Acies ab Vesania

Tavern of Legend: Season 2

The blade merely leaves a mark on the armour plating.

"I'm rounding up a large group of heroes to join me and help me save this world... And I believe that you are...

...Worthy to join my alliance! It's a wonder that you could dodge my attacks, and leave a mark on my armour."

Xahlafael stands his ground, swinging his sword while both defending himself and attacking when he sees an opening. This was the best fight he's had in ages!

"Ahh, sounds interesting enough!" Xahlafael's voice was rough and his words were said through gritted teeth. Not used to fighting, he was becoming winded from the duel.

A few more of the black feathers fly off from his cloak. Probably should have taken that off before starting. 

Xahlafael laughs quietly to himself. "Aye, that I would do." He repeated the man's action as he too sheathed his sword in its holster.

With an outstretched hand, he speaks. "The name's Xahlafael. Call me Xahl for short."

"So, where do we go from here?" The closest Xahlafael had ever been to being in an alliance was when he was a mercenary. His freedom fighting partners were his family, raising him from a teen. When he lost them, he never wanted to be a part of any other group. Now things have changed and he wanted to move on from his past. This was the perfect start.

Fenrir was curious about why the mercenary was battling with another man he asked Alex " Do you know whats going on?"

Edited by Razgule

Alex looks at Fenrir, with eyebrows raised. "They are fighting... I overheard one of them talking about creating an alliance." Alex suddenly goes deep in thought, gears in his mind turning, he calculates the pros and cons of joining their alliance in a fraction of a second. "I believe we could benefit a lot, If we joined them." Alex points at them. "Come on! Let's join them!" Alex beckons Fenrir as he runs toward both of them.

"Wait! But what about the girl?" Fenrir looks at the girl he's carrying in his arms. "Jeez, seems like I'm the only one who cares about the girl. Bartender!" The bartender looks at Fenrir with an eyebrow raised. "Yes?" "Can you take this girl into a room for me please" Fenrir asks. "Sure why not, gonna cost you 10 silver. " Fenrir fished out some coins in his pocket and gave the girl and the coins to the bartender. "Thanks, I'll put her in room 4." The bartender leaves with the girl in his arms. Fenrir turns around and runs towards Alex. "Wait for me!"

Solita was quite content upon her perch, high above the patrons below as she entertained her attention from time to time to watch them from the rafter beam she casually relaxed upon while slowly slicing an apple with her dagger.

Normally, she would keep her presence obscure from sight, having learned that most did not tolerate a demon like her in public society, but this particular tavern appeared to cater to all kinds of species, humanoid or otherwise. So her slender tail hung down freely, wavering from side to side as her legs lounged along the length of the wooden beam with her ankles crossed. The hood of her cloak was drawn back without care to hiding the lengthened curvature of her ears that poked freely through the long strands of bleach white hair while crimson eyes occasionally flickered to those below.

The apple was a rare treat to behold, and she savored every slice slowly. It held her attention far more that the antics occurring below. During her visit thus far, Solita had seen faces come and go. Some seemed lost, some stormed in with a purpose. Everyone had a story of their own to tell. So for now, she mused over what individuals would enter and leave since her curiosity nagged at her to stay.

The door flew open as though an old and familiar patron was making a return, however, Danik had never been to this tavern before. He had experienced his share of drunken brawls elsewhere, but had not yet left his mark on this particular place. 

He stepped inside and took a deep breath through the nose, attempting to deduce what the cook had on. He wasn't sure. The years of sailing had tainted his nostrils with the scents of sea air and salt pork. Stepping inward and closing the door, Danik felt a presence. He could not tell what it was that made him feel on edge, but he knew that he was being watched. The hair on his neck prickled, the same way it did when when he was a child and a wolf was stalking his sheep in the pastures at dusk. He did not know what or where, but he knew something unseen was here. 

Danik walked up to the bar, Knocked on the thick wooden slap with his ring-clad fingers, ordered the strongest rum available, and retreated to a corner to enjoy his purchase. His boots creaked as he sat down, the black leather stiff as it had not yet been broken in. The boots were the first purchase He had made after leaving the ship's company, and he was still getting used to them. As he settled back into his chair, he loosened his cutlass in its scabbard and hoped for an eventful evening.

Hearing the tavern door burst open had become an expected sound by now, so with a lazy turn of her head, Solita slid a lazy glance below to see who the new visitor may be. Her mouth paused in mid chew of her apple with a quirk to her brow when the gentleman strolled in as another potential participant to the entertainment of the evening. She may have appeared uninterested, but Solita was quite observant, having learned to study people while keeping to the shadows.

To sense how much of a threat one may, or may not be.

He appeared a bit rugged around edges since the tanned skinned hinted that the new presence may be a sea fairing fellow, especially when Solita caught sight of the blade strapped at his hip. Nor did the rings on his hand go unnoticed. Naturally, those piqued her interest most of all.  Her gaze followed the stranger after he was served his drink, noting his gait was quite confident. Most likely an experienced hand in a fight. Something she avoided at all cost as a last measure since her tail was lethal enough to get her out of what conflicts she came in contact with in the past. Speed and trickery was more her game for one of her small stature.

After finishing her small meal, Solita sheathed the small blade back into its scabbard strapped at her thigh. For now, she was merely intrigued by the flashing little jewels on those hands which lured her curiosity to cautiously crawl across the high beam with lithe movements for a closer observation.