodleigh family left. I dont know if any other family members that are alive today also have this ability but chances are since it was gone for a 100 years I might be the Last Dragon of the Aodleigh family unless someone of my family shows up with the same ability.''

@BeeTheNarwhal @SweetCyanide @The Dabbler

"You're ruining my moood, I was sooo in the mood to drink--OOF!"

"Don't be such an ass."

"Sorry, sorry. Condolences for your sister. I dunno, it's sorta relatable to the whole; dead sister, or something. I mean, I died, but Candie brought me back... waait. If you're the last dragon of your family, what about procreating? To keep your family tree grow-" A fist smashed her head in, a warning of her incompetence.

"That's it, we're switching seats."

"Y-yes, ma'am.."

"Apologies for my little sister. She's immature."

"But awesome!"

"Sigh.."

Ryeha watched the twins, a small smile on her face. "I take it she's always like this?" She asked Candie.

She's never seen an undead person before and they were quite the sight. She quite liked the twins, head ripping and all. 

She winced when she saw the black haired rip her own head off. "Wouldn't people like you too have bounties on your heads? It's not everyday people come back from the dead."

@Zamarca @SweetCyanide @The Dabbler

The blonde nervously smiled in reply, when she asked about the bounty. Sunny seemed to pause for a moment, and look away with a anxious murmur.

"Yeah, she's always like this. And uh.. bounty? Maybe a few.. but not that  much. We probably have bad blood with a few people, but it's fine."

Edited by SweetCyanide

"Heeheehee. We usually just kill our client if they're gluttonous pigs." Sunny snickered, placing a hand on her mouth. The blonde started to clear her throat and cough.

"Cough, murder, cough."

"But, I feel like I can trust you, so I'll tell you!" She gestured the other to come close, and started to whisper in her ear, eerily giggling as she did so.

"So, this one time, we murdered our aunt, and since we aren't picky bounty hunters, we kinda go with the flow! One time, we had to pillage an organization! But they were bad guys, so don't worry! We're like, having bounties on our heads, cus like, we're apparently too agressive for mercenaries? So we killed our boss cus' he wanted to kill us cus' we were too dangerous? Now there's a ton of guys after us! It's insane!"

The whispering conversation of the annoying undead girl was probably too quiet to be heard, and maybe a bit too fast to keep up, with a chippy personality like hers.

@BeeTheNarwhal @Zamarca @The Dabbler

I take that back.  She sighed. "My friend would be impressed." And probably smack them, but she needn't tell them that. 

"Well, I got this thing as reward for a bounty. I think they're supposed to be two of them, but I don't know." She shrugged and showed them the shackle on her hand. It was almost painfully tightened to her hand, but she didn't feel anything.

@Zamarca @SweetCyanide @The Dabbler

@Robbie Rotten

A sudden strong wiff of alcohol roused Isaiah from his sleep. He had been out for a few solid hours. He looked around him, the needle having worn off. He was still under the influence of the three full cups which he had downed. Biting his lip, he struggled to get to his feet, lazily reaching for the only source of light which he could see. The door handle was harder to open than any safe he had ever cracked in his life. He struggled to turn the nob, his hands repeatedly slipping off its edge. As the door slid ajar, he peaked his head out through the gap.

Outside, he saw a bizarre scene unfolding before him. It was almost like deja vu. He saw a purple haired woman being grabbed by the hair by a large sized man. The woman threw a weak punch at the man's face, too drunk to administer strength in her blows. Isaiah recognised the woman. It was the girl he had met earlier. What was her name? Vareen? Vinair? He had forgotten completely. But what he didn't like, was that man's cocky attitude.

With a quick flick of a canister, he pulled a small pipe out of his pocket. With a soft click, Isaiah put the pipe to his mouth and blew sharply. The needle buried itself in the man's buttock, disappearing from sight. Immediately, the man reeled backwards, clutching his buttcheeks. Isaiah looked down absent-mindedly at the pipe. It was painted black, with a skull drawn on it.

Uh oh.

He looked up to see the man lying on the ground, grasping at his throat.

Oops.

He needed to look at something else. He chose to focus his eyes on the woman who stumbled around blindly. He tried to put a name to her.

V-

That was all that he could remember.

"Isaaaeeeh?" she asked in a shrill voice.

He stepped outside the door, whistling as he went. The door swung open gradually, aided by the direction of the wind. He folded his arms and tried for a casual stance, hoping that she would notice him so that he wouldn't embarrass himself by having to say her name incorrectly.

The zombie girl let out a child-like giggle slip past pursed lips, her sister pinching the bridge of her nose. "Who's this friend, aanyway? I'd love to meet her!" Candie eyed the mentioned shackle that tightly gripped onto her hand, squeezing the skin beneath it. She rose a brow. "Two of them? I'm not quite familiar with weapons, but that might be related to magic. Or handcuffs."@BeeTheNarwhal

Edited by SweetCyanide

"Isaaaeeeh!"

Her pronunciation of his name coming out as little more than one long slur, Varina half-stumbled, half-fell towards the familiar man, the only person in this whole place that she'd made any sort of connection with while she'd been in here. Sober Varina was content to brood and people-watch, and Drunk Varina was content to quietly cause mischief from the shadows and snigger derisively at the results. Smashed Varina was a different creature entirely. She didn't really know what she wanted, just that she wanted something, and on this particular night, Isaiah was the only person she knew on any level, the only person she could seek out to fulfill this vague desire for some sort of meaningful human interaction. Varina fell forward onto Isaiah when she reached him, hugging him and nuzzling her face into his chest as if he were a long-lost friend.

Closing her eyes and summoning every last remaining ounce of her brain power, she managed to reclaim the power of intelligible speech, or at least comparatively less incoherent speech.

"Theeeere you are! I been lookin' all over! Thought I put you in closet..... how you get out?!" she asked, suddenly looking up at him with eyes wide and expectant of an explanation, as if he had done something bad that she had told him not to do.