Voting has reset for the month of May. Valucre is in the top 10 but we aim for the top 3 for maximum visibility when people land on the home page of the topsite. If you want to help new members discover Valucre, vote for us daily.

Valucre

Register now to gain access to the World of Valucre. Once you do, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You can ask questions before signing up in the pre-registration threadexplore the world's lore in the Valucre Overview, and learn all you need to know in five minutes by reading the Getting Started page.

Acies ab Vesania

open
Tavern of Legend: Season 2

6,072 posts in this topic

Lillyan stood in front of the door, letting the hood of her cloak fall around her shoulders. She had heard whispers of this legendary tavern drift in the wind, although it didn't look quite... legendary. Her silver hair stood out against the dark tint of the exterior tavern walls. She could hear the chatter of many people coming through the door, in fact, more people then the building seemed able to hold. Beneath the folds of her cloak, hidden, hung two, powerful swords which her left hand rested carefully on. The eyepatch covering her perfectly capable eye itched. Her right hand reached for the door, slowly opening it as she was greeted by a brilliant warmth. A majority of smells mixed together immediately hit her nose; drinks, food, and people. The golden eye that wasn't covered scanned the inside. A small "Whoa..." Slipped from Lillyan's lips. The outside of the tavern was most definitely an illusion. She slowly blended in with the crowd, first looking around for the bar. A drink was most certainly needed. She inched between the people, careful to make sure nobody bumped into the side her swords hung on, lest a commotion be started. She finally made her way to the bar, choosing to stand so her swords wouldn't point out when she sat. She gestured for the bartender. "A pint, please." She said as she brushed some strands of hair from her face.

Edited by catzdoe

*the slayer walks in and today has a smaller helmet sowing his chin to right below the nose and covering everywhere to the sides staring at the end of his lips, showing scaled skin and gives a faint smile to his past comrades and taps their shoulders reinsuringly and whispers* "good fight, don't forget the brave and fallen..." *he slips over to the memorial where even he must use all his will to hold back tears as he sits there he couldn't hold back all his tears as a single tear drops as he looks at the flairy. yhe flairy was a brave fighter. the slayer is also mad he couldn't save everyone as he hoped so he has to watch everyone die from start to finish.*

Vaddock, seeing another veteran of the battle, fills up a mug of ale and slides it on down to The Slayer.

"Come now friend, don't be so hard on yourself. You fought bravely, as did everyone else. We did what we could, and fortunately it turned out to be enough, if only barely."

He pours himself a mug of ale, and extends it out towards him.

"Cheers. A toast to those who survived, and a bitter farewell for those we lost."

Though he speaks firmly, the bartender looks much older today than he did prior to the attack, and in those weary eyes, tears threaten to come free. 

As he finishes his toast, a young cat-woman comes up behind him and taps him on the shoulder.

"Ah, yes, may I help you?"

Just like that, the charm is back, although to a careful observer, it is obvious that it is in fact forced. 

HiddenKitty123 likes this

Lillyan carefully and discreetly observed the activities of those around her. She could see men with expressions of sadness etched in the wrinkles of their face; some even shedding tears. Did a chaotic battle cause that destruction outside? It was the only plausible thing that could have happened.

And even as she turned her attention to the bartender, she could see how he held back tears as he saluted to their fallen comrades with other soldiers.

"Ah... Yes, I would like a drink. Any one of your reccomendation."

Her voice was gentle and soft, and it could barely be heard above the other customers of the tavern.

The hood covered damien's face. It was a grey looking color, the kind that a dark smoke would be of. He heard those around him, Ones grieving, ones celebrating, ones mixed around with emotion. He honestly just ignored it. The ale infront of him had to be his third. He tasted it the drink, This time being sweeter than the previous bitter ones.

His weapons holstered on him made a clinking noise every time the sword would hit against the knife. He swore one day it would drive him mad.

"To the past" he said this ironically to himself and took a sip.

He wanted too see what was going on, But he didn't feel like bothering their .  . . moments.

Maybe they would talk to him or move towards his area. "What ever" he said to himself quietly

And proceeded to take another drink.

Previous - Next

Vaddock, seeing another veteran of the battle, fills up a mug of ale and slides it on down to The Slayer.
"Come now friend, don't be so hard on yourself. You fought bravely, as did everyone else. We did what we could, and fortunately it turned out to be enough, if only barely."
He pours himself a mug of ale, and extends it out towards him.
"Cheers. A toast to those who survived, and a bitter farewell for those we lost."
Though he speaks firmly, the bartender looks much older today than he did prior to the attack, and in those weary eyes, tears threaten to come free. 

As he finishes his toast, a young cat-woman comes up behind him and taps him on the shoulder.
"Ah, yes, may I help you?"
Just like that, the charm is back, although to a careful observer, it is obvious that it is in fact forced.

Catherine pushes the parchment she was holding a little closer to Vaddock's face; the flier she had been holding onto.

"I found this in my pocket." Catherine briefly adds.

She had not spent much time thinking about what to say but now that she was face to face with Vaddock she could not quite remember what it was about him that made her excited to meet.

"Perhaps we met before... I was here just before the start of the Blight. Are you still short on hands here?"

[spoiler]

She spoke smoothly and it might not have seemed like she was being totally honest, her tone devoid of urgency or desperation. It would be around now that her smell might kick up to Vaddock's attention, the rancid scent of days without bathing. By now she would have begun to smell better, no longer stewing in that backroom wherever it was. Thanks to the lunch Ghallen Berwater offered to Catherine, her breath was especially ... Fragrant now. She was like a living stink hidden underneath a cloak. How charming.

Her facial expressions were well hidden in the darkness of her cloak but you might be able to see her eyes glistening slightly any nearby lights. The arm she had extended forward was dark skinned, evenly dark from her wrist up to her shoulder not unlike a dark glazed confection. Though she spoke low her voice was distinct and strong, enough to be heard clearly this close over the voices of the bustling crowd and the music playing in the background. 

[/spoiler]

For just a moment, and only a moment her eyes drift to watch Guts reenter the bar. Another face that seemed Familiar yet she did not know their name this time.

[spoiler]

The hood covered damien's face. It was a grey looking color, the kind that a dark smoke would be of. He heard those around him, Ones grieving, ones celebrating, ones mixed around with emotion. He honestly just ignored it. The ale infront of him had to be his third. He tasted it the drink, This time being sweeter than the previous bitter ones.

His weapons holstered on him made a clinking noise every time the sword would hit against the knife. He swore one day it would drive him mad.

"To the past" he said this ironically to himself and took a sip.

He wanted too see what was going on, But he didn't feel like bothering their .  . . moments.

Maybe they would talk to him or move towards his area. "What ever" he said to himself quietly

And proceeded to take another drink.

[/spoiler]

Her ears twitch beneath of her cowl as she picks up yet one final familiar item. A voice she heard just before passing out during the Blight. She doesn't move her head and simply guides her eyes upon Mr. Thane

Catherine gasps softly and she takes a step back {Do ...I know him?} She narrows her eyes and watches him for a moment, but in her distraction she nearly bumps into Vaddock, nimbly avoiding an accident on his blind side.

Standing behind the bar was not the best place to simply stand idly. She wasn't sure where to move from here, sitting at the bar seemed to much less pleasant than being behind it for some peculiar reason.

Previous - Next

Edited by HiddenKitty123

Guts opened the door and walked in, his cloak looked a little beaten from all the fighting he had just done. with a weary eye he scoped out the bar, keeping the door open for his companion Kole to walk through. Once inside he walked his way over to the bar with Vadock and nodded at him." Ways clear friend, Trade can begin again I hope." He sighed as he sat back in his seat and looked over the bar again. " I hope you know where that Lich is.I dont know how much time I have left... But it needs to die first." The remainder of his face that was still flesh showed much of a scowel as he eyed up the bar, looking for anyone that might be willing to fight a Lich and his many guardians.

Acies ab Vesania likes this

Flames of honey danced across a background of gold reflected by the eyes of a wandering vagrant. The flames glory diminished as the surprised gaze fell returning to a distant stare piercing across the room at a table in the distance. Two of the three chairs lay on their side a mug spilled it's amber liquid over the table. Not the most appealing space within the tavern but it was out of the way. Ajianrana walked across the tavern eyes focused on that one spot. For a moment his eyes flickered away to watch the bards as they play. In the instance of neglect he knocked into someone. The enormous monster of a man turned to face the boy. Ale spilled over his shirt his eyes narrowed and his mouth widened into a smile. The hulking brute and his table of giants erupted in laughter. Grabbing the offenders shoulder he offered the child a drink. A wave of the hand and heart felt apology dismissed the offer. The man turned with a fickle grin just in time to catch the end a joke. Behind Ajianrana a second wave of laughter flared from them.

Was this the table he set his eyes on? The chairs were upright, the alcohol cleaned up, and all while he was turned away.
"Hello." Squeaked a soft voice. "Could I... are you thirsty or hungry?" The women was uncertain if the boy before her was an unattended child or an adventurer.
Ajianrana turned to face her. Did she see him coming and clear the table? "Thank you for cleaning things up for me."
She smiled at him, her nerves easing at the light conversation. "My pleasure, I wanted to make sure you had a nice place to relax." As she smiled, her green eyes disappeared behind her lids.
"Can I have some ginger-" Ajianrana took a seat at the freshly cleaned table. "and a glass Sylphroot sap."
The barmaids eyes opened and her smile softened. "An odd request-"
"For an odd customer?" Ajianrana finished the sentence.
"No." She said simply. "An odd request for someone so young. Ginger and Sylphroot sap is something my grandmother would order. You don't have to act so grown up. How bought something sweet?"
Was he trying to act older? Perhaps. Being a child wasn't easy especially when most people coddled or underestimated you. "I." he whispered low "I would like some Grandberry juice. Please."
"Oh what a gentleman! And such manners!" She turned the boys face a bright red. "Calm down I was only having a bit of fun." She let out a small chuckle.
Ajianrana smiled and watched her walk away. His ears perked and he shouted, louder than expected. "And some ginger too please."
"Ginger... got it." She smiled back and waved disappearing into the crowd. Edited by Ajianrana

Lillyan carefully and discreetly observed the activities of those around her. She could see men with expressions of sadness etched in the wrinkles of their face; some even shedding tears. Did a chaotic battle cause that destruction outside? It was the only plausible thing that could have happened.

And even as she turned her attention to the bartender, she could see how he held back tears as he saluted to their fallen comrades with other soldiers.

"Ah... Yes, I would like a drink. Any one of your reccomendation."

Her voice was gentle and soft, and it could barely be heard above the other customers of the tavern.

"One of my recommendation? Well that does leave the selection wide open. I have a recommendations based on mood, the individual palette, what you're eating, or what you're into drinking. I have strong, smoky whiskeys or sweet and tangy rum. I have rich vodka and smooth tequila. I have thick microbrews that are almost chewy, and I got hard cider with enough of a tart kick to outdo the tanins present as well. I have bold and robust wines and others that are mellower, sweet varieties for those who like something easy and soft. Ah, I am getting rambling. What do I recommend today? I think a good bourbon could do us all some good." 

Vaddock heads over to the bar, filling up some glasses and putting them out on the table, available to any who wish to partake. When he sees Guts return, he gives the man a nod.

Guts opened the door and walked in, his cloak looked a little beaten from all the fighting he had just done. with a weary eye he scoped out the bar, keeping the door open for his companion Kole to walk through. Once inside he walked his way over to the bar with Vadock and nodded at him." Ways clear friend, Trade can begin again I hope." He sighed as he sat back in his seat and looked over the bar again. " I hope you know where that Lich is.I dont know how much time I have left... But it needs to die first." The remainder of his face that was still flesh showed much of a scowel as he eyed up the bar, looking for anyone that might be willing to fight a Lich and his many guardians.

"Most excellent news, that will help with getting supplies back into the city. I agree, the Lich is one of our top priorities, that and getting rid of these tainted bodies. A lot of people are beginning to all ill, and we still can't move them with the right sacraments*. I hope we get someone on that soon as well. Anyway, as for the Lich, we have an idea of where to find him, though it is less than precise, unfortunately. Finding a phylactry can sometimes be like searching for that in-demand needle in that always ends up in a haystack."

*See the quest "Body Detail"

Ajianrana likes this

Previous - Next

"One of my recommendation? Well that does leave the selection wide open. I have a recommendations based on mood, the individual palette, what you're eating, or what you're into drinking. I have strong, smoky whiskeys or sweet and tangy rum. I have rich vodka and smooth tequila. I have thick microbrews that are almost chewy, and I got hard cider with enough of a tart kick to outdo the tanins present as well. I have bold and robust wines and others that are mellower, sweet varieties for those who like something easy and soft. Ah, I am getting rambling. What do I recommend today? I think a good bourbon could do us all some good." 

Catherine watches carefully, ignoring everything for a moment except for Vaddock. She didn't want to bump into him unexpectedly and more over she was curious about the hell he was saying.

Catherine squints her eyes, confused by everything. { I have no idea what he is talking about. Has alcohol always been this varied and complicated?...} She thinks to herself as she studies the words flowing from Vaddock.

Catherine turns her attention to the man she was watching enter the Tavern a moment ago, he had just taken his seat and she was still slightly curious about him. Catherine immediately resets her gaze on the conversation between Vaddock and Guts. [spoiler]She was curious about who Guts was but pretty soon discovered from eaves dropping he was an ordinary warrior. Ordinary to her in that she could possibly guess many things about this man and be correct. Though she hadn't met many warriors they often felt the same about certain things and led them to behave very similarly. The only thing she was glad to realize was this man Guts was unlikely a terrorist. Not a thug clad in metal plating parading as a hero but instead just an earnest warrior looking to help others. She had no sincere belief in that thought but it was her best impression from what she could hear from behind the bar.[/spoiler] She continues to listen for a name 

"Most excellent news, that will help with getting supplies back into the city. I agree, the Lich is one of our top priorities, that and getting rid of these tainted bodies. A lot of people are beginning to all ill, and we still can't move them with the right sacraments*. I hope we get someone on that soon as well. Anyway, as for the Lich, we have an idea of where to find him, though it is less than precise, unfortunately. Finding a phylactry can sometimes be like searching for that in-demand needle in that always ends up in a haystack."

*See the quest "Body Detail"

"The Litch...?" Catherine whispers within the privacy of her hood. { I wonder what these two are talking about. } Though she knew of the zombies, the more dramatic details still evaded Catherine. She'd likely be out of the loop forever but at least she could remain curious for the moment.

Previous - Next

Edited by HiddenKitty123

Lillyan was quite appaled at the selection of drinks that were listed by the bartender. She couldn't help but let a small laugh leave her lips at the end of the list, and was quite satisfied with the final recommendation.

"Bourbon. That'll do very nicely."

When the glasses were prepared, she reached for one and moved the glass so ice had chilled every part of the amber liquid; because if it was something Lillyan didn't like, it was drinking something warm only to find at the bottom that it was ice cold.

She raised the glass to her lips, taking a good sized sip, yet leaving about half in the glass. The familiar burning sensation at the back of her throat lingered, but the delectable taste of it took it over. The drink made her smile.

Lillyan raised the glass to the bartender. "Thank you for your recommendation." And she polished it off, before setting it gently back on the counter, wordlessly asking for a refill.

"Can I ask for your name as well?"

Catherine pushes the parchment she was holding a little closer to Vaddock's face; the flier she had been holding onto.

"I found this in my pocket." Catherine briefly adds.

She had not spent much time thinking about what to say but now that she was face to face with Vaddock she could not quite remember what it was about him that made her excited to meet.

"Perhaps we met before... I was here just before the start of the Blight. Are you still short on hands here?"

Catherine gasps softly and she takes a step back {Do ...I know him?} She narrows her eyes and watches him for a moment, but in her distraction she nearly bumps into Vaddock, nimbly avoiding an accident on his blind side.

"Actually yes, we need help now more than ever. We lost a few of our staff during the attack and with all of the mess and whatnot, it has been quite challenging keeping things operating in a way that at least resembles smoothly. Usually, my wife makes the decisions on who we hire on as wait staff. I'm lucky she lets me decide what drinks to stock, ha! Anyway, we're desperate enough that I think she would let me just pick someone out and give them a shot. Gwen is the most senior staff we have left now, since we lost Clarence."

Vaddock shakes his head sadly.

"I'll tell you, there is a man who will be missed. Anyway, if you go find Gwen, she can get you started."

Lillyan raised the glass to the bartender. "Thank you for your recommendation." And she polished it off, before setting it gently back on the counter, wordlessly asking for a refill.

"Can I ask for your name as well?"

After turning from Catherine, he addresses Lillyan. 

"Why me? I'm just Vaddock, bartender and one of the proprietors of this establishment."

He scoops up the cup, fills it with some more of the bourbon and slides it back. 

Lillyan let the cup slide into her hand, before turning and looking up at the rafters and the few people that sat above. Her back leaned gently against the counter, gazing up and sipping her drink.

She made up her mind.

"Thank you, Vaddock, for the drinks." She said as she placed a few coins on the counter to cover her drinks. Lillyan then departed from the bar, making her way through the crowd and looking for a way to get up to the rafters.

She found a little ledge, jumping up and reaching for it before gracefully reaching the first and lowest rafter. She then jumped between the wooden beams until she reached quite a height, where she could observe the entire tavern and all its patrons. It really was a nice sight.

Lillyan let her feet hang off the edge as she took a sat, taking off her eye patch and tucking it into the folds of her kimono. She rubbed her scarred eye; it had to adjust to the light since it was hidden for quite some time. Her swords stuck out as she sat down and were pretty obvious even though the cloak covered them. She was relaxing for a little while, a soft smile gracing her features.

[Offtopic]
Someone can talk to her or something... She just wants to socialize, but doesn't want to bother anyone.
[/Offtopic]

Previous - Next

"Actually yes, we need help now more than ever. We lost a few of our staff during the attack and with all of the mess and whatnot, it has been quite challenging keeping things operating in a way that at least resembles smoothly. Usually, my wife makes the decisions on who we hire on as wait staff. I'm lucky she lets me decide what drinks to stock, ha! Anyway, we're desperate enough that I think she would let me just pick someone out and give them a shot. Gwen is the most senior staff we have left now, since we lost Clarence."

Vaddock shakes his head sadly.

"I'll tell you, there is a man who will be missed. Anyway, if you go find Gwen, she can get you started."

Catherine puts her arm and the parchment she held in her hand back into her long cloak.

"Alright... I'll go and find Gwen." She replies to Vaddock

She takes a deep breath and immediately begins coughing. She turns her head to one side to avoid coughing on the bar and pulls her cloak up to her mouth to contain her spray. She begins stepping out from behind the bar as she coughs into it as. She spends a short leaning against the end of the bar simply coughing a bit before wandering off further into the tavern to find Gwen.

[spoiler]

"She.. couldn't have gotten far."

There were only so many members on the staff here at the lost tavern but even without knowing that, Catherine felt it would be easy enough to find the woman she chatted with in the kitchen.

Wherever Catherine walked a faint stench followed behind her, leaving an lingering odor in her wake as she traveled across the tavern's main area to look for Gwen. The odor had every patron unfortunate enough to get caught in it's space desperate to move to fresher air. She managed to trail from one end of the tavern to the other only once before Gwen approached her and offered to show her to the bathhouse.

Catherine agrees to follow the woman, deciding her search for Gwen  could probably stand to wait since no one seemed to withstand her smell. Gwen  leads Catherine to the bathhouse and starts her a bath. She introduces herself and Catherine...

"Gwen, I've been looking for you. Vaddock agreed to let me work here and told me to seek you out to get me started working as a.." She briefly pulls up the paper from inside of her cloak pocket and begins reading. "... attendant. What does an attendant do?" She asks.

They carry on a short conversation, the waitress giving her the basic info she'll need right up until Catherine starts undressing to take her bath. Gwen tosses Catherine something clean to wear then makes her way out of the bathhouse to quickly get back to work, having left her team without their senor server! Catherine takes her bath then gets her clothes on her quickly since the water left hot blooded body slightly cooler than comfortable. She makes her way along back through the now noticeable smell of death lingering in the air between the bathhouse and the Tavern; once shrouded by her own stench. Now back inside she wastes no time getting acclimated.

She wasn't exactly used to being in different clothes since she rarely got the chance to change but thankfully she was allowed to keep her cloak it seem. She lingers near the entrance and looks around this time. Just surveying the room a bit as she stands there idly.

[/spoiler]

Lillyan let the cup slide into her hand, before turning and looking up at the rafters and the few people that sat above. Her back leaned gently against the counter, gazing up and sipping her drink.

She made up her mind.

"Thank you, Vaddock, for the drinks." She said as she placed a few coins on the counter to cover her drinks. Lillyan then departed from the bar, making her way through the crowd and looking for a way to get up to the rafters.

She found a little ledge, jumping up and reaching for it before gracefully reaching the first and lowest rafter. She then jumped between the wooden beams until she reached quite a height, where she could observe the entire tavern and all its patrons. It really was a nice sight.

Lillyan let her feet hang off the edge as she took a sat, taking off her eye patch and tucking it into the folds of her kimono. She rubbed her scarred eye; it had to adjust to the light since it was hidden for quite some time. Her swords stuck out as she sat down and were pretty obvious even though the cloak covered them. She was relaxing for a little while, a soft smile gracing her features.

[Offtopic]
Someone can talk to her or something... She just wants to socialize, but doesn't want to bother anyone.
[/Offtopic]

Some time had passed since she left but she notices a woman in the rafters sitting alone and without something in hand. She figures, no matter how little she knew about service aside, she could at least manage to ask her what she was waiting for. Catherine looks for a ladder or steps leading up the rafters but can't manage to see anything through the crowd. Perhaps the dark skinned man with no shoes swinging around like a monkey would help her soon. She wasn't positive about getting up there without causing damage but she was still curious about the view you could have from up there. She aspired to look down from that height at a later time but for now she'd wait tables... that's what Gwen said to do.

Previous - Next

Edited by HiddenKitty123

As the buzz of the crowd within the Tavern of Legend continues unabated, a lone figure toting a light pack over the shoulder quietly approaches. Unlike most travelers who happened by this tavern, this man was not traveling along the road that passed the Tavern of Legend. Instead, he was coming out of the darkness of a nearby treeline that ran along one of many farms that neighbored the Tavern. Despite how shoddy the tavern appeared on the outside, the traveler's eyes lit up when he saw it as relief washed over him and he picked up the pace of his walk across the open field towards the Tavern. Up until now this particular man hadn't had much luck in the nearby wilderness in terms of survival, having been unfamiliar with the land and unable to find any viable source of water that he subsist well on and on top of that most of the wildlife in the area seemed to had cleared out for some reason. He had a bad feeling that the repulsive odor of death that lingered in the air along with the ruined state of a good majority of the farm houses nearby had something to do with what seemed to be a sudden mass animal migration from this area. War, he thought to himself. It wasn't hard to understand what transpired here, especially for a man such as himself.

Finally, the traveler had reached the Tavern door, and immediately he heard an unexpected amount of noise coming from the inside of the building. However, he was in for a surprise when he opened the doors to the tavern as he quickly determined that this building was MUCH bigger on the inside than it had appeared. The mysterious traveler's entrance didn't garner as much attention as it might have in any other situation since there were many warrior types that frequented the Tavern ever since the dreadful conflict with the undead had ended. However, that didn't stop a few people from stopping and noticing the imposing stature of the man who's eyes were currently dancing along the ceiling as he observed the unusual seating arrangement several individuals had chosen for themselves.

Wearing hooded dark gray robe, this man could have been confused for a mage at first glance at his clothing, though this was most certainly not the case with this man. The robing did not go below his knees anywhere but in the back and a decorative ribbon that hung freely down the center front, though it did not impede leg movement. The garb was further decorated with ornate white over the entirety of the Garment while the man's lower half was clothed with black pants and black boots. The traveler's metallic arms were covered with the sleeves of his robe and black leather gloves, completely hiding his artificial limbs from prying eyes for the moment. The man quickly removed the black and white Shemagh scarf from his lower face to reveal his slightly gaping mouth as he qoon slid his hood back to reveal his shoulder length jet black hair.

His silver eyes continued to observe his new surroundings that were a stark contrast to the air of gloom that awaited the new arrival outside, not to mention there was some type of magic that was responsible for the size difference between the inside and what was seen on the outside. The latter fact made the weary traveler a bit nervous considering he had little experience dealing with anything magic, and the little experience he had was earned through his short time here on Valucre. Still, this particular individual wasn't about to let a bit of unease deter him now, especially since he knew he was going to run into magic in the future while he stayed here on Valucre.

This man's name was Sage Athos, and for the time being Valucre would be his home.

Once Sage was satisfied with observing the area inside the Tavern of Legend, he turned his attention to the bar, and his thirst immediately came back. Sage quickly but carefully paced across the room and quietly took a seat at the bar and called towards the barkeep, "Excuse me sir, could I get a glass of water please"? The man's expression looked ragged, as if he had been walking for several days straight. In all honesty, that wasn't far from the truth. Sage's ship had been hit with an odd storm when he was cruising through the atmosphere of Valucre, and as a result he had been forcibly grounded. It had been a struggle to survive in such a strange land that was filled with things that Sage had never seen before, but at least he had finally found a place where he could rest for a while.

Edited by Ghastardly
Acies ab Vesania likes this