Valucre
  • Announcements

• Paroxysm

Contact between members and staff   04/20/2018

Valucre.com and Valucre’s official email address (Valucre@gmail.com) are to be considered the only credible contact between members and staff. If you are contacted by someone, or a group of someones, dubiously representing themselves as staff outside of Valucre.com, you should private message @supernal and @desolate. Additionally, if your account is to receive administrative action, or you are the subject of a report, staff will contact you through forum, email, or through the forum's warning system, not off site services such as Discord or Skype.
Acies ab Vesania

Tavern of Legend: Season 2

Varina's laughter, made loud and obnoxious by drink, pealed out for several seconds straight after Isaiah's faceplant. There was nothing particularly notable about a guy simply being tripped and falling down; rather, it was her absurd state of mind that transformed it into the pinnacle of slapstick comedy. When she finally managed to control her mirth, she turned her head to face him, wondering if he was aware that they were so close that the tips of their noses nearly touched.

"Maaaaaybe I did. You don't know?" she remarked sarcastically.

While her words said one thing, her actions spoke of something else: She rolled over atop her fellow rogue and straddled him around the waist, leaning her face down over his such that her black hair fell in a curtain around them. The only thing visible to Isaiah would likely be the glint of her red irises as she hovered over him, pinning his shoulder down with one hand and wrapping the other around the back of his head. All of Varina's silliness had disappeared in an instant; the time for words and play was over. Well, it might be more accurate to say that one kind of play was done, and now she was ready to begin another. She settled her hips into position over the infamous button at the top of Isaiah's pants while bringing her lips down towards his.....

"Hey! That's her! C'mon, up, get outta there!"

.....Just as they began to brush against Isaiah's, the door flung open violently and two large men reached in, each one grabbing one of the two would-be lovers inside. The bouncers--real ones this time, not strange men masquerading as Constable Joe--tossed them both unceremoniously onto the floor outside the closet.

"What the f--what are you doing?! Lemme go! You're attacking a woman! I'm a girl, you can't touch me there!" Varina protested as the two men hauled her back up and began pulling her away.

"You've been causing trouble all night, you little rat!" one of the bouncers said angrily to her.

"What did you do to that last guy?! Our healers only just barely managed to keep him alive. We don't know what kind of poison you used, but that's the last straw. You're not allowed in the Tavern of Legend anymore!"

"What! No way, no fair! I just hit him!" Varina wailed.

"You're lucky we're just throwing you out!"

She kicked and flailed with all her might, but short of transforming into her other self, she couldn't really fight them in her current state of incapacitation, and that definitely wasn't an option. She could easily lose control if she did it while she was this drunk, plus, fighting back would only bring even more powerful enforcers down upon her head, and probably worse consequences than being kicked out. Still, she hadn't done anything to that guy besides punch him in the face! It was a solid punch, sure, but what was that crap about poison?! Varina didn't have any poison! Someone must have set her up somehow to get her booted! This was so unfair!..... But it was also just her luck!

"Damn it, Isaiah, this isn't over! I'm going to find Port Caelum, and when I get there, you owe me a good screw! You hear me?!" she yelled out just before the bouncers tossed her through a portal back to Valucre.

---

exit varina from thread..... again

Edited by Robbie Rotten

Admittedly, A'aria had panicked and said the first thing that came to mind that meant that the woman had gone away. She was glad Heather hadn't commented on this. Or Kyle, either- she glanced in his direction. He seemed fine. 

The child form was a surprise, and it took A'aria a second to respond to the suddenly smaller form that had attached itself to her waist. She was always the shortest one around- this was new. With a hesitant chuckle, she hugged back. 

Ah... it's ok, Heather. Just... I'm going to fall once in a while! I'm gonna get hurt. You cant get into a rage when it happens. Otherwise, where does that leave us? 

@Alternative

Sunny rose a brow and lazily picked her ear, squinting her eyes at the dragon woman. "Geez, learn how to take a joke, lady! Sounds like you spend too much time huggin' trees and chasing rats. Plus, I never asked you to 'challenge' a few papers. If you think that papyrus is prey, you're one silly." The undead twin scowled and groggily rested her chin on her other hand. Her sister angrily tightened a stitch, making a sharp noise of the thread that rung through ears. She bit her lip and winced, feeling the uncomfortable tightness that gripped her wrist and hand together. Candie sighed, and made a knot to seal the stitch. "Sorry. Momo enjoys light-hearted conversations."

Detaching the red thread with a sharp bite of her jagged teeth, the demonic individual tucked the needle back into her coat. Sunny stuck her strangely grey tongue at Riaen, mischeviously snickering as she did so. Her clouded eyes only focused on the thread that kept her wrist and hand tucked together closely, examining the stitches that colorfully entrailed her limb. "Ohoho! You outdone yourself again, sis! Your cross-stitches always look so cool on me!" Candie refused to crack a smile, even if it did sound.. pleasant. "..Hmph." Her gaze went back to look at the draconic woman, expressing an uncomfortable grin. "Besides, we want to deal with this whole bounty thing ourselves! So what if you lend a helping hand to a bunch of ol' mercenaries? We wouldn't lil' old you to get caught up in this spider's web of misfortune, honey~! We sisters would absolutely love to have your adorable company, but keep hands to yourselves, cus' we ain't sharin'!"

Candie eventually flashed a quick smirk, before returning to her normal, dead fish-eyed gaze. It wasn't normal for her to express an emotion. "Put aside that cocky declaration, we insist that you don't touch the personal part. Friends seem.. quite sluggish." She took a sip of her drink, and looked at Riaen. "..But they're the pleasant kind of useless."

@Zamarca 

Edited by SweetCyanide

Riaen looked at the twins and sighed. ''Well maybe I spent to much time with them since those things are part of what makes a forest. I dont have exactly the choice to not hang around trees and rats altough I dont hug them. I am not that crazy. I dont consider papers as prey. You sound like every dragon must have prey. As far I am concerned I dont have prey. If at least I rather avoid them and just hunt as a human. Suit yourself anyway if you want to deal with the bounty yourself, I dont want to force things.'' Riaen took a sip from her drink. She ignored the comment on being adorable company. She looked at the clock to see it was almost midnight. ''Time flies in this place for sure.'' She gazed outside through the window and wrapped her arms around her. Riaen then sat down with Reyah and decided to run a check again on her bow for damage. '''Well you two, unless you want more of my adorable company I dont know what else to add to the convo.'' Riaen said in concentration. ''I am not exactly a type that can talk for all night and day so unless there is something else you want...'' She suddenly felt a pain in her head and rubbed the spot where it was. ''Oh great. Seems again I have to deal with this problem.''

Suddenly she saw her draconic elements she had earlier disappear. Riaen was confused. ''Uhm I have a feeling something bad is going to happen.'' She looked with her now blue grey eyes at Reyah. ''Uhm, I think I need to go. Whatever is happening it feels like it might bring danger to you uhm sorry you all.'' Before having the chance to say or even move the pain grew stronger. ''Well seems I cant get away for whatever is happening.'' Riaen tried to limp her way to the door anyway but failed since she couldnt get away from her spot with the twins and Reyah. She didnt know what this pain was supposed to be since it felt familiar yet unknown to her. That was the last thing on her mind before her forced change into her dragon form. Her body took on the shape of a 4 legged dragon while wings grew. Eyes became red again but her face grew into the head of a dragon while horns sprouted out of her head. Meanwhile white scales covered her body and clothes. Her black clothes and shoes disappeared in the process while her hair fell out. Before they hit the ground they simply disappeared. With only some spines near the head, fur and spikes on the now present tail. What was once a human being was now a dragon. Riaen opened her eyes again but this time her dragon side had taken over. She rose to all 4 but she was just slighty bigger as most humans since her body wouldnt be able to stand the transformation into a true sized dragon. Riaen looked around in the tavern more as a place she didnt know. Then her gaze felt upon Reyah and the twins. With no recollection of what happened before Riaen growled warningly at those who had a conversation with her and her friend at the table. Since the dragon felt trapped it just did the last thing in hope for survivial. Taking a defensive position and warning them to not step closer. Riaen did just that. Letting out a warning growl again and opening her wings a bit to at least she hoped enforce the warning upon them.

@BeeTheNarwhal @SweetCyanide @The Dabbler

Edited by Zamarca

Sunny choked on her own spit. "Hey, hey, hey! If you destroy anything in this place, I'm not paying for it, kay?!" Frantically, she yelled. But that seemed futile to the beast that had taken over their former friend. Quickly, she glanced to her bigger sister, who was watching the scene unfold infront of her blue-eyed irirses. Candie was taking a long, sip of her alchohol, while the zombie girl hesitantly gestured her. Awkwardly exchanging gazes, the two seemed to be in some sort of silly staring contest. Clouded-eyes fiercely locked onto blues, grimacing with every bit of willpower she could muster. It took awhile for her to understand the notion, pausing the savory gulp.

"..."

"..."

".. It's your turn today."

"DAMN!"

"You can handle it, don't worry. If it attacks, you attack back. If it dosen't, stand back. As simple as that."

"There's a buncha' spells I don't know yet! T-this isn't fair! I'm practically frankenstein versus a freaking dragon!"

"Excuses, excuses."

"Ugh.. why, me?"

@Zamarca @BeeTheNarwhal @The Dabbler

Riaen did nothing then just being in a defensive stance. That didnt mean her warning growl was a bit more louder. Her whole body image still took on the message: I wont attack if you keep your distance. Her red eyes still took in the people in front of her while her tail swayed back and forth. She dug her front claws more into the ground and opened her wings a bit more that gave of the appearance she was bigger then she in reality was. She then looked at the person at the table to see what she was doing. Riaen took in Reyah. Somewhere in her dragon mind she saw something familiar still it was to weak to take over her mind. She then turned her head back at the twins who seemed to fighting over something. Her mind received it as some kind of threat. Her instinct told her to attack so this time she took on a more agressive bodylanguage and positioned her body ready for attack. When she wanted something inside of her held her back of attacking what she preceived as threats. 

@BeeTheNarwhal @SweetCyanide @The Dabbler

Lady had sat and watched the dragon transform with wonder lust filled eyes.

I loooovvveeee dragons, almost as much as I love humans.

She stood as the roar pierced threw the tavern, her clothing shifting from the force of it but her eye's seemed numb to it.

The hair of once an humanoid woman altered and dissipated.

Pushing the wooden carved chair back under the table to show her respects in politeness she eye'd the dragon.

Her stare void of ill intention, she started her way over to the dragon.

@Zamarca

Riaen saw some movement in her eye when she was still watching the people in front of her. Knowing they wont do anything for now she turned her head around to see someone she didnt know coming over to her. Riaen tried to register what she wanted from her. Her red eyes kept staring at the being before realizing she made her way towards her. Riaen turned her body around to face the being and let out a warning growl to indicate to not come closer. She opened her wings again a bit to try enforcing the message she didnt want anyone near her. Riaen didnt know what she wanted but that didnt mean she would allow her to come closer then she wanted. She dug her claws in the ground again to give off the message that if she didnt listen to the warnings she gave she would do anything to protect herself. Her dragon mind was just focused on one thing: Survival through any means neccersary.

Edited by Zamarca

"Just give me One More Chance,

Na-Na-Na."

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Vox batted his eyes in irritation. Who had the nerve to interrupt his meditation? He pulled the ear phones out of his ears and pockets them, turning his head around.

His eyes suddenly widened at the sight.

He had no idea how a dragon had gotten into the Tavern, the door being so small and such. But it didn't look happy about it.

The dragon was on its hind legs, taking up an aggressive stance against some patrons in the Tavern. Slightly in front of him, a woman got out of her chair and rather than walking away from the dragon, walked towards it.

A soft whistle escaped his lips. So perhaps he wasn't the ballsiest person in the Tavern!

Getting up and kicking the barstool back into its place, Vox grabbed his electric guitar from the side and began to hum to himself as he made his way over to the dragon.

Earlier that day, he had been able to charmspeak a group of eight men. However, he'd never tried to seduce a dragon before. Well, there was a first time for everything right?

As Vox approached the dragon, his lips would part slightly and curve into a small O. A small blue glow would emit in both his palms, as a soft whistling would flow from his lips. The song would be a peaceful Predator's Keep lullaby, something which he had learnt from his years working there. The sound would move quickly, rebounding off the walls and across the room, causing a few patrons to sway to the music. He would be a few feet up to the dragon by now, coaxing it to sleep with his peaceful tune.

@Zamarca

They halted their useless bickering at once, and payed attention to the menacing draconian who opposed the both of them. The undead girl nervously gulped down, and the demonic twin simply gave it a non-threatening look. Hesitantly, she reached for something in her pocket, and carefully pulled out a tiny book. She began to frantically flip through blood-stained pages, clouded eyes locked onto a specific item. A glince of hope sparkled in her eyes, and expressed a stupid grin.

"This  should calm you down!" Tediously, she yelled, stepping out of her barstool and clasping her hands together. It was a form of non-combat magic, as it was wise enough to avoid a wreckage  in the famous Tavern of Legend. Forcefully, the zombie girl pointed her right wrist forward, and squinted from the painfully bright symbol that formed on her palm. "Rillasar-" Before she was able to cast the sleepish spell, another person had already done the job.

Sunny was forcing her eyes shut, and slightly opened one of them.

".. H-huh?"

"Wow, you suck at it. Should've done it faster, silly."

"S-shut up! I focus on dark magic, so it's pretty normal!"

"Pretty lame."

"You're hurting my feelings!"

"Pssh. Your neuromagic? Kinda hurtful. Gotta owe it to the much cooler guy who did it first."
They once again, began another bickerful conversation.

@Zamarca @Leprechaun 

Ignoring the twin she saw again a new figure coming towards her. This time she had enough. Feeling threatened she began to fire a fireball at the person who was holding a guitar. She then heard some weird sounds that somehow worked calming on her. Her wings began to fold up as she felt sleep coming over her body through the sound the person made. Riaen had trouble keeping her eyes open as her mind gave in to the relaxing music. Failing to keep on all 4 she felt on her left side down to the floor closing her eyes. She was asleep.

Lady laughed as the three people tried subduing the dragon but....

"No one is touching my dragon"

She smiled lively.

She knew that from the moment she laid eyes a-pun this dragon she had wanted it to be her's.

And that it shall.

"Naunld lliafw ivnigo d"

Though she was a spell caster these spells where light enough for her to null in front of the dragon.

She signed as she had cast the nulling spell to late. The dragon had fallen asleep and would stay that was for howsoever the casters had deemed it necessary

"Can this dragon be sighed in my name? I'd love to own it."

She had stated it loudly to on one in particular to see if any one had an objection to it.

@Zamarca

"Go to hell!"

"..."

"..."

"Okay, I realize how stupid that was--"

"Yes. Yes it was. You made a predicament that was clearly obvious."

"Hey, ouch! I wasn't the one who made the freaking deal with Satan, himself!"

"You should've said that sooner before saying; Oh no, big sis, don't let me die."

"Well, I prefer to have died if it dosen't involve--!"

"No one is touching my dragon."

The both of them scoffed, and groggily tilted their heads to face the woman who claimed Riaen, 'her dragon'.

".. Is owning Riaen legal? I don't think her friend would like that.."

"What do you know about legal?"

This time, the expressionless twin began to make a tedious smile, mimicing her sister's. The zombie girl scowled in grimace, and pouted.

@LukeRipstine @Zamarca

Edited by SweetCyanide

@Zamarca

Heather's hands had left A'aria's waist in seconds. Her childlike body turned into a bright flurry of flames for a moment, elongating her limbs to their full stature.

The whistle she had heard was unmistakable, and from the position she faced, she eyed Vox Umani's reckless approach on the dragon. Her eyes had widened upon seeing the dragon open its mouth.

Not hesitating, she ducked under A'aria's arm, and threw herself between Vox and the fireball that came bursting out.

The fireball struck her at an awkward angle, borne mostly on her right shoulder as the flames spread down quickly to her chest.

Immediately, her skin glowed brightly as the embers within her body were rekindled by the familiar heat. But that wasn't her intention at all. Due to her poor positioning as a result of having to rush, the fireball succeeded in pushing her onto one knee, as the flames licked her body with a vengeance. Her skin darkened to an almost coal like complexion, and her irises dilated. Her eyes began to glow a powerful orange, as if flames were burning on the inside as well.

As the dragon halted its stream of fire, Heather bent over onto her knees and gasped for air. She was really out of practice. Her body began to decrease in temperature rapidly. She hoped her Mistress wouldn't be mad at her.

She didn't know what had triggered her to save Vox. Possibly something her Mistress had said about looking out for her companions. An instruction she would be forced to carry out, even if she didn't remember it.

Edited by Alternative

Being in rest her body began to transform again back to her human form. The dragon disappeared to reveal a female human body again with this time the dark blond hair and black torned up clothes. For some reason she was able to hear sounds when she realized she was again in a dream but this time her dragon form showed what was happening in the tavern through the lake. ''Own me? No one owns me.'' Her body was raged in anger. This time she saw a another dragon enter. She realized it was a ancestor of her. He began to explain: ''It might to have effect on other beings but a a dragon like us is different. Due our human side our dragon side cant be tamed or controlled as a pet as that woman wants. In our hearts our lust of being free and being in the sky is much stronger then anything in the world. You might not understand it now but it will come clear to you. It's not a dragon nature to be bound and it will be like that as always. You are just beginning to understand the ancient magic that runs in the family. It's ancient and unknown but also works in a very different way. It's magic that like us cant be controlled and tamed. It gives us our personality as dragons. The desire to return home will always be stronger. Once you understand that you are on the road to your goal.'' With that he disappeared. Riaen still was confused. ''Just how can I be stronger then magic that seems to turn almost everything into a pet?'' She sighed. ''Seems I will be stuck here for a while before I can wake up.''