Acies ab Vesania

Tavern of Legend: Season 2

"Men..." Aurore grumbles under her breath. "I have no memory of them before but I hope this not what they are like" she sips her tea.

"Can we just ignore everything wrong that has happened and start drinking beer. Causing a bigger mess but hey,  we're drunk" she suggested while tying her hair into a bun "I forgot how being drunk is like but I have an itch it'll be fun" she slightly giggles but she doesn't know why.

"It'll be on me" she offered

@Naralia @Velinquish @SquirrelMonkey @MrAce

Edited by PrislyDawn

Gracefully a small spindly leg rounds the rim of the mug and Shay stands up straight, balancing precariously on one edge now. Both arms go up in a stretch fully complimented with a yawn. The tiny faint-green glow of her eyes goes out for a moment as the yawn over takes her and her eyes squeeze shut. With a breath, she relaxed and peers about once more. Time to find a safer place to people watch. 

Just as she is about to flitter off, a small hum of insect wing catches her elongated ear... Where? Ah! Just there...! A smile, a meal, time to capitalize on this deal. A leap, a pounce, her wings spread and she starts the dance. Flitting left, then right, over above then straight up from below. Snatched! Caught! Shay was unknowing, but the little spy attempt was for naught.

@Naralia @PrislyDawn @SquirrelMonkey @Dizzy00 @MrAce @Quasar

Jaron smiled at Ace's hypocrisy. "Perhaps if you think ending someone's life makes a person bad, you should reconsider your profession. If you don't care if it makes you yourself bad, then you shouldn't complain if someone intends to do the same to you." Even with Kilek's vow of protection, he was wary of Ace and made sure to track his movements. Right now, the bounty hunter's energy was raging wildly, directed straight at him. It is a strange feeling being an object of hate, and although it was not new to him, he did not like it. Relax, he told himself. The wounded man is the least of your problems right now. If he tries to hurt you, you could kill him then. For now, you're allowing yourself to be distracted. He waved the waitress over and ordered another drink, ignorant of the stray thread of energy that stretched from Kilek to a nearby fly, although he wondered about his sudden alarm. When Joel sat down and introduced himself, Jaron offered a grudging smile and shook his hand. "I'm Jaron," he replied.

Jaron was not one to make friends, but the few he had were often connections that would be useful in the future. He wondered at Joel's hidden secrets and what abilities he would display later on. Aura's remark about men was not unheard, although Jaron decided to ignore it. "Aura, we have to get back to your... little problem later on. Having magicians controlling your brain is not a good thing."

"WE'RE NOT CONTROLLING HER, GOT IT?!?" The voice screamed to all their heads except Aurore who seems oblivious. To Jaron's view the thread of magic is outside now. 

"Jeez, can you at least answer my offer and not worry about a nonexistent problem. Even if there were would they be that bad" she sighs ordering beer this time "But really should I order an alcoholic drink for everyone, so everyone can forget about what happened because drunk. I don't really know how being drunk is like but yeah" she said then starts chugging on her ordered drink. "I can't stay here long" she said impatient of something that makes her itch trying to think about it. 

The door to the tavern flung open, and in came a man in a green hooded robe withe gold highlights. He looked young, and like he had many stories to tell, if he was asked. He took a look around and chuckled to himself. He then walked over to the bar.

"Hello good sir! I'll take some milk please!" 

The bartender looked at him, as if he was just asked to blindly jump off a bridge. 

"Y-you want milk? You're in a tavern and you're asking for milk?"

"What's wrong with milk? I will have you know sir that I don't drink, and I have a craving for milk! Soooo, why can't I quench my thirst with milk? Are you telling me that you don't have milk?! What kind of tavern doesn't have milk?!"

"No no no, we have milk.... it's just... most people don't order milk at a tavern." 

"Well if that's the way you're going to be then I'll take my money elsewhere!"

"Sir, I'll get you the milk. Just... have a seat. I'll get you your milk shortly." 

"Thank you." The man in the green robe, who had just ordered milk and made a scene of which anyone at the tavern noticed, sat at the bar. He looked around once more, smiling. Perhaps this scene he had just caused will provide him with new friends or chat buddies. But, who knew?

Alec Ford sat in the corner of the Tavern of Legends. His armour hidden under his cloak. The hood up hiding the helmet that he wore. The sword sat sheathed next him as he listened to the humdrum of the tavern. Alec didn't talk to any of the other patrons and was quite content drinking alone. It gave him time to ponder his current predicament. He had asked the witch for eternal youth, and he got it, but was now bound to the armour he now wore. It is the only thing keeping him alive. He had a tome sitting on the table in front of him. It sat open on a page that displayed the basic design of the suit he wore. Alec was trying to figure out how the suit he once used commonly had become fused with his soul. He studied the book, finding no clues on how to release his soul from the armour. 

Quietly a rugged man slipped into the tavern, his attempt to avoid any eye contact painfully obvious to those that caught sight of him. Even his already dirty, ragged clothes had seen better days than this one, the fresh stains of animal blood scattered all over them telling the story of how he ended up here. The man himself didn't looked much better. His face was riddled with mud, and the skin around his left eye was swollen from what appeared to be a simple, yet mean infection. 

Slowly he descended down on a chair right at the counter of the tavern, muttering obscenities under his breath every time his body reminded him that he hadn't really slept in two days. Without even waiting for the Barkeeper to notice him he placed down a random collection of objects in front of him: two slightly deformed copper rings, a broken necklace and some silver scrap. It wasn't hard currency but still probably worth more than any drink he could order. 

"The hardest stuff you got in the biggest mug you can find."

The man behind the counter offered him a look that turned from curiosity to disgust as his eyes fell upon the half worthless trinkets he offered instead of currency. Mumbling something incomprehensible he turned around, filling a clear, besides a few hints of dirt, liquid into a large mug that probably once had been the horn of some beast. Wordlessly he placed it in on the counter before returning to ignoring him to tend to the more conventional customers. 

For the first time in days Damian felt a wave of relaxation flow over him, as his right reached for his drink, while his left fiddled through his pockets to look for his secret ingredient. Moments later it returned to sight, producing a near empty potion bottle filled with a bright purple substance inside. Dropping what was left into the drink he watched with satisfaction as the purple liquid dissolved into the alcohol before finally taking the long anticipated first sip of his drink. As the warmth of both his drink and his potion began to fill his body from within, he leaned back in his chair, allowing his green eyes to wander over the others that had found their way here.

Edited by Abyss

The bartender came back with Trevor's milk. "Here you are sir." 

"Thank you!" Trevor then drank all of his drink in one gulp, giving a gasp of refreshment. He payed for it then suddenly... he felt a great power emanating from the corner of the tavern. His head tilted in that direction. 

@Sanity

Trevor walked over to Alec and sat down, weather he liked it or not. Trevor knew a curse when he felt one.Trevor could also tell he needed help, and since he looked like a mage to begin with, he hoped Alec would be smart enough to let him help.

"What did you do? What is the curse?"

Trevor wasted no time in getting started with the process of getting rid of the curse, or at least helping Alec with whatever he needed help with.

It's been a lonesome road. After his recent brush with death, once again Devian sets out for the tavern of legend where his agreed upon contact would be waiting to pay him his bounty. He was excited at the prospect of an earnest fight with some tough opponents but even that was an understatement as Devian found out later on to his dismay. Having been tasked with eradicating a group of assassins who defected from the kingdom and have taken refuge in the outskirts of a city that was a week's ride from the tavern, Devian set out with confidence and assuredness of a job easily done and a sum of money too good to be true.

Dozens of corpses and bleeding wounds later coupled with long days walking since he lost his horse in the fight, Devian promised himself not to be a fool like he usually is and actually ask more details about the contract before accepting. What's done is done, however, and Devian has finally arrived at the tavern, a bit exhausted but otherwise feeling satisfied with his work and with his incoming pay. He opened the tavern door and was instantly greeted by the racket caused by the never-ending multitude of patrons and tavern workers. He missed those noises and the scent of ale, smoke, and food sizzling on spits, he missed the serving girls here and the constant sound of conversation in the tavern, even though its been just less than a month since he's been here. "Here I am now" He said to himself, he entered the tavern and went for the bar and sat down, dropping his duffle bag beside him with a heavy thud. "Barkeep! Some strong ale and a plate of tonight's dinner please, on the double!" He ordered as he settled in. He took in the surroundings, things haven't changed much and he didn't expect it too, same place different faces. A smiling man was busy conversing with a young man in a hooded cloak. A group of girls are busy drinking at the bar, some merchants were busy conversing about business no doubt. Devian was busy taking in the sights when his order came swiftly. "Much appreciated." He thanked the man for his service and tossed him three gold coins for his trouble much to the bartender's surprise. Devian has amassed quite a fortune from his daredevil forays and perilous jobs. He hoped he'd find a nice place to sleep in for the night after he's dug in and drank his ale but if not then he'll just find somewhere to tuck in without being a bother, easier said than done with all his heavy armour and height.

Alec slammed the book shut when the mage sat down. His eyes rose as he looked the green-robed mage. "Little young for a place like this aren't you?" 

Alec slid the book off the table and under his cloak. He pulled a cigar from underneath his cloak. Pacing it in a small opening where his mouth should be. Alec lit the cigar using the magical properties of his suit. Taking a puff, the room around him seemed to blur. It wasn't a normal cigar. It was dosed up with rare spice that had depressant properties similar to alcohol. Taking the cigar out he offered it to the life mage after he took a puff. "Want some?"

Trevor chuckled at the word young. He then held up his right hand, two fingers up. He then started rotating his hand counter clockwise, and the book Alec had put away came out and opened to the page he was on, the book then layed itself on the table, but this time facing Trevor. He glanced down at it, putting his arm down. He then looked at Alec. 

"You are suffering from the binding curse. I can tell you were trying to find a way to cure it, but you're not going to find it in this book. This simply explains curses, not how to fix them. My question is, since you clearly got this curse from a witch, what did you want from the witch?"

Sam felt slightly out of place when he came to the tavern. He was just looking to stay since he was new in town, but when he entered the tavern it felt kind of quiet even for a tavern. He looked side to side, maybe it was just a long night? This was hard to tell so instead Sam took a seat at the middle of the bar his green eyes watched the bartender until the bartender came over.

"Just wine, for now."

He told the bartender when asked what kind? He simply said to surprise him that he didn't really care just wanted to drink. He twirled his fingers around the ends of his hair before digging into his pocket when his wine came to put down some coin. The place smelled almost homey but people seemed to be kind of quiet and approached the bartender a lot. Not that Sam had any room to talk since he too was keeping to himself for the moment. He sipped his wine as he kept an ear out for other people's quiet conversation. Who knows, maybe he could find something of interest?

Edited by Azaline

Alec slammed the book shut. The front read "A Concise Examination of the Origins of Magitech and its use in Armour." Tapping the title with his finger he spoke. "I wasn't looking to break the curse. I was learning to best use the armour. Wondering how it has so many new abilities now that it is bound to me." 

He slid the book back off the table and under his cloak. "Child, curses aren't cured, there are broken. Frankly, I don't see a need to have this curse broken. I got what I asked for and more. I used to only use my sword, but now my armour has a much more offensive capability. So, you mind telling me why you feel you know so much about my current situation? A little curious as to why you sat down here. A saviour complex perhaps. Do you often feel the need to save everyone?"

Trevor looked at Alec like he was an idiot. 

"Clearly you don't understand what a curse is. As someone who has lived with one for over 300 YEARS, I can tell you there are times where you want them gone. And do you know what broken things are? Not gone, merely broken. In other words they can be fixed. Cured means its gone forever. Now I'm fine if you are happy about this curse, but let me tell you, all curses have massive downsides. And I'll let you know now, the curse of binding is not good for your soul. Sure, you have eternal life now,"  he then muttered: "which some might consider a curse all on its own," he went back to talking in a tone that was sincere care, but also had a bit of sass. "But now you have something evil on your body. This thing is also attached to your soul, which is something that's key to living. Without your soul, you are a shell. I'm hoping you understand that a curse is not usually a good thing to carry with you. And this armor, it's not going to be fully in your control. Besides, I can tell you either aren't happy withat the curse, or you know what it will do to you. You were looking at that book to find clues on how to remove the arumor from your soul. I'm an observant man."

Trevor had a sincere look in his eye. It was clear to Alec that this was no ordinary kid. It was clear Trevor just wanted to let Alec know what he was getting into. Whether Alec needed help with this thing or not, depended on who the witch was, and also what Alec gave her.

Edited by Trevor Wisegem

From the solitude of his seat Damian watched the happenings of the tavern. In a place like this things had a tendency to be chaotic, a side effect of cramming countless tired travelers in one room with a steady supply of alcoholic beverages.

Now that the mug in hands was half empty he finally felt like himself again. Despite the amount of the clear, quite disgusting liquid he had consumed his mind had grown sharper then before, not due to the drink but because of the potion he had mixed into it. The time had come to stop his break and get to work once more. In his case that meant looking, or rather listening, for any worthwhile opportunity, something not in low supply in any tavern he had visited so far. Unsurprisingly it didn't took him long to find what he was searching for.

At first a small showcase of even smaller magic had caught his eye, a book floating into the air less than an inch above a table, and a heated discussion between two of the patrons of the tavern. He was to far away to understand the exact contents of the discussion, but he was certain that he overheard the words "Curse","Witch" and something about a book holding knowledge about said things. Slowly he rose from his chair, walking just close enough to the two patrons to eavesdrop onto their conversation without standing directly in their sight. The plan was simple: Wait for a diversion, or if needed create one, and then swipe the book from under the man's cloak.

Patient green eyes rested on the two, while far less patient hands searched through his backpack. After a few moments his left reached another small potion bottle kept there, and placed it in the palm of his hand to keep it hidden from prying eyes. In case there was no distraction coming he would simply toss it over to the table, and use the moment of confusion to get done with his plan.

@Sanity@Trevor Wisegem

Edited by Abyss