Acies ab Vesania

Tavern of Legend: Season 2

Garren hears a pretty familiar voice and looks in the voices direction. He looks around and doesn't see anyone he knows. "Maybe it was my imagination..." Just as he starts to turn away he realizes that the gurl sitting there was Sarah. "Oh, didn't recognize yah when I came in. Sorry for being a late, was working." He smiles and turns back to the bar keeper. "Thanks my good lad. I'll be sitting with her for now." As he says this he stands up, picks up his cup of ale and makes his way over to the female. 

As he makes his way to the table Sarah was sitting at he takes a big sip; actually finishing the drink. "Well then." He sighs. He finally arrives and takes a seat. "Quite the different person from lost night? I'm impressed." He laughs. "So how was the rest? Did it help yah?" He asks, remembering that last night she seemed a but weak. Actually tireds a better word. She seemed tired, also in broad daylight Garren realizes her clothes still being dirty. It suddenly hit him.. 'Was she there when she lost everyone?' He freezes for a second thinking about it. 'That would mean she potentialy escaped death or something... I know I told her I wouldn't ask into it. I sadly have to... I will do it later.'

The Masked Man looked at the woman feeding his friend.

1 hour ago, SaulTiber said:

Maybe she has seen the one you seek?

"Good point Toki. Nice Lady, we are looking for the one they call Ben. He is an amazing warrior and he is very powerful. Probably more powerful than everyone in this Tavern. He has shown me his power and I wish to pledge my life to him." he said staring at her very intently without blinking.

Sarah smiled and laughed as the bird lept into her hand and are the offered food. " He's so sweet," she said, " What's his name?" The bird answered the question for her before hoping back onto its masters shoulder.

Garren walked over then and asked her how she had slept and if she felt better. She smiled at him, but then continued to look at the bird, "I feel so much better, I really needed to rest and thanks to you I was able to.

" Thank you for letting me feed him," Sarah said to the masked man. She went to turn back towards Garren, when the bird spoke again, this time about if she knew where to find someone. " Are you looking for someone?" She asked.

The man explained who they were looking for. Sarah shook her head, "I am sorry, but I have no idea who he might be. I'm a stranger here and I know almost no one. Garren, have you heard of this Ben?"

@Dantalian @SaulTiber @Element

Edited by Shaddowcat

"I haven't heard of anyone called Ben, yet. However if I do my good lad, I'll tell yah." Garrens smiles. "Its good that you're feeling better. What a cute bird." He says randomly after noticing it.  

(Shoreter reply. I'm a bit busy in between a few rps currently, I'm sorry.

"I haven't heard of anyone called Ben, yet. However if I do my good lad, I'll tell yah." 

The Masked Man's mask formed a sad face as he replied with, "Drat.. I only know him by that glorious name. Ben could be Benjamin I suppose, but I won't know for sure until I find him. He is very powerful. I currently have a name, but I have made it my life's mission to protect, and model myself after, Ben. Therefore, I will be asking him to re-name me. I'm hoping he names me Ben. He is very powerful." He starts rambling about how amazing Ben is to himself. It really just sounds like mumbles.

Sarah looks almost sadly at the masked man, giving your life to someone through dedication is one thing, but wishing to lose what makes you the individual you are to please that person seemed rather tragic. For all Sarah knew this Ben didn't even want the man and his bird around. She listened to the man's mumbles and sighed lightly so no one would notice, who knew how long he'd been searching. 

" I've spent some of the morning trying to find work, so that I can repay you," Sarah turned to Garren, " but so far, it seems that people are only willing to offer items for work and I really don't know what they are worth. I would rather earn money, which is exchangeable, to repay you. Either I find someone who can pay for a job, or figure out how to sell my jewelry." she reaches up and touches her gold tiara, which is little less conspicuous now that it is carefully woven into her hair. 

Benjamin strolls into the tavern smiling and laughing. "Hello fine world!" He said stuttering. He wobbled around stumbling towards the barmaid. Benjamin was insanely drunk. He could barely even walk. He could still focus though, he was tough like that. "You heard any news lately?" Benjamin stuttered again. The barmaid looked at Benjamin with one eyebrow raised. "I heard someone looking for a Ben but that's it about it," She said questionably. "Well that's me!" Benjamin screamed spilling his drink everywhere. "Who here is looking for Benjamin?" @Element @Dantalian

5 hours ago, SixShots22 said:

"Hello fine world!"

The Masked Man perked up and his masked changed from a sad face to a surprised looking face. "I know that voice." He said remembering that day bet vividly. He turned around in his seat to see who just walked in. It was him! He had been to several other places. What are the odds that he walked into this place! It must be fate. His quest and devotion was well placed. He got up and walked towards Benjamin. When he got right up behind him he spoke very deeply and softly, "I am, but don't be alarmed." He crosses his arms and stands up straight. "I'm not here for revenge... No... not revenge. I'm here because I have a new purpose. He says a few seconds and interrupts whatever Benjamin might say next but falling to his knees and clasping his hands together and blowing his head right in front of him. "Please teach me how to be.."He looks up with hope in his eyes. "You"

Sarah could hardly believe it, this Ben did exist and he was here. She wasn't impressed, he looked like an incredibly strong and agile man, but right now he was drunk. Sarah had little patience for those that were drunk. 

She felt a tap on her shoulder then and turned to see who wanted her attention. "You are liking for a job that pays are you not?" The man behind her asked. "I have such a job if you are interested." 

Sarah glanced at Garren and then smiled at the man, " Yes, I am. I have need of money for my living expenses and for my debts. What kind of job are you offering?"

"My name is Temlin, I'm an alchemists and I have recently found an argane mine in Tellus Mater. I need someone to go in and harvest the argane for me." He looked Sarah over, "it's difficult to get to, you might not be up for the job." He turned and looked Garren, "you're a dwarf aren't you, perhaps this job is something you would be interested in." 

@Dantalian

Leaning against the outer walls of the tavern, Xahlafael watched as a drunken man stumbled into the building. He'd never actually been inside himself so he decided to follow him in. The first thing he had noticed was the loud commotion about someone named Ben. He wanted to avoid such commotion for as long as possible, already feeling slightly annoyed at such ruckus. 

Subconsciously, Xahlafael found himself gravitating towards the back of the room towards the bar. He hasn't had a drink in ages and it was time to break the sober streak. Adventuring doesn't leave much time to stop for a drink. Sliding a handful of coins to the bartender, he ordered a drink.

Xahlafael couldn't help but overhear talk about a job. That is definitely something he needs, as his funds were running low and he desperately needed to restock his supplies. For now, though, he just wanted to drink and have some fun.

Xahlafael ~

Lana's vision blurred as she stumbled towards the bar. Her ribs burned as warm, sticky blood dripped from her side as she cradled it. Sweat dripped from her silky black hair , her pale sickly pale. Her tight blue robes were stained with blood , and her hair hung out of her hood. She slowly grasped the door handle using it as support. She leaned against to door opening it, blood on her hand stained the handle. As she stood in the doorway the pain over took her and her vision tunneled. She fell to the floor with a soft thump, her back rising and falling slowly as she let out short shallow breaths.

"Why would you want to be me?" Benjamin says as he tried to shake the man off of his foot. Then Benjamin realizes it. He had killed that man's family. Benjamin's face turned bright white as he wiped his eyes out with disbelief. "Is that really you?" he says. "It can't be." Benjamin shakes his head and gets back to his normal face. "I'm sorry for your loss," Benjamin says as he bows down. "I don't know how to react. I guess I owe you an apology." Benjamin backs up and says, "I apologize for killing your family. Now, why do you want to be me?"

The Masked Man stood up when Benjamin shook him off. He heard someone collapse behind him, but he could only focus on Benjamin right now. Whoever fell behind him was not Benjamin. "I'm sorry if I was unclear, I don't want to be you... I could never achieve such greatness. I only wish for you to take me on as a student of sorts. Teach me how to be as great as you. Teach me what it means to be Benjamin." He said, ignoring the apology for killing his family. "If you accept me as your student and protector...your acolyte if you will, I will need a name..." He really hoped that he would name him Ben... or Ben Jr. Or Ben #2. 

"I've never named a person before," Benjamin says. "I assume you want my name." Benjamin says as he steps back shaking his head. "You shall have the name Jackmin. It reminds me of my name," Benjamin steps back wondering if he will like it. "Since I killed your family I guess the least you deserve is some training," Benjamin said not believing what he was saying. "As for my protector, I don't think that will be a good idea. I don't want you going through any extra trouble."

Toki cocked his head and cooed. "Jackmin, huh? Interesting name! Thank you for helping my friend, Mr. Benjamin. He's kind of crazy about you." Toki jumped down from the masked man's shoulder and landed on the bar.