Acies ab Vesania

Tavern of Legend: Season 2

@Crinn

Priscilla smiles softly like something was relived of her chest "Yup! You're right. Can't let them let loose can we?" She said proudly

"Let's run like now, who knows what might happen to that girl" Kristabelle reminded and ran out before any objection. 

"WAIT I CAN'T RUN AS FAST AS YOU!- she's gone, let's hurry" she grabs Remi's hand and drag her out in hopes to keep up with her sister. 

From up on high, far above, above the ones who pushed and shoved, a small form did appear, quick and nimble and with only just a little bit of fear... She quietly hummed back and forth, on dragonfly wings west to north.

Shaylee swooped under another rafter beam and zipped over to the main cross support that held up the roof above the bar section of the Tavern. She planted her feet and the hum of her wings died off. Her small stature strutted across the wood as she peered down at all the patrons, her green eyes like glowing needle light, taking in the sight. Strange peoples from all over seemed to gather here, and that might just suit her nicely. Crouching down she leans out over the edge of her perch and peers directly down. A thirst within her springs anew, her tongue whetted by the prospect of mead. She licks her lips, then sucks them in. How to get a drink?... She could hardly lift a coin, much less carry several around on her person. Her mouth contorts, the concern etched across her features. There were too many witnesses for her to use sticky fingers. A thief she was, but only when it made sense, and there was no sense, or cents, and thus her problem with today's events, un-relents.

@Naralia @PrislyDawn @SquirrelMonkey @MrAce

The bounty hunter was too easy to take down while he was distracted with Kilek. Nor did Jaron didn't think him particularly smart. The man was arrogant but he hardly had the power to back his words. At least, not that Jaron had seen. He wondered what the swordsman would be like if he had his magic at hand but he wasn't too eager to find out.There is truly a distinct line between assassins and bounty hunters. Jaron himself would never try to take down a target in the middle of a group of warriors. Especially not warriors that the target was conversing with. He observed the threads of energy between Kilek and a fly flying about the room. There was another one connecting him and the cockroach crawling beneath the floorboards. Power over insects. That's a new one. The boy would be best killed in his sleep. He considered whether or not he should just let Ace go. In his trade, a single mistake meant death. Many young assassins died that way on their first mission, despite all their training, which never truly makes up for the real thing. An assassin must pay attention to the smallest detail; a single creak, a forgotten pet, a miscalculated schedule, or a disguise that was too false-looking could take a life. Ace didn't expect an attack. Ace made a mistake.

Jaron stepped forward. "Before you find a room for the night, I am going to make sure you never hurt anyone ever again." There was ice in his voice. With those words, he raised his blade without warning. Then he brought it down on Ace's wrist.

@SquirrelMonkey @Velinquish

Ace saw this coming but had little time to react. Not to mention how badly he was cut in the side. He tried to move but it was too late. The assassin Jaron slashed his sword though his wrist. Blood went everywhere. "You-you." He stopped. "I'L KILL YOU!" He yelled and threw himself at Jaron. But the pain was too much and he fell to the floor. He laid there still awake and looked at Jaron with his red menicing eyes.

Edited by MrAce

@Velinquish @MrAce @PrislyDawn @Naralia

Kilek jumped back as Jaron cleft the bounty hunter's hand from his wrist. 

"Woah! What did you do that for?!" He exclaimed. Kilek stared eye to eye with Jaron, fists clenched. "He does the same work you do, except he does it in the light of day. This man did not seek your life, and he was defeated!" Kilek threw his hands into the air in frustration. "Honestly people! Where is your honor? In the few minutes I've been in here I have witnessed a girl throw a knife at a woman's throat, a rather detailed explanation of how you in particular, assassin, would kill that same woman, some fiasco with memories, a threat on my own life, and now you nearly kill this man, and take his hand like a trophy!" Kilek's shoulders rose and fell, his breath heavy from shouting. Perhaps he shouldn't try to scold the assassin again. Especially after what he had seen the man do. 

Kilek felt the power of the Surgestone on his forearm tug at him, urging him to use it in his anger. He forced it down, calming himself, then looked back at the bounty hunter, on the floor and bleeding. With a sigh, Kilek crouched down to help staunch the bleeding. At least this man had had the honesty to not stab Kilek in the back in the middle of his conversation. That at least would earn him some respect, no matter how foolish it was.

Quite the sight far below, upon the tavern floor a show! A hand relieved of duty, the red blood signalling futility. 

Shay's gaze was stolen away from her initial quarry, a momentary shift in priority. The violence and display of force was just too much to ignore off handedly. (Get it!?) Plopping down on to her butt, Shay crossed one leg over the other and began to him softly as she continued to watch, content to be only an observer in this drama. No need to get involved where involvement meant loss of limb. Who needs to be a hero? There's certainly plenty to go around. But are there any who are worth their namesake? That still remains to be found.

@Velinquish @MrAce @SquirrelMonkey @Naralia

".....and they call me a psycho" Aurore scoffs at the two and quickly tended to his wound. She places her hand gently in his arm. When she did so the pain numbed and his killing intent was calmed down. "You're hand will numb as long as you have enough magic, so no super crazy spells" she told Ace in a concerned and annoyed tone. 

"Also you're bad being bounty hunter like you gave away your position and made a scene near warriors that are paranoid" she sighs disappointed and glances at Jaron for a second. It is true, he hardly cared of whoever might be an acquaintance of Kilek or even what kind of surrounding he is in. She was no bounty hunter, at least she thinks so, but it was plain obvious really.

She rubs her head suddenly has a shocked look in her face. She didn't know she can heal or at least numb a wound, this is new. She smiles at her discovery. "Maybe I'm not a bad person before.... maybe" She laughs a bit dryly after remembering what's her situation. 

"Jaron..." She says a hinted anger and frustration but it was like her positive tone mixed. "Who gave you the authority to not give Ace a second chance?" She cracks her fingers trying to stop herself to hit him of something unjust "Nobody chopped your hand! Jeez, may the goddess who look us me be on my side" she muttered something else but it was intelligible. She raises her hand on Jaron but restrains herself from whatever she was going to do instead she went back to her seat and drank and ordered tea. 

Edited by PrislyDawn

A graceful slip, over the edge, Shay flew (fell?) from on high, dragonfly wings spread wide. Is it falling when it's guided by gentle flicks of quadruplet wings? The quarrel among the patrons had caused a large enough disturbance that the small Fae creature was able to land unnoticed upon the rim of a awkwardly wide mug. One foot planted on either side of it's edge, she stood over the sweet smelling mead that was held within. A quick look about showed that she was as of yet to be discovered, so gently, slowly, she leaned down and reached far into the cup. A hand poked at the surface and a light glow of magic formed. She crafted from her bark a small tiny ladle, scooping up some of the liquid within and bringing it up to her lips. With a delighted intake, she quickly drained what she had. Two, three, four more such takings... in total, nothing too disagreeable for a regular sized humanoid to lose. She straightened back up and wiped dribble from her lips, her gloved hand returning to its original design. Had she been spotted? She takes another gander, curious to note if anyone had spied her thievery...

@SquirrelMonkey @Velinquish @PrislyDawn

Ace stood up and the pain was gone. His hand was nothing more than a stump. "Sorry Priscilla but there is one spell I must try." With that he said "Limbalic." Jaron drew his sword at the name of the spell but then put it back when he saw that Ace was not attacking him. A hand made of bones burst though his stump of flesh to show that his he had a hand made of bones. "It's a form of nercromancy. The flesh will come back in about a week." But then he felt the pain coming back as he used up all his magic. He fell to the floor for the secound time. "I'm fine I just need some rest." He said weakly. He smiled.

Edited by MrAce

The girls he had introduced himself to became engrossed in a private conversation, he stood nearby causually getting a better scope of the other members of the developing party. 

A blade came down at incredible speed, he gasped as the newest-comers hand came off at the wrist. 

A spot of brown-looking blood caught his eye. Images of a young boy trudging in a dirt-stained uniform flooded his mind. Help. Had to help. 

Quickly. He was stumbling over dead shrubbery. His feet guided themselves. He pulled the boy by the collar closer to camp. Closer. The boys hands grabbed at the sky, he was convulsing. Blood and dirt in his hands, but he couldn't walk further.Not for the sight of them.

His hands froze in a clawing position. He was still as everyone else scurried. He walked back to the bar stiffly, the attractive waitress he had called on earlier was frozen. 

"Hey!" He snapped, "give me the strongest drink you have." 

The man was curled up on the floor, a bone appendage had burst through his skin. He recoiled. 

"Buddy," he said propping his head against his knee, "Drink this."

@Naralia @PrislyDawn @SquirrelMonkey @MrAce @Dizzy00 @Quasar

"I have given him a second chance," Jaron spoke quietly, looking down at the man before him. "Maybe not at killing again but the chance at life. That's more than many had ever received." A shadow was cast over his face as if he had known someone who had been cut down by their own target. "Nor did I ever place myself in the mercy of others, where they can choose to take my life so easily." At least not that I remember. "Let alone take my hand." Jaron immediately regretted this unspoken challenge as soon as the words that carried it left his lips. He kept his hands on his swords, ready to draw them should anyone try to hurt him like he did Ace. He was rather relieved when Aura put down her hand. He had been preparing to block off his mind again and lunge at her. Better paranoid than dead. When the skeletal hand appeared from the stump, Jaron studied it in a mixture of disappointment and slight fascination. A week would have to do. I will be here no longer than that. The display of magic almost caused him to miss a pinpoint of light streaking by out of the corner of his eye: the light of another soul. His eyes shifted across the floor where it might have landed to catch sight of it again but his efforts were fruitless. Jaron turned back to the group of people in front of him.

When the man in the cape came across the room to hand Ace a drink, Jaron let him. So quickly I have been turned into the villain for teaching the lesson I did, mused Jaron. He suddenly realized that he had seen the man before hanging out near the group. He might already know all of them. With this in mind, Jaron walked back to the table and reclined in his wooden chair once again.

A large man pushes his way through the tavern doors, exhaling sharply at all of the commotion. He decides to stray from the violence and takes a seat far from it, along one of the walls of the tavern. He settles himself at a large table with about four empty chairs and waggles his gloved finger towards one of the bar maidens with a warm grin. Their interaction would be brief, he only orders a bottle of whiskey to himself and offers the woman more than enough coin to cover it. She blushes and offers him a quiet laugh in return, though he knows that it is not sincere to a man of his age, considering the blushes he received in his prime. His fingers clear his face, mostly his forehead, of his thick locks of hair and a book is produced from a satchel on his hip. He opens the worn book to a blank page and carefully begins drafting lines upon it as he awaits his whiskey.

Edited by @fterdark

@Velinquish @SquirrelMonkey

When the man came and offered him a drink he took it thanking him after he was done. The drink made him feel much better and he stood up. Ace looked at Jaron with his eyes full of hate and said. "You say you gave me a second chance to live. That is where you are wrong Jaron! If I was anyone else my arm would be gone forever and I would never live agian! There is a big diffrence between living and surviving and if I lost my arm I would never live. Only survive spending my days hiding in fear. So yes you are the bad guy! You could have taken away my abilty to live. Also make no mistake I will pay you back. A arm for a arm.

Edited by MrAce

@Velinquish @MrAce @Naralia @PrislyDawn @Dizzy00 @Quasar

"Peace!" Kilek said to Ace in a warning tone. "I do not think this establishment would take kindly to more bloodshed within its walls." Kilek looked warily at the skeletal hand extruding from Ace's wrist. "Also, as a word of advice, you walked up to this man, exclaimed your name loudly before being bested by him, and you still want to make him your enemy? Men who do these things don't live very long" Kilek shook his head. "I spoke of honor my friend-who-tried-to-kill-me, but you do not gain it by taking blood for blood." Kilek glanced back at Jaron. 

Wait, what is that? An odd form on a cup... Kilek turned back to the group of people, he couldn't afford to be distracted right now. "If you want to fulfill all debts here and now, this man stepped in when you tried to kill me. By your logic I would be required to do the same for him, and the odds would not look good for you."

As he talked, Kilek found a fly buzzing past, he sent it toward the odd form he had seen earlier, giving it a simple command.

Investigate.

Joel's eye's darted toward the attacker. His armor was covered in crannies from head to toe. He snatched the chair by his side, and brushed the his dark curs out of his face, behind his ears. He chuckled quietly as the speech by Kilek ended. 

He sighed, " I thought that was gonna get uglier."

" I'm Joel," he offered Jaron.

He stuck his hand out for a shake," just don't chop it off." He joked.