Acies ab Vesania

Tavern of Legend: Season 2

A'aria nearly squeaked when she found herself falling, Kyle crashing into her, and her first instinct was to shelter Heather, who had seemed to be dozing off on her shoulder in canary form. She'd only seen a small flash of black hair behind him before the fall- was it the woman who had been talking to some of the others earlier? There wasnt much time to consider that. When she hit the ground, she was surprised to find it was... not quite so hard as imagined. Kyle had tried to make sure she didn't fall, she realized.

A little stunned, she hadn't quite moved until Kyle informed her he needed his wing back. To that, she quickly scrambled to get up, a small embarrassed flush on her face. 

I- ah, sorry! Are you alright? 

She held out a hand as an offer to help him get up, himself. 

@Crossbone

@Robbie Rotten

"Wah? You locked me in a closet? W-Why would you do something like that?!" his brows furrowed together, and directed a particularly cross expression at her.

He turned his head and realised that she had indeed locked him in a closet. When he was in there, he thought she had locked him in a regular room. What he was lying on felt pretty warm and comfortable. For the first time that day, he noticed that a button on his pants had been slit off, held together by thin strands of fabric that had been burnt together.

"Did you slit my pants?" he sighed in exasperation, before realising with a start that something was pushing against the strained strands. He turned around quickly with embarrassment, facing the entrance to the dark room, where light was insufficient for her to see him if his pants did decide to shuck themselves.

"These might come off," he pointed at his pants without looking at her, keeping his face firmly locked in the direction of the room. He was too humiliated to face her.

"If you want to talk, we can talk inside, where you won't be able to see if we do," he pointed at the room's dark entrance, which smelled strangely like alcohol, due to Isaiah spending those hours inside sleeping.

Kyle took her hand, before quickly realising how in spite of his lean form, he was extremely heavy due to the two wings which hung from his back. He quickly steadied A'aria as he almost pulled her down with him.

Grabbing the side of the counter, he pulled himself upwards.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he dusted the edges of his pants, noticing a small commotion gathering around the man who had grabbed the purple haired woman by the hair. He seemed to be in a lot of pain.

Damn.

"Who the hell was that," he rubbed his skull softly, his wings ruffling on his back to brush the thick layer of dust off his shoulders.

A'aria had nearly fallen again with that- now that was a little embarrassing. She hadn't realized how heavy he would be, and silently thanked whatever diety was above that he had steadied her so she didn't topple into him twice in one day.

She glanced in the direction he was looking in a moment. Was he talking about the woman who had knocked them over? 

I'm not sure. She was talking to a few others a little while back, I think, but that's all I can say. 

Heather's canary eyes shot open as she suddenly felt a force wrapping around her soft canary body. She immediately panicked, as A'aria shielded her from Kyle's weight. In moments, light returned to her eyes as the angel rolled off the two of them. As A'aria got on her feet, Heather fluttered out of her hands and hovered in midair in front of the two.

Elemental energies stored in her body began to seep out, forming around her like a shell. Fire soon turned to molten rock, coloring itself with the complexion of human flesh. The form of a human girl stood where the canary once was, as the blinding light dissipated.

Heather Sulfuras' fiery eyes burned with a vengeance. Her skin was tingling with heat, and small sparks occasionally burst in the air around her.

"Miss A'aria, do you want me to stuff the head of whoever pushed you over in a toilet bowl?" she turned her head to her Mistress, gritting her teeth in her fury. The cloth on her back which she had hastily formed was ripped and drifting with the wind created by the the small blaze which began to ignite around her.

Heather rarely lost control. But waking her from her sleep made her really cranky. And to endanger her Mistress was a surefire way to get a fiery Elemental princess hard on the assailant's heels.

A'aria's eyes went wide and she quickly shook her head, emphasizing the motion with her hands- a very large no. 

No no no, Heather- no stuffing anyone's head in a toilet bowl! Whoever it was already went downstairs, and were probably just in a hurry- besides, they only knocked us over when they ran by, they didn't commit a crime or intentionally hurt me or anything! Please calm down!

Heather being so protective was sometimes scary- the rage in her expression over something as simple as being pushed and falling over was an example. The fire was an added bonus on the fear tree. 

No no no, Heather- no stuffing anyone's head in a toilet bowl!

The Elemental princess turned around, the flames that enveloped her body shimmering for a moment.

Whoever it was already went downstairs, and were probably just in a hurry- besides, they only knocked us over when they ran by, they didn't commit a crime or intentionally hurt me or anything!

She raised her eyebrow at the comment, her eyes flickering across the room. The woman hadn't gone downstairs. She was peeking under a staircase.

Please calm down!

At once, she noticed the fear in A'aria's voice in her head. Immediately, the flames that surrounded her body snuffed out. She turned around completely, her skin still blackened from the inferno that she had turned herself into. Small cracks in her skin began to form, and energies seeped outwards, covering her scantily clad human body with an orange glow. And suddenly, Heather Sulfuras began to shrink, her teenage girl form turning into that of a 10 year old child. She was now a full head shorter than A'aria. The excess energies had been used to cover her scantily clad body with a flowery dress that went all the way down to her calves.

As the embers slowly died down within her skin, the glow which had once surrounded her dissipated. She ran forwards, regulating her temperature so that she wouldn't hurt A'aria. In her child form, she hugged A'aria by the waist, burying her head in her chest.

"Sorry, Miss, I got excited," she apologised and grinned sheepishly at her Mistress.

In the form that she had taken, the symbol of ownership was still wrapped around her neck. It was now a lot more visible when her skin wasn't toned, almost like a doggy collar.

Edited by Alternative

6 hours ago, BeeTheNarwhal said:

I take that back.  She sighed. "My friend would be impressed." And probably smack them, but she needn't tell them that. 

"Well, I got this thing as reward for a bounty. I think they're supposed to be two of them, but I don't know." She shrugged and showed them the shackle on her hand. It was almost painfully tightened to her hand, but she didn't feel anything.

@Zamarca @SweetCyanide @The Dabbler

Riaen looked at Reyah. ''Well sounds like you hang out with the interesting sort. I mean you are now doing that with a scholar, a undead girl and a demon girl and a dragon and now you have a friend who enjoys bounty hunting? You are quite a interesting individual.'' Riaen smiled. Riaen had listened how the convo went. She then noticed how tightened the shackles were. ''That seems to hurt.'' Riaen looked at them. ''I wouldnt have imagined those shackles are from a bounty though. They remind me more of someone who would escaped prison or something  and t looks like the material these shackles are made out of cant be found easily unless you have the funding, crew and equipment to drill in the ground.''

Riaen then returned her gaze to the twins. ''And how about the comment of procreating... yes I have heard it. That is the last thing on my mind. I am not a person to be bound and settle down. I'm more a explorer. Besides I dont know if I can stand the thought a child of mine would have the same ability as me but that is something for a another day. Point is I am not looking for love or anything. I dont become close to anyone due my dragon side. It's simply to dangerous.''

@BeeTheNarwhal @The Dabbler @SweetCyanide

Edited by Zamarca

Candie rested her elbow at the bar, taking a sip of her drink, before feeling an object poke at her shins. She rose a brow, and lazily looked down at her feet.

..It was a paper. A paper for what? The material seemed dusty and old, and kept rubbing itself on her foot. Annoyed by the persistent ticklish object, she paused her long sip and groggily looked down. It looked like she was taking a rest from the alchoholic flavor, resting her head on the table to read the context. Squinting, she barely made a picture of the papyrus, but it did seem to say something about a 'bounty'. The charcoal image of two familiar faces presented itself in her head, before flying away into the crowded tavern. It must've been a price dumped on their heads. God, she hoped not.

"Dangerous? Do they explode?!"

A sharp foot ran deep into the zombie girl's toe. Another warning. She may have been not able to feel, for the numbness in her bloodstream ran cold. But the heated discipline of her older sister made her want to cry inside. Instead, she started to muffle a scream by forcing it into her windpipe, biting her lip. It was a comedic sight.

"I-I'm sorry.."

@Zamarca @BeeTheNarwhal @The Dabbler

She chuckled. "Indeed. I hang out with quite interesting people." She looked at the shackle. "This is a weapon. It can extend and wrap around things. Works very well for me."

SHe was quite glad to have met such interesting people. Even if she travelled the world, she wouldn't meet such unique people like she did here. 

@Zamarca @SweetCyanide @The Dabbler 

Riaen laughed also a bit at what Reyah said. ''Well last thing I would expect they are weapons.'' She took a sip from her drink before looking a bit at the table. Then she heard one of the twins say sorry. She looked up to see a paper was lying on the floor. Curious Riaen picked it up to see it was a bounty. She read through them and then poked Reyah and whispered: ''Look, a bounty that is placed on the twins.'' She then looked back at the bounty with their images and up to them. She sighed: ''Well seems bounties even can find their way to the tavern.'' She put it down on the table and leaned back. ''You're in luck bounties don't interest me at all as a hunter. I manage to go by without the need for money once you learn tricks to survive in the wilderness.'' Riaen then glanced back at the bounty. If someone would discover this they were in great danger. ''Hmm, you know this is just a paper. I wonder how it looks after it this.'' With that she picked the bounty up and tore it into pieces with her free dragon clawed hand. She then walked to the fire and placed what was left of the bounty in the flames and watched them burn and walked back to the bar. ''Despite having a bounty or not you should at least deserve a place where you can come unwind from stress. In this case a place without a bounty placed upon your heads. This should be a tavern for everyone not some place where bounty hunters will look for their prize.'' With that she again took a sip from her beer. ''This should give at least some free time for you before a new bounty will show up.''

@BeeTheNarwhal @SweetCyanide @The Dabbler

"Wha? Pants..... come off?" Varina asked, looking down at Isaiah's waist and then towards the closet that he wanted them to go back into together. Comprehension began to dawn on her face. "Ohhhh, very ballsy! Lotsa balls now! Found your game, hah!" she exclaimed, laughing and pushing him through the closet door with probably much more force than was necessary. She tumbled in after him, landing atop him in a heap of black fabric; since Isaiah had turned to face away from her shortly before this happened, they would most likely be left laid out on the closet's random assortment of boxes with Varina's front atop Isaiah's back. The inebriated girl spent the next thirty seconds or so making an incredible racket as she tried, and somewhat succeeded, to get herself off of him and into a sitting position.

"Okay, let's see it!" Varina declared, placing one hand on Isaiah's side and tugging on him to roll over onto his back for her. "Oooops!! Almost forgot!" she added with a quick giggle, transforming one arm temporarily into a demonic limb so that it could reach the door without her having to get up, which she was not sure that she could do at this point. It slammed shut with a loud bang and the small burst of wind that this brought blew out the closet's lamp, leaving them in total blackness.

"You like that trick? Pretty cool huh!" Varina said into the darkness. "Dun worry..... I'll let you know a secret. I can see in dark! Heehee!" she whispered, as if this was some kind of devious conspiracy that she had just revealed. "Where's your button?! I gotta, uhh. Fix it! You know..... 'fix.' Haha!!" she rambled, rolling back over on top of Isaiah and beginning to grope around to find the seat of his pants. Fortunately for him, her arm had immediately reverted to a human one, and in her ordinary form Varina was just a small, light girl; the combination of playfulness and incompetence brought about by extreme intoxication would make her fairly easy to wrestle with if Isaiah felt the need to resist her advances.

Natsumi, looking worn, battered, and put-out, trudged into the tavern with a touch-me-and-I'll-chop-your-hand-off sort of air around her. Her normally black, shiny hair looked greasy now, and dark circles lay below her brown eyes. Needless to say, she was in desperate need of a good drink.

She plopped down at the bar with the grace of a large beast. Despite her somewhat small stature, her katana, tanto, and overall mercenary-type appearance made it obvious that there would likely be trouble soon.

When the barmaid asked her what she wanted, she replied, "Your cheapest ale, and make it quick."

Shortly after his statement, Archmaic was splashed with beer, and made a mental note to clean his mask later. He turned to the ecstatic man next to him. "Yes, an adventure. I came here looking for just that." He paused briefly, before continuing. "I will assume you will want to join me, yes?"

@Ervos @Shadowspeaker

Edited by Bkfootball

@Robbie Rotten

The small sized rogue was absolutely confused. Suddenly, he was forced into complete darkness, lying flat on his stomach on top of some cardboard boxes, as the door slammed shut with a loud bang.

He couldn't see a thing, but he could feel Varina shifting about on top of him. She wasn't fat, but she had sufficient meatiness that came into contact with his back. His feet began to jelly, and he began to fell a throbbing between his legs.

But... He has only just met her...

"I'll let you know a secret. I can see in dark! Heehee!" she said gleefully.

Isaiah wasn't sure whether or not be to relieved or terrified.

What did she want?

Isaiah rolled over onto his back, but sat up straight, looking for the edge of the box with his feet. When he found it, he dangled his legs over the edge.

"Suh, wuzzu want?" he spoke to no one in particular. He could no longer see or feel Varina. When he inhaled, he could only smell the alcohol on both of their breaths. His sense of touch was the only thing he could use to navigate the room. Should he try to seek out the door? He slid one hand along the box, attempting to find an object, any object, that would be of use to help him in his situation.

"Where's your button?! I gotta, uhh. Fix it! You know..... 'fix.' Haha!!" came her voice once again.

Suddenly, he felt the girl's thighs squishing into his legs.

Oh god.

Isaiah quickly pulled himself backwards, up against the wall. "V-Varina?" he managed to get a grasp on her name, "What a-are you d-doing?" But in spite of that temporary grasp of his memory, he still stuttered when he spoke. The alcohol made it hard for him to focus. As he shoved himself behind her, he felt his arms slacking. He couldn't flex himself. Now that would be a problem.

Aah, he'd worry about it later.